Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

57 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It will be a lot. I don’t know the Japanese viewership numbers but I don’t think it hurts the tv or in person numbers that much 

I would have lost money on ever thinking Hedeki would consider this league.  In fact a few of those that have joined surprise me.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

i think after the tour championship at east lake we will see 3-4 big names going to liv , a couple earlier if they don't make the  70 cut  for the  fedex  ,  matsuyama after  east lake   , he will stipulate that liv play 1 time a year in japan , i think the 3 round thing was a mickelson idea because when they get to 72 players the avg age will be around 35  - 40 ..

fowler is 125 now , trying to stay in the top 125

Edited by shootmyage

5 hours ago, LICC said:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/super-golf-league-updates-2022

LPGA commissioner Mollie Marcoux Samaan told The Times of London that she would “take the call” if LIV Golf CEO Greg Norman ever wanted to talk to her about the LPGA.

“It’s my responsibility to evaluate every opportunity,” Marcoux Samaan said in the report. “I would engage in a conversation if it would achieve our aim of promoting women’s golf but there needs to be input from players and sponsors. There’s a lot of factors to consider before we do business with LIV Golf.”

This is what a competent commissioner looks like. Jay could have avoided the large majority of this LIV drama by just taking a phone call from Andy and PGL guys. They wanted to actually work with the tour and it would've been infinitely more interesting than the fractured PGA/ LIV drama that we now have. I seriously think Monahan should lose his job over how badly he's botched all of this.

Imagine if we could've had a real PGA tour version of F1/ Premier league with relegation and calling up players to teams when they're on a heater. Instead we get a hit and giggle with some washed up guys and a few stars. And an even less interesting PGA tour. At least until we see the real changes they roll out and that is going to take time.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

6 hours ago, LICC said:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/super-golf-league-updates-2022

LPGA commissioner Mollie Marcoux Samaan told The Times of London that she would “take the call” if LIV Golf CEO Greg Norman ever wanted to talk to her about the LPGA.

“It’s my responsibility to evaluate every opportunity,” Marcoux Samaan said in the report. “I would engage in a conversation if it would achieve our aim of promoting women’s golf but there needs to be input from players and sponsors. There’s a lot of factors to consider before we do business with LIV Golf.”

I saw that news article this morning 😱. I already prefer watching LPGA over PGA - if that happens (LPGA & LIV colab) I may have to switch to College golf.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, Undershooter said:

This is what a competent commissioner looks like. Jay could have avoided the large majority of this LIV drama by just taking a phone call from Andy and PGL guys. They wanted to actually work with the tour and it would've been infinitely more interesting than the fractured PGA/ LIV drama that we now have. I seriously think Monahan should lose his job over how badly he's botched all of this.

Imagine if we could've had a real PGA tour version of F1/ Premier league with relegation and calling up players to teams when they're on a heater. Instead we get a hit and giggle with some washed up guys and a few stars. And an even less interesting PGA tour. At least until we see the real changes they roll out and that is going to take time.

I don't see an F1-type team concept working at all in golf. There isn't enough tying the players of a team together to make it compelling.

The PGA's biggest mistake was the wrap-around season. They should have had an offseason with 3 or 4 big events around the world from October to December. Sort of what they are planning to do now. But none of that really makes a difference. Players are going to LIV for the ludicrous money, plain and simple.

On 6/27/2022 at 8:42 PM, Grand Stranded said:

Let me help you out here Stu…. First of all the protests you’re referring to? It’s Portland. Out there they have protests to protest what they’re protesting about. Once they find out Pumpkin Ridge is about 25 miles from anything, they’ll just protest whatever the nearest protest to them is protesting. 😉

Second, yes it’s true a few people resigned their memberships, but those were filled with new members immediately by the club. In fact I heard one of those who left had second thoughts, but no openings for him to rejoin were available, and he had to go to the end of their wait list. I’m pretty sure he’s planning a protest now also.

I was thinking about purchasing some plane tickets until I read this.  Is one allowed to protest the egregious amount of protests in Portland?

“They call it golf because all the other four letter words were taken.”

‒ Raymond Flyod

2 hours ago, LICC said:

I don't see an F1-type team concept working at all in golf. There isn't enough tying the players of a team together to make it compelling.

The PGA's biggest mistake was the wrap-around season. They should have had an offseason with 3 or 4 big events around the world from October to December. Sort of what they are planning to do now. But none of that really makes a difference. Players are going to LIV for the ludicrous money, plain and simple.

