Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tour Striker Planemate

I wanted to give a quick update of my Day 1-3 notes.  I will say I played 9 yesterday after only doing days 1-3, and that was a huge mistake!  I typically have a natural draw, but I couldn't close the face at all.  I was having slice issues.  As I'll mention below, I just can't seem to find the proper release during a full swing.  To be fair, in days 1-3, you're not even close to a full swing.

Day 1:  I felt that the unboxing video that came with the product was perfect!  It walked you through how to get started and it's other warning is to stay away from the red band.  The red band is for fitness and more advanced, and we're not ready for that yet.  This day is all about just getting used to the Planemate.  Just doing 30 small swings from your setup position directly to a parallel finish followed by 30 10 yard chips.  Definitely could feel a bit of resistance, but nothing major.

Day 2:  Can you chip 1 handed?  I definitely struggled with the lead arm.  The trail arm wasn't that bad for me.  

Day 3: The drill with this protocol is where we start shallowing the club.  We're still only taking the club back to parallel to the ground as we try to walk before we run.  The main thing I'm struggling with is I keep fighting the band with my hands during the release.  I would definitely say I'm not relaxing the hands enough.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Day 4-7 Notes

Day 4: This is the day I really needed!  How to finish your swing.  This is where I started to understand how to release the club.  I started to feel like I wasn't fighting the club anymore during my release.  I would definitely say I was making too big of swing in the prior days.

Day 5: The full swing drill that we've all been waiting for since we purchased this thing.  We made it!  They having you breaking it up into different steps, just to allow your body to start learning the feel of it.  I took a video below to demo it.  This is my first attempt after watching the protocol.

Day 6-7: I'm combining these two since 7 is just a review.  Day 6 to me was just a reminder to use your legs.  I felt like I did that pretty well before the Planemate.  The one thing I noticed doing swings is that I tried to cut across the ball a bit to get to the finishing form whether than fully extend up to the finish form.  I took the belt off and was throwing darts at the bucket out there.  That bucket is at 45 yards.

Going forward: I plane to move onto the longer band to move into irons.  I don't want to do the driver video or the "advanced protocols" just yet.  I want to work my way up and finish all of the protocol page.  Please note that I am doing 1 protocol per day.  I'm want to follow the program rather than just blitz through it.  I feel like that's extremely import to get the most out of the product

Day 4-7 Notes

Day 4: This is the day I really needed!  How to finish your swing.  This is where I started to understand how to release the club.  I started to feel like I wasn't fighting the club anymore during my release.  I would definitely say I was making too big of swing in the prior days.
Day 5: The full swing drill that we've all been waiting for since we purchased this thing.  We made it!  They having you breaking it up into different steps, just to allow your body to start learning the feel of it.  I took a video below to demo it.  This is my first attempt after watching the protocol.
[/url] Day 6-7: I'm combining these two since 7 is just a review.  Day 6 to me was just a reminder to use your legs.  I felt like I did that pretty well before the Planemate.  The one thing I noticed doing swings is that I tried to cut across the ball a bit to get to the finishing form whether than fully extend up to the finish form.  I took the belt off and was throwing darts at the bucket out there.  That bucket is at 45 yards.
Going forward: I plane to move onto the longer band to move into irons.  I don't want to do the driver video or the "advanced protocols" just yet.  I want to work my way up and finish all of the protocol page.  Please note that I am doing 1 protocol per day.  I'm want to follow the program rather than just blitz through it.  I feel like that's extremely import to get the most out of the product
What is the total length of the protocol. I haven't read that deep into it yet. How many days do they advise you to do the protocol?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

21 hours ago, tchat07 said:

What is the total length of the protocol. I haven't read that deep into it yet. How many days do they advise you to do the protocol?

There are 3 different protocols, 7-day, Advanced, and Protocol Series.  The 7-day is the "intro" protocol and one I just finished up.  For this one they suggest doing a video a day.  The videos are about 5 minute instruction videos, and then they mention to go practice with 30 reps.  There are 3-4 "extra" that talk about the "standard" and "pro" bands, as well as the driver.  I'm finishing those up right now. 

