Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What is your greatest golf memory?

TSauer

After learning about how the Ghost Golf name was created, I am now curious to hear what some of your most memorable golf moments are.

Was it your first round under par, a bucket list course, or maybe the elusive hole in one? Let's hear it.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I'll throw in my best-ish memory... that being a hole in one. The reason I say "ish" is because it was during a solo round... which is not near as exciting as it could have been. Luckily, there were a couple other guys on the course that I grabbed before I even drove down to the hole.

I have a couple of memories that have stuck with me:

• Being one of the last few people to play Oak Hill before it was closed before the 1995 Ryder Cup.  I also worked security at that event.
  • Breaking 80 for the first time.  I was living in Rochester, New York and flirted breaking 80 too many times.  It was late November (11/20/94 to be exact) on a usually warm fall day.  I shot 78.  It was warm again the next weekend and broke 80 again (79) on a different course.  When it rains, it pours!
  • This one is memorable but not in the best way.  I was on a five-day golf holiday in Mrytle Beach with 11 other guys.  On the first hole fairway on the third day, I was hit in the nose on the fly by an errant golf shot from a friend in my foursome.   The ball flew from the rough across the fairway, missed the cart driver (who's nose was and still is bigger than mine) and caught me right on the nose.  Luckily, I lost my glasses in the airport and had my contacts in or it could have been much worse.  I felt something, looked down and I was bleeding so bad I thought I might be shot!  I made it back to the makeshift clubhouse, packed my face in ice and waited for my guys to make the turn.  I grabbed the car keys and drove myself to the hospital where they confirmed my nose was broken.   By now, my eyes were swollen shut and I was so black and blue, I looked like a raccoon.  They told me to get some Afrin to help close the blood vessels, take some aspirin and sent me on my way.  That night I called my wife and told her I was fine.  She panicked and asked what happened.  As soon as I told her I got hit with a golf ball, she started to laugh uncontrollably!  
Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

34 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

I have a couple of memories that have stuck with me:

• Being one of the last few people to play Oak Hill before it was closed before the 1995 Ryder Cup.  I also worked security at that event.
  • Breaking 80 for the first time.  I was living in Rochester, New York and flirted breaking 80 too many times.  It was late November (11/20/94 to be exact) on a usually warm fall day.  I shot 78.  It was warm again the next weekend and broke 80 again (79) on a different course.  When it rains, it pours!
  • This one is memorable but not in the best way.  I was on a five-day golf holiday in Mrytle Beach with 11 other guys.  On the first hole fairway on the third day, I was hit in the nose on the fly by an errant golf shot from a friend in my foursome.   The ball flew from the rough across the fairway, missed the cart driver (who's nose was and still is bigger than mine) and caught me right on the nose.  Luckily, I lost my glasses in the airport and had my contacts in or it could have been much worse.  I felt something, looked down and I was bleeding so bad I thought I might be shot!  I made it back to the makeshift clubhouse, packed my face in ice and waited for my guys to make the turn.  I grabbed the car keys and drove myself to the hospital where they confirmed my nose was broken.   By now, my eyes were swollen shut and I was so black and blue, I looked like a raccoon.  They told me to get some Afrin to help close the blood vessels, take some aspirin and sent me on my way.  That night I called my wife and told her I was fine.  She panicked and asked what happened.  As soon as I told her I got hit with a golf ball, she started to laugh uncontrollably!  

Okay, those first two are pretty awesome. Hopefully you’ve flirted with breaking 70 since then. That third thing… ouch. I couldn’t imagine taking one across the nose! Did you at least get to golf the other two days of the trip?

2 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Okay, those first two are pretty awesome. Hopefully you’ve flirted with breaking 70 since then. That third thing… ouch. I couldn’t imagine taking one across the nose! Did you at least get to golf the other two days of the trip?

I'm not good enough to break 70 (but thanks for thinking that).  The best I've ever shot is 76 a couple of times which I know is better than most.

