Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

13 minutes ago, LeakyValve said:

Morning spies. Got my irons spec checked the other day and I get to pick them today. Bit worries about how whack they will be on a count of some outrageous differences in irons. This got me thinking, and hopefully any instructors or fitters could fill in here, is it better to get your clubs fit or bent to how your swinging or change your swing to fit your clubs loft and lie specs?? 

You want them to fit your swing, not the other way around.  It's easier that way.  And it will help your misses tighten up, or it should if done correctly.

Matt Dura

Francis Marion University Hall of Fame 2018

default_titelist-small.jpg.035c687f1ee4f222f65826e0f2ccf716.jpg TS4 9.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g Low spin driver; PRO V1X

default_taylormade-small.jpg.e5271abefda63fc90c515812858df654.jpg M3 17*HL turned down to 15*, Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Series 65 Stiff

Ben Hogan 17* & 21* EDGE CFT Hybrids

default_ping-small.jpg.4f6644e7b181538ad4356fa5baa9ab06.jpg i200 blue dot, KBS Tour 120 S 4i-PW; Glide 58*/10

default_cleveland-small.jpg.c369c88345deb6bf5d6da562e36c46e9.jpg 50* RTX 588; 54* CG10

LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg.c85827f16c4e90eabef5b35daa9e8b47.jpg APA Model 1

ODIN.jpg.36f5f3d3738de8051e6e80e0aec7b2d2.jpg X1

4 minutes ago, Girldad18 said:

You want them to fit your swing, not the other way around.  It's easier that way.  And it will help your misses tighten up, or it should if done correctly.

I think I tend to agree. Gear to fit your swing. Can make some little tweaks if needed. 

"We're weekend golfers. Of course we just buy gear off the racks and wonder why it doesn't work"

22 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I'll try to get that report.  I know the guys in the shop, but they just got this so we will see how it goes.  The main reason for doing this is to make adjustments to my “extra” Ping putter for my Kuchar reverse armlock experiment.  I’m not making a change because I have putting troubles, but I’m curious about Kuchar’s new stroke because I think it’s close to how I use my right arm with my current putter in a standard setup.  Just want to give it a try.

I will start with my Ping gamer putter and my usual stroke to establish a baseline.  Then have them tweak loft and lie on my other Ping putter to give me the best fit for reverse armlock stroke.  The two Pings are the same except for length and lie angle.  

I really have no idea what my best setup would be for reverse armlock, including ball position.  The video you posted about Bruce Rearick was interesting; I think I will have to experiment.

You may have unique setup things, but there aren’t that many different strokes.  Probably… but I have never seen anyone else with my putting stroke.  I’m hoping that SAM PutLab doesn’t find a huge flaw that I should correct right before Kingsmill.  😬  Why in the heck am I doing this right now???  😂

Should be interesting.  

Why do you think your stoke is so unique?   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Great round @Preeway!! Congrats for breaking 70!!

Well Done 🍻!!⛳⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

4 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Good morning Spies! Feeling the aftereffects of sitting out on that parking lot in Augusta for 30 hours the last three days. I feel like I played 36 for three straight days instead. So no round today at the Patch (Augusta Muni) or anywhere else. After I get to Charlotte this afternoon, I might go find a range; I believe there's one near my hotel. Might. Plan is also to do a workout at the hotel fitness room.

I'm now seeing multiple signs around Augusta offering "golf tickets". They never say to what, probably because ANGC has lawyers and they're not afraid to use them, but that jibes with what I've heard about the scalpers' market. One side note: While I was sitting in the parking lot yesterday, a couple from Illinois came up to join our study. He said they have family in the Augusta area and come down occasionally. I could tell he'd been there at least once before because he was wearing a Masters golf shirt. I commented on that and he said he had gotten lucky in the Masters ticket lottery. I didn't even know they had a lottery. So while he was getting his blood drawn, I went to the Masters website and signed up for the 2025 ticket lottery, which doesn't actually happen until June-ish.

Oh, and Happy Pi Day! Hug a mathematician if you know one!

image.png.c8846803dd00c27777b5f714785279d0.png

Hard to beat some good math humor 😀

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

7 hours ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Take your floaties to be safe… You know, in case “ Mother Nature “ engages in the female prerogative  of changing her mind. 

Floaties were optional today. Fortunately, not needed this week!🤣

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Should be interesting.  

Why do you think your stoke is so unique?   

Hard to describe, but I use my right arm more than my left.  I can actually putt pretty well with just my right hand, and I do that when warming up… trying not to break my right wrist.  Elbows are slightly flexed and left elbow is more flexed on the through stroke.  Shoulders don’t rock much; more of a piston motion with putter and head doesn’t release past hands.  

I can see that we will have some interesting discussions in Kingsmill!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

52 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Hard to describe, but I use my right arm more than my left.  I can actually putt pretty well with just my right hand, and I do that when warming up… trying not to break my right wrist.  Elbows are slightly flexed and left elbow is more flexed on the through stroke.  Shoulders don’t rock much; more of a piston motion with putter and head doesn’t release past hands.  

I can see that we will have some interesting discussions in Kingsmill!!

Because of nerve damage to the right hand, it is just along for the ride on putts. It is on the putter, ever so lightly, at most the right hand might give a modicum of stability. 

1 hour ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Because of nerve damage to the right hand, it is just along for the ride on putts. It is on the putter, ever so lightly, at most the right hand might give a modicum of stability. 

You described my left hand (no nerve damage); just no control with it.  Can’t make putts left hand low, but can make putts using only my right hand.  It’s why I want to try reverse armlock.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

I have nerve damage in the right hand too, but so far no detectable effects on my putting or other aspects of my golf game. Just don't ask me to draw blood or start an IV at work. For that my hand shakes like a leaf.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024