What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

41 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Today was the day... my PXG 0211 iron set arrived!!!!

Wow! The guys who talked about the packaging these come in weren't kidding around. Mine arrived in a box within a box, LOL. The outer one was the size a golf bag would come in, and inside was the over the top PXG one. Comes with a handle, and when you open it, each club is encased separately in foam, then protected by foam layers.

Now for the clubs themselves.... I ordered 5-GW with the regular flex MMT 70 gram shafts, and had the lofts adjusted to match the power specs in PING G410 irons. My reasoning for this being I wanted a more precise iron than my Rogue X, but didn't want to give up too much distance to get it. I also liked the idea of lessening the bounce to suit local course conditions. We'll see if I did the right thing, but in theory I think I used sound judgement here.

These things are stunning, even prettier than in the pictures online. They are the best looking set I've owned since my all-time favorite, which was a set of Mizuno MX-20's that I owned years ago. At set up, the 7-GW look perfect, exactly what I like when looking down on a club. Thin top line, slightly longer than normal from heel to toe. As others have said, very i500-ish. One issue at first glance are the 5 & 6 at setup. The topline is great, and I knew there would be a bit of junk in the trunk with these, as the 0211's are a progressive set, but... What jumps out (pun intended) is how different that "junk" appears in these two clubs. It is really pronounced at the heel with these, with a very squared off look. I can't think of another iron like it. If I had my wish, this would've been rounded off quite a bit, but I'm willing to give the PXG engineers the benefit of the doubt here, as I'm sure they did this for a reason. It's a very strange look though, and we'll have to see how it goes. I'll get used to it if the performance is there.

The combination of these heads, shaft and the stock PXG grip is stunning visually. I've read about a lot of people hating the grips, but they feel fine to me. The shafts are beautiful, I love the matte black finish, and they give the club a very light, easy to swing feel. These clubs actually feel lighter than the Rogue X set I'm coming out of, which is something I wasn't expecting. That's all good though, as I've really grown to like a light feel in my irons as I've gotten older. 

Unfortunately it's raining here today, and I can't take these to the range, but tomorrow is another day. This is a bad time to break in a new set though. Aside from the fact I've been off with my old irons lately, I have the biggest of our club's tournaments being played on each of the next 3 Tuesdays. The smart move would be to stick with the Rogue X, MD4, and Odyssey setup I've been playing, but looking at a bag of brand new 0211's, not to mention still wrapped up Glide 3.0 wedges and Evnroll ER5 putter will make that a very hard decision!

Nice initial write up of these. These are as set I looked hard at early in the year.  Keep us posted on how you do with them. 

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honmas arrived. More pics in my fitting thread

To follow up on one of my teases from the other day. PXG Proto X 9 degree Evenflow Blue 5.5  

Posted Images

The rational side got to me, I ended up canceling the Pars and Stripes order. Although it was a good deal, it was still $400 with tax. The rational side of me says I should at least try something out if it is $400. 

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

32 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Nice initial write up of these. These are as set I looked hard at early in the year.  Keep us posted on how you do with them. 

Thanks, I certainly will.

I've never thrown my hat in the ring to test a product here, only because I knew there was only one that I'd ever want to do a review on, and that was the driver that PING replaces the G400 Max with. It looks like the 425 series will have that club (see what I did there???) 🤪 

Before I can do that though, I not only have to work on how to do a club review, but I seriously need to upgrade my computer game, and at least learn how to download pictures!!! 

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 4

Driver     :ping-small: G400 Max 9* Alta 

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage

Hybrids  :titelist-small:  TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage R

Irons       PXG    2021 0211 5-GW MMT70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

:yes-small: Tracy 33.5" 

1 minute ago, Grand Stranded said:

Thanks, I certainly will.

I've never thrown my hat in the ring to test a product here, only because I knew there was only one that I'd ever want to do a review on, and that was the driver that PING replaces the G400 Max with, lol. It looks like the 425 series will have that club (see what I did there???) 🤪 

Before I can do that though, I not only have to work on how to do a club review, but I seriously need to upgrade my computer game, and at least learn how to download pictures!!! 

Great thing about winter, it's not only a good time to work on your fitness and short game, but also computer skills 🙂 

• Haha 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

The rational side got to me, I ended up canceling the Pars and Stripes order. Although it was a good deal, it was still $400 with tax. The rational side of me says I should at least try something out if it is $400. 

Apparently I wasn't born with that "rational" gene...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

While we're down here in Florida looking for a winter place, our car automatically steered into the PGASS in Sarasota. My wife went direct to the 65% off rack and picked up a couple of items. I got one of these Aussie Chiller bucket hats.

IMG_5788.thumb.JPG.fc8b5212e75975ca4d869fc61709cd71.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

EDIT: Oh wait I forgot to mention another golf (I guess you can call it that) purchase. We bought a home on a course in Florida. Doing the home inspection on Thursday and then close in about 2 weeks. We're located at Kings Point just off of 75 on the south side of Tampa Bay

So you're in for a March game then? 😀

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: TBA
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So you're in for a March game then? 

Absolutely, but only if you let me wear my Aussie Chiller hat

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Just bought a PXG 0311x Gen 2 2I Driving iron. Maybe a fairway finder, maybe for sale in a few months, only time will tell.

