perseveringgolfer

Netflix - recommend me a winner!

Our Sponsors

hmmm cant see that on Netflix UK- USA only I wonder

If you use a vpn with a Non UK based ip you can get it. I binged watched every episode.

The Crown is pretty good as well, and The Peaky Blinders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

On 8/7/2019 at 9:37 PM, palvord said:

In my "Watch It Again" queue that I really enjoyed:

Bad Blood

just 'tried' 3 episodes of this- Sorry but it is appalling! Mob cliche after mob cliche, groups of guys all trying to look mean, wooden acting almost like a spoof daytime tv episode. Some of the gravelly accents are quite laughable. I almost expected some to burst into song like Guys and Dolls lol

I have no idea why this gets 7.5 out of 10 on IMDB (5000 votes)

Thanks for recommending and sorry to rubbish it, nothing personal but just posting in case anyone else is thinking of trying it- save yourself the 3 hrs I lost and play a round of golf.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

1 hour ago, perseveringgolfer said:

just 'tried' 3 episodes of this- Sorry but it is appalling! Mob cliche after mob cliche, groups of guys all trying to look mean, wooden acting almost like a spoof daytime tv episode. Some of the gravelly accents are quite laughable. I almost expected some to burst into song like Guys and Dolls lol

I have no idea why this gets 7.5 out of 10 on IMDB (5000 votes)

Thanks for recommending and sorry to rubbish it, nothing personal but just posting in case anyone else is thinking of trying it- save yourself the 3 hrs I lost and play a round of golf.

Hey, not a problem. Not everyone has the same taste as others.

I enjoy it as a popcorn show, not too much thought needed to invest to enjoy the show.

• Like 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I just finished Wu Assasin. It was OK and left wide open for a 2nd season. Very much a martial arts show set in San Francisco.

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

I know it's not Netflix but if you have Amazon Prime I would recommend The Boys. 

• Like 5

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  5-PW :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged w/ Modus 120 xstiff

Wedges:   :titelist-small: SM6 56* F grind, 52* M grind

Putter:  :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #3

1 hour ago, ballplayer002003 said:

I know it's not Netflix but if you have Amazon Prime I would recommend The Boys. 

yes we have amazon prime as well but never use it for movies- I'll look into this, thanks

• Like 1

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

yes we have amazon prime as well but never use it for movies- I'll look into this, thanks

Seconded. The boys is awesome. So are the majority of amazon originals. I've found them all to be much higher quality than most of the stuff on Netflix. 

• Like 1

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Holy smokes, get on that! TONS of content on Prime.

Hanna
Jack Ryan
The Man In the High Castle
The Americans
Justified
Grimm
The Boys
The Tick
Under the Dome
Hand of God
Strike Back

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 8/6/2019 at 3:55 PM, downlowkey said:

Black Mirror

Specifically, the interactive Bandersnatch episode is a great adventure. If you're into those Choose Your Own Adventure types, Bear Grills hosts a fun Wilderness survival series that is great fun with a group. 

You've got a lot of TV recommendations so I'll throw a movie on the pile. The Dirt was a really great movie. It's a Netflix original that follows the story of Motley Crue. I didn't listen much to them but was 1) thoroughly entertained by their story and 2) surprised at how many of their songs I knew. 10/10 would recommend. 

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

21 hours ago, bardle said:

Seconded. The boys is awesome. So are the majority of amazon originals. I've found them all to be much higher quality than most of the stuff on Netflix. 

I agree!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  5-PW :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged w/ Modus 120 xstiff

Wedges:   :titelist-small: SM6 56* F grind, 52* M grind

Putter:  :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #3

14 hours ago, Will_Mac said:

Holy smokes, get on that! TONS of content on Prime.

Hanna
Jack Ryan
The Man In the High Castle
The Americans
Justified
Grimm
The Boys
The Tick
Under the Dome
Hand of God
Strike Back

Second Jack Ryan! Really enjoyed that show.

On Netflix: West Wing, The Good Place, Ozark, Jessica Jones, Bodyguard (The UK one).

Plenty of movie recs too, if you want those.

• Like 1

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:titelist-small: 975D 10.5*

:ping-small:  Eye 2 Persimmon Woods (3/5)

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

4 minutes ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Second Jack Ryan! Really enjoyed that show.

On Netflix: West Wing, The Good Place, Ozark, Jessica Jones, Bodyguard (The UK one).

Plenty of movie recs too, if you want those.

Jack Ryan, agreed, watched it and liked it.

West Wing- too old, cant take it seriously with 'brick like' mobile phones and fax machines for up to date info lol

The good place- I really liked it- very quirky and the lead girl is a babe! havent watched all of series 1 yet.

Ozark- outstanding series, best I've seen for a long time, cant wait for series 3

Bodyguard (UK) hammy acting and very contrived situations, pity as I rate Keely Hawes as an oustanding actor.

Just now, perseveringgolfer said:

Jack Ryan, agreed, watched it and liked it.

West Wing- too old, cant take it seriously with 'brick like' mobile phones and fax machines for up to date info lol

The good place- I really liked it- very quirky and the lead girl is a babe! havent watched all of series 1 yet.

Ozark- outstanding series, best I've seen for a long time, cant wait for series 3

Bodyguard (UK) hammy acting and very contrived situations, pity as I rate Keely Hawes as an oustanding actor.

Definitely finish the Good Place. Amazing season 1 ending and season 2 has been equally great! And yes...Kristen Bell is easy on the eyes, haha. 

• Like 1

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:titelist-small: 975D 10.5*

:ping-small:  Eye 2 Persimmon Woods (3/5)

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

On 8/14/2019 at 2:34 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

With Amazon prime, just download the Prime video app and sign into your account, that’s it,  everything that’s is included with prime is marked. 

An excellent series to watch through prime is Justified

• Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

word of warning to anyone thinking about watching the 53 episodes of 'Designated Survivor'. Good concept and it started well with decent cast...........but deteriorated, by episode 5,  into what I can only describe as a daytime soap. Disappointing, now to try something else.....Just noticed season 2 of Jack Ryan is out. Season 1 was very good

word of warning to anyone thinking about watching the 53 episodes of 'Designated Survivor'. Good concept and it started well with decent cast...........but deteriorated, by episode 5,  into what I can only describe as a daytime soap. Disappointing, now to try something else.....Just noticed season 2 of Jack Ryan is out. Season 1 was very good

No doubt! I barely made it through 3 episodes - I had high hopes.

I just finished season 2 of Mindhunter. I thought Season 1 was far better but it's not terrible. Looking forward to another season of Ozark and Peaky Blinders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

9 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Looking forward to another season of Ozark 

I'm salivating waiting for the new season of Ozark- outstanding drama...imo

On 8/15/2019 at 10:35 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Specifically, the interactive Bandersnatch episode is a great adventure. If you're into those Choose Your Own Adventure types, Bear Grills hosts a fun Wilderness survival series that is great fun with a group. 

Cant see bandersnatch episode, what series was it on? I note a series is sometimes only 3 episodes!

Watched The Boys on Amazon - loved it! only 1 series, is there another coming I wonder?