It wouldn't work for every event, but I think it would work for the limited "PGL series". Players try to work their way into the top 48 or whatever so that they can make it into those events. The rest of the tour could play the opp field PGA event similar to how they do with the WGCs. This provides playing opportunities and a different product. 

You've mentioned the new fall schedule and how they plan to play worldwide. These events have also planned to have some team element as well. I don't think most weeks need a team aspect, but it would be a nice wrinkle if it was added for its own series. It creates story lines, which the PGA Tour need right now.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

6 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I saw that news article this morning 😱. I already prefer watching LPGA over PGA - if that happens (LPGA & LIV colab) I may have to switch to College golf.  

I too like watching LPGA every bit as much as PGA.  Also, absolutely nothing wrong with college golf.  I watched some of the USGA Junior Am today and it was very entertaining.  Could it be that, like the NBA, MLB, and NFL, professional golf has finally reached the point of spoiled prima-donna's and out of touch with reality compensation that I'm growing less enamored with it each passing season?  I used to be a big professional sports fan but that has changed for me. Certainly LIV has escalated this as it pertains to PGA Tour but things were already trending that direction.  

16 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I much prefer the LPGA golf but no college golf in NZ, alittle on utube amongst others like today I was watching KLPGA. But we've started domestic Rugby union here so I'm watching alot of that as well as golf, this is our winter sports...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

13 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I too like watching LPGA every bit as much as PGA.  Also, absolutely nothing wrong with college golf.  I watched some of the USGA Junior Am today and it was very entertaining.  Could it be that, like the NBA, MLB, and NFL, professional golf has finally reached the point of spoiled prima-donna's and out of touch with reality compensation that I'm growing less enamored with it each passing season?  I used to be a big professional sports fan but that has changed for me. Certainly LIV has escalated this as it pertains to PGA Tour but things were already trending that direction.  

A lot of truth in this post.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

10 hours ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Thanks for sharing. I wonder how many of the early sign-up's get the free pass option in their contract?  Perhaps all of them do but I kind of doubt it. No big surprise that the format was going to evolve once they got some traction.  I mean they have to know that the initial curiosity of a no cut, exhibition-like tour, even with some significant signings, would wane pretty quickly.  A significant part of the attention their getting is simply from the who stays and who goes angle.  Short of a mass exodus, if they are going to compete over the long haul, I think, at a minimum, they'll have to move towards a Champions Tour format.

Some pigeons are coming home to roost by the looks of it. They actually have to perform to get their money...who knew?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Some pigeons are coming home to roost by the looks of it. They actually have to perform to get their money...who knew?

You mean the Saudi's aren't a benevolent lot - just handing out lots of cash? 🤔

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, MattF said:

It looks to me like a quick fix to try to bolster their application for OWGR points. I still don't see this being enough to move the needle.

On 7/27/2022 at 9:36 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Thanks for sharing. I wonder how many of the early sign-up's get the free pass option in their contract?  Perhaps all of them do but I kind of doubt it. No big surprise that the format was going to evolve once they got some traction.  I mean they have to know that the initial curiosity of a no cut, exhibition-like tour, even with some significant signings, would wane pretty quickly.  A significant part of the attention their getting is simply from the who stays and who goes angle.  Short of a mass exodus, if they are going to compete over the long haul, I think, at a minimum, they'll have to move towards a Champions Tour format.

I watched C H lll presser and he said you have to play good golf on Liv to retain your position or your dropped, but you can play your way back to the team but not sure how that happens if your not playing???

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

33 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

I watched C H lll presser and he said you have to play good golf on Liv to retain your position or your dropped, but you can play your way back to the team but not sure how that happens if your not playing???

On the Asian tour I believe.

Looks like Bubba is going to be the next to go but wont play until September.

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

57 minutes ago, poprocksncoke said:

On the Asian tour I believe.

Looks like Bubba is going to be the next to go but wont play until September.

Yup, that's what I read as well.  Anyone think those that don't have the "free pass" will grind away on the Asian Tour for very long before simply saying... (you fill in the blank)?  It's likely Phil, DJ, Brooks, Bryson, Watson, Stenson, Louie, Poulter, Westwood and a few others get to play until they no longer want to, but the others (like Gooch, Ancer, CH3) may be in for a bit of a surprise.  

