Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played well today, but scored bad. 39/41, 80

4 doubles, 2 birds, 2 bogs.

All the doubles came from trying something stupid...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I literally had the weirdest round of my life today. Played a brand new course, struck the ball as well as, or even better than the time I shot 80 a couple weeks ago, but ended up with 87. The reason? 11 pars, 1 bogey, 4 doubles, and 2 triples. It didn't help that I lipped out on 2 birdie putts either.

I need to get my driver settled down... freakin OB's everywhere on that course.

In the bag as of now...

Driver: Titleist 909 D3 9.5* w/ Diamana Kai'li 60 X
3-wood: Callaway RAZR Fit 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S
5-wood: Callaway RAZR Fit 18* w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S
Irons: 4-PW Mizuno MP-64 w/ Project X 5.5
Wedges: Mizuno MP T-11 52*, 56*, 60* w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
Putter: Byron Design 007 w/ Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0
Balls: Taylormade Penta TP5 or Tour Preferred X

Played a new track on Long Island this morning and shot 74 with hitting 17 of 18 greens. Putted like an absolute dog so I guess that means off to Golfsmith to putter shop :)

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Switched putters for todays round and rolled it a lot better. Played 11 holes at Great Rock on the north shore of Long Island and after almost 4.5 hours to play 11 holes I walked off at -2. The starter kept squeezing in groups in between times and the group in front of us playing extremely slow I could not take it anymore. First and last time I will ever play the course which is a shame because it is not a bad track.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

• 2 weeks later...

Played a practice round with a couple if friends today. One as hitting my driver pretty well. Best part of the day was making my 2nd birdie ever!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Just got back from a week in Orlando with the family. Played Oak Trail at Disney with my 7 year old on Wednesday and was in at 33 (-3) on a relatively short and benign 9 hole course. Played Magnolia on Friday and started on the back and posted a respectable +1 for the back nine and then on the front something clicked and shot -5 for my second nine ending at -4 for the day and a solid 68. Must have been the putter I bought in the pro shop before my round that made the difference.

WITB 2024

Had our club championship this weekend. Weather was interesting as it was 95 degrees with 105 heat index and 20mph winds. Shot 86 Sat which was only 2 shots off the lead in my flight (3rd flight) and followed up with a 78 today to win my flight by 5 strokes!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Had our club championship this weekend. Weather was interesting as it was 95 degrees with 105 heat index and 20mph winds. Shot 86 Sat which was only 2 shots off the lead in my flight (3rd flight) and followed up with a 78 today to win my flight by 5 strokes!

Congrats!

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Nice hckmeyer.

All of the tournament stuff down here starts in October so it's wierd for me to think that for many the season is drawing to a climax.

I hadn't played in two weeks - back and time issues - but got out yesterday and just nutted the ball all day. I left a few strokes around the greens but 76 is not too bad for that type of layoff.

Weather permitting I'll play again tomorrow and should be able to get on a twice a week rotation again until Thanksgiving - I'm very happy with my swing right now.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I hate to double up here but something clicked today. Only a 75 but that was on greens that were just aerated - why - I don't have an fn clue - that normally happens in late September here but they were.

I was nutting it on Sunday but today I was seeing it and nutting it as the round progressed - that's a really good sign.

I could visualize everything that was going on out there.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I usually am good about visualizing going ob from the tee. Other than that, its pretty much a surprise when I string together enough decent shots to make for a decdnt score. Lol seriously though, good for you, Kevin. Glad to hear you got your mojo.

I am happy to report that I shot my best score ever at our local country club. It was an 84, which is a full twelve strokes better than my previous best when I played it last year. It has been a tough but fun summer as I am trying to learn a new swing. Early returns are pretty good. But I still have a long ways to go.

Played well today, 76.

Hitting everything pretty well. Just not dropping any putts over 10 feet....

getting close, but still not in the pocket.

74 today on my home course. Best round of my life anywhere by 2 strokes and I had a bogey on 18. I think I fixed a little chicken wing problem on the range that was leading to some loose swings and penalty shots. Hope I can keep this up.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Played again today at a different course in town. Played from the tips which is about 300 yards farther than normal for me. Started out very good, shot even on front. Faded a little on the back with a 44 but I was still happy overall. Heat index was around 110 and it was humid!!

