Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Lost Hole in One Ball

jmwils81

This Gem of an Email came in from my buddy Dave (no relation to the guilty party in the story) to our group of guys that have a yearly competition (mancation). Enjoy,

"Ok, I've got a story for everyone... For the sake of protection of the guilty, I'll say this story is about a guy named David Israel Hertz from Portage, MI. It all started at our favorite course, Binder Park in Battle Creek, MI. It was a normal day for us, we loaded up our golf bags with about 12 beers each and a fifth of Cuervo. What surprised me about this day is the David took a hit of the Cuervo on the second tee...David never drinks liquor, let alone Cuervo. He said, "I just got laid off and I'm going to get F-ed up." (Don't feel bad for him, he has a nice trust fund from his Daddy who is a Vagina Doctor - no joke.)

Anyway, after taking his shot of Cuervo he stepped up on the Par 3 second hole and knocked it right into the hole on the fly! I was in disbelief, considering David is a pathetic excuse for a golfer, however I was happy for him. We celebrated all the way up to the green and he kissed the ball as he pulled it out of the hole. What happened next triggered a course of events I will never forget. David stepped up with his honor on number 3, a relatively long par 4 with water left, right and a forced carry. As usual, David dropped one in the drink. However, the look on his face after the shot told the story...he had

hit his hole in one ball in the water. Knowing that he lost the only trophy ball he will ever have in his life, he lost his mind. Within two holes the fifth of Cuervo only had about 3 shots left and through the course of the next 10 holes (yes that's only as far as we made it) here is what happened in summary.

* 6 Broken Clubs

* Public Urination 9 times

* Public Urination on himself, twice, while clothed

* 5 lost balls

* 1 broken finger

* 1 shoe thrown into the woods

* Crying on two different holes

* Picking a fight with a man in his 60's and getting pushed to the ground by this elderly man

* Vomit on two tee boxes and one fairway

* At least a dozen cases of ridiculous profanity

* Falling out of the cart, rolling into a bunker and crapping his pants (no joke, it happened all within a 5 second time frame)

* Showing his penis (very small penis) to our threesome, asking us to touch it

* Kicked his foot through the windshield of the cart

* Made a birdie on his last hole (#15 was our last)

* Got kicked off the course (so did I)

* Was charged $145 for the replacement of

the windshield

* Was asked never to come back to the course

* Threw up in my car on the way home The moral of the story...David Hertz is an *******! But he is still my friend...somehow."

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Ha ha ha, what a round!!

Thanks for sharing :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Now that's one for the record books....BUT He is still your friend.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Wow!!  Isn't booze wonderful?  Love that eject, roll, and crap move.  And shoe into the woods, classic. 

There are the logistics of getting that guy home with the soiled grundgies that has me baffled.  Friends maybe friends, but unless that guy got a complete hose down, he's not getting my car.   

Sounds like a distinguished WMU alum.    We do have that special way of carrying ourselves.

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

hahaha - now a lot of that behavior I can't condone on the golf course (or in public in general to be honest) - but it is one heck of a story, and one that definitely needs to be replayed at any social occasion where Mr David Hertz is the guest of honor...

Archived