Shot Scope Live Q&A 4pm EST! Join Here! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

2 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Rapsodo MLM2Pro is certainly a good one. I considered it strongly before I bought my Garmin R10. I wouldn't look at the older version of MLM though, mainly because I don't do iPhones and the MLM won't work with Android. But if you're an iPhone guy and working on a budget, the MLM is a good option.

(The reason I didn't do the MLM2Pro is, 1, the subscription needed to do much of anything is $200 a year, and 2, indoor use requires those expensive Callaway RPT balls to get any spin numbers and by all accounts you go through those things very quickly because the dots wear off.)

I am an iPhone guy and was thinking the MLM would be a nice introduction.  As of now, anything I do would also have to be portable (SWMBO likes to park in the garage…can you believe it???).  

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 minute ago, TJ Hall said:

I am an iPhone guy and was thinking the MLM would be a nice introduction.  As of now, anything I do would also have to be portable (SWMBO likes to park in the garage…can you believe it???).  

Having owned both the MLM and MLM2Pro, I can offer that both are good for what they offer. The MLM is good for range sessions but to utilize the combine feature you have to pay for premium. Also, a sunny warm day will require a shady spot for the unit and your phone lest they overheat. The distances you get hitting into a net are fairly reliable though. 

The MLM2Pro doesn’t have the same limitations and is demonstrably better, but it carries a higher price tag and the premium subscription is twice the price as the MLM at 200 annually. But with that comes a SIM feature that is very handy for home practice. 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

17 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Love the Bazooka headcover!

Thanks, I think? this is one that I won at a charity event awhile back. Or I saw it at a goodwill and had to have it... 😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Having owned both the MLM and MLM2Pro, I can offer that both are good for what they offer. The MLM is good for range sessions but to utilize the combine feature you have to pay for premium. Also, a sunny warm day will require a shady spot for the unit and your phone lest they overheat. The distances you get hitting into a net are fairly reliable though. 

The MLM2Pro doesn’t have the same limitations and is demonstrably better, but it carries a higher price tag and the premium subscription is twice the price as the MLM at 200 annually. But with that comes a SIM feature that is very handy for home practice. 

Appreciate the information and feedback…have been looking through the website on this and much of this does not come up.  Definitely some things to consider.  Thank you!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Thanks, I think? this is one that I won at a charity event awhile back. Or I saw it at a goodwill and had to have it... 😆 

Either way I like it…another way to show some personality/style/creativity out there! 

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Yep that's the one I played for two years and hit really well. Not very forgiving but a nuke when hit well 

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

Love that headcover!!!! Where did you find that???

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

1 minute ago, Wib081 said:

Sweet!!! I will check into it! I've been using some Day Of The Dead themed Mannkrafteds but they are getting old and iam not spending that much again. I should sell some of these Scotty covers I have and buy some of these

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

1 hour ago, Marlin Dave said:

Sweet!!! I will check into it! I've been using some Day Of The Dead themed Mannkrafteds but they are getting old and iam not spending that much again. I should sell some of these Scotty covers I have and buy some of these

I’ve been kicking around the idea of adding a Pins and Aces TMNT Raphael fairway cover for a bit. Actually saw those at GG last weekend but sadly for driver. Also been looking for a hc for my Phantom 7.5 for a while but I’m beginning to think I’m picky, lol. 

I’ve got a bad reeling about this

15 minutes ago, Wib081 said:

I’ve been kicking around the idea of adding a Pins and Aces TMNT Raphael fairway cover for a bit. Actually saw those at GG last weekend but sadly for driver. Also been looking for a hc for my Phantom 7.5 for a while but I’m beginning to think I’m picky, lol. 

I'm thinking that if I decide the Qi10 is for me after testing, I am going to get a Donatello for it 🐢

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

I posted in the equipment forum but maybe I should have posted here instead. I'm going for an iron refit Saturday because the irons I got fitted for aren't available. 

I got fitted into Cobra King Tour with kbs graphite, but turns out those heads require tapered shafts. I'm going to go back and will try the available graphite shafts (mmt and steel fiber) and also my second choice, the Mizuno JPX 923 Forged.

I want graphite shafts because I have hand issues and need the least vibration possible. I'm hoping I like either of the available shafts as much as the KBS PGI. 

