Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Do you have a golf trip planned? Let's hear all about it!

An acquaintance who I've occasionally played golf with was recently in touch. Seems his friend that he planned to go on a golf trip with was on the fence and I was asked to be the backup. <<humbling, I know>> 
I said sure without knowing much detail on it figuring his friend would more than likely still go.
Lo and behold I get a message very quickly that he was out and I was in.

When I think "golf trip" I think of a bunch of guys but come to find out that it was just the 2 of them and he'd already paid for 2 people.

I talked it over with the wife who of course said... it's up to you. (if that isn't a loaded answer!)

I thought about it and decided that this year I'm all about experiences so I dove in.

It's at sea island resort March 13-17 and we are playing the 3 courses.  https://www.seaisland.com/golf/
The place looks amazing and I can't wait!

If you've played there and have some tips I'd love to hear em.

image.png.b1f28b8dcdb70a6782d27c37f160b44e.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I have always wanted to go to Sea Island, so I am interested to hear about your experience!

We have an annual golf trip and this is the 4th year we have done it. 12 guys. We do a cheaper trip every other year and a nicer trip the other years. This year is a little nicer. We are going to St. George, Utah and playing Sand Hollow, The Ledges of St. George, Coral Canyon, and finishing up in Mesquite and playing Wolf Creek with a night in Vegas after that. Going in late April so hopefully the weather is great. I’ve never played desert golf so I am pumped for the opportunity!IMG_2854.jpeg.503b128e056eb14538e64878d28c49ca.jpeg

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

1 hour ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

I have always wanted to go to Sea Island, so I am interested to hear about your experience!

We have an annual golf trip and this is the 4th year we have done it. 12 guys. We do a cheaper trip every other year and a nicer trip the other years. This year is a little nicer. We are going to St. George, Utah and playing Sand Hollow, The Ledges of St. George, Coral Canyon, and finishing up in Mesquite and playing Wolf Creek with a night in Vegas after that. Going in late April so hopefully the weather is great. I’ve never played desert golf so I am pumped for the opportunity!IMG_2854.jpeg.503b128e056eb14538e64878d28c49ca.jpeg

WOW! this looks spectacular. I would love to play golf in Utah. 

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

My brother and I are going to the  Myrtle Beach area again in February over Presidents Day.  We like to go then, we do run the risk of only 50's  in South Carolina then, but being year round golfers here in northeast Ohio,  it really feels like we are getting one over on Old Man Winter, when we can have single digit temps, with 15 inches of snow on the ground.

We are playing 6 courses, 4 new ones for us.  Myrtlewood Palmetto & Pinehills, Pine Lake, and Long Bay.  Two others we have played previously River Hills, and Eagle's Nest!

Anyone have input on our 4 new ones?   We were getting into a rut, so we've decided to have at least a couple new ones for a while at least.

COURSE REVIEW FROM THIS TRIP.

The Long Bay Club: Jack Nicklaus course:  The price was not bad $60 , and it was an exceptional looking course.  I have to be honest, this course was more difficult than I like.  Bunkers fronting, almost every green, all tucked pins.  The greens while enlarged recently, are all  Long, and very narrow, and offset at an angle, or perpendicular to the fairway you are approaching from.  Waste area, and multiple fairway bunkers, on each side of the fairway on most holes. 42-53=95...4/14 Fairway,   3/18 GIR.  2 Penalty

Eagles Nest:   Price was great, in the inexpensive side. , and this is a very playable course.  Has sand as all MB courses do. Is open in front of greens, and pretty wide open, very playable.  39/43=82...9/14 Fairway.  11/18 GIR. 2 Penalty

River Hills:  Very nice, and another on inexpensive side.   More difficult than Eagles Nest, more water in play.  One time before I shot 95 with 7 penalties.  It is a challenge, but not as bad as I remember.  43/45=88.  8/14 Fairway.  4/18 GIR.  5 Penalty(note: 2 were complete crap shot mis-hits on par 3's, and 2 were overswing duck hooks off the tee that had no chance to not find water).

Myrtlewood Palmetto:  Nice course but honestly at close to 90$ I believe it was over-priced.  I would play Rivers Edge similar price every time over Palmetto.  40/47=87... 9/14 Fairway.  6/18 GIR.  2 Penalty.

