Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

College Football

fozcycle

Michigan just needs to focus on what’s in front of them.

I really don’t give a crap about the National Championship. It’s too watered down now with the half time shows, and the same 6ish teams over the last few years.

I’d be satisfied with a BIG10 title and whatever else happens after that is just a bonus.

I still think the CFP comity crap is broken. Worse than the BCS era. They’d be better off just letting someplace like Iceland pick who goes to play the NC. Not the current set up.

16 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I think it could be 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. ND 4. Michigan. Of course that would mean that Michigan would need to win out, but of those 4 teams I think Clemson and ND have the easiest road based on what is left of the schedule, Alabama does have some intriguing games left, but I dont see any of them beating them unless Alabama just has a horrible game. Michigan, of course would need to win out, and then win the big ten title. I think that spot will go to Ohio state or Michigan assuming that one or the other will only have 1 loss at the end. Oklahoma has a chance to get in, but I think 2 of the current top 5 teams (LSU and Alabama play each other so that’s 1 of the teams)  and Ohio state would need to have 2 losses for that to happen. Depending on how these last 4 weeks play out. It looks like the 4 teams will be pretty set from looks of it. 

Oh I agree. I decent bit would need to happen to get 2 SEC teams in. I was just saying that those were the only 2 scenarios I could envision. It would require Bama losing to somebody.

I think if any of the teams in the top 8 or Kentucky wins out, then they will be in. The rest would likely require some help somewhere.  

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Michigan just needs to focus on what’s in front of them.

I really don’t give a crap about the National Championship. It’s too watered down now with the half time shows, and the same 6ish teams over the last few years.

I’d be satisfied with a BIG10 title and whatever else happens after that is just a bonus.

I still think the CFP comity crap is broken. Worse than the BCS era. They’d be better off just letting someplace like Iceland pick who goes to play the NC. Not the current set up.

Worse than the BCS? I know it's a frustrating setup right now but the BCS was hot garbage. In fact, Bama wouldn't have even played in the championship game last year and neither would Ohio St in 2014. Four is better than two... Just like eight is better than four. It is what it is for now and we'd all like to see 6 or 8 team playoff but that's not happening until the next realignment in 4-5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Just stunning and disgusting news out of University of Maryland today.

To yield to Boosters demands and dollars over doing the right thing in the wake of a young man's death is disturbing. But sadly in today's world of $$$$ and college athletics it's not shocking.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

To yield to Boosters demands and dollars over doing the right thing in the wake of a young man's death is disturbing. But sadly in today's world of $$$$ and college athletics it's not shocking.

I don’t see Coach Durkin lasting long. Hopefully he is human enough to just resign and go peacefully.

On 10/29/2018 at 5:48 PM, Undershooter30 said:

That would give ND the 4 seed against Bama's 1

And the Irish will finally take care of the task none in recent years have been able to do. 👍  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

Seriously, I applaud the players that walked out on him. No idea how people are going to send their sons to play for this guy, no idea. They should have razed everything to the ground like Baylor did, this is despicable. The idea is that he's a good coach, dude's 11-15. Keeping him is more damaging to the program then firing him.

Between this debacle and a Rutgers' player being charged with double attempted murder... not a great day for Big Ten expansion teams

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

There should be some criteria in order to be in the final 4 for the playoff. 1st criteria: no more than 1 loss, 2nd criteria: must win conference championship. Without those 2 you don’t get the final 4. That’s still doesn’t make it the best, but it would be better than it is. You should not benefit from not playing in your conference championship game. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Still think this system is stupid.

Wins over teams with a winning record.

Bama: 2
Clemson: 6 if you include .500 teams
LSU: 6
ND: 4 if you include .500’s
MIch: 5

So it really doesn’t matter. Useless stat. You just have to be named Crimson Tide...

By that logic Kentucky has 4 wins over .500 or better teams, 2 of them top 25 teams.

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

13 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

There should be some criteria in order to be in the final 4 for the playoff. 1st criteria: no more than 1 loss, 2nd criteria: must win conference championship. Without those 2 you don’t get the final 4. That’s still doesn’t make it the best, but it would be better than it is. You should not benefit from not playing in your conference championship game. 