I realized during the fitting that I place a high value on a "soft" feel off the irons, and to me, nothing was as good as the Cobras. They don't seem to be as popular as some of the other brands, but I guess there are many irons to choose from because everyone is different. 

Rick

Cobra LTDx driver, Mizuno JPX 923 Forged irons (5-Gap), Cleveland wedges (52, 56), Odyssey 2 ball putter 

7 hours ago, RickM71 said:

I posted in the equipment forum but maybe I should have posted here instead. I'm going for an iron refit Saturday because the irons I got fitted for aren't available. 

I got fitted into Cobra King Tour with kbs graphite, but turns out those heads require tapered shafts. I'm going to go back and will try the available graphite shafts (mmt and steel fiber) and also my second choice, the Mizuno JPX 923 Forged.

I want graphite shafts because I have hand issues and need the least vibration possible. I'm hoping I like either of the available shafts as much as the KBS PGI. 

I realized during the fitting that I place a high value on a "soft" feel off the irons, and to me, nothing was as good as the Cobras. They don't seem to be as popular as some of the other brands, but I guess there are many irons to choose from because everyone is different. 

The KBS PGI shafts come in tapered tip,  they just aren’t an option directly from Cobra. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 hours ago, Marlin Dave said:

Yep that's the one I played for two years and hit really well. Not very forgiving but a nuke when hit well 

It is definitely NOT forgiving at all (for me) I will either skyball slice it, wormburn it, or hit it dead nuts 220 yards. Haha

I either won the headcover at a charity event awhile back. Or I saw it at a goodwill and had to have it... 😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

On 3/5/2024 at 7:04 AM, cksurfdude said:

Take a look online at...

• GolfEtail.com
  • RockBottomGolf.com
  • GlobalGolf.com (used)
  • GolfWorks.com - Maltby
  • DTC brands - SMT is imported by the same group that runs Sub70 but send to have stupid cheap gear

If you have a model in mind you can check that manufacturers site for an outlet or clearance section.

Also a few guys have had occasional success at thrift shops or Play It Again Sports.

Happy deal hunting!

Just ran into www.golfroots.com this morning via IG.  They have a ton of good deals for all clubs and sets. I am currently off the market now for a driver and shafts, thanks to a few generous members here reaching out.

Morning.

I'd like a hybrid golf bag and have been doing the research online and in store. The bag I've chosen that hits every requirement: Titleist Hybrid 14.

Problem: I have not a Titleist club in my set and don't play the balls. Not that I need to match as I'm not sponsored but... you know.

So then, maybe a Scotty is in the future too.

Cheers

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

@Marlin Dave. That site has 10 of the GBB epics.

20240306_081435.jpg.666a1f5d5a99200722fa9794a7677954.jpg

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

The KBS PGI shafts come in tapered tip,  they just aren’t an option directly from Cobra. 

I did see that. I've never looked into it, but I assume that option would mean going to a custom build place like Club Champion and cost wise, I'm not sure if they can get just the heads, or if it would mean getting them with shafts and then reshafting them, which I'm sure greatly raises the price. It is probably worthwhile for me to explore that as an option, just so I'll know the cost difference and can make an informed decision. 

Rick

Cobra LTDx driver, Mizuno JPX 923 Forged irons (5-Gap), Cleveland wedges (52, 56), Odyssey 2 ball putter 

Just ran into www.golfroots.com this morning via IG.  They have a ton of good deals for all clubs and sets. I am currently off the market now for a driver and shafts, thanks to a few generous members here reaching out.

I know you’re no longer looking @Rob Person, but this article popped up today and was very appropriate…

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/where-to-buy-cheap-used-golf-clubs/

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

14 minutes ago, RickM71 said:

I did see that. I've never looked into it, but I assume that option would mean going to a custom build place like Club Champion and cost wise, I'm not sure if they can get just the heads, or if it would mean getting them with shafts and then reshafting them, which I'm sure greatly raises the price. It is probably worthwhile for me to explore that as an option, just so I'll know the cost difference and can make an informed decision. 

Yes, you are going to have to buy a set and then get them reshafted.   You don’t have to go to club champion, any club fitter can do a shaft swap.   You can even send them to KBS.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

@Marlin Dave. That site has 10 of the GBB epics.