Yes, I did play the following two days.  The fact that I was young and stupid is an understatement!  The "tournament committee" met that night and agreed to give me two extra strokes for the last two days.  My eyes were swollen shut and I was paranoid of being hit again!  I guess being able to see the ball is grossly overrated!  I told them I'd hate to see what would have to happen to me to get two a side!   As bad as it was, on the last day I was paired with the guy that hit me.  It freaked him out so much, he couldn't hit a shot all day!

When I made it home my wife took one look at me and burst into laughter again.  She took a close look and said "now you can go and pick out the nose from a catalog that you want."  That never happened!  I wear my nose like a badge of honor!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

My best memory is playing the Cheyenne County Club with some good friends of mine. It was my first time playing it and I was still on active duty. Anyway, the first hole is a slight dogleg left par 5 and we teed off from the tips. We all hit our drives and I was in pretty good position down the left side but I had some tall pines blocking my view of the hole. I was about 220 out and the trees were probably around 150 from my lie. So I took a 5 iron to get enough height and good length over the trees just hoping to run it up to the green. I adjusted to add more height on the ball, and whack! I pured it and instantly thought oh my gosh it’s gonna fly the green. You know the feeling…blasting a shot and knowing you kaboomed it. I saw it bounce once and disappear. I’m thinking it’s over the green so I immediately start the walk of disbelief. I walked over the green and started searching. My buddies started helping me look except Jeff. He casually walked over to the hole, unbeknownst to us, filming with his phone. He must have seen it and kept his mouth shut because he knew it was in the hole and I’d just scored an albatross. I used to have that video but that was years ago. That’s my one and only albatross but we all talk about that day and how I sucked for about three holes after that because I was so excited! That’s a good memory!

Edited by Erin B
Word

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

Best memory so far is a story time moment. 2020 started and I had signed up to be a volunteer for the players championship. I chose to be a driver getting people to and from the airport if need be. It was the first time I was going to be a driver so I didn’t expect much work, but I got in free everyday. Thursday came and every sport was getting put on hold. Well no driving for me that day either but I got to watch some of the first day. It was about 930 that night and I got a message saying not to show up to volunteer as more info would be sent out when they had it. I was on leave for that weekend anyway so no bother to me. About a hour ish after that message they cancelled the tournament. We all had expected to still be going to volunteer until then. Fun fact, Hideki had shot like a 62 and was leading after that first day. Anyway, everything was shut down. And slowly golf came back to being able to be played and I was out learning to play more and more. Fast forward to August of 2020 and me and a work friend who volunteered remembered we were able to go play TPC Sawgrass Stadium course for 35 bucks cause we were volunteers that year. First tee I hit my drive 80 yards short of the green. Pulled my next into the bunker left. Then miraculously got it out and had 8 feet for par. Sunk the putt to start even. Then the wheels fell off until the 17th. Hit me tee shot and thought I flew the island into the water. My buddy in the pic was walking down the path to the green and told me to stop, my ball was up there. Two putt par. 18 was the last of the wheels having fell off. But I will never forget that round. Best time ever shooting a 135. Would do it all over again.IMG_0992.jpeg.101bf4ea5ea1272104d4febf98484a13.jpeg

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

My first, and so far, only Ace. Luckily, I got mine early. It only took my 45th season playing this game. 😆 

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen6 TT Riptide CB 60 s

3 Wood: Ping G430 max Alta CB 65 s

Hybrids: Ping G430 19, 22, 26 Alta CB 70 s

Irons: Mizuno JPX923 forged 6-Gap TT DG 105 s

Wedges: Mizuno S23 54, 58 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron SS Golo 6.5

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130S

Electronics: Bushnell Tour V6 shift, Golf Buddy aim 11  

My best memory is simply a shot. I've shot under par many times, under 30 on 9, back to back eagles, hole in ones, played TPC courses, parred 17 from the pot bunker at Sawgrass, all kinds of stuff.