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Nice going Matt!

It looks like you've jettisoned all of your MGS equipment?

I'm still using the driver/3 wood - I had my Mizuno irons that were the trade down ones - in the bag because Georgia is much drier than here (though still pretty wet and even more humid and hotter if possible.) I also have my SCOR wedges in the bag - those have found a home there permanently.

On to the reason for my post. I played with my son at Trident Lakes - the course on his base in Kings bay Georgia. (Just north of Jacksonville.) It's a nice Arthur Hills design that was in wonderful shape - Not long - around 6,500 - but it played long and its course rating is 71.8 and slope 130 which is about perfect for my ability - I always figure if I can shoot 75 with those numbers I've played well.

I did it and then some - I shot 72

But here's the amazing thing - I made 18 straight pars!!!!!!

I have never done that before that I can remember - What is more I didn't warm up other than to stretch really well and hit a few putts - It took about 4 holes to get in gear and I got up and down on those first 3 holes by making two nice putts (8-10 footers). After that it was very routine - I hit 8 greens but that was deceptive - after number 3 I was able to putt every time even when I missed a green - it was in the fringe and never far enough away from the hole to be overly worried about a 3 putt.

My kid was all over the place - he works ungodly hours, has two young kids, is out to sea half the year and hardly ever plays - still he had a great string in the middle of the round where he made had a birdie in the middle of 6 straight pars. There was one par 5 where he was exactly 81 yards past me - It was into the wind - my drive went 227 his 308 - I hit 6 iron to 90 yards and pitched on - he hit 8 iron into the pond in front of the green, dropped, knocked another one in and made 8 - he should have hit 7 iron instead of 8 - I actually told him to hit 6, take it to the back of the green and make his birdie by 2 putting - but no........... :)

I was very please with that round - very, very pleased. I'm playing again tomorrow. Can't wait - then it's back to work.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I made a small, but apparently crucial swing change in my living room last night in my backswing rotation and it translated to my best round of the year this evening. I took a few holes to adjust to it, but shot 43-38 for an 81 with the last three holes past sunset. What's even more is that I rattled off 7 straight pars to end the night. I've never had that kind of a roll going. I am finally back to smoking the driver pretty well, so I'm finding myself hitting waaay more greens in regulation. Hopefully I can keep this rolling!

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

I made a small, but apparently crucial swing change in my living room last night in my backswing rotation and it translated to my best round of the year this evening. I took a few holes to adjust to it, but shot 43-38 for an 81 with the last three holes past sunset. What's even more is that I rattled off 7 straight pars to end the night. I've never had that kind of a roll going. I am finally back to smoking the driver pretty well, so I'm finding myself hitting waaay more greens in regulation. Hopefully I can keep this rolling!

Good job! Keep it up!

After 4 really rough holes, I was only +3 through the final 14. THAT is promising.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Nice going Matt!

It looks like you've jettisoned all of your MGS equipment?

I'm still using the driver/3 wood - I had my Mizuno irons that were the trade down ones - in the bag because Georgia is much drier than here (though still pretty wet and even more humid and hotter if possible.) I also have my SCOR wedges in the bag - those have found a home there permanently.

On to the reason for my post. I played with my son at Trident Lakes - the course on his base in Kings bay Georgia. (Just north of Jacksonville.) It's a nice Arthur Hills design that was in wonderful shape - Not long - around 6,500 - but it played long and its course rating is 71.8 and slope 130 which is about perfect for my ability - I always figure if I can shoot 75 with those numbers I've played well.

I did it and then some - I shot 72

But here's the amazing thing - I made 18 straight pars!!!!!!

I have never done that before that I can remember - What is more I didn't warm up other than to stretch really well and hit a few putts - It took about 4 holes to get in gear and I got up and down on those first 3 holes by making two nice putts (8-10 footers). After that it was very routine - I hit 8 greens but that was deceptive - after number 3 I was able to putt every time even when I missed a green - it was in the fringe and never far enough away from the hole to be overly worried about a 3 putt.

