Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Stack Training System - 2023 Forum Member Review

GolfSpy BOS
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Testing Tracker Update:  Foundations Complete

image.png

Follow Testers main posts and progress via the links below!

@hckymeyer - Testing Post

@twyatt700 - Testing Post

@GregGarner - Testing Post

@DaveP043 - Testing Post

@Derek Lusk - Testing Post

@tdroma98Testing Post

I'm also on version 1.24 (493) of the stack app.  iOS version 17.3.1 

No issues with the app here

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

5 minutes ago, GregGarner said:

Too early to tell, tbh. What I'm hoping to do, longer-term, is a) get some insights about types of putts that I need to work on and b) get putter-specific data that compares strokes gained from one putter to another. I'll likely be solely in data capture mode for a while, particularly because you can't get the insights for putt type until you do a couple of the combines.

Not to sound like too much of a fanboi, but those are some of the main reasons I picked up the ExPutt 🙂

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz.1

No issues with the app today.  Did set two new PBs with the 195g though.

managed 107 espeed twice and 110!  Once.IMG_8615.png.4688707614a3c7983ad8a5753d5ec157.png

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

Started my Stack training today and am really excited about it. 

Had numbers to match @GolfSpy BOS which was kinds freaky, but overall really happy with day 1. 

I have definitely lost speed since stopping super speed and since I have a friend using that kit stack was a perfect change.

More to come!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Started my Stack training today and am really excited about it. 

Had numbers to match @GolfSpy BOS which was kinds freaky, but overall really happy with day 1. 

I have definitely lost speed since stopping super speed and since I have a friend using that kit stack was a perfect change.

More to come!

This is your first time using the Stack, right?  You're in the Foundations program?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Not my first rodeo with the Stack, but is this typical of everyone else’s experience in phase 2 of Full Speed Spectrum?  I’m really focusing on recovery and rest but so far after two workouts that now include lots of overload (heavy) training, my 195g speeds are taking a hit.  I’m confident it all pays off long term, just curious if everyone has experienced this too…

IMG_7104.png

Here’s the preview of my next FSS workout so you can see what I mean.  They’re pretty intense.

IMG_7105.png

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

18 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Not my first rodeo with the Stack, but is this typical of everyone else’s experience in phase 2 of Full Speed Spectrum?  I’m really focusing on recovery and rest but so far after two workouts that now include lots of overload (heavy) training, my 195g speeds are taking a hit.  I’m confident it all pays off long term, just curious if everyone has experienced this too…

IMG_7104.png

Here’s the preview of my next FSS workout so you can see what I mean.  They’re pretty intense.

IMG_7105.png

im at the exact same spot roughly.  Yeah FSS is pretty brutal with the weight sets.  Im having to take a week off as my elbow was bothering me (started before I even started stack) and I played two rounds friday and then saturday.  So giving it a time to calm down.  Somethings just inflamed becuase just a regular over the counter NSAID made it feel a TON better.    Stupid elbow I got speed gains to make!

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

I'm back at it again, after holidays and trips kind of forced some time away.  My progress check after finishing the Full Speed Spectrum was a little disappointing, but that WAS shortly after one of those extended breaks.  The system recommended that I repeat the FSS, and I just finished session 4.  Its interesting to compare my weight sets and performance to my first few FSS sessions back in December.  The weight sets are slightly different, but the "style" of the sessions is consistent.  My speeds were similar to those from the earlier sessions.  However, even after those extended breaks, I'm now back to very close to my peaks, and managed a personal best single swing with 195, the first time my eSpeed was over 100 mph.  🥳

For those just starting, I can say that MY speed gains weren't sudden and dramatic.  Its a process, not a quick fix, but the gains are definitely real.  I'm seeing it on the course with tee shots, and seeing it with irons.  I certainly had slumps, the graph definitely isn't linear, but I've definitely made progress, and plan ton continue.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

On 4/1/2024 at 1:33 PM, GolfSpy AFG said:

Oh yeah, those sessions make you TIRED. But they make you really focus on bringing max effort to every swing

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Poking back into 107 finally.espeedmar22.jpg.6b0ee92beb293677e710322ca8f9ed73.jpg

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

36 minutes ago, Alan Scalzi said:

Those numbers of improvement are really great, glad this worked out to help golfers. Wish it was also available for android users!