But my best memory HANDS DOWN was in the final round of a local tournament. The previous times I played this course I would hit a high fade over the trees to cut the corner of this short dogleg right par 5. It had a pond right in front of the green, so it was best to go at it with a short iron or you needed to lay up. I aimed just left of the corner to hit my high fade and I double crossed it....pull hook. So instead of having 135 left like the previous two rounds, I was 195 into the wind needing to go straight over the pond.

I pulled 5 iron, my opponent asked, "you going for it"? Yep. Knock down shot into the wind I can stop it. 

He actually said, "it's not the wind that's going to get you" and pulled away.

I pulled the trigger and immediately thought it's either close or in the water. It bounced and dunk, right in for a double eagle. I won the tournament by 3. The amount of that single shot.

The course did something nice. Besides winning 1st in the tourney, 1st in the calcutta and a set of Titleist DCI irons, they got me this plaque. He called me a couple of weeks later and told me I forgot something. So a week or so later, I went up there and this plaque was what i "forgot". 

That ball is the actual ball as I had put it back in my bag after the shot. It's a Titleist Professional 100.

Screenshot_20240306_070624_Messages.jpg

Edited by shailey

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1: Paradym Smoke Ai Triple Diamond Kaili White 60X

3 Wood:   :callaway-logo-1: Paradym Smoke Ai Triple Diamond Project X Denali 70X

5 Wood:   :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha (2004 model) w/Aldila ATX Tour Blue 85TX

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: TSi2 21⁰ Hybrid w/Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X

Irons:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex Pro '24 4-PW w/KBS Tour-V 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Tour Rack Raw 50, 56 and 60 w/Dynamic Gold S400.

Putter:  image.png.f982a1cda34892094275907ab80330c5.png Frontline Elite Elevado Custom Face Balanced Single Bend

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

https://www.daltongcc.org/

21 hours ago, TSauer said:

After learning about how the Ghost Golf name was created, I am now curious to hear what some of your most memorable golf moments are.

Was it your first round under par, a bucket list course, or maybe the elusive hole in one? Let's hear it.

My best golf moment was in 2014 when I got my first ever hole in one.It cost me 40.00 dollars for drinks.

My best and my favorite are 2 different moments.

Favorite- playing a round of golf with my son, who never swung a club before. Showing him some basics, and let him practice a bit before playing. No expectations were present, and it was simply an opportunity for me to share with him what brings me joy these days. (We've had many moments like this in life (camping, motorcycles, traveling, etc) but this was new for him too.  He did amazing and was never once frustrated out there.

Best- my first eagle. Had only played a couple of rounds at that point, and in some bizarre fluke ended up on the green in 2. Was only a foot from the pin.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

My most memorable (not best) golf moment is actually my unluckiest hole ever. It was a par 5 eighteenth hole with a 20 man skins game. Which we found out later would have been the only skin of the day with just a par. That never happens on a par 5 as there are several low single digit handicap players. Birdies seldom win on par 5’s. As for me, I very seldom win a skin because I only get a few birdies a round. I’m the guy they take because I’m pretty much a donator. Well, I bombed my drive and was about 30 yards past everyone. Believe me that never happens. (You know how sometimes when you pull it, you crush it.) Unfortunately, that pull left me in the left rough but worse than that there was an outcrop of trees that stuck out between the green and I. No way to punch out or hook around it as I would actually have had to punch backwards about 30 yards which would leave me no chance to get on in 3. When we got down there I couldn’t believe it, but there was about a 10 foot in diameter opening right in line with the green through those trees about 230 out. If I hit it it perfectly I could get to the green or very close. I had no choice. I lined up, swung and with perfect contact my ball screamed right through the middle of that opening. My buddy yelled, “you crushed that”. Mind you it was a beautiful day without even a small breeze. As I watched my ball flying right through the middle of that circular opening out of nowhere a branch falls from above and hits my ball in midair. I just stood there mouth agape staring at my buddies as they all stared back at me in disbelief. Of course, the silence didn’t last long as naturally they all started laughing hysterically. I may not have birdied or parred the hole for the skin but my short game is my strength if I have one. Obviously, I didn’t win the skins and I am reminded of that shot almost every round or get together since then. They make it the most memorable. 

