Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

A Legit Ebay seller?

drock20

I recently purchased a set of Callaway x-22 irons from an ebay seller, Tim the Putterman (or theputterman). I bought a set of RH steel 4-PW irons at around 350 after shipping. A steal compared to what the local stores are selling them for. After i won the auction, i started reading about the amount of fake clubs out there. I obviously panicked and did as much research on the topic as possible. This seller is out of Florida and has a great rating, but when i got my UPS tracking number it stated my clubs shipped out of Alabama and weighed only 1 pound. I thought for sure i just got hosed. I got the clubs in the mail last Friday. They came in factory plastic and looked really very legit. I didn't get a chance to call Callaway that night to check out the serial numbers. All weekend i looked online and checked local stores to see if these clubs looked anything like the real ones. They seemed to check out but i wanted to check the serial numbers before swinging them. Long story short, I just got off the phone with Callaway and, no kidding, the numbers checked out. They even told me that the clubs came from the factory and shipped to Alabama. Can it be, an ebay seller that sells authentic equipment? I'm not promoting this guy but I think he's worth looking into. Has anyone else purchased from this guy?

hey, good to hear a story of legit sellers on eBay... after all I've been reading lately, I would be very careful buying from there... BUT, I still would, I would just do some research first and ask questions...

Good deal...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Good Ebay Sellers are gold, and should be passed along to everyone you can. Finding a trusted seller these days is tough.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

TimthePutterman is as legit as they come. You don't have 40,000 transactions on ebay without being legit. He has some negatives in there, but unfortunately, there are customers out there that you just can't please. Don't worry about him as a seller, you're fine buying from him.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I have tried to buy from putterman but always got outbid. I have bought many clubs from ebay and my Nike irons on ebay. My uncle also bought some Callaways on ebay. We both sent a club to their department and they authenticated the clubs as legit with full warranties. But with ebay there is always this caveat: "Buyer Beware!". Just use your judgment.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key... - Carl Spackler

• 2 weeks later...

Tim (timtheputterman) is a Class act! There are many good Golf Ebayers it's ashame there's always that small % of A-holes that ruin it for some good people.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

he has woeful customer service, don't expect him to reply to any question

Have you seen the volume of clubs he moves? He'll reply to questions about his items, but he doesn't reply to requests for tracking info, etc. He ships stuff fast and you get it cheap. What do you expect, a manifest destiny with every question asked?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 2 weeks later...

i bought a hybrid from him. excellent seller.

In My Bag

Driver- PING G15 (10.5*)

Shaft- Miyazaki C. Kua 39

Fairway- PING G15 (15.5*)

Shaft- Matrix Studio 64

Fairway- PING G15 (18.5*)

Shaft- Oban Revenge 6

Hybrid- PING I15 (20*)

Shaft- UST Mamiya Attas 285

Irons- PING I15 (5-PW)

Shafts- AeroTech SteelFiber i80

Wedges- PING Tour-S (54*, 60*)

Shafts- True Temper DG Spinner

Putter- PING Scottsdale Pickemup

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased a set of Callaway x-22 irons from an ebay seller, Tim the Putterman (or theputterman). I bought a set of RH steel 4-PW irons at around 350 after shipping. A steal compared to what the local stores are selling them for. After i won the auction, i started reading about the amount of fake clubs out there. I obviously panicked and did as much research on the topic as possible. This seller is out of Florida and has a great rating, but when i got my UPS tracking number it stated my clubs shipped out of Alabama and weighed only 1 pound. I thought for sure i just got hosed. I got the clubs in the mail last Friday. They came in factory plastic and looked really very legit. I didn't get a chance to call Callaway that night to check out the serial numbers. All weekend i looked online and checked local stores to see if these clubs looked anything like the real ones. They seemed to check out but i wanted to check the serial numbers before swinging them. Long story short, I just got off the phone with Callaway and, no kidding, the numbers checked out. They even told me that the clubs came from the factory and shipped to Alabama. Can it be, an ebay seller that sells authentic equipment? I'm not promoting this guy but I think he's worth looking into. Has anyone else purchased from this guy?

I haven't yet, but probably will. I have so leary buying anything golf at Amazon. So much sleaze, popcorn, and ripoffs.

Ol' Stick

Archived