If South Florida goes undefeated, and LSU has the loss to Florida and loses to Bama, can you really say SF is better than LSU? SF went undeafeated with cupcake teams while LSU lost to 13 and 1. I can't think that SF is a better team the LSU. 

I still think a 12 team playoff would be the best. I can't really see the 11 or 12 ever winning the National Championship so that would eliminate all controversy. 

Just my $0.02. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

All the jibber jabber about playoffs and who should be what.

Honestly, why do we even bother? Just give Alabama the trophy and stop wasting everyone's time. If you are honest with yourself, can you see anyone even coming close to beating Alabama?

Oh, and just to clarify - I HATE Alabama, and specifically Nick Satan.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

18 minutes ago, GB13 said:

If South Florida goes undefeated, and LSU has the loss to Florida and loses to Bama, can you really say SF is better than LSU? SF went undeafeated with cupcake teams while LSU lost to 13 and 1. I can't think that SF is a better team the LSU. 

I still think a 12 team playoff would be the best. I can't really see the 11 or 12 ever winning the National Championship so that would eliminate all controversy. 

Just my $0.02. 

I agree on the 12 team format.  It's been bantered about for some time now.  There will never be a perfect system, but I do think this would be an improvement.

15 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Just my $0.02. 

Everyone thought that Auburn who beat Alabama was all that as well, there was no way UCF would be able to compete with them, yet, they not only competed, they won.  A few years back, Boise state can’t possibly play in a game with mighty Oklahoma, and again won. We don’t know whether these teams can beat the major conferences, but they do it. The only way to know is to play on the field. There are 4 spots, and year in and year out there are at least 4 teams from the major conferences that meet the criteria I laid out above, so USF wouldn’t be in the talk at that point. I agree more teams would be better.  they never set any criteria to get into the 4 team playoff, and I think that has caused multiple issues over the years. If your name doesn’t have Alabama or Ohio state in it, you have no pull in the committee.

7 minutes ago, GSwag said:

Honestly, why do we even bother? Just give Alabama the trophy and stop wasting everyone's time. If you are honest with yourself, can you see anyone even coming close to beating Alabama?

I can see them losing, since we have no idea how good they are, since they have played exactly no one. They have played 8 games against nothing but cupcakes. They have a few games coming up that could change things. 

How will we ever know if it’s the same teams every year? Any team can be beat.

They got you too with the “eye test”... who cares if they beat Western Montgomery High School by 300 points.

The game this week against LSU is the only test Alabama has left on their schedule.  They're a 2 TD favorite playing the Tigers at home.  I have a feeling LSU is going to show up big and throw wrench into how the season and BCS ends. 

I don’t see Coach Durkin lasting long. Hopefully he is human enough to just resign and go peacefully.

College football coach showing humility and doing the right thing. Don't count on it. I hope they lose these last four games by 30 points each.

Tweet from one of the team captains today saying too bad the adults making this decision didn't have half the heart and ability to fight that Jordan did.

Pretty strong statement. If your a coach. How do you face that sentiment.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

College football coach showing humility and doing the right thing. Don't count on it. I hope they lose these last four games by 30 points each.

Tweet from one of the team captains today saying too bad the adults making this decision didn't have half the heart and ability to fight that Jordan did.

Pretty strong statement. If your a coach. How do you face that sentiment.

Also, here's something that's also not being talked about enough, the Board of Regents was going to FIRE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY if he fired Durkin. Loh is going to resign at the end of the academic year, but holy hell, if that screams that the school only cares about wins and losses and not your kid, I don't know. Boycott Maryland, forfeit the rest of the schedule, allow immediate transfers for those wanting out and burn it down.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

Also, here's something that's also not being talked about enough, the Board of Regents was going to FIRE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY if he fired Durkin. Loh is going to resign at the end of the academic year, but holy hell, if that screams that the school only cares about wins and losses and not your kid, I don't know. Boycott Maryland, forfeit the rest of the schedule, allow immediate transfers for those wanting out and burn it down.