After the "extra" videos, it has you moving to the Advanced protocol.  There are 6 videos within that protocol and then 10 within the Protocol Series.  The Protocol Series looks to be how to use the Planemate in different ways, ie warm-ups, bunkers, from the rough, fitness, etc.  

I'm actually taking a full week of next week and this will be one of my main focuses!

7 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

There are 3 different protocols, 7-day, Advanced, and Protocol Series.  The 7-day is the "intro" protocol and one I just finished up.  For this one they suggest doing a video a day.  The videos are about 5 minute instruction videos, and then they mention to go practice with 30 reps.  There are 3-4 "extra" that talk about the "standard" and "pro" bands, as well as the driver.  I'm finishing those up right now. 

After the "extra" videos, it has you moving to the Advanced protocol.  There are 6 videos within that protocol and then 10 within the Protocol Series.  The Protocol Series looks to be how to use the Planemate in different ways, ie warm-ups, bunkers, from the rough, fitness, etc.  

I'm actually taking a full week of next week and this will be one of my main focuses!

Worth saying: the introductory, first week, videos are free on the Tour Striker website. Many of them are useful even if you don't have a PlaneMate, if you are capable of doing drills imagining how the PlaneMate would affect your swing.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

So how long do they prescribe for you to use it? I mean based off that you basically have 20ish day. No way it's a 20 day fix.

41 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

So how long do they prescribe for you to use it? I mean based off that you basically have 20ish day. No way it's a 20 day fix.

There isn't a set number of days.  That is completely up to you.  The protocols are there as some sort of structure, but nothing saying you'll have the swing of a pro in ____ days.  I would say the planemate would line up really well if you go through any coaching with Martin Chuck.  With his CoachNow app, you could keep uploading swing videos, and he can give you drills that require the planemate to help with changes.  I still have mine from the Tour Striker Academy review, but I wanted to get through as much as this as possible before reaching out to him through the app.

Just wanted to give a quick update.  I've moved on to work with the full swing band.  I felt like I had everything down with the shorter one, but has I've moved to the full swing, I'm really struggling.  Some things that I've noticed along the way with at this stage, I feel like you need to watch the resistance.  I feel like the club keeps getting stuck behind me at the "relax" phase.  Also, I feel like I'm focusing a lot on my upper body, trying to get the band in the right spot, so I'm forgetting the fundamentals of the lower.  I think this is a lot of the reason I'm slicing.

I noticed when I played 9 today, that if I took my time during setup, I could hit some great shots.  I had to remember to get my lower body and core activated at the start.  If I didn't do that, LOOK OUT!  A lot of swing thoughts right now that I'm trying to work to get it to become more "natural" so I don't have to have them.

9 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

A lot of swing thoughts right now that I'm trying to work to get it to become more "natural" so I don't have to have them.

Oh yeah ain't that the truth!! Interesting to hear about your progression .. thx for the info .. keep working with it, keep practicing 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I recently got mine and have gone through the protocols. it is great to use in the house to get feels. I played a round Saturday and used it on the range before my round using their warm up protocol and through the first 7 holes i was playing my best round of my life with 3/4 FIR and a birdie opportunity on a par 3. Even one of my playing partners noticed a change in my swing. I usually am way over the top and this helped me feel the club drop in transition and i was actually able to get my hips through.

Great for feels. Great for tuning golf swing muscles. Cant wait to use it to help my chipping and pitching more.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

2 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Has anyone tried the driver protocol? I know they've stated that it's difficult to do with the driver.

I haven't tried the driver just yet.  I'm working my way up to it.

I've been struggling with the full swing band, and I finally just said forget it and I'm going to the advanced protocols to see if those would help.  WHY DID I NOT DO THIS SOONER?!?!!?  This was exactly what I needed.  Within the advanced protocols, it breaks down everything from setup all the way to finishing form of the long band.  I would definitely say do NOT go to any of the other videos that are listed with the 7 day protocols without doing the advanced first!  I definitely go in trouble by doing that.  I did listen to all of the advanced at once with breaks in between each to do the drills.  After that, everything clicked!!  The reason I've been struggling so much with that band, is I don't start my takeaway with my body.  I started it with my arms.  I played 9 holes of a par 3 course yesterday just to try and test the feels and I was amazed!  I had 1 hole that was 100% shot selection fault and not swing fault.  Through 8 holes I was +2 on very tiny greens.