• Like 5

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS7 at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Absolutely, but only if you let me wear my Aussie Chiller hat emoji23.png

You can wear a propeller cap if you like!

• Like 2

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 minutes ago, MattF said:

You can wear a propeller cap if you like!

... Just curious if there is a line you would not like to see crossed? 🤪

30DA5D25-94E4-44DB-8577-DB25368AD378.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... Just curious if there is a line you would not like to see crossed? 🤪

30DA5D25-94E4-44DB-8577-DB25368AD378.jpeg

This MAY be it...

• Like 1

In the bag:
Bag: 

While we're down here in Florida looking for a winter place, our car automatically steered into the PGASS in Sarasota. My wife went direct to the 65% off rack and picked up a couple of items. I got one of these Aussie Chiller bucket hats.

IMG_5788.thumb.JPG.fc8b5212e75975ca4d869fc61709cd71.JPG

EDIT: Oh wait I forgot to mention another golf (I guess you can call it that) purchase. We bought a home on a course in Florida. Doing the home inspection on Thursday and then close in about 2 weeks. We're located at Kings Point just off of 75 on the south side of Tampa Bay

Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I don't want to turn this page into a PXG 0211 iron review, but I'd like to just post my impressions after one day with the clubs. Early days, I know, but here we go.

First thing I'd like to do is thank @cnosil for setting my mind at ease about the MMT shafts. He was right, I think I'm going to be really happy with them. Second, to all of you who talked me off the ledge when I was thinking of canceling my order after a few bad rounds of golf recently, I thank you also. It's nice to be part of a community like this... 

So I posted about the clubs coming yesterday, I talked a lot about them, but it was raining, and I couldn't get to hit them. Well I brought them to the range today, and I couldn't have been happier. I love the look at setup, even the 5&6 looked fine behind a ball despite my "junk in the trunk" issue yesterday. From the first swing, I was centering them as well as anything I've ever hit. I think I did the right thing strengthening the lofts, as my ball flight was still plenty high, and the turf interaction was so much better than with my Rogue X. It seems like the lowered bounce really matters for me down here where I play.

As far as distances, they seemed fine but the range at my club makes it very hard to tell, as we hit into a prevailing headwind that comes off the ocean. That said, I was peppering the 125 flag with my 9 iron, so all seemed good there.

Here's how happy I was... after hitting a large bucket, I came home and showered. I couldn't stop thinking about these clubs though, so about 3pm I went back to the clubhouse and went out for a late solo round, something I never, ever do.

I didn't keep score, and hit a lot of extra balls into greens. I've got to say, I love these clubs. They seem to fit me perfectly. I hit more good shots today with these than I have in the last month, LOL. I hope it's not just new club magic, because I love everything about these, the feel, the performance, and yes, the way they look in the bag. I've really enjoyed the Rogue X, and I'll never sell them, but I really wanted to have one more fling with a little more of a players club, especially one that looks as nice as this one. I know that it sounds shallow, maybe even vain, and I hate admitting it, but I just feel better about myself with that type of club in my bag.

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 8

On 9/25/2020 at 1:35 AM, rbsiedsc said:

Got my new PXG 0211s ready for pickup tomorrow. Will post pictures and try for my first unofficial review.

Good luck with them!! I'm really happy with mine .. hope yours work well for you, too 👍

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

On 9/30/2020 at 8:30 PM, Grand Stranded said:

Well I brought them (new 0211s) to the range today, and I couldn't have been happier.

Nice!!! And another... good luck with them and I hope the honeymoon phase lasts a looooong long time with them 👍

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

On 9/28/2020 at 7:13 PM, edingc said:

Kirkland Signature 4-pack of gloves. 

I was going to place an order for my normal MG Dynagrips, but they were backordered. Price-wise the KSigs are slightly cheaper per glove. The four new gloves plus one new MG that I still have will last me through next season, hopefully.

Got these in on Wednesday. Interesting that they were shipped completely loose inside of the UPS package. Anyhow, they feel pretty nice! Definitely a nice thin leather, and they are all leather construction unlike the Dynagrip Elites that have some spandex-type material in the finger webbing. I'll probably try one over the winter for practice, at the least I'm only out $26 delivered if I don't like them or they don't last long.

My wife side-eyed them a little bit when I showed her they were Costco brand, though. 🤷‍♂️

Also, I think I need to move to a warmer weather state where I can play year round. I only was able to get to the range once this week due to the weather, and I'm already scratching the itch with expensive toys. Yesterday, I bought the EXPUTT simulator after deciding I'd rather have that than a 4'x12' mat. And earlier this week I bought a well-used Never Compromise GM2 35" blade putter because I needed something longer to remotely fit with L.A.B. No one that I have easy access to locally has a 35" putter that I could borrow for a few days on short notice, so now I guess I have a backup putter? Spent $40 just so I could spend another $600+ on the dang L.A.B. 

• Like 5

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Aldila Rogue White 60 (130 MSI) X-Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, -1/4", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Sold my Evnroll ER10 on the bay and took the proceeds and bought a new factory second LAB Directed Force putter on the bay (with the right specs).

• Like 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

Titleist TS3 19 and 21 hybrids with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff 85g shafts have been ordered!  I'll post pics when they arrive; I'm told the custom builds are taking a while.  (Evenflow White is a stock option, Blue is a no-charge upgrade but is considered custom.)

• Like 5

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver