Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

College Football

fozcycle

42 minutes ago, ole gray said:

I've taken leave from golf chatting because this thread generally gets my panties in a wad.... 🤨  I get agitated and have to work hard to not run off at the mouth.  I choose to stay away for the most part until after football season....  I learned my lesson about taking the game so seriously when I was ugly to a good friend  (Auburn fan) last year and I had to make amends to him for being a jerk.   He forgave me and I'm staying away from anywhere that talks college football.  You all have fun. 

Is there a way to block a thread?  So you can still visit all the goodness of the rest of the site without being tempted by the devil that is the College Football thread...ha   But since I don't really have team I live and die with, I don't get too worked up.  Except for the incompetence of Board of Regents...ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

35 minutes ago, bergtaur said:

I agree in Ken and it makes sense, there is one question though they may stop him and that's how patient with him the school will be. It takes time and the right players to develop a triple option offense.

The good news is since there aren't many people looking at those type of players and Maryland would be the biggest school looking for them, Ken should have his pick, but it isn't going to be easy and who knows if it works against the athletes of the Big Ten 

Yeah, good point on the offense, i was speaking more from a character standpoint.  

As to the patience part, I don't think we are done seeing the changes in the athletic department there, at least I hope not.  So hopefully if they have to "tear it down" then any new coach that comes in, the administration will understand that rebuilding isn't done in a year.   This isn't Kentucky basketball, they're talking about..ha 

A theory I first heard a couple months ago when this all started was that they would possibly bring Gary Williams in as an Interim AD to oversell the rebuilding of the athletic department, he is still on staff for the university in a more alumni relations and development role.   But I dont' think you'd find too much better person from a character standpoint, to help get things back on track. 

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

Is there a way to block a thread?  So you can still visit all the goodness of the rest of the site without being tempted by the devil that is the College Football thread...ha   But since I don't really have team I live and die with, I don't get too worked up.  Except for the incompetence of Board of Regents...ha

Yea I'm like a  chunkie kid in a candy store when it comes to college football.  If I'm anywhere near it, the addiction is overbearing!  I'm checking in on my reviews to make sure questions are answered etc.  Not totally laying off. 😉

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

5 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Yea I'm like a  chunkie kid in a candy store when it comes to college football.  If I'm anywhere near it, the addiction is overbearing!  I'm checking in on my reviews to make sure questions are answered etc.  Not totally laying off. 😉

That's good, because MGS Without Ole Gray is like, biscuits without gravy! 

17 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Yea, seems like this thread has taken a detour.  Perhaps a separate thread about all the University of Maryland would be better?  Not a news junkie by choice, I just had to look up what the fuss is all about.  It sounds like what was uncovered as part of the investigation into the players death and how the staff reacted to that specific incident is the bigger, more unfortunate, story line. Look for increased restrictions on weather based conditions dictating when practices may be conducted.  For SEC teams, this could be a big disadvantage.

The commission's report on McNair's death, released in late September, found that athletic trainers did not follow protocol for treating heatstroke and waited to call an ambulance.

The commission's separate investigation into the culture of Maryland football, released just last week, found there was "insufficient level of in-person oversight of the football program," including by Evans, and a failure to supervise Court by Durkin. The report alleges Court once choked an injured player, forced a player to eat until he vomited and verbally abused players with a variety of slurs. However, the report said there was not a "toxic culture" within the football program.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

9 hours ago, ole gray said:

I've taken leave from golf chatting because this thread generally gets my panties in a wad.... 🤨  I get agitated and have to work hard to not run off at the mouth.  I choose to stay away for the most part until after football season....  I learned my lesson about taking the game so seriously when I was ugly to a good friend  (Auburn fan) last year and I had to make amends to him for being a jerk.   He forgave me and I'm staying away from anywhere that talks college football.  You all have fun. 

I understand.... I used to be that way about the Raiders. I've since got a handle on it, and I honestly don't give two s**** if they win or lose anymore. It's just a game and if they win or lose it doesn't change a damn thing about my life or day to day routine. I'll always love my Raiders, but that's as far as goes anymore.

I understand.... I used to be that way about the Raiders. I've since got a handle on it, and I honestly don't give two s**** if they win or lose anymore. It's just a game and if they win or lose it doesn't change a damn thing about my life or day to day routine. I'll always love my Raiders, but that's as far as goes anymore.

As a fan I’ve been living with heart ache since 2005. Then it was topped off with some iffy calls to decide a season... After JT was short I really don’t care anymore. Made me realize no matter what I do, how hard I root for a team, how much Maize and Blue I wear, Hail to the Victors on repeat... I have no control on the outcome of the game.

The last 13 years as a Michigan fan has made me realize to just support the team and roll with the punches.

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

As a fan I’ve been living with heart ache since 2005. Then it was topped off with some iffy calls to decide a season... After JT was short emoji6.png I really don’t care anymore. Made me realize no matter what I do, how hard I root for a team, how much Maize and Blue I wear, Hail to the Victors on repeat... I have no control on the outcome of the game.

The last 13 years as a Michigan fan has made me realize to just support the team and roll with the punches.

You'd make a great Notre Dame fan 😉.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:15 PM, fixyurdivot said:

And the Irish will finally take care of the task none in recent years have been able to do. 👍  

I remember similar things being said in 2012-13 😎

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

1 hour ago, Undershooter30 said:

I remember similar things being said in 2012-13 😎

I've long forgotten about that game.  If they meet again things will be different.  I'll bet even @Shanksterwill be wearing blue and gold 😄.  

19 hours ago, Shankster said:

As a fan I’ve been living with heart ache since 2005. Then it was topped off with some iffy calls to decide a season... After JT was short emoji6.png I really don’t care anymore. Made me realize no matter what I do, how hard I root for a team, how much Maize and Blue I wear, Hail to the Victors on repeat... I have no control on the outcome of the game.

On 11/1/2018 at 8:15 AM, ole gray said:

Man, I get it. I used to get so worked up about it. This exact thread shows it from previous years. 

But at the end of last season and more so this year, I realized that there is little that you can do about people's biases towards either liking their own team or disliking yours or your conference. I gave up on arguing points or getting worked up about it. I'll make a point or throw something out there, but I try not to harp on it. Now, half of what I do is just troll those that do get worked up about it 😎.

After all, it's a game and I like my team, but I'm not about to let it affect me. Not seriously affect me anyway. 

This week in particular I've gotten to lot's of screenshots of LSU message boards from friends and seen lots of tweets. They are of LSU fans praising injuries to Bama players from LA and praying it threatens their career. There is literally NOTHING worth being that fanatical for your team. I understand that all teams have these crazies and I'm not saying that to call out LSU in particular. But there is just no reason for it.

Troll Tide! 🤣😏

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I've long forgotten about that game.  If they meet again things will be different.  I'll bet even @Shanksterwill be wearing blue and gold 😄.  

You are correct! Things will be different. Bama has an elite passing game now lol 

6 minutes ago, Undershooter30 said:

After all, it's a game and I like my team, but I'm not about to let it affect me. Not seriously affect me anyway. 

I've never really been much of a "super fan" of anything. I like some teams but whether they win or lose has no bearing on my life - it's just fun distraction.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

6 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I've never really been much of a "super fan" of anything. I like some teams but whether they win or lose has no bearing on my life - it's just fun distraction.

I used to let it impact me more than I do now. I'm trying to get a lot better about it. 

I used to let it impact me more than I do now. I'm trying to get a lot better about it. 
While I was driving home, I thought of a time I was super "passionate"....

I went to grad school at Missouri in the 90's and the football team was terrible, especially early in the decade. My cousin went to Washington State, who also sucked at the time. We used to almost fight at Christmas get-togethers over who had the crappier team.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Yeah, I actually find it fun to pick a team in each game I watch. Instead of taking one team seriously, I causually root for the team I'd rather win in each game. No matter who wins each game, it doesn't effect me at all. So I just try to keep it light. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

4 hours ago, Undershooter30 said:

You are correct! Things will be different. Bama has an elite passing game now lol 

It won't save them.  I stated in an earlier post, early in the season, that ND making it to the Championship was a moonshot. Still plenty of football to play and I'm just happy my Irish are playing well - better than predicted.  I find it comical just how many love to hate Notre Dame. They say it's because of the independent status and network thing, but that's not the real reason.  Go Irish!

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

It won't save them.  I stated in an earlier post, early in the season, that ND making it to the Championship was a moonshot. Still plenty of football to play and I'm just happy my Irish are playing well - better than predicted.  I find it comical just how many love to hate Notre Dame. They say it's because of the independent status and network thing, but that's not the real reason.  Go Irish!

Nope, I grew up near ND, and lived with 25 minutes of the campus for about 18years. My opinion is that hey have the absolute worst fan base in around. Not all of them, but I would say a good 90%, and most of those I call friends. I can’t stand anything about that school. I almost dislike them more the Ohio. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Some pretty big games with final 4 implications on the line. Bama vs LSU, Penn State vs Michigan, and Georgia vs Kentucky. Bama in the Bayou that’s a tough place to play. Michigan at home should win, but may be tougher than it seems. Georgia at Kentucky, when was the last time that game mattered. Georgia better not be looking ahead of this one, Kentucky has some players that will make this game very tough especially at home. 

My predictions. 

Alabama 35- LSU 24

Michigan 28- Penn state 21

upset alert

Kentucky 28- Georgia 27 

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I hate shoveling snow.

Who doesn't?

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

29 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Haha. Ok you got me. I’ll probably flip back and forth between the Clemson and OSU game though. I hate shoveling snow.

I used hate shoveling snow. Now I live in South Carolina and don’t have any need to. So we golf instead

I just noticed Oklahoma State's new helmets (well, new to me).  Those are pretty cool.  Hope they can hang on against the Baylor Lawyers.

.... ugghhhh 😑

Clemson sent their basketball team out to play Louisville today... WOW!