Our Sponsors

Great topic and one I can really relate to.

For me, tempo reinforcing swing thoughts have not been sufficient to get me to repeat a balanced, relaxed swing, but lately I've made a lot of progress and I give much of the credit to my purchase of the orange whip a few weeks ago. If you don't have one, go check it out. It has really helped with muscle memory - I am much less likely to spasm out and swing like the Hulk. My last three rounds were within one stroke of each other, and will each count to my HC. I can't recommend it enough.

• Like 2

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

It's going to sound crazy but it works every single time I share it with someone. And if it provides additional credibility, I also employ this tactic. Ready for this? Spread your toes and press them into the soles of your shoes. That's is all. Hope you enjoy your new easy tempo!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

:ping-small:___________G400 LST 9* - Ping Tour 65 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:adams-small:_Super Proto DHY 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus hX3 S
:adams-small: _Idea MB2 4-PW - Matrix Program 130 6.5
:cleveland-small:_________RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
Bettinardi.png.e7ca0ee7ba785611a4a144e16b6b93ab.png___SS38 Armlock
k_sig.jpg.00b599e7e823c61015277de38ca16982.jpg___'18 4-piece
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

It's going to sound crazy but it works every single time I share it with someone. And if it provides additional credibility, I also employ this tactic. Ready for this? Spread your toes and press them into the soles of your shoes. That's is all. Hope you enjoy your new easy tempo!

Gonna have to try that one!
  • Like 2

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

From Jack Nicklaus' book, Golf My Way:

"Feel" the clubhead for improved rhythm-

Feeling the weight of the clubhead against the tension of the shaft helps me to swing rhythmically.

As the backswing progresses I like to feel the clubhead's weight "pulling" my arms back and up. Starting down, I like to feel the weight of the clubhead lagging behind - resisting - as the thrusting of my legs and hips pull my arms and hands down.

When I can "wait" for these feels, I am almost certainly swinging in proper tempo. I am giving myself enough elapsed time to make all the various moves in rhythmical sequence.

• Like 2

--WITB--

Ping i15 Driver 9.5° Stiff

Ping i25 Fairway 15° Stiff

Kasco k2k 44 Utility 19° Stiff

Kasco k2k 55 Utility 22° Stiff

Miura CB-501 Irons 5-9 KBS Tour Stiff

Scratch 8620 d/d grind PW 47°

Scratch 8620 d/d grind GW 53°

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 SW 58° 2 dot

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 LW 60° 1 dot

Never Compromise Putter Sub 30 Type-50

Snell MTB

Great topic and one I can really relate to.

For me, tempo reinforcing swing thoughts have not been sufficient to get me to repeat a balanced, relaxed swing, but lately I've made a lot of progress and I give much of the credit to my purchase of the orange whip a few weeks ago. If you don't have one, go check it out. It has really helped with muscle memory - I am much less likely to spasm out and swing like the Hulk. My last three rounds were within one stroke of each other, and will each count to my HC. I can't recommend it enough.

I have an orange whip. Need to break it out more in the evenings once the kids go to bed.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

From Jack Nicklaus' book, Golf My Way:

"Feel" the clubhead for improved rhythm-

Feeling the weight of the clubhead against the tension of the shaft helps me to swing rhythmically.

As the backswing progresses I like to feel the clubhead's weight "pulling" my arms back and up. Starting down, I like to feel the weight of the clubhead lagging behind - resisting - as the thrusting of my legs and hips pull my arms and hands down.

When I can "wait" for these feels, I am almost certainly swinging in proper tempo. I am giving myself enough elapsed time to make all the various moves in rhythmical sequence.

I really think that this is what the orange whip installs in the swing. To get it moving smoothly, you have to be mindful of the heavy ball bending the shaft...

Remember that just because you swing faster, doesn't mean the ball is going faster. The guy that swings at 110 and centers everything up with a smash of 1.5 will outdrive a guy all day that swings 115 and misses the center of the face. You're not getting a good smash factor if you're missing the sweet spot.

• Like 2

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/Aldila Rogue Silver 110 MSI 70X Tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Yes. Oddly enough MANY have found that putting more weight on your heels really helps but this is not conventional wisdom, which is why it may and does 'sound crazy'.

One of those gems and thanks for reminding me.

• Like 1