Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

1 hour ago, Off Map Oscar said:

20240915_182305.jpg.75a858ec5f1b85f735c5aa5d6b86cabd.jpg

I'm glad you found all the aligns you were looking for

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Just now, Rob Person said:

I'm glad you found all the aligns you were looking for

Gracious. Wish they were the align max but these will do until they release the max again in 25

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

Ordered new Sub 70 Wedges. JB full groove in 54 & 58 LB. Put in the order 11 days ago and still waiting for them to ship. Having to tell myself, "Good things come to those who wait".

Cobra Aerojet MAX 9* 

Cobra Air X 3 Wood

Cobra BioCell 7 Wood

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW

Cleveland CG 56*

Odyssey White Hot Rossie

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

2 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

Just unboxed the new Cleveland Frontline Elite 1.0 blade putter at the office.  Rolled a few on the practice mat and really enjoyed the feel.  I’m not sold on a pistol grip for me, and I will likely put a Garsen Max on it, but I like the weight and feel of the face on initial impressions.  This club will hit the course this week for real testing.

IMG_6715.jpeg.ac25a52996384b00b71206de65cd67cf.jpegIMG_6714.jpeg.5cae5c9ea69069d003da5045175beca7.jpegIMG_6716.jpeg.056f9615a3880e2e12b4020e57217f85.jpegIMG_6718.jpeg.72cbc83ee5a62179f11212814413b786.jpegIMG_6719.jpeg.a2f5f58dddcf3defe5000db6cff0c9c7.jpegIMG_6717.jpeg.b2931f4acd2e06472000a9c453d17daa.jpegIMG_6720.jpeg.e17788f77e7242b9dfdc3859c96ed7c5.jpegIMG_6721.jpeg.4409b6e65cf4b818b188cef69ff7ac95.jpeg

@IndyBonzo 

What a great buy!  I've always believed that Cleveland putters are highly underrated.  The offer a quality putter at the fraction of the price.

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

4 hours ago, edingc said:

Been a while since I've gotten a new club. I think two seasons? That's crazy when I think about it.

Had been keeping an eye out for a Cobra KING LTDx 3 wood. I've been getting better with my wood this year, especially off the deck. I have the Radspeed Big Tour, which is a great club but wanted something with a little shallower face that I could leave at the stamped loft instead of turning it up. I already have the shaft I want in the Radspeed, so just needed an LTDx head.

New LTDx on eBay still going for $120-$150 plus shipping, checked out Maple Hill Golf online and they had a "lite" shafted 3 wood for $79.99 with free shipping so I snapped that up.

Hopefully it gets here within the next few days, I'd love to have some time with it before the season is over!

I currently have a ltdx 3 wood and 5 wood.  love them both.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

1 hour ago, RoyN said:

You haven't learned to start a slush fund she knows nothing about to pay for items like this? What she doesn't know won't hurt her!

What is this EXTRA $ you are speaking about?  🤔 😆 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

2 hours ago, RoyN said:

You haven't learned to start a slush fund she knows nothing about to pay for items like this? What she doesn't know won't hurt her!

But oh, you will pay for it when she finds out about it!!!!!  lol

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

What is this EXTRA $ you are speaking about?  🤔 😆 

you know, those funds that go right into the wife's purse.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Gee people... It would be easier for me to list what I haven't bought lately. Rather than what I've bought. I've bought just about everything. Just received my Rapsodo MLM2PRO today. Supposed to receive tomorrow, my two Calloway trunk lockers to keep stuff I don't want in my bag, organized.

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

7 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

Well I went and was trying out 7 woods, but nothing was feeling like my pxg 7 wood. That was until the worker at golf galaxy said try the Titleist 5 wood. Needless to say I now have a titleist 5 wood that is dialed down to 19 degrees which is where my 7 wood was at. I’m happy with the results. 

Congratulations!!  Is it hitting better?

