Different sims

Hey spies.

I was looking around the south LA area for sims and there is really only 1 Trackman (outdoor) within a reasonable distance with the traffic. Are there other sim facilities besides Trackman? I tried doing a bit of research but I wasn't finding much except a couple of bars where there is a sim or two for fun. 

Thanks guys! 

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33
If this has been referenced, please redirect. Thanks guys!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

4 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Hey spies.

I was looking around the south LA area for sims and there is really only 1 Trackman (outdoor) within a reasonable distance with the traffic. Are there other sim facilities besides Trackman? I tried doing a bit of research but I wasn't finding much except a couple of bars where there is a sim or two for fun. 

Thanks guys! 

I’ll ask a question that may help people answer.  What are you looking to accomplish on a “sim”? When I hear sim I think you want to play simulated golf rounds.   Then you mentioned outdoor trackman which is used to assess ball and club metrics.   

I’ll throw in; knowing that you are a beginner,  wonder what you are trying to accomplish.  Launch monitors are great but not really necessary to build golf swing skills.   If you can go to a driving range or even your backyard, there are lots of drills and stations you can do to improve.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I’ll ask a question that may help people answer.  What are you looking to accomplish on a “sim”? When I hear sim I think you want to play simulated golf rounds.   Then you mentioned outdoor trackman which is used to assess ball and club metrics.   

I’ll throw in; knowing that you are a beginner,  wonder what you are trying to accomplish.  Launch monitors are great but not really necessary to build golf swing skills.   If you can go to a driving range or even your backyard, there are lots of drills and stations you can do to improve.  

I guess, as I live in an apartment complex, a place indoors where I can go to practice on weekends like this where it is going to be rained in. I would totally set up a pad and net if I could here in the place but it's a no go. 

Long story short, I am going to miss practicing for 4 days. 

WITB

just to continue on with what @cnosil mentioned regarding sims/metrics,etc -- as a newer golfer I would not get too caught up in the 'numbers' aspect of things like launch, spin, attack angle, etc.

I would work on good face contact and you don't need a sim or trackman to do that. 
put down a towel and try to hit the ball without hitting the towel.
get some foot spray and spray the face of your iron and try to strike the middle consistently.

once you get your ball striking down then it would be a good time to see how you're striking it using the statistics you get from devices

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I'll add another dimension to the responses. First to answer your question - if you're looking to just play, another Sim indoor franchise is Golfzone. I actually worked at one in Ohio a couple of years ago and I understand that it's one of the popular franchises. 

As to best way to know what the actual data points are, I think it varies between golfers. I hate hitting into a screen indoors which skews my numbers - doesn't matter whether it was at the Golfzone SIM, a big box store or at Club Champion. But that's just me. My fitter in Ohio uses a trackman but he has a fitting room with a garage door - so you end up hitting balls outside. Either way it's a way to get a benchmark or starting point for improvement. From there you can follow the advice that @cnosil and others offered. 

Lastly, I don't think Sim play is an accurate representation of what play would be like on a real course simply because they can't factor in environmental conditions. Maybe if they brough in Bermuda rough, dry or wet conditions, had a fan blowing at 15 mph, etc, etc. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

42 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I guess, as I live in an apartment complex, a place indoors where I can go to practice on weekends like this where it is going to be rained in. I would totally set up a pad and net if I could here in the place but it's a no go. 

Long story short, I am going to miss practicing for 4 days. 

Any driving ranges near you?   Some are often covered to shelter and you from the rain.   Check at golf stores like PGA Superstore, golf galaxy, etc. the often rent out space to hit/practice.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Any driving ranges near you?   Some are often covered to shelter and you from the rain.   Check at golf stores like PGA Superstore, golf galaxy, etc. the often rent out space to hit/practice.  

Most of the ranges are not covered which is why I was in a pickle but the PGA Superstore is close, I will check as that didn't even register in my head. As always thanks for the advice! You're a wizard 🧙‍♂️

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33
Close* not closed.

WITB

2ndswing has bays for rent.

unless one knows how to read and interpret the numbers from trackman or other monitors and then how to make changes based on that info renting a bay with a monitor isn’t very productive.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

6 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

2ndswing has bays for rent.

unless one knows how to read and interpret the numbers from trackman or other monitors and then how to make changes based on that info renting a bay with a monitor isn’t very productive.

Oh definitely, that's my bad. By sim, definitely just indoor practice but having screen just to see the ball fly would be nice but not necessary. I wasn't looking to tweak my swing or anything of the sort, I am still in the process of building A SWING, let alone a new one lol. I appreciate it, no 2nd swings in California but @cnosil was spot on with the PGA Superstore. Thanks!

WITB