Shaftsbury Glen: Great Course! 90$ish  Unfortunately the secluded nature, and very few house view while playing will soon be replaced with homes, and construction , as land being cleared around it. Believe some greens, tee boxes, and a few greens will have to be moved.  REALLY SAD.  Very playable greens elevated to avoid flooding, must use extra club to get up on green, everything else stops dead, if short.                                         50/39=89 (Front not really that hard, [(3) 3 putt 6's on 4's, and 5 and 7 on par 3's]... 9/14 Fairways.  7/18 GIR.  0 Penalties.

Couple of notes:   Almost all courses are using split tees.  So if less than foursome you have no way to play quickly.  In fact at Shaftsbury guy told us to take our time, and play slow.  We can't tee off on 10 until all morning tee times went off on back.  We hooked up with the last single on 10  so it made the back nine  more reasonable.  If we have only 2 players, we will look for early tee time, on continuous 18 hole layouts, we know of a few.  Palmetto is actually one, Lockwood Folly, and Links at Brick Landing are two others.

One other thing with split tees.  I would suggest this if you are planning on playing again, or in our case there are two courses at Myrtlewood, Pinehills the other course was using split tees.  So at some point of the morning they determined that split tees was no longer going to be necessary, or were not filled.  Because we finished on other course at 1115.   The first tee time we could get, for afternoon play with split tees is 1300, which should be first off in afternoon.  However after eating, a continuous stream of people dropping bags off and going to tee were observed  between 1130 and 1300, it was clear they were not waiting until 1300, for the afternoon tee times.    Myrtlewood, is near downtown MB, and very busy, I would avoid for afternoon play. 

Edited by Stuka44

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

13 minutes ago, US_Navy_Retired said:

I just booked Pebble/Spyglass for next month.

We're staying at the lodge. Booked a caddie for both rounds also.

Super pricey for sure but I cannot wait. 

For those that have played, I'm an 11'ish HC, what tee's should I play, golds or whites?

At my wife's insistence, we're going to Pebble Beach in February.  As you say, its really pricey, even more so with two golfers.  Staying at Spanish Bay and playing Pebble, Spyglass, and Spanish Bay.  This will be at the end of our yearly visit to stay with friends in Palm Springs.

Beyond that, we'll be volunteer marshals for the US Open in Pinehurst, and we'll be in the Pinehurst area around Thanksgiving.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

16 minutes ago, US_Navy_Retired said:

For those that have played, I'm an 11'ish HC, what tee's should I play, golds or whites?

Bucket list getting a ✅ !! awesome

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

At my wife's insistence, we're going to Pebble Beach in February.  As you say, its really pricey, even more so with two golfers.  Staying at Spanish Bay and playing Pebble, Spyglass, and Spanish Bay.  This will be at the end of our yearly visit to stay with friends in Palm Springs.

Beyond that, we'll be volunteer marshals for the US Open in Pinehurst, and we'll be in the Pinehurst area around Thanksgiving.  

My wife plays also but thankfully I was able to convince her that $625 is a bit much for her to top the ball 40 yards down the fairway at a time.....haha

she will walk with me of course and no doubt take plenty of pictures. 

Driver: Callaway Paradyme Smoke Max, 9* stiff flex

5 wood: Sub 70

7 wood: Sub 70

Driving 2 iron: PXG 0311 X, reg flex steel

5-PW: Callaway Paradyme, 1/2" over, neutral lie, reg flex.

50/54/58 deg wedges: Sub 70

Putter: PXG GEN 1 Brandon, 35" shaft.

Ball: Vice Pro Zero

On 1/10/2024 at 9:33 AM, StrokerAce said:

Bucket list getting a ✅ !! awesome

Absolutely!

How do I get that "veteran" banner that you have?

Driver: Callaway Paradyme Smoke Max, 9* stiff flex

5 wood: Sub 70

7 wood: Sub 70

Driving 2 iron: PXG 0311 X, reg flex steel

5-PW: Callaway Paradyme, 1/2" over, neutral lie, reg flex.

50/54/58 deg wedges: Sub 70

Putter: PXG GEN 1 Brandon, 35" shaft.

Ball: Vice Pro Zero

Just now, US_Navy_Retired said:

Absolutely!

How do I get that "veteran" banner that you have?

