Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Staff bag or cart bag?

Mr_Theoo

attachicon.gifNike bag.jpg

I think this is the bag I'm going to end up with. Unless I come across the red nike one

That is the bag I had. Loved it. 

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Theo,

I have had tour bags at times across the last 20 years and although they look good stood still I've always found them cumbersome and annoying. You play forged clubs, right? Welcome to bag clatter hell. You've got a6 way divider, those soft irons are going to bounce all to hell off each other - at least that's what I have always found.

On a trolley you have to place the bag sideways which makes it harder to position the clubs well particularly in the rain, work better on a cart but you still get the bag clatter in my opinion.

if your after big storage and water proofing then there some great cart bag options; Oakley, Ogio, Sun Mountain, Titleist.....etc etc.

yep tour bags have the biggest pockets, they are cool - but they sure ain't good value ( except on flea bay secondhand)

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

How about something like this Cobra Biocell Cart bag? image.jpg

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I have a Nike cart bag that is similar to the one you displayed Mr. Theoo. I love mine, it is well designed so that everything is easily in reach and the same thing happens when I walk and put it on a pull cart. Like Foz I'm at an age where I am very unlikely to carry my bag, I still have a stand bag around the house just in case but my cart bag is the bomb.

Staff bags look great but functionality is important also.

One exceptional feature of the Nike is that there is a slot that allows you to secure the bag on the cart in a much better way than other bags. Who hasn't gotten on that first tee, crushed a drive down the middle, pulled away only to hear that frightening noise of metal on cart path coming from behind?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I have a buddy who collects Staff Bags - he just loves 'em. He has a hell of a time fitting them on carts, but he loves 'em.  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

So as a "thread crossover" What if Captain America played golf::

I present to you:

Cap.JPG

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

I have a sunday bag. I don't use anything else. Carts are always annoying, but part of the reason I got the bag originally was I needed a bag that I could carry.

Now that I've gone to courses that require you to walk, think it's time I moved to a different bag. I need a good deal though to pull the trigger.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I have a sunday bag. I don't use anything else. Carts are always annoying, but part of the reason I got the bag originally was I needed a bag that I could carry.

Now that I've gone to courses that require you to walk, think it's time I moved to a different bag. I need a good deal though to pull the trigger.

There are tons of them all over ebay, amazon, and craigs list! Take a look. I bet you find one the very first time you poke around.

Depends, are you going for that weekend golfer look or tour poser look? If it's the latter, go staff bag. If it's the former, go cart bag. You'll also find cart bags have a lot of wasted space because the biggest pocket is on the back, where you have to remove the bag to access. That and none have a putter well

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I have had my UK Wildcat cart bag for 4 years......it gets noticed and provides for some decent rivalry conversation when it's on the cart. Many people have come up to me after noticing the bag and telling me they are from Kentucky.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

back in the day I always used a staff bag. Now my Titleist is about 8 years old or so and still in good shape. I do not use it or my Infiniti staff bag any more. They sit in the shop for club storage. the last couple of years I have been using a old Cleveland Tour Stand bag. in actuality it is probably 10 or 12 years old but was not put into service until 3 years ago sat brand new in the plastic in the box in my warehouse a remanant from the old golf shop. I now use it all the time riding or walking. It is convienent for me and sits good on a cart. I have noticed in recent years that cart bags have gotten bigger or the bag area has gotten smaller. Anyhow evidently I don't carry as much stuff as some of you do. Theoo those Nike staff bags are nice my home course is a Nike dealer and I have seen several. I would rather have it than a cart bag

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Depends, are you going for that weekend golfer look or tour poser look? If it's the latter, go staff bag. If it's the former, go cart bag. You'll also find cart bags have a lot of wasted space because the biggest pocket is on the back, where you have to remove the bag to access. That and none have a putter well

I disagree with this vehemently. I've never understood why the typical golfer uses another golfers equipment as a point of judgement regarding that person. Since one uses a staff bag, they must be a poser, right? What if they just like the looks of the staff bag better?