My kid was all over the place - he works ungodly hours, has two young kids, is out to sea half the year and hardly ever plays - still he had a great string in the middle of the round where he made had a birdie in the middle of 6 straight pars. There was one par 5 where he was exactly 81 yards past me - It was into the wind - my drive went 227 his 308 - I hit 6 iron to 90 yards and pitched on - he hit 8 iron into the pond in front of the green, dropped, knocked another one in and made 8 - he should have hit 7 iron instead of 8 - I actually told him to hit 6, take it to the back of the green and make his birdie by 2 putting - but no........... :)

I was very please with that round - very, very pleased. I'm playing again tomorrow. Can't wait - then it's back to work.

Rev, I still have the putter and the adams hybrids. I don't believe the fitter put me in the right clubs for the mizuno's. I listened to him anyway when my mind was telling me otherwise and they didn't work out. I love these CMB's. The Scor's I had trouble hitting and ended up selling. I wasn't playing well at the time though and may have not given them enough of a chance. I did not wanna submit a chance to review them though last week because I already had my opportunity and didn't utilize it.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Tee to green was good, putting wasn't.

+4 thru 15

+3 for the last three holes. 3 putted them all....

But only second time on the course and the greens are not flat, anywhere...

I was fortunate enough to get an invite yesterday to play Trump National in Westchester, NY yesterday and was in awe for most of my round for two reasons. First reason was the overall views and condition of the course which were both fantastic. Second reason was the difficulty in the course from the back tees; very demanding on every shot and extremely penal if you did not hit your spot off the tee. I had to grind all day and shot a very solid 81 from the tips and just to show the difficulty the differential for my index was 2.7 with that score. Really nice day on the course and I can honestly say that I hit some shots that I hope I never have to try to hit again this year.

WITB 2024

I am not sure what my total score was today, I did not keep the score, someone else did, and since it was best 3 balls on a 4 man team it was match play anyway. If I count a double on the third hole than I was shot about a 76. The third hole had to be the strangest set of circumstances ever.

I had had two 2 putt pars on the first two holes. I short sided myself in a deep grass bunker on the par 5 third hole. Hitting 4, I opened up the 60 and took a big swing and blasted the ball out of the deep grass, and double hit the ball (5th stroke) and then knocked the ball into my right shoulder (two stroke penalty for my 6th and 7th stroke) and it bounce off my shoulder and hit a large boulder and bounced out of bounds, so I dropped 8 and hit 9. I went way past the hole and two putted for a 12. We were laughing pretty hard at this point, and my partners had a birdie and two pars so my score did not count. I really have no idea what he wrote down on the card.

I guess in a circumstance like that you count all of the penalties and add it up. A 12 certainly will make the scorecard look strange. I never had one swing equal 5 strokes before. So perhaps, I shot an 81 instead.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I am not sure what my total score was today, I did not keep the score, someone else did, and since it was best 3 balls on a 4 man team it was match play anyway. If I count a double on the third hole than I was shot about a 76. The third hole had to be the strangest set of circumstances ever.

I had had two 2 putt pars on the first two holes. I short sided myself in a deep grass bunker on the par 5 third hole. Hitting 4, I opened up the 60 and took a big swing and blasted the ball out of the deep grass, and double hit the ball (5th stroke) and then knocked the ball into my right shoulder (two stroke penalty for my 6th and 7th stroke) and it bounce off my shoulder and hit a large boulder and bounced out of bounds, so I dropped 8 and hit 9. I went way past the hole and two putted for a 12. We were laughing pretty hard at this point, and my partners had a birdie and two pars so my score did not count. I really have no idea what he wrote down on the card.

I guess in a circumstance like that you count all of the penalties and add it up. A 12 certainly will make the scorecard look strange. I never had one swing equal 5 strokes before. So perhaps, I shot an 81 instead.

Wow Rick, I woulda like to have seen that. Most penal single golf shot in history. Lol

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Wow Rick, I woulda like to have seen that. Most penal single golf shot in history. Lol

I did not really even count the strokes at the time because like I said it was 3 balls and I was out of the hole. If I had not been able to see that the team ahead of us was not on the green of the next hole I would have picked up so as not to slow down the pace of play but since we were waiting anyway I dropped and finished the hole. And we laughed.