I bought a used iPad just for my review.  That was no big deal, since I got the rest of the stuff for the review for "free", but it might make me think twice if I had to add that cost to that of the Stack and launch monitor.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Were there any injuries while using the product? I was trying it indoors and ended up getting a back issue. I did not have this problem with superspeed. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

I started to read the reviews, but then realized that the Stack is only available for Apple. That's a hard NO for me. I'm not going back into fruitland jail. 🤦‍♂️ Are there any speed training systems that users would recommend for Android users?

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

3 minutes ago, VernL4 said:

I started to read the reviews, but then realized that the Stack is only available for Apple. That's a hard NO for me. I'm not going back into fruitland jail. 🤦‍♂️ Are there any speed training systems that users would recommend for Android users?

They have a waitlist for android at the moment is all unfortunately, kind of shocked they dont have that available still.  Why cut off 50% of a potential customer base?  Its a shame as the system really is very good.  Though needing someone whos not in the iOS ecosystem to require it sigh.  Thats an added expense to an already pretty expensive system.

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

On 4/8/2024 at 5:00 AM, paul6057 said:

Is the Stack system better than SuperSpeed, for those that have experience with both?

Much.  The app is the big difference in terms of the Stack tailoring the workouts to your needs, which it can do because of the ability of the club to vary swing weights.  SuperSpeed is just 3 fixed weights…it will work, but it’s not optimized at all.

Think of it this way:  take 2 guys, one is 6 feet tall and 200 pounds, the other is 5’8” and 165 pounds.  If they both went to a gym to workout and were told you can only use the 20 pound, 60 pound, and 100 pound weights, each of our lifters are going to capable of very different performance and will respond very differently to the training, because it’s not optimized training specific to their capabilities.  That’s what SuperSpeed is.

1 minute ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Much.  The app is the big difference in terms of the Stack tailoring the workouts to your needs, which it can do because of the ability of the club to vary swing weights.  SuperSpeed is just 3 fixed weights…it will work, but it’s not optimized at all.

Think of it this way:  take 2 guys, one is 6 feet tall and 200 pounds, the other is 5’8” and 165 pounds.  If they both went to a gym to workout and were told you can only use the 20 pound, 60 pound, and 100 pound weights, each of our lifters are going to capable of very different performance and will respond very differently to the training, because it’s not optimized training specific to their capabilities.  That’s what SuperSpeed is.

That said ANY speed training is beneficial.  Ill echo what others have said, "I really wish I had started this a lot sooner".

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

On 4/1/2024 at 12:33 PM, GolfSpy AFG said:

I took a big hit in the middle, then out of nowhere hit some PR's with 195g.  Had two sessions in a row where a single swing hit 119mph and 120mph with the 195g.  I really wish I could replicate whatever feels I had during those two sessions but it hasn't come back yet 🙂

IMG_6120.jpg.ab0525e0dd9f5d8aba375e3775d1424d.jpg

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

On 4/8/2024 at 5:00 AM, paul6057 said:

Is the Stack system better than SuperSpeed, for those that have experience with both?

I've done both. It's hard to say if one is 'better' than the other if you're religiously using both. The biomechanics of overspeed/underspeed training and swinging with maximum intent will work for either, but The Stack has a few more bells and whistles. I think the key differentiator (and why I sold my SuperSpeed sticks to keep The Stack) is the app. I've had some issues with the new version of the app, as posted earlier in this thread, but overall, the app is a strong product offering that improves your training experience. The Grit Score (a measure of how well you're sticking to the program) is very motivating for me and helps me to prioritize my training in a way that I often didn't stick with as well when I was doing SuperSpeed.

For those with high levels of self-discipline and/or self-motivation, I don't think you can go wrong either way. If you need a little more support in sticking with your training, you might get more benefit from The Stack. But it does come at a pretty significant price difference.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

When you dont notice it says step so you take a swing like you normal would and swing the driver equivalent of the fastest youve ever swung a club.  108 is just mental (for me).  Also.... im so bad im faster with a non step swing than with one 😐434376621_2032451220482412_133227299607061157_n.jpg.a126b3aac625da9edd8b05ef473d009e.jpg

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered the Stack System and am excited / terrified to try it. Haha. Quick Q for users. What are the top 1-3 words of advice would you have to a new user?

For background I have a decent general workout routine — three days cardio, two days upper body strength workouts, and one day lower body strength workout. I also incorporate stretching.

Thanks in advance!

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black