I took some videos today of my pitch shot with the short band and a full swing.  Can you tell a difference?

Full swing

Just a quick update...I'm 100% believer in this product now! I spent multiple hours on the range Friday working through the protocols and feels while getting very strange looks, and today shot my lowest round ever!!!!  My pitching and chipping felt the best it's ever been!

20200621_145840.jpg.b45d249745e9322428bb40d2d9d7da3f.jpg

@goaliewales14 - That scorecard picture pushed me over the edge. Just ordered my very own PlaneMate!

Based on this thread, it sounds like the short game benefit might be worth the price, but I'm curious to see how it helps my takeaway, among other things.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

3 minutes ago, edingc said:

Based on this thread, it sounds like the short game benefit might be worth the price, but I'm curious to see how it helps my takeaway, among other things.

My takeaway was probably one of the biggest things I was working on the range Friday.  Doing the work with the long band, it showed me that I'm not using my body to start my takeaway.  I've been using my arms, so I wasn't staying connected.  I would say you really see the short game results at first, but my iron shots are also becoming much more consistent.

On 6/21/2020 at 9:52 PM, edingc said:

@goaliewales14 - That scorecard picture pushed me over the edge. Just ordered my very own PlaneMate!

Wait are you trying to use this to get an edge over the others in the Cobra Challenge?! 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

So my PlaneMate came in tonight, and I did the day one protocol.

This is a very cool training aid. In the immediate future, I see this really helping with getting "through" shots with the hips. The band really pulls your trail hip through the swing.

My miss right now is a spin out pull, where the hips pretty much stall out and the shoulders come across the ball slightly. For me, it leads to balls that start straight or left of target and overdraw to the left. 

I'm probably going to take my time with the introduction protocols and do each day multiple times before moving on.

I will say the ghost hands feeling after removing the PlaneMate is one of the weirdest feelings I've ever experienced.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I suck so much right now I should probably start working with mine.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Well, if I drive the ball like I did today more often, the PlaneMate has already paid for itself.

I mentioned above about the feeling of the hips coming through the swing. I took that swing thought and feel from the PlaneMate to the course this morning and that really helped me control the driver. I had been getting stuck onto my right side and that led to a either weak push/slices or overcooked draws to the left. During my round yesterday I lost two balls left and one right. In other words - driving was awful.

This morning was completely different. I rotated a lot better and hit some really nice drives. I did lose one ball to the left and one just to the right, but overall it was a very, very good driving day for me.

drive1.png.61731ade4e63dec12df331f7215ad896.png

drive2.png.d1095617ccd376bee47c360160e534a8.png

drive3.png.b665fef3fd1542f7b750a3a729ce3868.png

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

needed to post an update so soon today because this thing is really friggin' cool.

After struggling with my irons during the past few rounds, I spent about an hour yesterday working through days 1-3 of the PlaneMate introductory protocols. This gets you to the point of starting to relax the hands and feeling the shallowing of the club. Because it was so hot outside, I was able to create just enough space in my basement to hit wiffles into some pads off the carpet.

Around hole No. 9 during my round this morning, all of a sudden the "ghost hands" feeling showed up during my practice swings. It's such a weird, weird feeling, almost like my hands were being pulled into place by some imaginary helper. 

On holes 9-14, I flushed almost every iron, hitting beautiful piercing push draws right on my target line with the ghost hands "helping" me out. That feeling disappeared toward the end of the round, but now I'm really excited to get back downstairs and work through days 1-3 again.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

1 hour ago, edingc said:

needed to post an update so soon today because this thing is really friggin' cool.

After struggling with my irons during the past few rounds, I spent about an hour yesterday working through days 1-3 of the PlaneMate introductory protocols. This gets you to the point of starting to relax the hands and feeling the shallowing of the club. Because it was so hot outside, I was able to create just enough space in my basement to hit wiffles into some pads off the carpet.

