Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

58 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Friday Bacon Boyz, Yea!!  
Started off cool 55* but warmed up really fast to 70*+.  I was hitting the ball REALLY WELL.  I think I ended up +2.  Kinda lost my focus as one of my Buds who’s a decent player just lost it, he couldn’t hit a freakin ball, nothin, no how, no way.  I was trying to help him but he continued to get worse as frustration continued.  He must have lost 6-8 balls in this relatively easy course.  Felt bad for him, I’ve been there.  
He had a large order of Blueberry Pancakes to wash away the pain! 
 I had a egg sandwich with ham……with a side of Sweet Potato Fries.  Is that considered Health Food?

We played Tuesday morning also.  Tough morning, moderate rain which makes it miserable for me but finished the 9.  I was just happy to not get soaked.  

Love sweet potato fries as long as they are hot; when they get cool... not so much.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Love sweet potato fries as long as they are hot; when they get cool... not so much.

Has to be crispy 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Has to be crispy 

I'm still thinking about the blueberry pancakes 😍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

7 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm still thinking about the blueberry pancakes 😍.

No thread is safe from cooking 🤤

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

10 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I wish they had Food Carts on the course, specifically Taco Carts, I guess I could go for a Sandwich Cart.  Something about pico, cilantro, and slow cooked something on a tortilla.  Breakfast, lunch, and dinner of champion’s. 

Maybe I’m on to something… Shanky’s Taco and Sandwich cart…. 🤔

I would give half a leg for a solid taco or burrito on course…..breakfast burritos were a major hit out west…..

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

11 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

It sounds like you had a pretty good serving of protein and vegetables. I would consider that to be health food.

Mmmm....blueberry pancakes. 

Those Pancakes really looked good!!  Next time pics.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Only Diner I get SP Fries, decent portion & hot and crispy.  
No matter when you go there it’s crowded, breakfast & lunch only but served all day.  
I think we’re going for breakfast tomorrow.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Those Pancakes really looked good!!  Next time pics.

My wife makes them with chopped walnuts but hasn't for some time now.  Last night, after my reading this post, she asked "what brought that up?"... I said it was @Rickp's fault 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I was able to get out and play on St. Patrick’s Day, fantastic weather here in Cleveland Ohio. Couldn’t believe it was almost 70°. The front nine on the course was pretty well dry, the back was a little slushy from all the water. I played great on the front for over, I really hit my driver well. But without getting a lot of walking in throughout the winter I found that my body fatigued on the back nine, the back nine also gets a bit more terrain and also changes elevation. As fatigue sudden I lost my driver a bit . The difficult part was the backside is a little usually a little bit longer. Well it didn’t help that it was wet and I wasn’t getting any rolls on my drive. The good thing was I was able to settle down on a few holes and hit really nice drives despite my fatigue levels.  Shot of the day was definitely on hole number 11 par three where I stuck it to 2 feet for the birdie. It feels good to get out again. It will likely be on and off over the next few weeks until spring weather is here for a good

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

My wife makes them with chopped walnuts but hasn't for some time now.  Last night, after my reading this post, she asked "what brought that up?"... I said it was @Rickp's fault 🙂.

Might as well blame me, everyone here does😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So I'm guessing you sent the wind my way! 

... He is killing all of us! Had 5 birdies this week on Tuesday and then on the same course Wednesday the winds were around 20 but gusting higher. ONE birdie downwind on a par 5 that landed well short but rolled on for an eagle putt that didn't come close as I was getting blown over trying to putt and somehow got the birdie to fall. Hit a 4 iron off the tee straight downwind 245 and hit one off the ground into the wind that came up just short of the green to a middle pin at 175.  🤣 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

38 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So I'm guessing you sent the wind my way!  Holy wind Batman. I don't know how I didn't lose a ball today, or my life for that matter. Pummeled by pine cones and branches. Luckily this bad boy fell before I got there. My ball was of course under the branches in the fairway. Free drop, SW in to the green and birdie.  I had two birds and a eagle today. Three bogies and a double due to mis-judgements with the wind and debris. Overall it was an ok round considering the conditions.

IMG_1957.jpg.b3b7c48f2cc60a4a6d318ced94137b88.jpg

Yup, my fault…..

Rick

Left Hand, 

13 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yup, my fault…..

