Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Golf Technology Do You Use On The Course?

There are so many options out there and available for us. 

What technology do you use on the course? Range Finder? Shot Tracking? Apps? Anything else? 

Why do you use that vs some of the other options?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I had a Garmin last year and I ended up returning it, I had a few misreads and I completely lost trust. I'm only using a range finder for now. But I'd like to find a good app + bag mount for recording my shots and provide shot tracking without any complex post processing. Any suggestions?

Edited by kovek
  • Putter Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
  • 58 wedge (56 bended to 58) Ben Hogan Imperial
  • 52 wedge Takomo Skyforger
  • P-4 Takomo 101
  • 4 Hybrid Taylormade M6
  • 3 Wood Taylormade M6
  • Driver Callaway Epic GBB
  • Ball Taylormade TP5X

Precision Pro NX10 Slope for my rangefinder, but I try not to use the slope function much.  And The Grint GPS iPhone app for carry yardages and safe landing spots, when needed, and keeping scores. It links to USGA for GHIN. 

Driver:   :ping-small: G425 MAX 9° Driver w/ ALTA CB 55 Stiff (60g)

3W:   :ping-small: G425 MAX 3-wood 14.5* w/ Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff (71g)

Hybrid:   :ping-small: G425 MAX 3-hybrid 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid Tour Stiff 85 (84g)

Irons:   :ping-small: i210 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 120 Stiff

PNW Wedges:   :ping-small: Glide 3.0 50/54/58 SS Grind w/ KBS Tour 120 Stiff

Desert/Dry Wedges:   :mizuno-small: Mizuno T24 Denim Copper 50 S/54 S/58 V w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s w/ Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball:  :maxfli: Maxfli Tour X

Bag:   :ping-small: 2021 Pioneer Cart Bag

Cart:  :Clicgear: Model 3.5

I’ve got a Blue Tees 2 Pro range finder. 

I might be trying out The Grint app this season. I’m hoping to record my club distances on the course and perhaps gauge opportunities for improvement.

I’ve tried 18 Birdies, and I found it a bit “meh,” as in, I couldn’t lock in to its user interface intuitively. 

Usually, I prefer the old way of writing info down on the scorecard—it’s just my preferred way of learning. But having used Trackman this winter, I can see the obvious benefits. I guess I’ll see if I can make the transition.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

We're lucky enough at my course to have an in cart GPS system that's accurate. I generally use this for hazard info and front/back of green. I'm still pretty partial to my laser when shooting the pin. 

I used to exclusively use the Bushnell app that pairs with the speaker for the items that a laser could be off on, and still do at times when I'm playing a course that doesn't offer the in cart option.

Driver- TM Sim 2- Speeder 757 X

3W- Ping G430 LST- Fujikura Ventus TR Black 8 X

Hybrid- TM M1- Tensei Orange X

Irons- Srixon ZX7 MK II (4-PW)- TT DG X100

Wedges- Cleveland RTX-4 (58, 54, 50)- KBS Wedge

Putter- TM Spider GT

The carts at our course have GPS and then I carry a range finder and am waiting on my Shotscope H4 to show up. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I have a Garmin G30 GPS to keep track of my score, fairways hit, putts, etc. I first look at the G30, then usually always shoot the target with my Precision Pro NX10 Slope. Like having both in case I do not have a clear line of sight to the flag or any particular hazard. 

Troy Sheaffer 

I have a garmin s62 and a bushnell wingman that I use for just music. I played better before when I would just find sprinkler heads and 100, 150, 200 markers. I think the technology is nice, I also feel it creates unneeded pressure at trying to be to precise. Need to learn to start having fun on the course and not worry about everything my watch tells me.

Callaway epic speed Callaway os iron talormade 3 hybrid cleveland rtx 3 wedges

Garmin watch, GOSPORTS Laser (had two Leupolds stolen...gave up on the high dollar ones)...occasionally, I'll fire up my iPhone with GolfLogix, but don't pay for the premium version.

Cobra LTDx LS (Hzrdus Smoke Black, S), Ping i3 (Recoil S), Cobra one length wedges (KBS Tour), L.A.B. DF 2.1 putter

I've got a range finder for the shots I can see, and a GPS watch for the shots that I can't.

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

I have a rangefinder, its no name, but very accurate!

the RTJ app has an AIO GPS function for distances, shot marking, pin placement, scorecard. Its easy to use but not very intuitive with certain features.

