The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

6 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Thanks so much. I was able to get everything cleaned up by 4:30 this afternoon. I had to take a break to give the wet/dry vac a break. In the scheme of things it really wasn’t too bad. Had throw out a couple of old area rugs. And the the basement floor has never looked so clean. I have a dehumidifier running down there now. I hit up Lowes for a pump to assist the sump pump should the need arise in the future. The local news just called this a 1 in a 1000 year event. All in all it was not too bad. 

Good reminder to get a new sump. Glad to hear it wasn’t all terrible. 😊

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

3 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

Thanks so much. I was able to get everything cleaned up by 4:30 this afternoon. I had to take a break to give the wet/dry vac a break. In the scheme of things it really wasn’t too bad. Had throw out a couple of old area rugs. And the the basement floor has never looked so clean. I have a dehumidifier running down there now. I hit up Lowes for a pump to assist the sump pump should the need arise in the future. The local news just called this a 1 in a 1000 year event. All in all it was not too bad. 

Glad to hear that your issue / concern wasn't too bad to deal with. 👍

Went through a similar situation a while back and added a second "back-up" pump to our system here as well.

Although we haven't had any severe rain amounts which could lead to potential issues since. I still check both pumps on a regular basis to make certain I never have to worry about that again.

As far as my garage door issue from last night / tyhis morning, they came out and couldn't lift the door either, too much weight, but they were able to replace both door tension springs and get it back to fully functional.

I did check Google for expected life of the springs, and they state about 7 years is normal, so I should be set for a while, as the door is newer.

I just wondered why if they installed a new door, you would think that they would have considered replacing the springs at that time.

Lastly, Google replacement price estimates came in at about $600.00 total for parts and installation, and they did it for $408.00 total, so I was happy about that too.

A better end to the day for me than it started out to be. 😎

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

13 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Went through a similar situation a while back and added a second "back-up" pump to our system here as well.

Although we haven't had any severe rain amounts which could lead to potential issues since. I still check both pumps on a regular basis to make certain I never have to worry about that again.

As far as my garage door issue from last night / tyhis morning, they came out and couldn't lift the door either, too much weight, but they were able to replace both door tension springs and get it back to fully functional.

I did check Google for expected life of the springs, and they state about 7 years is normal, so I should be set for a while, as the door is newer.

I just wondered why if they installed a new door, you would think that they would have considered replacing the springs at that time.

Lastly, Google replacement price estimates came in at about $600.00 total for parts and installation, and they did it for $408.00 total, so I was happy about that too.

A bertter end to the day for me than it started out to be. 😎

I'm glad to hear they got the issue fixed with the garage door, Robert. It sounds like they gave you a good deal, too. 

3 hours ago, rkj427 said:

A bertter end to the day for me than it started out to be. 😎

Years ago in the ‘60s my dad worked for a garage door company in Troy, MI on Lincoln st/ave/Blvd. Name was something like Barry garage doors.  A few years ago the spring broke at our FL home.  A sticker on the door said it was manufactured at that same address. 

So back then, Barry supposedly invented the electronic garage door opener, and one day they filmed a tv commercial at our house and next door in Bloomfield Hills with Detroit lions.  Ray Lane did most of the narrative, but Gale Cogdill, Terry Barr, Joe Schmidt and Roger Brown each did a commercial with a guy on the roof simulating rain.  It took the better part of a day and they all played football with us and neighbor kids in our back yard.  Barry sold the company to Stanley Tools or Stanley Works. 
4340CD9E-3856-41DD-8E67-7CF8B52EEFF3.jpeg.2294a6873456ca0fbdf8c114be3ddb24.jpeg

E2B76689-B4F0-467D-9FCB-A48099399E0D.jpeg.3f3d81c95d5a366d40f5141c5e6e1525.jpeg

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

12 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Years ago in the ‘69s my dad worked for a garage door company in Troy, MI on Lincoln st/ave/Blvd. Name was something like Barry garage doors.  A few years ago the spring broke at our FL home.  A sticker on the door said it was manufactured at that same address. 

So back then, Barry supposedly invented the electronic garage door opener, and one day they filmed a tv commercial at our house and next door in Bloomfield Hills with Detroit lions.  Ray Lane did most of the narrative, but Gale Cogdill, Terry Barr, Joe Schmidt and Roger Briwn each did a commercial with a guy on the roof simulating rain.  It took the better part of a day and they all played football with us and neighbor kids in our back yard.  Barry sold the company to Stanley Tools or Stanley Works. 

Vaguely remember that.  I’m pretty sure Barry was merged in with Stanley Magic Door Division, I think that was in Forrestville/Plainville CT.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Vaguely remember that.  I’m pretty sure Barry was merged in with Stanley Magic Door Division, I think that was in Forrestville/Plainville CT.  

I believe you are correct and the move was to CT.  For awhile we had a for sale sign and told we were going to move, then my dad resigned so we ended up moving to East Lansing MI when he found a new job.  I believe the owners name was Dean Barry.  But doors still made at the old plant location, and I think my Fl door is a Delta door. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

26 minutes ago, GaryF said:

I believe you are correct and the move was to CT.  For awhile we had a for sale sign and told we were going to move, then my dad resigned so we ended up moving to East Lansing MI when he found a new job.  I believe the owners name was Dean Barry.  But doors still made at the old plant location, and I think my Fl door is a Delta door. 

Stanley Corp in that era were incredibly aggressive buying companies that had emerging technologies.  I had friends @ Magic Door, almost went to work for them.  
I can remember “stuff” from 60’s thru 2000’s but can’t remember 2 days ago😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 minute ago, mikeanthony said:

Good morning! Y’all, I slept like a baby last night!

In addition to golf, another sport I’m passionate about from a recreational/playing standpoint is soccer/fútbol. But with the weather having been so miserably hot all summer, I haven’t been able to get out to play pickup games in the area as often as I’d like. One of the benefits for me is that getting a good hour of pickup in just helps me burn off anxiety, stress and whatever else is on my mind … and all of that was beginning to build up. 

Got lucky in that the kiddo had a sleepover at a friend’s last night, so a 5-mile evening run for me it was … and damn did I have one of my best sleeps in a long time.

Carpe diem! 

Last time I visited Charleston... I ended up hanging out with the entire Battery supporter group at a tailgate before a game.  Sadly the game got lightningd out, but I had a blast.

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

1 minute ago, skraeling said:

Last time I visited Charleston... I ended up hanging out with the entire Battery supporter group at a tailgate before a game.  Sadly the game got lightningd out, but I had a blast.

Nice! And yes, the setup over at Patriots Point is a winner for sure. 🙌🏼 My daughter’s club attends a game or two each season and it’s always a good time. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

Just now, mikeanthony said:

Nice! And yes, the setup over at Patriots Point is a winner for sure. 🙌🏼 My daughter’s club attends a game or two each season and it’s always a good time. 

It all started after we hit a Turkish buffet and saw "The Rusty Bull" brewery across the street.  Walked over and saw a TON of USL gear on the walls.  Got to talking to one of the brewers there and he was like oh yeah... we make the golden boot ale for the team.  "Wanna go to a game?"  lol **** yes we do (Louligan here from the STLFC USL days).  Hes like ok cool theres a game the next day just show up and say we sent you.  someone will get you tickets.

Damn I need to go back there was such a lovely place.

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review