I love the honesty.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Another bad day on the aerated greens with 37 putts!!!!  And those are just the ones where I was actually on the green, not the fringe/fairway.  Hit a lot of fairways, but not the greens.  Not a good day, overall!  A 4 putt on #9 when I failed to get it to the top tier and it rolled back down to my feet, several 3 putts turning birdies into bogies.  Oh well!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

6 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Another bad day on the aerated greens with 37 putts!!!!  And those are just the ones where I was actually on the green, not the fringe/fairway.  Hit a lot of fairways, but not the greens.  Not a good day, overall!  A 4 putt on #9 when I failed to get it to the top tier and it rolled back down to my feet, several 3 putts turning birdies into bogies.  Oh well!

I see you have read my wife's memoirs... How to turn birdie into bogey in THREE {late night infomercial emphasis} easy putts.  There is one chapter she titled:  How to line up your fourth putt.   🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Beautiful but windy day in Virginia today.   Played the Kingsmill River course with Harry and Phillip from MGS headquarters and had a great time.  Temp was about  81 and wind was a steady 15-20 with stronger gusts.   

5 FW, 5 GIR, 30 putts   43/38:81

Overall, I wasn't that unhappy with how I played.  Didn't hit a lot of fairways or greens but only had one tee shot that I wasn't really able to advance very well.   Hit my irons fairly well; a few pull hooks but just didn't hit a lot of greens.   Short game wasn't horrible,  just didn't get myself close enough to make a lot of one putts so I got lots of bogeys.   Greens were punched about a week ago so they weren't perfect and much slower than expected.  Didn't get my speed adjusted until the back 9.  

Definitely need to get some short game work in especially uphill pitch shots;  seem to chunk or hit them wide right.  May have to use some scrap wood and build myself a slope to practice in the backyard  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Beautiful but windy day in Virginia today.   Played the Kingsmill River course with Harry and Phillip from MGS headquarters and had a great time.  Temp was about  81 and wind was a steady 15-20 with stronger gusts.   

5 FW, 5 GIR, 30 putts   43/38:81

Overall, I wasn't that unhappy with how I played.  Didn't hit a lot of fairways or greens but only had one tee shot that I wasn't really able to advance very well.   Hit my irons fairly well; a few pull hooks but just didn't hit a lot of greens.   Short game wasn't horrible,  just didn't get myself close enough to make a lot of one putts so I got lots of bogeys.   Greens were punched about a week ago so they weren't perfect and much slower than expected.  Didn't get my speed adjusted until the back 9.  

Definitely need to get some short game work in especially uphill pitch shots;  seem to chunk or hit them wide right.  May have to use some scrap wood and build myself a slope to practice in the backyard  

81* mid March that’s pretty good!!  
81 early spring pretty good also!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I see you have read my wife's memoirs... How to turn birdie into bogey in THREE {late night infomercial emphasis} easy putts.  There is one chapter she titled:  How to line up your fourth putt.   🤣

... Haha I would be happy to do the infomercial for her. Going to Brooklyn to work on my Humana infomercial next month so anytime after that works for me.  I even know some 5 hour rounders at my muni that can demonstrate lining up their 4th putt. 🤪

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Haha I would be happy to do the infomercial for her. Going to Brooklyn to work on my Humana infomercial next month so anytime after that works for me.  I even know some 5 hour rounders at my muni that can demonstrate lining up their 4th putt. 🤪

I used to like going to NY occasionally.  Especially Big East Tournament @ MSG.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 minutes ago, Rickp said:

... Better man than me. Flying into NY, staying at a hotel in Brooklyn and also working there is probably my least favorite place to work. Manhattan wasn't bad but still people on top of people just ain't my cup of tee. 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Better man than me. Flying into NY, staying at a hotel in Brooklyn and also working there is probably my least favorite place to work. Manhattan wasn't bad but still people on top of people just ain't my cup of tee. 

Yeah, I had to fly through JFK going and coming from Russia; hated to miss a flight and get stuck there.  I did work a lot at Brookhaven, way out on LI, but I always flew through Boston to Islip to avoid NYC.

Whew! Played a lot of golf this week. As I said last week, my game is really coming around again, and that continued this week. Nothing earth shattering, but my cap is dropping steadily. I feel like that person on a diet losing 1-2 lbs a week. Slow and steady wins the race.

