Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×
2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

Brittany

revkev

I had to show some love for our local hero even if the thread gets no hits. Member of my former parish Sam Dekker in the final four and range mate Brittany a major winner. Pretty good sports weekend for the good Reverend!

Best of all both are very nice young people who actively give back to their communities.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Watched the playoff with Stacy, she had 3 chances to win, and couldn't do it, it took a horrible lie change hit the outcome, otherwise I think because of the wind that picked up, we would have been watching this morning, it was fun to watch. I felt bad for Stacy, but Brittany played well.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

He certainly was the reason the beat Kentucky, they will win because of hustle, and teamwork.

And Oregon and NC and most certainly AZ. He guards 3 positions really well. Lost in the Kentucky was how he shut Harrison down at the start of the second half. Winslow and Cook are tough though. This should be a great game.

Totally agree on the playoff, Brittany was very fortunate to win and she'd be the first to say that and also to say how badly she felt for Stacy Lewis.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Props to Lincicome.  EVERY time she walked by the gallery at 18 she was engaging fans with smiles and high-fives.  That's the kind of player I like to root for.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

She's always smiling unlike Sammy today.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Props to Lincicome. EVERY time she walked by the gallery at 18 she was engaging fans with smiles and high-fives. That's the kind of player I like to root for.

That has more to do with personality. Both players stayed true to their personalities during the playoff. Stacy seated focused on her task, and Brittany stayed fun and energetic, hats who they are, we talk about on here all the time about not changing things for competitive golf, so we can't not root for pros when they don't change for the sake of fans

Totally agreed they are prime examples of staying in character. Another great example is Phil. I used to be one who would question his course management. Fact is he is who he is and he wouldn't be Phil if he didn't take risks that others wouldn't.

I was shocked when Brittany didn't go for the green from 214 in the playoff. I can't wait to see her and bust her chops about it. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

That was odd that she didn't, I think she said since the wind picked up she couldn't get there with anything but 3 wood, and that would put her to far, and she didn't want to go over that green.

That has more to do with personality. Both players stayed true to their personalities during the playoff. Stacy seated focused on her task, and Brittany stayed fun and energetic, hats who they are, we talk about on here all the time about not changing things for competitive golf, so we can't not root for pros when they don't change for the sake of fans

True....I wouldn't expect them to change for anybody....but that personality makes me say "meh" about those golfers.  I guess I just like rooting for fun people.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

True....I wouldn't expect them to change for anybody....but that personality makes me say "meh" about those golfers.  I guess I just like rooting for fun people.

It's similar for me with Bubba, off the course he seems to be a fun person, but on the course he really comes off as a jerk, he calls it focus we call it ......

Stacy has the same demeanor sometimes, but after my daughter had scoliosis surgery, I have found that for Stacy to be able to play the game at that high level is remarkable, I saddens me as well that she doesn't engage the fans much while playing, but for, just playing is inspiration to many young ladies.

Any parent of a disabled child or a child struggling to overcome some sort of physical challenge has to love Stacy. Brittany is the only one I would root for over her.

I know what she said about the shot BK but that's not going to stop me from busting her chops because she's that knd of person. I wouldn't do it if she lost but since she won she'll take it and dish it out. I better be prepared to hit that shot on the range because she will challenge me to hit it. She'll smile and giggle and buy me a beer or I will have to buy her one. Better bring my wallet. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Any parent of a disabled child or a child struggling to overcome some sort of physical challenge has to love Stacy. Brittany is the only one I would root for over her.

I know what she said about the shot BK but that's not going to stop me from busting her chops because she's that knd of person. I wouldn't do it if she lost but since she won she'll take it and dish it out. I better be prepared to hit that shot on the range because she will challenge me to hit it. She'll smile and giggle and buy me a beer or I will have to buy her one. Better bring my wallet. :)

Beer? I thought she hawked wine.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I wasn't rooting against her, she's always been one of my favorites to watch, it was a really good match all around on both sides, if it wasn't for that unfortunate lie that Stacy had in the filled divot, they might still be playing, and I would still be watching. Enjoy the beer with her.

Archived