Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ventus Velocore Black

PingMD702

Hey everyone! I just recently switched over to the TSr3 9 degree with a Tensei 1K Black 65X and TSr2 16.5 and 21 degree with HZRDUS Black 70 6.5 and 80 6.5, respectively. I was wondering if Ventus Black Velocore would be considered the "closest" to my current set up for the top of the bag? I know that I am comparing retail shafts vs aftermarket but having hit the Ventus Black in the past, it is extremely solid! Driver swing speed is about 108 for me. If I were to put the ventus black in the bag, I probably would match my current weight set up 65, 75, 85. Thanks in advance for any input! 

Driver: Titleist TSr3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x D1/Neutral setting (RH)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr2 16.5 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

7 Wood: Titleist TSr2 21 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

5 Hybrid: Titleist TSr2 24 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 8x B2 setting (RH)

Irons: 2023 Titleist Black T100 5-PW AMT White S300 Onyx (RH)

Wedges: 2023 Titleist Black T100 50 AMT White S300 Onyx, Titleist SM9 Premium Jet Black 54D/12 bounce, 58M/8 bounce BGT ZNE 130 wedge shafts (RH)

Putter: Bettinardi Wizard Inovai 8.0 Custom with Stability Shaft Tour Black

Ball: 2022 Titleist ProV1x (yellow)

4 hours ago, PingMD702 said:

I know that I am comparing retail shafts vs aftermarket

This is incorrect. The tensei 1k black is an aftermarket shaft. Titleist and Mitsubishi have a deal in place that allows them to make this a no upcharge offering similar to Srixon, Callaway and some others have with Aldila and having rhe rogue white 130 as a no upcharge.

The hzrdus black is also an aftermarket shaft that px mass produces so that they can get it in as many of the oems as possible. If you tried to buy the hzrdus black from an authorized dealer it would cost $300.

Also the notion of “retail” not being as good as “aftermarket” isn’t one that’s true. Whether a shaft fits a golfer or not is what makes a shaft good or bad.

With all that said if you went with the ventus black would be a good option. Many of the shafts that are called black have similar profiles with changes in how stiff each part of the shaft are compared to each other. If the ventus worked for you in the past it should be fine with the titleist as long as it doesn’t negative affect how things feel for you

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

This is incorrect. The tensei 1k black is an aftermarket shaft. Titleist and Mitsubishi have a deal in place that allows them to make this a no upcharge offering similar to Srixon, Callaway and some others have with Aldila and having rhe rogue white 130 as a no upcharge.

The hzrdus black is also an aftermarket shaft that px mass produces so that they can get it in as many of the oems as possible. If you tried to buy the hzrdus black from an authorized dealer it would cost $300.

Also the notion of “retail” not being as good as “aftermarket” isn’t one that’s true. Whether a shaft fits a golfer or not is what makes a shaft good or bad.

With all that said if you went with the ventus black would be a good option. Many of the shafts that are called black have similar profiles with changes in how stiff each part of the shaft are compared to each other. If the ventus worked for you in the past it should be fine with the titleist as long as it doesn’t negative affect how things feel for you

Thanks for clarifying brother! I went to a local club champion and that was my takeaway that the Tensei White Raw AV I was playing was a retail shaft etc. If anything, I am trying to find the closest match with the shaft I currently play. Thanks for your input! 

Driver: Titleist TSr3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x D1/Neutral setting (RH)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr2 16.5 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

7 Wood: Titleist TSr2 21 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

5 Hybrid: Titleist TSr2 24 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 8x B2 setting (RH)

Irons: 2023 Titleist Black T100 5-PW AMT White S300 Onyx (RH)

Wedges: 2023 Titleist Black T100 50 AMT White S300 Onyx, Titleist SM9 Premium Jet Black 54D/12 bounce, 58M/8 bounce BGT ZNE 130 wedge shafts (RH)

Putter: Bettinardi Wizard Inovai 8.0 Custom with Stability Shaft Tour Black

Ball: 2022 Titleist ProV1x (yellow)

Just now, PingMD702 said:

Thanks for clarifying brother! I went to a local club champion and that was my takeaway that the Tensei White Raw AV I was playing was a retail shaft etc. If anything, I am trying to find the closest match with the shaft I currently play. Thanks for your input! 

Anytime. The reality is that shafts perform the same, what causes change is how they affect the feel for the golfer whether it be the weight of the shaft, the weight/balance of the club and/or the stiffness profile of the shaft design aka the EI profile. The hzrdus black is going to have a very beefy mid section and very stiff feel overall. For me the hzrdus back lineup in woods and hybrids is a bad fit. The feel causes me to change my swing to try to make them work. Where as the hzrd green which is lower launch and lower spin design compared to the black feels better and thus gives me better results and is quite playable on the course.

I haven’t had a chance to hit the 1k black yet since it’s a relatively new release and I haven’t been to the range much this year, the ventus black imo feels better than the hzrdus black and while not a good fit for my swing I would take that over the hzrdus any day because they feel is better. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

7 hours ago, PingMD702 said:

Hey everyone! I just recently switched over to the TSr3 9 degree with a Tensei 1K Black 65X and TSr2 16.5 and 21 degree with HZRDUS Black 70 6.5 and 80 6.5, respectively. I was wondering if Ventus Black Velocore would be considered the "closest" to my current set up for the top of the bag? I know that I am comparing retail shafts vs aftermarket but having hit the Ventus Black in the past, it is extremely solid! Driver swing speed is about 108 for me. If I were to put the ventus black in the bag, I probably would match my current weight set up 65, 75, 85. Thanks in advance for any input! 

Another thing to remember is similar profiles in drivers and woods don’t always work. It’s best to be fit separate for both. My driver is a Ventus black 6x whereas my 4w is a Tensei blue in 7x. Different profiles, feels and actual stiffness. YMMV. Good luck on your search. It’s fun to experiment. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review