The GC carts there have GPS with the same features (different app) but you can also drag the location marker around for yardages, zoom in features,  etc.  It's pin placement is generic, and it doesn't show grades/slopes very well. But it has made course management a bit easier. Also has a wind direction flag on the green (but no wind speed feature)

A friend has a watch app (dont know which one) that shows everything ! It even has a club suggestion tool, and shot direction suggestions too (he enters his clubs and distances on the phone part of the app )

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Garmin G80. First, I like having a GPS device over a rangefinder so that I can see where all the danger is, even when it isn’t in my line of site. Second, it will record my distances and keep my averages which helps a golfer be honest with themselves, hit more GIRs, and is also useful when looking for a lost ball. Third, it has a basic launch monitor so that it is useful on the range or with a net. I used to live in Colorado where I used that feature a lot.

Edited by archship

Driver, 5W, 4H, 5H, 6I - 9I, PW, AW:  Callaway Rogue ST Max

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* Satin Low, 54* Black High, 50* Raw Mid

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot OG 7S 

Balls:  Pro-V1 from March - October

Supersoft from November - February

Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart circa 2004

As someone who loves golf and tech, I felt like the space was lacking in having a tool that allowed me to see the course through a strategic lens. Specifically, from listening to guys like Jon Sherman, Adam Young, Lou Stagner, and Scott Fawcett, I knew I needed to be centering my dispersion between hazards off the tee, but I couldn’t find a single tool that helped me see if there was enough room to hit driver based on my dispersion.

So, last year, I started building an app called Shot Pattern. The reception has been awesome and it’s even found its way to players on the PGA and DP World Tours. 

Sorry for the self promotion, but I have a feeling there are a few of you out there who are looking for something like this and will find this helpful. Feel free to reach out.

Wednesday, 28 Feb 2024 13:41:42.png

For many years I used a Bushnell Tour V1 range finder. Then I read about Shot Scope’s V2 GPS and shot tracking watch. While I was thinking about ordering one, they launched the V3 version and I ordered one at the introductory price. It worked very well and gave me a very accurate read on my club yardages and pointed out some tendencies that needed work. I upgraded to the X5 when it launched and it has become a fantastic piece of tech (GPS, shot tracking, hole maps, hazard distances, green layout and more. Plus the app provides more additional features than I can list here). I also have a Shot Scope Pro L2 range finder which I rarely use (my Grandson is using the old Bushnell which still works very well). 

Ping G425- D, 3, 7

Ping i230- 5 to U

Ping Glide 3- 54/14, 58/14

Cameron Select Newport 2

I've got a Bushnell range finder that i use in addition to Arccos.  I've just about decided that you can NEVER trust a GPS system (it's failed me at the worst times), so what i do is look at Arccos' "adjustments" to GPS, and laser the target (straight-line, no slope) and use the Arccos adjustments off the laser reading.

HAVING SAID THAT, something is up with Arccos here of late --- their wind readings are nowhere near as accurate as they were a year ago.  I don't know what's happened, but golf courses i usually play (where i know for a fact the wind reading used to be spot on) are no longer spot on.  Of course if you're in the mountains, or have a wind tunnel effect, that could render it useless.  But that's not the case with these other courses.  It's quite disconcerting 🙂

I use the Approach S42 Garmen watch. Knowing the distance to the pin to plan my next shot have helped my gave. As someone who is just getting back into the game after a 25 year layoff. If I would have had this device then, my game would have been better and I may have played, maybe not as much as I was but playing. There are faults, which hopefully when I add the sensors to my clubs it will clean up some of those faults. No it’s not a perfect tool, I don’t think there is such a thing, but it gives me bough information to lower my score from day one. 

i think sometimes we look for the perfect options when we play. If we take the good with the bad, and minimize the bad. The game (for those whom are self competitive like myself) will be enjoyable. 

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.

I am a golfer that is getting back into the game. With luck I will get to update my lower handicap. 

I use a Garmin watch for the majority of the round. I’ve worn one for three seasons now and it has my club distances pretty much down save for wind variance.   I’ll use my range finder for the approach shot to the green. My home course is a target golf course so I can honestly say it’s safer to pin seek just to keep your ball out of water. 

