Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

3 hours ago, Paul Hedrick said:

Yesterday I bought a box of Prov1x balls.  Can't wait to loose a few next Monday!  LOLOLOL

Hopefully they lead to a Scottie like Sunday round in Paris… the Pro V1 is the Scheff’s ball of choice for the Gold Medal winner!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

3 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

So yeah this is the most I've ever spent on a single pair of shoes .. ever, of any kind (outside of ski boots) .. and this is an older model on sale...

20240806_195025.jpg.755a86a7a839064da347f0c2eec1946f.jpg

(..got a dark color thinking it'd diminish the look of the square toe but nah not really)

Confession: I'd really thought these were just a TV ad gimmick.

But after reading this post from @BobW Founder of Sqairz...

"Toe Splay and Footwear Science"

.. and scanning quickly through the Forum reviews, I decided to give them a try. Delivery was really quick, plus there's a 30 day return policy!

My feet are wider in the front, and I have tried many different golf shoes but after a round my toes are often hurting.

Note: after checking their sizing guide and measuring my feet I ordered ½ size *smaller* vs usual. First try on and they seem to fit very nicely.

So let's see if these really can help....

I love the SQAIRZ shoes. I think I now own 7 pairs. I never slip in them and can feel the difference in stability and balance. My feet are very active during my swing and I go after it. So, these shoes match my swing perfectly!

Play like a champion today!

11 hours ago, Paul Hedrick said:

Yesterday I bought a box of Prov1x balls.  Can't wait to loose a few next Monday!  LOLOLOL

let me know what course you are playing on so i can get a tee time behind you in order to find what you lose.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

I really wanted a Paradym but went with the PXG BlackOps driver as it was within my budget.  Have you had a chance to hit it yet?

Edited by bennysupreme

WITB:Driver: PXG BlackOps 9* w/Project X HZRDUS Black GEN4 60 6.5, swing weight D8 Backup Driver: Adams Super Speedline 9.5* w/Graphite Design DI6x

3 wood: Adams Super Speedline 15* w/Graphite Design DI7x

Hybrid: Adams Super Speedline 19* w/Graphite Design DI85x

Irons: PXG-0317T Pw - 7iron, Loft: 2Strong, Lie: 2Up, Step: Std, Weight Adjustment: +2, shafts: KBS S-Taper Lite 115 S 

PXG-Gen6-0311P 6 -5 iron Loft: STD, Lie: 2Up, Step: Std, Weight Adjustment: +2, shafts: KBS S-Taper Lite 115 S 

Wedges: Titleist SM6 54-58 / Ping Glide 2.0 50*

Putter: Lamont ManKraft 363 gram face ballanced answer style putter and 36" w/3.0 flatso grip.

52 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

Birthday gift to myself: Callaway Paradym X Driver and Paradym X Hybrid. Gonna work on finding the wedges to finish my gapping and I should be good for a little while.

I really wanted a Paradym but went with the PXG BlackOps driver as it was within my budget. Have you had a chance to hit it yet?

WITB:Driver: PXG BlackOps 9* w/Project X HZRDUS Black GEN4 60 6.5, swing weight D8 Backup Driver: Adams Super Speedline 9.5* w/Graphite Design DI6x

3 wood: Adams Super Speedline 15* w/Graphite Design DI7x

Hybrid: Adams Super Speedline 19* w/Graphite Design DI85x

Irons: PXG-0317T Pw - 7iron, Loft: 2Strong, Lie: 2Up, Step: Std, Weight Adjustment: +2, shafts: KBS S-Taper Lite 115 S 

PXG-Gen6-0311P 6 -5 iron Loft: STD, Lie: 2Up, Step: Std, Weight Adjustment: +2, shafts: KBS S-Taper Lite 115 S 

Wedges: Titleist SM6 54-58 / Ping Glide 2.0 50*

Putter: Lamont ManKraft 363 gram face ballanced answer style putter and 36" w/3.0 flatso grip.

@cburins nice looking markers 👍 Turn it into a side hustle and put them online!

7 hours ago, bama no 1 said:

let me know what course you are playing on so i can get a tee time behind you in order to find what you lose.

haha yeah the line about... "I've never bought a Pro V1 but I have played a bunch of 'em!" 😂

4 hours ago, Patrick Dawes said:

Just bought a set of t350 irons and was one three putt away from breaking 100 so to fix that problem I just pulled the trigger on a new lab df3 should be in a couple days

Do you work in tech .. there's a funny saying there, too, when something goes wrong - "just throw more money at the problem" 😂

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

13 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Do you work in tech .. there's a funny saying there, too, when something goes wrong - "just throw more money at the problem" 😂

No higher education same philosophy we just use federal grant money (not really I promise I work for a community college so we are actually on the bargain end of the spectrum)  I actually got the T350 as an even trade as I traded in my Big Bertha Irons I had gotten from the wife for our wedding Anniversary last year (my first set of Callaway irons was my engagement present so it had a nice cyclical nature to it) between the trade-in on those and a trade-in of a June Major staff bag I won in a fathers day giveaway got me the t350's cheap so this one was mostly right place right time.  I did pick up about 10 yards a club with the 350's though 

Patrick Dawes

On 7/24/2024 at 2:05 PM, Grip said:

I wanted to try a driving iron, so I purchased an inexpensive assembled one online from GolfEtail. Dynacraft #3 (21*) with an Apollo uniflex steel shaft. She's heading to the range tomorrow. Undoubtedly the grip will be swapped out soon. When I stated inexpensive it was $42.98 including tax and shipping.

