Pop up Ad Windows

1 hour ago, LeftyHawk said:

Typically I use my phone (android). I'm going to give ad blocker another try.

They may be considered "acceptable" ads.   By default adblock will allow those. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 1 month later...

I'll just put this here rather than start a new topic.

Is it just me, or is the site really slow these days? I installed an ad blocker on my phone and I might as well not bother, as it takes forever to load anything. My PC at home has an ad blocker and this site is the slowest of any that I visit. Is this a problem on my end or something else?

14 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Is it just me, or is the site really slow these days? I installed an ad blocker on my phone and I might as well not bother, as it takes forever to load anything. My PC at home has an ad blocker and this site is the slowest of any that I visit. Is this a problem on my end or something else?

I'm experiencing the same. The app on my tablet has not been usable for the last week.

• Like 1

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

1 hour ago, Siamese Moose said:

I'm experiencing the same. The app on my tablet has not been usable for the last week.

When you say "app", are you referring to the MGS app or the tapatalk app?  If so, support for those has been dropped and they aren't usable anymore.   The only way to access the forum is via the website.   You can do this on a tablet/phone just like you would on a computer.  

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

It might be a little slower for me, but nothing horrible. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 1 month later...

Sorry but this place has become unreadable on my phone. It's never been like this. 

• Like 4

Ping G410, 10.5 5.5 Evenflow , Ping G425 5 wood/ Ping Anser 20 degree hybrid/ Srixon ZX5, 5-PW/ Ping Glide 50,54, & 58ES/ Bettinardi Queen B

8 minutes ago, braincramp said:

Sorry but this place has become unreadable on my phone. It's never been like this. 

Have you tried an ad blocker? I read the forum on my phone going through Ad Blocker plus browser and it has reduced the ads significantly. I still get one occasionally at the bottom of the page, but it's not like trying to get on through Chrome or Firefox. 

• Like 1

I used my phone yesterday to view the forum, which I rarely do, and found it almost unworkable. Ads sitting over the top of topics/links I wanted to click on made it impossible. I did manage to open the ad several times though. Probably provided a bit of extra revenue😅

If we need to use ad blockers isn't that a sign that there's too many ads?

• Like 5

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Hell, the ads are so brutal at this point I’d pay like 20$ a year to be a premium forum member with an ad free experience. Make it happen. 

• Like 4

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

11 minutes ago, Peaksy68 said:

I used my phone yesterday to view the forum, which I rarely do, and found it almost unworkable. Ads sitting over the top of topics/links I wanted to click on made it impossible. I did manage to open the ad several times though. Probably provided a bit of extra revenue😅

If we need to use ad blockers isn't that a sign that there's too many ads?

Yes. To me, the ads have become super annoying since the latest update a few months ago. They effect the loading speed, especially of the main forum page and I have had similar experiences as you on my phone. I have since downloaded an ad blocker that is very effective for the stock Samsung browser and Yandex browser, but really don't like that it's necessary.

@jlukes posted while I was typing - I'm in full agreement. I'd gladly pay to make the ads go away. Maybe just take a % of donations forum members make to MGS to reduce/eliminate the volume of ads? Just a thought.

• Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

9 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Have you tried an ad blocker? I read the forum on my phone going through Ad Blocker plus browser and it has reduced the ads significantly. I still get one occasionally at the bottom of the page, but it's not like trying to get on through Chrome or Firefox. 

I use chrome no ad blockers are helping me out on my iPhone 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I use chrome no ad blockers are helping me out on my iPhone 

I can't say I know much about the ad blockers available for iPhone as I'm am Android user. I have to correct myself if I said I use Ad Block Plus, I use Ad Block Browser to get on the forum. I'm not sure if it's available in the Apple store as I didn't see it. Hopefully someone will figure out the ad problem on the site and get rid of it, is pretty aggravating. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've definitely been noticing a ton more pop up banners from my mobile lately... The one on the bottom I can typically exit out of no problem but the last week or so there's been ads that show up on the bottom but every couple seconds will create a sort of frame all the way around the 4 edges of the screen. There's no way to exit out of the banner, and quite often disables the ability to click any links on the page. I need to refresh the page and quickly find the link before the ad starts gumming things up again🙄

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

**Currently testing: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts)

Wedges (54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

20 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

I've definitely been noticing a ton more pop up banners from my mobile lately... The one on the bottom I can typically exit out of no problem but the last week or so there's been ads that show up on the bottom but every couple seconds will create a sort of frame all the way around the 4 edges of the screen. There's no way to exit out of the banner, and quite often disables the ability to click any links on the page. I need to refresh the page and quickly find the link before the ad starts gumming things up again🙄

What browser and what operating system are you using?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Yup. It makes replying to posts very cumbersome. 

Mods need to do something about the ads. I get needing the revenue, but not when it impacts the user experience so often 

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

What browser and what operating system are you using?

I'm on Android, and I'm using the Chrome app. I occasionally use my desktop and have some ad blockers that seems to clear things up on the desktop experience for me. 

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Yup. It makes replying to posts very cumbersome. 

Mods need to do something about the ads. I get needing the revenue, but not when it impacts the user experience so often 

Yeah, I'm totally with you. I definitely understand that money talks, but it's definitely impacting my experience in a noticeably negative way. All the more reason to donate to MGS, if in fact that will limit ads instead of just add more cash flow on top of ad revenue.

• Like 2

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

**Currently testing: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts)

Wedges (54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

...beyond frustrating; especially if you don't have a 6+ inch phone. I've given up several times. 

• Like 3

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

3 hours ago, ncwoz said:

I'm on Android, and I'm using the Chrome app. I occasionally use my desktop and have some ad blockers that seems to clear things up on the desktop experience for me. 

Yeah, I'm totally with you. I definitely understand that money talks, but it's definitely impacting my experience in a noticeably negative way. All the more reason to donate to MGS, if in fact that will limit ads instead of just add more cash flow on top of ad revenue.

Yes I was having the issues on chrome on my iPhone and switched to safari and added an ad blocker, as suggested by guys on here. I have no more banners or ads and the speed is much better. Maybe check the App Store fore ad blockers, most aren’t for chrome which sucks, and try a different browser with an ad blocker for the forum alone. I use chrome for everything but the forum, annoying to do but it works!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Oh great. They’re back. 

EB7E4C71-8D60-4531-BFC9-A152D2E85A20.png.f436caf489b1f7ea62e4b306bd2fb3e2.png

• Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

5 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Oh great. They’re back. 

EB7E4C71-8D60-4531-BFC9-A152D2E85A20.png.f436caf489b1f7ea62e4b306bd2fb3e2.png

Same for me, clicked and got Audi way to many times today.

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Same here. Screen looked just like above and I thought I had accidentally hit something. As a matter of fact, the ad just popped up again as I am typing this 😂

Maybe I should buy an Audi……..   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

:mizuno-small: ST-Z w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60g

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W Project X Velocity 6.0 53g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:callaway-small: MD4 55/60 W/ DG S200

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:titelist-small: Pro V1X