Read an interesting article this morning that suggested some of the “names” (Phil, DJ, Brooks, Bryson…) may have ownership stakes in their respective teams once this becomes a twelve team league. That might allow them to become the “Jerry Jones” (thought that was a good analogy) of their franchise and recruit and manage their squads. Might answer why some don’t seem to mind the “maybe no majors” thing. They’ve got other $$$ plans. 

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

20 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Read an interesting article this morning that suggested some of the “names” (Phil, DJ, Brooks, Bryson…) may have ownership stakes in their respective teams once this becomes a twelve team league. That might allow them to become the “Jerry Jones” (thought that was a good analogy) of their franchise and recruit and manage their squads. Might answer why some don’t seem to mind the “maybe no majors” thing. They’ve got other $$$ plans. 

Rumor is Hideki is joining after the presidents cup and will be on a team of Japanese golfers that is owned/partially owned by Srixon.

12 hours ago, jlukes said:

Rumor is Hideki is joining after the presidents cup and will be on a team of Japanese golfers that is owned/partially owned by Srixon.

the talk is he will get $400 million , that's an eye popper , also putting it into perspective what he sees is a year ago he would have received 110 yen per dollar , now the exchange rate now is around 136 yen per dollar , a year ago the s's would have to given him $500 million to get the same amount of yen he will get today .

oh well , good for him if the deal goes through ..

Edited by shootmyage
number

4 hours ago, jlukes said:

I have seen speculation of an all Aussie team as well: Day, Smith, Leishman & Scott.  That would be a force to reckon with if Day stayed healthy.  Things like this is why the concept interests me.  It's something different than the hum drum everyday golf tournament.

Still surprised by the Hideki rumors.  He just dosen't strike me as someone who would be drawn by the LIV offerings and party atmosphere.  But then again, someone dangling numbers approaching half a billion dollars is hard to ignore.  Golf in Asia is HUGE.  Getting Matsuyama, who has Tiger-like notoriety in those parts of the globe, will likely pay big dividends.

55 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

I have seen speculation of an all Aussie team as well: Day, Smith, Leishman & Scott.  That would be a force to reckon with if Day stayed healthy.  Things like this is why the concept interests me.  It's something different than the hum drum everyday golf tournament.

I've heard this to, I'd be doing the same was I in that position. I've realized after my 3months in hospital with a month in a Coma that what you enjoy in your life today you can lose tomorrow, for example I went from sex 3-4 times per week to once in 3 weeks. So do the best you can while you can, tomorrow may not arrive in the circumstances your enjoying today. 

54 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Still surprised by the Hideki rumors.  He just dosen't strike me as someone who would be drawn by the LIV offerings and party atmosphere.  But then again, someone dangling numbers approaching half a billion dollars is hard to ignore.  Golf in Asia is HUGE.  Getting Matsuyama, who has Tiger-like notoriety in those parts of the globe, will likely pay big dividends.

I was in Tokyo in 2001 setting up a supply of used cars for importing in to NZ, back then I doubled my money loved it. I went to a huge shopping centre to look around and found a sports store that was the biggest I've seen either in person or even at the movies, the range of sports was amazing and there was a Golf Pro doing fitting's for drivers irons etc. He was hitting a Japanese driver brand that I'd never heard of, even though I don't speak Japanese and he didn't speak English he gave me a few clubs to hit and was trying to get me to buy the Japanese driver but it bloody expensive. I found a Callaway ERC that had been replaced by the New model and it super cheap, and I hit it best of them all (265metres) eventually I bought it even though I didn't know if I could get it back to Sydney where I lived then. All I'm saying is that the Japanese are into American sports in a big way with huge photos of the famous sports people in the USA, and the money that they spend is staggering so I would expect Hideki would already have more money than we could imagine therefore if he joined Liv it's going to cost a staggering amount of money and we won't know how much that will be. Imho....

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

LIV is aligned with the Asian tour and landing Hideki is all about the Asian market 

18 minutes ago, jlukes said:

LIV is aligned with the Asian tour and landing Hideki is all about the Asian market 

They have clearly done their homework.

TGC just reporting that LIV will hold 25 events next year... that has escalated rather quickly.

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

35 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Was getting ready to say the same thing.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

They have clearly done their homework.

TGC just reporting that LIV will hold 25 events next year... that has escalated rather quickly.

I think that’s LIV tournaments and co-sponsored Asian Tour events. I believe that’s what I have read.