Edited by Willie13

Callaway Epic Driver 9*
Callaway Epic Flash 3w 

Callaway Epic 5w 

Callaway Epic Star 4H

PXG 0211 4-GW

Odyssey o works 7 putter

Shooting even par in the first round of the stroke play club championship as an 11 hdcp.  When everything goes your way, it's hard to express the elation.   I didn't win, the second day was good, but not good enough...  but the memory of having my best round ever is a great memory....    thanks 

This is a fun topic.  Enjoy reading everyone’s comments.  I’ll add my top 3:

1)  My first Hole in One while golfing with my youngest son.  He was on the High School team and we were on the 16th hole of the evening, a par 3 of 158 yards.  Hit just above the hole and rolled ( I was always say spun) back in to the hole.  It was the first HOI either of us had experienced.  

2)  After my late wife passed, I met a lady for coffee and then went out to play a round.  I shot a 78 and was hitting shots even I couldn’t believe.  I thought she must be very special and we married 18 months later.   

3)  Playing Whistling Straits, Pinehurst and Cour d Laine golf courses.  I know that’s 3 courses, but they were wonderful experiences.

Titleist TSR1 Driver @ 10.5

Titleist TSR1 FW @ 16.5

Titleist TSR1 HB @ 19

Titleist TSR1 HB @ 24

Titleist T300: 6-U

Titleist SM9: 52, 56, 60

Cleveland 2 Smart Square Putter

I actually have 2, I was playing in our league field day and since we had 16 groups they let us have a shotgun start, I started on 18 which is a 134 yard par 3. I had 9 iron in my hand and then I see coming up to the tee the other foursome that was the B group hitting after us and they were the four best golfers in the league. I went back to the cart and got my 8 iron and said to myself just swing nice and easy and don't make a fool of yourself, the ball hit the green and bounced right in the hole for my first ace. I later told them what I did. The other one we were playing in north Carolina and playing 36 a day the second 18 was a scramble, the last day since we only had 15 guys we only had 3 in our group and since I hit my driver further I hit first and if it was good they didn't hit.the last hole was a par 5, I hit a really good drive so they didn't hit, your next shot is to a lay up area because there is a lake all the way to the green it was 235 yards to the flag. They hit to the layup area and so was I, the one guy says the green is that way pointing over the lake I said that's 235 yards over water they said if I don't make it they will both give me a ball. Everyone else that finished was parked behind the green and I hit my 3wood and it landed 15 feet from the hole everyone got out of their carts and started clapping. Unfortunately I missed the putt twice. 

Frank musolino 

It's a tie with so many, I guess. Probably my second hole in one, since I saw it fly right in the hole. Maybe shooting 69 at UMaine golf tryouts. Winning the last held ever Maine State Lefties Championship, so I've held the title for 27 years now. Or winning a Jr. Tournament at one of my favorite courses, Kebo Valley.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

These stories are a lot of fun to read!

My top is golfing with my late grandfather when I was in high school. I only was able to do it once before he passed. That day our foursome was my grandfather, my older brother, my younger brother and me. It was a day that didn't have much great golf, but at my grandfather's funeral my brother's and I started talking about that round and we laughed at how my grandfather scored almost the same as us and he never got the ball more than 10' off the ground.

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Wow. I've been fortunate to have several memories that makes it hard to say one is the greatest memory. I grew up playing the NCR South course where Ray Floyd won the 1968 PGA Championship. A really great course to learn how to play the game. I've also stood on the 1st tee and watched players coming in on 18 at St. Andrews in Scotland. But perhaps the most memorable is playing Pebble Beach in the 1980s when the greens fee was $135. Being on the course I'd only seen on TV was spectacular. And my wife got to follow along in the cart for only an additional $35!

WITB - Callaway Epic Flash woods, 2019 Apex irons, Mizuno T-Zoid wedges, Ping Anser putter