20240724_132619.jpg.054673420c385f2e583a5c3ab4007291.jpg

20240724_132358.jpg.4bfdbbb607b950a7d58b34be8ea04bbb.jpg

20240724_132544.jpg.8ff50fa2c6b86a9f63ce2a78d1e7442f.jpg

Range update; well, as Lee Trevino once said "Not even God can hit a one iron" I'm consistently inconsistent with my new driving iron. I believe we just need some more one on one time together along with a new grip. 🤞

Update: The driving iron received a new grip, but unfortunately it's raining today along with scattered thunderstorms.

20240801_075202.jpg.7825ba32426601231cf2bda6eda1a95e.jpg

Update: The grip change made all the difference! I was hitting the ball straight, or fading it and even drawing it when I chose to do so all pushing @200 yards carry. 🏑😁

Greg O'Connor

35 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

@cburins nice looking markers 👍 Turn it into a side hustle and put them online!

haha yeah the line about... "I've never bought a Pro V1 but I have played a bunch of 'em!" 😂

That's what I was thinking! Just don't know how much to price and where to sell. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 - TENSEI AV Series White 65 Stiff

3wood: Taylormade Stealth - Ventus Blue Stiff 

Driving Iron: Ping Crossover 3iron - Ping Stiff 

Irons: 4-PW Titleist AP2 - Dynamic Gold S300 

Wedges: 52 Vokey SM6 (F Grind), 56 Vokey SM8 (D Grind), 60 Vokey SM9 (M Grind)

Putter: LAB MEZZ.1 MAX

Ball: Titleist TruFeel 

GPS: Garmin S70/CT10 Sensors (Current MGS Tester) 

Recently bought the PuttOut Air Break putting mat.   I think it is pretty cool as you can create pretty much any breaking putt from 8 feet and in that you can imagine.  

Taylor Made M5 9 loft

Callaway X-Hot 3 Wood 14.5 loft

Callaway Super Hybrid (3) 18 loft

Callaway Apex 21 4 hybrid 21 loft

Callaway Super Hybrid (5) 24 loft

Titleist T100  5-PW

Vokey SM6 52, 58

Scotty Cameron California Coronado

First I picked up the Shotscope 5V

image.png.601f79d1c0045a8de97c93373ed38244.png

And after 5 rounds I actually managed to push the "I am finished with this hole" button 17 of 18 holes. 

Then last Saturday this jewel showed up! It is an L.A.B DF3 with and Armlock shaft. I did the fitting online and it is the only putter I have ever picked up and within 30 seconds said "Yeah, this one fits." Surprisingly the head is lighter than the Odyssey 2 Ball Ten armlock putter it is replacing so it has taken a bit to get my distances right. Accurate? Holy cow ,it is point-and-shoot. 

20240805_085527.jpg

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

23 hours ago, bennysupreme said:

I really wanted a Paradym but went with the PXG BlackOps driver as it was within my budget. Have you had a chance to hit it yet?

Nope, havent hit it yet. Went with a Callaway Preowned. Hard to beat those prices... unless I went with a Gen 5 PXG. That may be an option if I dont immediately love the Paradym.

golf is fun

I wanna know every one’s opinions for best driver of 24. I know that the gt has just released and I’m gonna find a way to try it soon, but the only other new one I have tried was the ping g430 and the dark speed ls. I hit the ping 300 carry and 330 total which is a pr for me. I’d love to see what some one had to say about the Wilson carbon also. 

48 minutes ago, Ghaige horne said:

I wanna know every one’s opinions for best driver of 24. I know that the gt has just released and I’m gonna find a way to try it soon, but the only other new one I have tried was the ping g430 and the dark speed ls. I hit the ping 300 carry and 330 total which is a pr for me. I’d love to see what some one had to say about the Wilson carbon also. 

The best driver is the one that keeps the ball on the fairway...... 🫣

Driver: TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Epic Sub-Zero / Callaway Epic Flash 

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 19º (2014) 

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey Ai-ONE 2-Ball® / Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

4 hours ago, Ghaige horne said:

You're out-driving the PGA Tour average. Seems like you found the "best driver" for you.

golf is fun