Our Sponsors

20 hours ago, Rickp said:

I started watching a foursome of guys my age (72-78) ...... this guy must have had a stroke as his left side was obviously paralyzed ....

Love that old guy!

At the short 9 hole near me, there's a .. no joke .. 96 y.o. who still plays, frequently, and decently, too and .. still .. no joke .. gets down on himself if he mis-hits one!!! 

Game For Life 🏌️⛳

• Like 7

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

Love that of guy!
At the short 9 hole near me, there's a .. no joke .. 96 y.o. who still plays, frequently, and decently, too and .. still .. no joke .. gets down on himself if he mis-hits one!!! 
Game For Life

I almost got beat last year by an 85 year old in an inter club. He apparently has set the amateur record for beating his age or some crap. I was 4 up after 9 and won the match on 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Other than adjusting the lie angle on my news clubs, I haven't played or practiced much in 5 weeks,  Shot an 86 from the tips at 6900 yards last night.  3 putted 3 or 4 times and took a 6 on a par 3 thanks to a pulled tee shot OB.  Had to hit driver last night which cost me 2 strokes on one hole, but otherwise please with my driver play.  It was the short that showed my lack of practice. 

• Like 6

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Love that old guy!
Game For Life
That's Awesome. Never stop playing!!!

Take Dead Aim

• Like 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Played our annual 4th of July tournament today and shot 73. My net and gross were the same so I could not compete with the net 61 that won the event. Really think we need to have a seminar at my club on how handicaps are supposed to work. A guy in my group was a 14 that shot 77.....gross.

That happens Bro!

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

This pretty much sums up how well I've been playing lately! 
370186836_foxgolf.jpg.d1ae317ab3fc443c8a592476b2d32839.jpg

Thanks, I needed this!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

370186836_foxgolf.jpg.d1ae317ab3fc443c8a592476b2d32839.jpg

Thanks, I needed this!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Played a fun and challenging 9 yesterday; had one of those up and down rounds -- ie. some really good shots plus some really baaaaad shots, with very little mediocre ones in-between. So a typical golf day, I guess!

3 pars, 3 bogeys, 3 doubles for an "even bogey" 🤪 round overall.

One big disappointment was a lot of my iron shots .. I've finally started hitting them nicely recently, but I just proved out that saying about your golf swing: "..you don't own it, you only rent it for a while.." 😂

Did have a few nice tee shots and short approaches; wedges were mostly good but the highlight was putting - which was really spot-on (that day!) .. most first putts were literally 1-3 inches from dropping; only left one short and nailed that second one (so no 3 putts that day).

Playing 18 tomorrow so will try (emphasized!) to just hit solid shots to safe targets.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Weird day. 4 birdies and some bogies, and a dang double. Some great Saves and sandies, and some chunked wedges . A very mixed bag, but a +2 , 74 final.

evoted the day to the new swing, which is the old new swing I devoted to before... until it quit working, but this time it’s different. I’m sticking with it!!! 🙄

until I try something else new... why can’t I just find a swing and stick with It???

Because.... Golf

• Like 5
1 hour ago, CarlH said:

fox golf.jpg

And another reason not to reach down into the cup!!! 😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

You're fairly new here but let me explain something. There are way more rumors floating around in your golf bag than a high school dance. And they know exactly when to toe the line and when they don't have to. It really is a crazy phenomenon but it has been proving time and time again.  

I don’t know man, I’m pretty sure the only conversation happening in my bag is “okay, whose got the day off today?”

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

12 hours ago, CarlH said:

fox golf.jpg

Pretty much tells the story of my men's league match play Thursday night. Water balls on 2 holes, 3 putts, etc = 49. 

Note to myself; Don't run out and play after packing all day AND doing SuperSpeed Protocol; 2! 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

First time out with my new putter and there is still a lack of comfort and adjustments that are needed.  It was apparent on the first hole where I had 15 feet for birdie and 3 putted.  I still had 7 feet for par to give you an idea how bad the first putt was.  Part misread, part yip strong pull.  Also, I'm noticing more and more that I tend to misread putts on the high side.  I did settle in and hit many good putts through the round, but would  just continue to overread.  I did have 3 birdies, which is great for me during a round but should have been better than a 79 with how I was hitting it.  A lot of come back 5 footers that still aren't falling and it really came down to bad reads rather than bad putts.

image.png.42d5d316f0e3d521709b056b119dd048.png

• Like 6

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

19 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Played our annual 4th of July tournament today and shot 73. My net and gross were the same so I could not compete with the net 61 that won the event. Really think we need to have a seminar at my club on how handicaps are supposed to work. A guy in my group was a 14 that shot 77.....gross.

Well the new GHIN exceptional round score rule will most likely go into effect here (would need to know his exact index at time and the differential of the 77 to tell you for sure), so that’ll bring down his handicap considerably. Then again, this is contingent upon the player either posting his scores or the clubs pro shop or golf committee enforcing that scores are being posted.

only way to audit sand bagging is to enforce scores get posted when rounds are played. Peer review is so easy now with the new system as is posting with the app, The only excuse is apathy/indifference or malicious intent to break rule.

of course every club also has guys who go the other direction. The guy who shoots 83 in any money game or club tournament worth a lick but always manages to post 75 when he’s playing in the afternoons with his kids.

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

Today was 14 pretty good holes followed by me exploding on 15-18 and tanking the round. I’m still walking away from the course happy today, 14 holes is making good progress for me. 

Got held up at the turn by a threesome that snuck onto the back without waiting for me to go (I was finishing the 9th as they teed off) which caused a huge delay for me but they let me through on 11. 

I wish I would have had some stopping power in my approach on 13 too. Ball just rolled right by the hole. 

558C23C1-D0AD-4863-9B33-F6F22E83D9B7.jpeg

Edited by ParFore74x
  • Like 5

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I can't stop playing golf swing and just play golf....

I've had 2 good rounds and 2 really crappy ones and the crappy ones were me (typically) over-analyzing every single thing - "why'd you hit that good shot? why'd the ball go in that direction? what happened with that putt?"  I've got to learn to get out of my own head and remember that the golf course is not for swing mechanics. 

... Graham McDowells said something like "When swinging well, golf is the easiest sport there is. When swinging poorly it is the most difficult endeavor on the planet". So GS Stroker I think it is the same for most of us and that includes Tour Pros. We all have our own demons and mine is a tight back that throws everything out of whack. Take away feels off and tough to recover from that. Instead of hitting fairways and greens and shooting par or under, I am scrambling to save a 75-78. To me a 78 feels like a 99 because my swing is not sequenced and I am battling myself all round long. Just happened my last 2 rounds. Tour guys shoot a 71 instead of a 65 and I am sure their 71 also feels like a 99 to them. 

... I have learned to just deal with whatever I have on the course that day. It doesn't make the round fun, but at least I don't get frustrated trying to get things to work properly. Otoh, the days when everything is in sync and it feels effortless, I also don't try and bottle the feeling or analyze what is working well and what isn't. You can do that on the range of course, but on the course you said it perfectly with just play golf, don't play golf swing. Sometimes easier said than done, but in the end you will be giving yourself more positive feedback and avoiding negative feedback. Hang in there! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

2 days after placing my order for the Cobra SZ, my Epic decides to behave. 12/14 fairways hit today. But my irons were total s*** today.

• Like 6

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

42 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

2 days after placing my order for the Cobra SZ, my Epic decides to behave. 12/14 fairways hit today. But my irons were total s*** today.

That’s how it works. As soon as a club knows it’s done, it fights to stay in the bag. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5