Titleist Tsi3/Ts2 woods and hybrids

Titlesit AP3 irons

Clevland CBX wedges

Taylormade mallet or Odyssey White Hot center shaft putter. Depends on the day

I use a Garmin GPS on the course.....I like the fact that I can see a map of the entire hole, know at a glance how far it is to every trap or water hazard, see and record my distances for each club, etc.  Most of my friends use range finders, but I find a GPS much more useful for my purposes.

Driver:  Ping G, 12*, Senior Flex

Woods:  Orlimar Trimetal +, 20* and 26*  /Taylormade 300 Series 23* 

Hybrid:  Maltby STi, 24*

Irons:  Maltby PTM, 6-PW

Wedges:  Indi SuperGap 49*  Maltby M-Series 54* and 58*

Putter:  Maltby PTM-5 mallet

For the past 5-6 years I’ve used a Garmin S60 watch, Arccos, and a Leupold rangefinder. The watch worked fine. To use some features while playing took my mind off the course and more on the watch. So I used the basic yardage screen only. The Arccos app worked great. Provides great analytics on club yardages and weak areas of your game. Leupold makes great optics. My original Leupold screen began fading after a number of years. Well out of warranty, I called Leupold to compare repair costs vs replacement. Even out of warranty, they replaced unit without charge. Great customer service.

I’ve recently been testing my Apple Watch using the Golfshot + Watch App. So far I’m loving it, but I’m only about 1 month in.

Current bag is PXG 0311 Gen5 Diver and 3 Wood, Ping 425 3 hybrid, PXG 0211 4-SW, Ping glide lob wedge with the eye grind, and Bettinardi mallet putter.

Bushnell rangefinder, ShotScope V3 and X5, not all that happy with the X5, first one would just quit working in the middle of the round, thought battery was dead but when I plugged it in, plenty of power and it started working, did it three times, they sent me a replacement but haven't used it yet.

If I am playing in a cart with GPS, I will always use that. One thing nice about having a GPS watch is if I end up in a cart path only situation, I can use the watch when I am not near a cart or cart path. Too many courses don't have clear markers anymore for distance.

GPS on the iPhone and Apple Watch. 

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

Precision Pro LRF + my SS X5. Both work great and are indispensable combo, especially on courses I don't play regularly. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Sig Sauer range finder and GolfPad GPS + stat tracker App with a premium license ($30/year). I don't hear about it much, but it's comparable to Arccros while bieng much cheaper. I've had no issues or glitches for the past 3-4 years. And ther are no ads with premium.

Here are some of the stats recorded.Screenshot_20240308_053016_GolfPad.jpg.613b62852d6aec078f959551828e33b0.jpg

Here is the main view during a round.Screenshot_20240308_053330_GolfPad.jpg.3f668b950db151e301354c114ceac370.jpg

Here is the quick score view during a round. Screenshot_20240308_053742_GolfPad.jpg.3b96961369791de6e022893c8da4d785.jpg

Here is the map view. It has layup and carry points. Screenshot_20240308_053454_GolfPad.jpg.c86b64849c74fbc14f9885273ef1c9b4.jpg

Lastly, here is how it shows the rounds once completed. Screenshot_20240308_052859_GolfPad.jpg.332623c7188bcbe55f236d4a67f2b913.jpg

Edited by ArizonaLogan

PXGLogo.jpg.0c92800daa172651d766b6819f37e9f9.jpg: 0311 Gen5 - Driver

:adams-small:: Tight Lies - 3W

I need an 18°-19° club.

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TS4 - 4-PW

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TSW - 50°, 54°,58°

:odyssey-small:: Toulon Design Austin - Putter

Tech on the course:

garmin watch, Arccos, blue tees range finder  

I started using the garmin but later tried Arccos, and it’s all I have used for three years now.  I should sell the range finder, because I never take it out …the Arccos app has all the info 

WITB:

Playing MAXFLI TOURX

PXG GEN5 0311 driver, Ping 425 LS 3W, Cobra King Tec 3H, Mizuno 932 Hot Metal Pro Irons, Volkey wedges, Odessey white hot 5k putter

I used Golfshot pro for many years and was a great cheap addition to my game. Moved now to the shotscope H4, bit more of a faff when playing with tapping clubs and marking pins, but overall gives me a much better picture of when my game needs improvement and where my misses are and genuine distances on the course. Always thought my iron play was best part of my game but turns out approach is actually my worst! Takes me about 10 minutes after a round to review and amend before submitting but definitely worth it.