Oh trust me. That fact had been talked about plenty locally. It's just a total disgrace.

Not one single media report in the area has agreed with the decision.

So tell me, how does Durkin stand up there Saturdsh and face 25 plus media everyone of them thinking he should be fired, and over the typical W/L record, but for basically being indirectly responsible for a young man's death.

Go Big Blue! The Cats are hosting the Dawgs this Saturday in Lexington. Let’s see if they can “Scratch “ out a win for SEC East Champion!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

11 hours ago, Shankster said:

How will we ever know if it’s the same teams every year? Any team can be beat.
They got you too with the “eye test”... who cares if they beat Western Montgomery High School by 300 points.

Yeah, I can see how you came to that conclusion, comparing "Western Montgomery High School" to #22 ranked Texas A&M.  More tongue in cheek on my part, but yeah, Jimbo Fisher does sort of make you think he's not even worthy of being a high school coach, so yeah, that's a fair comparison.  😮🤣

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

5 hours ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

Oh trust me. That fact had been talked about plenty locally. It's just a total disgrace.

Not one single media report in the area has agreed with the decision.

So tell me, how does Durkin stand up there Saturdsh and face 25 plus media everyone of them thinking he should be fired, and over the typical W/L record, but for basically being indirectly responsible for a young man's death.

I'm sure it is locally Rob, but nationally not a lot of discussion on that point. Hell, I was watching the 6 pm Sportscenter last night and they Joey Galloway on talking about it. He was allowed to carry the water for Maryland by saying that the next step for Durkin was to fo forward without the guys who walked out, because they didn't want to be there and that they need to rally around those who do. He was also asked how he recruits and Galloway said he just needs to go to parents and explain what happened, show the report that says it wasn't entirely his fault, and show he's willing to change.

Total nonsense... I hate this, and if Syracuse gets matched up with Maryland in a bowl like some are projecting, I want Dino to drop 70 on them. 

SIK Golf Flo-C

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Well you get your wish Rob. They fired him. I bet he lands as Urban’s DC next year... ashamed he ever had anything to do with the U of M.

WEll Shanks, that's if Schiano leaves. Ironically, he's a name being tossed to go to Maryland, even though... ya know, Penn State.

SIK Golf Flo-C

WEll Shanks, that's if Schiano leaves. Ironically, he's a name being tossed to go to Maryland, even though... ya know, Penn State.

I hope they don't even let Schiano drive through the state of MD. Want no part of him. The next coach has to have a crystal clear spotless record. If there is such a coach like that.

I personally think Ken Niunataolo (Navy) would be a good solid choice. I have previously heard bring Friedgen back for a year or two to get it on the right road again. The only reason he was fired was Debbie Yow didn't like him. She didn't think he "fit the image of a coach". Well they have brought in two Square Jawed poster boys of tough guys (edsall and Durkin) and look how that has turned out.

I've taken leave from golf chatting because this thread generally gets my panties in a wad.... 🤨  I get agitated and have to work hard to not run off at the mouth.  I choose to stay away for the most part until after football season....  I learned my lesson about taking the game so seriously when I was ugly to a good friend  (Auburn fan) last year and I had to make amends to him for being a jerk.   He forgave me and I'm staying away from anywhere that talks college football.  You all have fun. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

10 hours ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

I hope they don't even let Schiano drive through the state of MD. Want no part of him. The next coach has to have a crystal clear spotless record. If there is such a coach like that.

I personally think Ken Niunataolo (Navy) would be a good solid choice. I have previously heard bring Friedgen back for a year or two to get it on the right road again. The only reason he was fired was Debbie Yow didn't like him. She didn't think he "fit the image of a coach". Well they have brought in two Square Jawed poster boys of tough guys (edsall and Durkin) and look how that has turned out.

I agree in Ken and it makes sense, there is one question though they may stop him and that's how patient with him the school will be. It takes time and the right players to develop a triple option offense.

The good news is since there aren't many people looking at those type of players and Maryland would be the biggest school looking for them, Ken should have his pick, but it isn't going to be easy and who knows if it works against the athletes of the Big Ten 

SIK Golf Flo-C