Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Amazing Numbers

18, 19, 56 and 73.  The number of majors won, runner up in majors, top 5 in majors, and top 10 in majors.  With no televised coverage of the US Open, I'm watching Feherty's interview with Jack.  I had no idea he competed in 156 major events and was unaware of the other amazing numbers that go with the 18.  He's also an accomplished fly fisherman and has a great casting stroke. Add to that a crazed Buckeye fan and what's not to like 🙂.  

15, 7, 33, 41 out of a total of 86 major events for Tiger.  The GOAT debate aside, these are some truly amazing numbers... particularly the last ones.  Seriously, stop and think about those numbers for a moment; these two are in rarified air that may very likely never be traveled through again.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Truly amazing. They both had extraordinary physical talents, but I think their real advantage was mental. Each seemed able to ignore the stress of a big tournament and concentrate better than anyone else in the field. When I hear people say player x had the talent to be a great player but wasted his talent, I think they are talking about the skills we can see but not the mental skills which separate the best from the rest. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

23 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

but I think their real advantage was mental. Each seemed able to ignore the stress of a big tournament and concentrate better than anyone else in the field.

The x-factor, good point. Who among the current tour players do you think exhibits this ability?  Bernhard Langer comes to mind but only after moving to the Champions Tour. On the main tour, perhaps BK, but only in majors.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

The x-factor, good point. Who among the current tour players do you think exhibits this ability?  Bernhard Langer comes to mind but only after moving to the Champions Tour. On the main tour, perhaps BK, but only in majors.

I think every professional player has basically the same skill level to hit a golf ball and after going through and learning about the DECADE program believe that it is the mental side of the game that separates players.  Those who commit to the right decisions over 72 holes are the most successful golfers.   Tiger is the leader regarding the mental game.  I’d add most of the players that follow the DECADE strategies to the letter …Bryson, zalatoris, Morikawa, Brooks, etc.  you can also see that eliminating emotion helps older players; Cink is a prime example.   Players that can avoid emotion decisions will continue to rise to the top.  I follow Scott Fawcett on Twitter and each week he mentions some of the players on the various tours that have gone through the DECADE program;  they seem to be very successful

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

In their primes, both Jack and Tiger could hit certain shots at a level of skill and accuracy that few others could. That was raw natural ability beyond most other players combined with developed technique. They also set themselves apart with their ability to focus week after week, shot after shot, without letup.