I did not dwell on that hole and did not even think about it again until after the round and then started counting all the strokes.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Well, played this morning and found something. First, I woke up late. I clicked off the alarm and said 5 more minutes. Turned into an hour. For there with 10 minutes to spare. Putted for 7 and got loose the last 3. Striped the opening tee ball. Thought it was gonna be a decent day. The score was an 80. Granted I've been scoring a little better but wasn't happy with it because of how I was scoring (lots of chips and long putts). I found I was lining up 25-30 yards right all the time (a habit I get in to time to time when I don't get to practice a lot). Granted I was hitting the ball where I wanted to, but it was really a pull with an ugly miss. I never feel right either and figured that out too. I'd allowed myself to creep farther from the ball than I should, causing an ugly swing path. I got closer to it and it took me a few swings to get used to it. But with the alignment fixed and distance from the ball fixed, I was flushing shots like I hadn't in a while. And when I say flushing them, they were right where I was aiming and exactly like I wanted them too. Not to mention I was getting MUCH better compression. When I say much better, I mean my normal playing partner said he hadn't seen me hit the ball as solid as I was today in years. I also gained some distance and still let the issues creep in occasionally causing dropped shots. But I'm happy with figuring that out, not just gotta get some swings in with those flaws fixed. It adds distance for me too because of how flush I'm hitting it. I hit a 122 yard shot on #5 (a par 5) to 3 inches with a sand wedge (and I intentionally hit it past the hole and spun it back in to the pin position). That's how flush I was hitting it today. It felt good to recover after a terrible topped drive that went left on the dogleg right that I laid up to what I wanted to be 115. Distance was good and it was dead on line. I also let another issue creep in with the driver (aside from standing too far from the ball). I had to consciously make an effort to make sure I had my spine tilt right at address (for me when I get to parallel with the shoulders, it flattens my swing and shallows my swing arc causing my miss to be a topped shot). Again, something I just have to work on.

I did hit the pin with 3 chips/pitches today and stuffed several to inside a foot. It's a work in progress but at least I figured out part of my big issues (and bad habits) that I can work on. I can say I was hitting clubs where I would use a club longer in the last today and they were controlled.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn and possibly blast; shot 76 today - but finished bogey, double, double. Really frustrating, but no doubt I sniffed a really low score and stiffened up. Real shame as this would have got me down to 8.0 if I'd finished with 3 bogeys! As is I'll probably be down to 8.6....

Ah well, probably cost me a few pounds in winnings as well.

Still, very pleased with ball striking for 15 holes. Particularly enjoyed hitting 13 of the first 15 greens in reg.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Man I wish I could play with Westy sometime!  I'd love to loose some pounds on the course or somewhere, somehow at least.  Oh wait you weren't talking about those kinds of pounds. :)

At any rate I'd still love to play with you sometime.

Love checking this thread once a week or so to see how everyone is playing.

I'll continue you the theme shot 33-39 72 this week - Got it to 4 under after 10 and then again after 14 and went bogey, double, par, bogey - the par was on a par 5 that I was thinking birdie on but I just wilted down the stretch - my back went on me and no ibprofen was going to change it.

Bottom line though I'm sticking my approaches and really starting to roll my rock again - moved the ball position a little up in my stance with the putter and I'm making everything.

Wierd game

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Yep it did cost me a few £ - finished second by a shot! But my major annoyance is that i didn't get down to 8.....2 months of the year let to achieve my main goal for the season.

Always frustrating when it happens, but it's helped me think about my club selection on 17 and 18 if I've got a decent round going in the future.

I also came as close to a hole in one as I have since my only one so far, 4 hybrid into our 220 yard par 3 lipped out and finished 2 feet away. Only the second time in 7 years as a member of the course I've birdied the hole!

Yep love to have a game Rev, geography not our friend.....but never say never. Any MGS folk get over to the UK and decide to head to Celtic Manor then drop me a line - only 30 miles from my front door.....

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.