Just message @GolfSpy_APH and he can add it for you!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Hoping that I will be able to get into the VGA tournament in New York at bethpage red and black. Its a tuesday wednesday and would travel up on the Monday and get a round in somewhere. It is the week after the MGS trip so if I am able to register before its full it will take some sting out of not being able to make it to VA

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

In 2023 I booked a trip for my 50th birthday to Myrtle Beach and played TPC Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach National West and World Golf Links. Every summer I book a guys trip with 8 friends to Wild Horse in central Nebraska for three days. This year I’m organizing a meet up at Wild Horse (and two other courses) and then have my guys trip again planned for early August. I’m also heading out to Bandon Dunes in early June to play golf and visit family. Great excuse to drive across the country for some amazing golf. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

On 1/10/2024 at 10:28 AM, Stuka44 said:

We are playing 6 courses, 4 new ones for us.  Myrtlewood Palmetto & Pinehills, Pine Lake, and Long Bay.  Two others we have played previously River Hills, and Eagle's Nest!

Anyone have input on our 4 new ones?   We were getting into a rut, so we've decided to have at least a couple new ones for a while at least.

I’ve played Pine Lakes (The Grand Daddy) and Long Bay. Both very good choices. Both very well maintained. Been a while for Long Bay but I always remember driving carts right through waste areas that look like big giant bunkers. It’s one of Jacks courses.
image.png.89b4822627efc118378b08fd0a9424b9.png

I enjoyed both courses. My boss just played Pine Lakes and was raving about it when he got back. I think it was the first course built in MB. I was treated like a king when I played it. But a friend hooked me up with the pro. Watch the water on the left off the first tee. If I remember correctly there was a freaking deep pot bunker short of the green on the 5th hole. I just remember it was sort of in the middle of the front 9. 
Greens were relatively quick on both courses.

I was scheduled to play the Myrtlewood courses but I got rained out. They will be easier for sure. They are family friendly courses with wide fairways and a lot of tee box locations.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

A few upcoming trips...

Going to Raleigh in Feb with my wife for a few days and plan to golf once, hopefully twice.

Going on the next MGS Meet-Up in May in VA.

Hoping to be able to make it to Preeway's NE outing in July.

As yet unplanned trip in mid-August with my honey for our anniversary.

And .. if we can include someday bucket list courses .. someday want to spend a week at Bandon and get out on each course....

Edited by cksurfdude
typo

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, Preeway said:

In 2023 I booked a trip for my 50th birthday to Myrtle Beach and played TPC Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach National West and World Golf Links. Every summer I book a guys trip with 8 friends to Wild Horse in central Nebraska for three days. This year I’m organizing a meet up at Wild Horse (and two other courses) and then have my guys trip again planned for early August. I’m also heading out to Bandon Dunes in early June to play golf and visit family. Great excuse to drive across the country for some amazing golf. 

Myrtle beach is a great place for a buddies trip!  In 2002 I went to Myrtle with a friend of mine from ABQ for his 50th birthday,  Four of us played 10 courses in 6 days... and it rained every day!!  But it was a lot of fun.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 1/10/2024 at 7:32 AM, DaveP043 said:

Congratulations on getting to Pebble Beach; should be a blast!!  See you in Palm Springs... my wife and I will be there Feb 13-27.  Her brother from Seattle is flying down for a few days and her other brother from Surprise, AZ is driving over for a family reunion.  

Also, my wife and I are signed up for the 2024 MGS Outing at Kingsmill Resort in VA on May 20-June 2.  We will be driving across the country, so look for us coming to a town near you.  We will be visiting friend in TN and GA on the trip as well as stopping along the way to play a round somewhere.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Myrtle beach is a great place for a buddies trip!  In 2002 I went to Myrtle with a friend of mine from ABQ for his 50th birthday,  Four of us played 10 courses in 6 days... and it rained every day!!  But it was a lot of fun.

would have been a lot more fun as a buddies trip instead of just playing solo. It was still a great experience and want to go back soon. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g

12 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I’ve played Pine Lakes

Ok thanks for all the info.  Now I am sad that we switched off  of Pine Lakes.  We had a 0945 tee time there, and its on our last day.  We wanted to keep the possibility of playing another 18 on the last day  a little more open,  so I had our  guy  switch us out to Shaftsbury Glen for an 8 AM tee time.  

Well now that I think of it, if we can get in at Pine Lakes in the Afternoon on the last day, seems like one we should play!!

Edited by Stuka44

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 minute ago, Stuka44 said:

Ok thanks for all the info.  Now I am sad that we switched off  of Pine Lakes.  We had a 0945 tee time there, and its on our last day.  We wanted to keep the possibility of playing another 18 on the last day open a little more open,  so I had our  guy  switch us out to Shaftsbury Glen for an 8 AM tee time.