I won’t bore you with all the details, but I will say yesterday’s round was special. I played with a group of very good players, ranging in age from 28 to about 70. The younger ones played the blacks at 6900, but I played the white at 6300 which is really pushing it for me. I shot 87 on a wet course that played at least 200 longer than the card. At 67yo, that was gratifying. I made a few bucks also. 😉 I played again today, and while the competition in my Saturday league isn’t as stiff, they’re no slouches. I was tired from yesterday, but still shot an 88 on a shorter course. I’ll take a 6th place finish and rest up until Tuesday.

BTW adding 5&6 hybrids to my bag has probably been the smartest thing I’ve done equipment wise in years. These two clubs have given me such great results the past 2 weeks. I just couldn’t be more pleased. I need to dial in the 6 a little bit, or maybe change the shaft to the same one I have in my other hybrids, but it’s such a confidence boost to know you’re going to hit a nice high soft landing shot every time you pull a club.

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I had a partial Rangers season ticket package for years and would go to the Holiday Festival and several Big East games a year back in the day. I never cared for Manhattan though. Always had the same routine… take the LIRR into Penn Station, come upstairs, pregame at Toot Shors across from the Garden, go watch the game, then stop in Charley O’s for a night cap and back downstairs to the train to head back out to Long Island.

I’d say the Garden (directly upstairs) and the two bars were no more the 100 yards from where you exited Penn Station.

13 hours ago, Rickp said:

Only Diner I get SP Fries, decent portion & hot and crispy.  
No matter when you go there it’s crowded, breakfast & lunch only but served all day.  
I think we’re going for breakfast tomorrow.

I’ve had sweet potato fries a few times, but I never thought about this until now for some reason… anybody ever put maple syrup on them the way you might with a sweet potato?

15 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Whew! Played a lot of golf this week. As I said last week, my game is really coming around again, and that continued this week. Nothing earth shattering, but my cap is dropping steadily. I feel like that person on a diet losing 1-2 lbs a week. Slow and steady wins the race.

I won’t bore you with all the details, but I will say yesterday’s round was special. I played with a group of very good players, ranging in age from 28 to about 70. The younger ones played the blacks at 6900, but I played the white at 6300 which is really pushing it for me. I shot 87 on a wet course that played at least 200 longer than the card. At 67yo, that was gratifying. I made a few bucks also. 😉 I played again today, and while the competition in my Saturday league isn’t as stiff, they’re no slouches. I was tired from yesterday, but still shot an 88 on a shorter course. I’ll take a 6th place finish and rest up until Tuesday.

BTW adding 5&6 hybrids to my bag has probably been the smartest thing I’ve done equipment wise in years. These two clubs have given me such great results the past 2 weeks. I just couldn’t be more pleased. I need to dial in the 6 a little bit, or maybe change the shaft to the same one I have in my other hybrids, but it’s such a confidence boost to know you’re going to hit a nice high soft landing shot every time you pull a club.

Well done!!  And this is coming from a guy that was about to give up the game not long ago.  You are an inspiration to many of us, especially me... lately.  😬

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Well done!!  And this is coming from a guy that was about to give up the game not long ago.  You are an inspiration to many of us, especially me... lately.  😬

Kenny, I’m happy to say my back and shoulder are finally feeling good. I can’t tell you how much more I’m enjoying the game right now. It’s fun again.

You calling me an inspiration is ironic. When I was here whining about my “woes”, I remember you were always there with a kind word or a piece of sound advice. I’ve said it before, but this is a special place, filled with a lot of very nice people. You’re one of those people.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Got a late call up into my club’s second pennant team. Teams of 7 play scratch matchplay. I always hope my form is good enough to get picked because I love both matchplay and the team environment.

Thought I was in for a bad day when my opponent bounced his second shot off a tree onto the green to about 20 feet. I’d run through the back and had a tricky downhill chip. Thankfully he hit an awful first putt and I got away with a half.

Really solid front 9 with 3 birdies, saw me 2 up at the turn. Losses on 11 and 12 took it back to square. Another birdie and a couple of solid pars had me 2 up with 3 to play. Awful tee shot into a penalty area left me one up with 2 to play. Halved 17 to take off some of the pressure, the worst I could do was square my match.

Hit a good drive on the short uphill 18th, left a 25 yard pitch. Misread the break badly and left myself a 15 foot putt, but my opponent was about 8 foot from the hole after his 3rd which allowed me the luxury of 2 putts to win. My opponent missed his, to give me the result 2 up.

Happy with my game, particularly as it was at a course I’ve struggled at in the past.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Well done, happy to see you’re playing great and enjoying it.  Hybrids are still doing well in my bag also.

Rick

Left Hand,