Rapsodo mlm troubleshooting

Just got a mlm for Christmas.  Really cool device.  Hitting into net in basement and getting really low yardage on 9 iron.  A couple shots have been close but majority about 20 yds off.  I know this because practice all the time with rangefinder and got an idea how far I hit it.  Well lit with distance from myself and ball to net set at manufacturer’s recommendation.  Any suggestions or anyone else having this issue?  

Just got a mlm for Christmas.  Really cool device.  Hitting into net in basement and getting really low yardage on 9 iron.  A couple shots have been close but majority about 20 yds off.  I know this because practice all the time with rangefinder and got an idea how far I hit it.  Well lit with distance from myself and ball to net set at manufacturer’s recommendation.  Any suggestions or anyone else having this issue?  

There was a discussion on an SC200 plus post with the same issue hitting indoors. It may be that you don't have enough distance in the garage for the radar to get an accurate reading. On the other hand it should be picking up club head speed.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

This is only a guess of speculation based on discussions I have heard before.

My guess is that the backspin is not being measured/calculated accurately. Spin creates loft and can change the carry quite a bit from initial launch. 

An email/call to the manufacturer might reveal other issues others have mentioned, like catching a certain distance of initial flight. 

Good luck. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

Having the same issue. 6 & 5 irons going same distance as 7-iron based on readings (which shouldnt be right). I hit in my garage and am installing 2 new overhead lights to see if the lighting is an issue.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

Put down a camo colored tarp between the ball and the MLM to give a darker background and it seemed to pick up 90% of the shots. Then stopped working well... Hoping the darker coloring lets the ball pop out more instead of blend with my grey garage floor coloring.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

• 1 month later...

Gotta say Im a little bummed.  I hit daily into a net in my backyard.  None of the iron distances are even close.

I hit a 7 iron 150, as I have for 20 plus years.  This says 110.  I have a range w a top tracer and my average on the top tracer for 7 iron, 153 after hundreds of shots.

Driver is showing 235 length at 95mph swing speed.  I have it set on distance plus roll, so not sure how accurate that is.  I still use it almost daily, as it does show an overhead of landings spots, smash factor, and left or right.  All that makes it nice to have, but would be far happier if distances were accurate into a net.  I've moved thing around plenty also, that's not it.  Ive also downloaded the recent update w no change. I spoke w customer service and they basically couldn't do anything.

Maybe I get a lemon, don't know.  Still dig it.

• 1 month later...

Just purchased the MLM and I am having the similar issue, all of my irons from PW - 4i are short anywhere from 25-35yds.

I’ve been hitting into a white sheet to help stop the ball before the net, switching to a darker color and hoping this help pick up the ball.

anyone else having background issues?

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Curtijoh said:

Just got one for Christmas. I’m hitting eight irons which I normally hit 140 to 145 yards.  This shows an average of 118 yards. This after dozens of balls hit. In my garage into a net. My average should be north of 135.  Ball speed 90 to 95, club speed 80.  Any suggestions?

With the net compatibility it is more calculations then anything. The more distance you have the better it is. Set up is also silly important and i found in my review that was key to getting the best results. How much ball flight is it reading? Or how much room do you have from ball to net?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Based on all the posts, I would get my money back.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

With the net compatibility it is more calculations then anything. The more distance you have the better it is. Set up is also silly important and i found in my review that was key to getting the best results. How much ball flight is it reading? Or how much room do you have from ball to net?

Set up is super important. Well lit area, enough distance between MLM and ball as well as ball and net. I purchased these lights for like $5 from Home Depot.

image.jpeg.49b3abf3c270a0ca6a2bda02a0d2c441.jpeg

With that said, I have averaged about 5-10 yards shorter in average distance when hitting into a net inside compared to outside on the range. Personally, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Yeah it’s a little frustrating, but you also didn’t pay for a Trackman. Based of the technology Rapsodo is using, it’s going to be a little tougher determining the exact distance when the ball only flies 4-6 feet. 

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

• 1 year later...