Around hole No. 9 during my round this morning, all of a sudden the "ghost hands" feeling showed up during my practice swings. It's such a weird, weird feeling, almost like my hands were being pulled into place by some imaginary helper. 

On holes 9-14, I flushed almost every iron, hitting beautiful piercing push draws right on my target line with the ghost hands "helping" me out. That feeling disappeared toward the end of the round, but now I'm really excited to get back downstairs and work through days 1-3 again.

That's amazing!!!  I've actually been using the warm-up protocol before my rounds to get started with the ghost hands.  I've also felt like it's been a great way to warm up my body for the round. 

I've really been putting a lot of work into the short band and it has paid off!  Yesterday's round we had 345 yard par 4, I drove it 300 yards, but pushed it out to the right (the safe side).  I had 71 yards to a tight pin and hit the flag stick!!  Left me with a 6 inch birdie putt.  I really feel like my game is becoming soo much better!!

Great stuff Cody!

Is this one where you need to be hitting balls to make it most of the trainer?

I feel like I could benefit from an aid like this too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 7/5/2020 at 12:58 PM, B.Boston said:

Great stuff Cody!

Is this one where you need to be hitting balls to make it most of the trainer?

I feel like I could benefit from an aid like this too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not hit real balls with it yet, just wiffles in the backyard. Although some of the protocols are just movements only, I would think you would want something to hit just to give you that feeling of what you're supposed to be doing. It's still totally possible to shank with the PlaneMate on (definitely have done it!).

During my lunch break today I watched and moved through days 4-5 of the introductory protocols, which gets you to shaft standing straight up in the backswing, and as a result, longer pitch/full shots. I think this is probably where I should stay for the next week or two. When everything clicks, there is some crazy pop in the swing. 

I did get ahead of myself and watched a driver advanced protocol, and tried it, and I see why I struggle so much with the driver. I control the face with my hands, which was insanely evident when the PlaneMate band kept snapping beneath my forearms. Ironically, getting to the "right" position is exactly where my coach wanted me to get to during my last lesson, so it's cool to see how I will be able to integrate the PlaneMate into my already existing improvement plan.

This is obviously an expensive training aid, but for about the cost of two lessons I think it's worth it. The gentle reminders that it provides are as good as having a coach pulling you into the correct positions. My takeaway is already so much more consistent because of working with PlaneMate for the past few days.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

After selling my first Planemate and having my second Planemate sit in the garage, decided it is time to use it. I have nothing to lose, my iron game is complete crap right now. I hit my irons like someone who has never played golf before. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

So I had been hesitant to try out the longer full swing band. So far, the short pitch band has worked wonderfully for my irons and driver. But curiosity got the best of me today after watching the advanced protocol videos.

Total disaster! Love the backswing and downswing feel, but the finish is just not something I'm going to try to implement without some guidance from my instructor. My issue is that I do have some release of the wrists after impact, which seems to be majorly discouraged by the band. That means the band snaps under my arms instead of staying on top.

I'm going to continue using the pitch band for the foreseeable future, and maybe this fall when I'm back into a "changing my swing" mood, I'll examine the full swing band in more depth.

I'm sure the PlaneMate method would be better than what I have now, but I'm playing really good golf right now and am not wanting to go chasing something totally foreign to me.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

On 7/10/2020 at 5:29 PM, edingc said:

So I had been hesitant to try out the longer full swing band. So far, the short pitch band has worked wonderfully for my irons and driver. But curiosity got the best of me today after watching the advanced protocol videos.

Total disaster! Love the backswing and downswing feel, but the finish is just not something I'm going to try to implement without some guidance from my instructor. My issue is that I do have some release of the wrists after impact, which seems to be majorly discouraged by the band. That means the band snaps under my arms instead of staying on top.

The release for me was really something that I struggled with for the long band.  It took a lot of slow reps inside before I got it down.  I'll be curious what you think of it in the fall when you have time to work through it!