20240306_081435.jpg.666a1f5d5a99200722fa9794a7677954.jpg

Wow! I had been watching marketplace and Ebay and everything was beat up with sky marks that I cant stand. That's an Epic pile of goodness. We got the adapter put on a shaft yesterday and I hope to hit mine today

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

27 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Wow! I had been watching marketplace and Ebay and everything was beat up with sky marks that I cant stand. That's an Epic pile of goodness. We got the adapter put on a shaft yesterday and I hope to hit mine today

Yeah, those site ne errors showed up in my searches.  Saw an IG contest from them, looked through their bio, and website.  I am sure there are dozens I've never seen out there still

My wife "borrowed" my Bushnell 1500 and my last laser range finder, the Precision Pro's NX7-Pro, has disappeared into my daughter's golf bag, LOL.  So now I'm thinking about picking up another Precision Pro - NX-10 or NX-9 Slope version...We'll see what happens...

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

4 hours ago, barney_bogey said:

I'd like a hybrid golf bag and have been doing the research online and in store. The bag I've chosen that hits every requirement: Titleist Hybrid 14.

Problem: I have not a Titleist club in my set and don't play the balls. Not that I need to match as I'm not sponsored but... you know.

Cheers

If it's not too late, check out the Datrek Hybrid bag - functional, full dividers and two putter slots, decent weight, good price and NFHL (No F***in Huge Logo).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

7 hours ago, barney_bogey said:

Morning.

Cheers

How ironic!  I got almost all new clubs last summer and have Callaway, Ping, Mizuno and Cleveland clubs.  I hit Srixon balls.  My wife gave me the go ahead last year to get a new bag.  My current bag is a TM stand bag (ihave no TM products). It’s a nice bag and has 7 slots which has worked well for my 14 clubs. Most bags now are 4, 5 or 14 slots. 

I want a hybrid stand bag but I’ll ride the cart almost all the time.  The stand comes in handy when I go to the range (often) or when we are CPO I can carry for part of a hole when I don’t know what club I’ll be using.  Most stand bags have the putter slot on the stand side but for the cart, the putter and shorter clubs need to be on the ball pocket side facing away from the cart. 

I’ve looked mostly at Callaway Fairway 14 or Fairway+ and also Ping Hoofer or Hoofer 14.  Guess I should look at the Titliest. 

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

If it's not too late, check out the Datrek Hybrid bag - functional, full dividers and two putter slots, decent weight, good price and NFHL (No F***in Huge Logo).
Looks pretty good actually. NFHL is a great feature that I wish more companies would adopt!

Only thing that bothers me about this bag is the dividers. How is one supposed to organize this?

So much for pressing BUY today, lol.

Cheers8c405658fe74fc8290a7e61b8285bac6.jpg

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

1 hour ago, barney_bogey said:

Looks pretty good actually. NFHL is a great feature that I wish more companies would adopt!

Only thing that bothers me about this bag is the dividers. How is one supposed to organize this?

So much for pressing BUY today, lol.

Cheers8c405658fe74fc8290a7e61b8285bac6.jpg

For Cart or pushcart options? Unilaterally equal for either I think

1 hour ago, GaryF said:

How ironic!  I got almost all new clubs last summer and have Callaway, Ping, Mizuno and Cleveland clubs.  I hit Srixon balls.  My wife gave me the go ahead last year to get a new bag.  My current bag is a TM stand bag (ihave no TM products). It’s a nice bag and has 7 slots which has worked well for my 14 clubs. Most bags now are 4, 5 or 14 slots. 

I want a hybrid stand bag but I’ll ride the cart almost all the time.  The stand comes in handy when I go to the range (often) or when we are CPO I can carry for part of a hole when I don’t know what club I’ll be using.  Most stand bags have the putter slot on the stand side but for the cart, the putter and shorter clubs need to be on the ball pocket side facing away from the cart. 

I’ve looked mostly at Callaway Fairway 14 or Fairway+ and also Ping Hoofer or Hoofer 14.  Guess I should look at the Titliest. 

Just saw a guy at the course that has a mini tube style bag (simple sunday bag?) with a top slide clip to set on his cart bag. He keeps just his wedges in it for when he needs to walk to his ball and not carry 3 clubs in his hand. I'll try to get a picture of it next time I see him.