I'll never understand why we, as golfers, must be so judgmental. It's that holier-than-thou attitude that turns so many new people away from the game..

I disagree with this vehemently. I've never understood why the typical golfer uses another golfers equipment as a point of judgement regarding that person. Since one uses a staff bag, they must be a poser, right? What if they just like the looks of the staff bag better?

I'll never understand why we, as golfers, must be so judgmental. It's that holier-than-thou attitude that turns so many new people away from the game..

I don't judge anyone, I just think it's funny personally. I'm not being paid a sponsorship so why would I, A) carry around a big branded staff bag (I had one once, a KBS one), and B) want to use a bag that's so non-functional? The lack of function is the bigger thing for me, the poser thing was more a joke than anything

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

It would be funny. Think about it. When you see a pro with one, OK, he's paid for it. Now imagine if you were to get paired up with some guy you don't know who's lugging a staff bag around, has player's irons in it and tells you about his "tour issue" driver or something. You'd be thinking, "This guy is serious." But then the guy steps up and skies a tee shot, tops another, sprays the ball around the course, and proceeds to shoot 110-115. You would have to hold yourself back from flat out ROTF laughing.

Love the Silver Nike bag you picked out, I've never owned a Staff bag but if it would fit on my Bag Boy Quad Plus, then saddle up!! Who cares what others think?

WITB

Driver: Ping G30 Driver 9* with TFC 419D

3 Wood: Ping G25

5 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Ti (2005) 18*

Hybrid: Ping G25 20*

Irons: Callaway X Hot 4-SW with True Temper XP95 S300

Wedge: Callaway X Tour Chrome PM 60*

Putter: Seemore Si Black 32"

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

It would be funny. Think about it. When you see a pro with one, OK, he's paid for it. Now imagine if you were to get paired up with some guy you don't know who's lugging a staff bag around, has player's irons in it and tells you about his "tour issue" driver or something. You'd be thinking, "This guy is serious." But then the guy steps up and skies a tee shot, tops another, sprays the ball around the course, and proceeds to shoot 110-115. You would have to hold yourself back from flat out ROTF laughing.

I have actually played with 2 guys that where paired with me that were decked out like that...  Tour issue this, tour issues that, blah blah blah... they both left after the 9th hole.  I guess they went home to their tour vans to make tour adjustments......  :)

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Available on Amazon...

41ZQJmVr7AL.jpg

Actually, I have found that staff bags don't fit on push carts very well.  They also take up a lot of room on riding carts, so if another bag is on the cart, it is a little crowded.  Hard to get into pockets while the bag is on the cart.  Check out how the bag straps to the cart.  Some bags on a cart do not allow access to pockets with the strap on.  So...  I unstrapped the bag, got in the pocket and forgot to secure the strap.  Not a pretty sight when you drive off and the bag falls off on the cart path.  

If you can't get your stuff in a cart bag, you have too much stuff.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I know club glove does this, so some others must too. Look for a staff/cart crossover bag. If you are going to be riding in a cart a lot, the staff bag will get torn up by the cart brackets. A cart ready staff bag will fit like a glove and not look as dorky as most cart bags look.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I have actually played with 2 guys that where paired with me that were decked out like that...  Tour issue this, tour issues that, blah blah blah... they both left after the 9th hole.  I guess they went home to their tour vans to make tour adjustments......   :)

Same. I played with  father son combo. Had to have the newest everything in big bags... My dad and I were playing sets that we years old including persimmons. Never have I met a guy that his son was ashamed of, that day I gained a whole new respect for my dad who doesn't need the newest or greatest.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Same. I played with  father son combo. Had to have the newest everything in big bags... My dad and I were playing sets that we years old including persimmons. Never have I met a guy that his son was ashamed of, that day I gained a whole new respect for my dad who doesn't need the newest or greatest.

My dad will hand it to me everytime we play with his is set of Ping Eye 2's irons and woods.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Archived