Shaftsbury Glen is also very good. It is a somewhat copy of Bethpage Black in layout but less some of the elevation changes. I enjoyed it and would go back. Right next to it is World Tour.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

See you in Palm Springs... my wife and I will be there Feb 13-27.

We arrive on 2/12, and stay through 2/17 before heading north.  We might have a spot available on Tuesday or Wednesday (2/13 or 2/14), send a PM if you're interested in joining us.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

48 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Shaftsbury Glen is also very good. It is a somewhat copy of Bethpage Black in layout but less some of the elevation changes. I enjoyed it and would go back. Right next to it is World Tour.

Shaftsbury is a favorite to play on our myrtle trips.  I never knew it was close in design to bethpage black. 

It has been quite a few years since the last trip but i do remember one green was about 4 clubs in difference from front to back.  My dad had a putt from the front of the green to a back pin and we offered him a relay man to get it there!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

4 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

We arrive on 2/12, and stay through 2/17 before heading north.  We might have a spot available on Tuesday or Wednesday (2/13 or 2/14), send a PM if you're interested in joining us.  

Would love to but we don't arrive until late afternoon on 2/13 and we have to pick up my BIL at the airport arriving from Seattle on 2/14.  I probably won't get a round in until the 15th. 

Have a great trip!!

On 1/10/2024 at 9:16 AM, US_Navy_Retired said:

They heavily suggest that folks play from the white tees at Pebble. It’s not for length, the course is rather short, but for pace of play. 

Have a blast and take lots of pictures!

We are doing a fairly local golf trip in the summer to the Santa Barbara / Solvang area - Rustic Canyon and Ojai/Soule Park on the way up, Sandpiper, and narrowing down some others in the SLO/Solvang area.  Was supposed to be a Pasatiempo trip, but we read they are doing some renovations this year so we are waiting on that.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

So get this- one of my best friends dad wants to do a Bandon trip with him and his brother in law. They want a 4th they know so they don’t get the random single person to play with so he messages me over thanksgiving to see if I’ve be interested. The trip in going to be in March 2025. Obviously I say yes without hesitation. Over Christmas we’re all hanging out, he a his wife are laughing at my response of a simple “yes” to their offer with no prior questions about cost, dates, or other details. My wife then asks the obvious question- how much is this going to cost. In my head I’m thinking of Mastercard “Priceless” but they my buddy says all you need to cover is booze and food. The jokes follow of his dad telling him he can’t afford my bar tab, but at this point I’m blown away. So to answer your question, I’m getting a mostly free Bandon trip in 2025. Pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

That is awesome! Spring weather on the Oregon coast can be anywhere from mild to nasty, as I’m sure you know, but that wouldn’t make me hesitate to also say yes. Enjoy your trip!

On 1/9/2024 at 12:16 PM, Ben_Howell34 said:

Play Black Desert or Copper Rock instead of Coral Canyon, You’ll thank me later!!!!

31 minutes ago, Zambo42 said:

Play Black Desert or Copper Rock instead of Coral Canyon, You’ll thank me later!!!!

Well Copper Rock is hosting a tourney as that was our first choice. And it’s already booked ha. Coral decent? Heard it is tough. 

Edited by Ben_Howell34

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

On 1/10/2024 at 10:28 AM, Stuka44 said:

My brother and I are going to the  Myrtle Beach area again in February over Presidents Day.  We like to go then, we do run the risk of only 50's  in South Carolina then, but being year round golfers here in northeast Ohio,  it really feels like we are getting one over on Old Man Winter, when we can have single digit temps, with 15 inches of snow on the ground.

I’ve not been to Myrtle in a dozen years or so, but back when we used to go every year, Long bay was one of my favorites!  It was a beautiful course and always in great shape back then. 

Jnr

Going to Scotland for the first time in September.  Solo trip.  

• Day 1 - assuming I’m not trashed by the flight a warm-up round Anstruther, a neat little nine holer on the coast near St. Andrews.
  • Day 2 -Elie
  • Day 3 - Old Course (overnight queue)
  • Day 4 - New Course (or Old if I don’t get on the day before)
  • Day 5 - Eden or Jubilee (or Old if it still hasn’t worked out) or a rest day if needed.
  • Day 6 - Gullane #3 and Old Musselburgh
  • Day 7 -North Berwick