To provide an update on mine, I have completely worked it into my warm up routine before a round.  In the warm up protocol, they have you hitting 5 shots with the bands followed by 5 shots without it.  For me, it just reminds me of the feel I need before I play.  I only do 2-3 rounds of it during the warm up before I take it off and just finish without it.  You will definitely get a few weird looks, but when you out score them, then the weird looks go away 🙂 

35 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

The release for me was really something that I struggled with for the long band.  It took a lot of slow reps inside before I got it down.  I'll be curious what you think of it in the fall when you have time to work through it!

To provide an update on mine, I have completely worked it into my warm up routine before a round.  In the warm up protocol, they have you hitting 5 shots with the bands followed by 5 shots without it.  For me, it just reminds me of the feel I need before I play.  I only do 2-3 rounds of it during the warm up before I take it off and just finish without it.  You will definitely get a few weird looks, but when you out score them, then the weird looks go away 🙂 

Good feedback. I did mess around with it some more with really slow reps. I'm fine all the way through the swing until the very finish. My wrists turn over to the left instead of hinging up. Will be interesting to see if I can change that motion easily.

Still loving the short band, and doing a lot of work with it. The takeaway feel is amazing, as I was a habitual arm roller in the backswing.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

On 7/6/2020 at 4:29 PM, edingc said:

I have not hit real balls with it yet, just wiffles in the backyard. Although some of the protocols are just movements only, I would think you would want something to hit just to give you that feeling of what you're supposed to be doing. It's still totally possible to shank with the PlaneMate on (definitely have done it!).

During my lunch break today I watched and moved through days 4-5 of the introductory protocols, which gets you to shaft standing straight up in the backswing, and as a result, longer pitch/full shots. I think this is probably where I should stay for the next week or two. When everything clicks, there is some crazy pop in the swing. 

I did get ahead of myself and watched a driver advanced protocol, and tried it, and I see why I struggle so much with the driver. I control the face with my hands, which was insanely evident when the PlaneMate band kept snapping beneath my forearms. Ironically, getting to the "right" position is exactly where my coach wanted me to get to during my last lesson, so it's cool to see how I will be able to integrate the PlaneMate into my already existing improvement plan.

This is obviously an expensive training aid, but for about the cost of two lessons I think it's worth it. The gentle reminders that it provides are as good as having a coach pulling you into the correct positions. My takeaway is already so much more consistent because of working with PlaneMate for the past few days.

never thought of sticking on one protocal for a while. May need to do that as I have now flattened my down swing but have lost the verticalness on the backswing. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I was surprised today when my wife texted me and told me I had a package arrive today. I wasn't expecting anything until next week at the earliest, but there it was!

20200721_185312-01.jpeg.f5fa522505813df8af52088d44d0014e.jpeg

20200721_185422-01.jpeg.f3ac5758f0e2b217696214efb63f5e48.jpeg

I thought about doing an unboxing video, but I seriously need a haircut and am currently looking rather shaggy. Also, I worked late and really want to see what this training aid is all about. Opened the box and it was packaged well and looks fairly straightforward to use. I'm about to watch the first video and try to get a feel for it.20200721_185508-01.jpeg.d5833b398b5a63acdd70e7ed7adf534d.jpeg20200721_185642-01.jpeg.35cfa8621f1c8569a041103c4c924df7.jpeg

I'm looking forward to trying this bad boy out and see if it makes a difference with my swing. It's going to be fun!

I was surprised today when my wife texted me and told me I had a package arrive today. I wasn't expecting anything until next week at the earliest, but there it was!
20200721_185312-01.jpeg.f5fa522505813df8af52088d44d0014e.jpeg
20200721_185422-01.jpeg.f3ac5758f0e2b217696214efb63f5e48.jpeg
I thought about doing an unboxing video, but I seriously need a haircut and am currently looking rather shaggy. Also, I worked late and really want to see what this training aid is all about. Opened the box and it was packaged well and looks fairly straightforward to use. I'm about to watch the first video and try to get a feel for it.20200721_185508-01.jpeg.d5833b398b5a63acdd70e7ed7adf534d.jpeg20200721_185642-01.jpeg.35cfa8621f1c8569a041103c4c924df7.jpeg
I'm looking forward to trying this bad boy out and see if it makes a difference with my swing. It's going to be fun!
IMG_0865.GIF

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8