WITB-

8 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

Well I went and was trying out 7 woods, but nothing was feeling like my pxg 7 wood. That was until the worker at golf galaxy said try the Titleist 5 wood. Needless to say I now have a titleist 5 wood that is dialed down to 19 degrees which is where my 7 wood was at. I’m happy with the results. 

Enjoy!  What did you end up with. New gt or tsr?

Love my tsr2 5w

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

16 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

Yup, did the same thing with a Ping 425 max.  You’ll love it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, bama no 1 said:

But oh, you will pay for it when she finds out about it!!!!!  lol

To caption the photo below “These aren’t new golf clubs!”  😂IMG_6984.gif.ca282817765f5b37d7c3c018d63ae4ed.gif

Edited by Lefty11

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

28 minutes ago, cburins said:

Im really big into thrifting and have had some really good luck with getting high end golf brands for cheap (and in good condition). My latest find was a G/FORE golf polo for only $7!!! I think this is my nicest fitting shirt and is a really fun colour way! 

IMG_5394.jpg.55cb2a1d403640582a4d0727846ec00b.jpg

It was hard to find a release date on this shirt, but I believe it was Summer/Spring of either 2016 or 2017. In amazing condition, so I am very happy with my purchase. 

I encourage others to do the same, you never know what you'll find! 

Do you have any suggestions? I usually stop in Nordstrom Rack or Marshalls when I'm close by but that is as far as my thrifting knowledge goes. 

Shirt looks awesome btw.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

16 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

Have you tried local Goodwill/ charity stores? Particularly those close to affluent golf-heavy areas.

I've picked up golf shirts and a set of Mizuno MP60 (2005-2007 model) irons from Goodwill. The shirts were under $10 each and immaculate. One had the tag still. The irons cost me $21. Muscle back blades. I cleaned them up and put new grips on and they're in phenomenal condition for their age. They'll be my son's first irons now that he's starting to learn to play.

I check Goodwill and other similar stores now and then. Play It Again Sports too. I now hope to find some older but decent driver and fairway woods for my son.

I think the word 'affluent' is definitely the big one here. Most of the Goodwill/Charity stores are pretty ransacked here in LA. Might have to look when I travel outward somewhere a bit nicer. Thanks!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

6 hours ago, Wheelieb said:

It was a brand new TSR3 marked down

Great find!  I have loved mine so far!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I'll post all my 2024 purchases this winter when I have enough time to count  them. 5 putters and 4 sets of irons for sure.😄

Titleist TSR2 9°, Ping Anser 5 wood,Callaway Warbird 9 wood, Ping G25 Irons 4-UW,Ping Glide 58°ES, Seemore mFPG Nashville Studio

9 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Do you have any suggestions? I usually stop in Nordstrom Rack or Marshalls when I'm close by but that is as far as my thrifting knowledge goes. 

Shirt looks awesome btw.

Nordstrom Rack and Marshalls are great for discounted stuff, but going to Value Village or Goodwill will give you way better prices. I'm also in Canada, so hopefully that helps! 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 - TENSEI AV Series White 65 Stiff

3wood: Taylormade Stealth - Ventus Blue Stiff 

Driving Iron: Ping Crossover 3iron - Ping Stiff 

Irons: 4-PW Titleist AP2 - Dynamic Gold S300 

Wedges: 52 Vokey SM6 (F Grind), 56 Vokey SM8 (D Grind), 60 Vokey SM9 (M Grind)

Putter: LAB MEZZ.1 MAX

Ball: Titleist TruFeel 

GPS: Garmin S70/CT10 Sensors (Current MGS Tester) 

10 minutes ago, cburins said:

Nordstrom Rack and Marshalls are great for discounted stuff, but going to Value Village or Goodwill will give you way better prices. I'm also in Canada, so hopefully that helps! 

Yeah we're a long way from Long Beach eh? 😆........😐(remembers winter exists).......😭 

Driver: TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Epic Sub-Zero / Callaway Epic Flash 

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 19º (2014) 

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey Ai-ONE 2-Ball® / Ping Candence TR Tomcat C