Sign in to follow this  
revkev

Cigars International

Our Sponsors

I placed an order with CI last Friday. The status is still pending. While it hasn't cleared my credit card the current available credit is reduced by the amount of my purchase. I've called four or five times and been on hold for as long as half an hour without reaching anyone. I've also sent two emails with no replies.

Has anyone heard that they are in financial trouble?

I've never had a problem with them before.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Have not heard anything, but I've been using JR's Cigars for online stuff

• Like 1

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I had an order take a month to get.  I sent several email messages and never got an answer.  I did get them on the line - and after 45 minutes of hold I got no really good answers.  Cigars were backordered and they could not tell me when they were coming in.  It was such a good deal that I decided to just wait it out.

My first though was financial trouble.  Though there were blaming a lot of the delays on a new system that was not working properly, but they also said they had it corrected.  May be wise to steer clear for a while to see how things shake out.  Kind of a shame, up until that order I had nothing but great experiences with CI.

• Like 3

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

I too, have had good luck with CI, but admittedly haven't placed an order for a while.  May well wait a lot longer now to see how this sorts itself out.  Lots of online options...

• Like 1

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Driver Graphite Design AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - AW)  KBS Tour 130x

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Wedges (54, 58)
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

I've always had good luck with CI. Seems like one order took a couple of weeks but other than that they've been pretty efficient.

• Like 1

Yes I've never had a problem with them but this experience is identical to Mike's.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Haven't had a cigar in 41/2 years miss it terribly.

Anyway J&R was always my go to cigar company. Had a customer in New Jersey years back and always stopped in to their store and over spent.

Did not use CI much but they were OK.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I see tons of complaints about them online so I'm guessing they went belly up or on their way out -

At least it wasn't that big an order. :( 

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

I live within 30 minutes of their main store and will be driving past one of their other stores today. I have no had an issue with them ever whether kts in person or online. I was going to stop and get some on my way by today I will stop in and ask some questions about the delays.

Sent from my LG-H820 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I live within 30 minutes of their main store and will be driving past one of their other stores today. I have no had an issue with them ever whether kts in person or online. I was going to stop and get some on my way by today I will stop in and ask some questions about the delays.

Let us know what you learned. I got notification that my order shipped and will arrive next week. Up until this time I've had good luck with them. The lack of response was very frustrating for me. I could live with your stuff is on back order. But no one answering phones or emails in inexcusable. I will be taking my business elsewhere going forward.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

The guys at the store I was at didn't have an answer for me. When my clubs come in I will be within 5 miles of the main shop where they ship everything from and plan on stopping in to get some info.

• Like 1

I order from Thompson (mainly auctions), CI, Cigar.com, and JR.  Literally picked up a box of Undercrown Flying Pigs 2 weeks ago with an included sampler.  From order to doorstep was 4 days.  I have however ordered specials that were back ordered before and was displeased with the extensive delay.  But for me I would rather wait on a good deal than miss out on it :)

• Like 1

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

While I would have been unhappy I would not have minded if they answered the phone or one of my emails and said, "We are sorry sir, your order is back ordered." They tell you whether the item is in stock or not when you order and both of mine were in stock.

I've ordered from Thompson. I live about half an hour from them. The bad news is that I pay tax when I order from there and I live how my order routes away from my house first to Orlando, then back to Tampa before coming to me.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Btw I haven't gotten to the main store I got busy with working this weekend and ended up sleeping the days away. Damn night shift didn't even allow me to get my new clubs. Hopefully going today or tomorrow is info still requested or did you get your order?

• Like 1

I finally got my order - I don't know if I will order from them again. It was disappointing that no one answered the phone or my emails but the cigars are great and at a tremendous price.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

I finally got my order - I don't know if I will order from them again. It was disappointing that no one answered the phone or my emails but the cigars are great and at a tremendous price.

Rev if you see something good let me know I will drive the 30 minutes and then ship it to you.

I just received a $50 coupon from Cigars International good for my next order of in-stock cigars ($50 min so, in other words $50 of free cigars) along with an email from the President.  To me, this erases concerns about solvency.  I'm going to give them another try - but not for a little while.  I just stocked-up with some incredible buys from Thompson Cigar and I am out of humidor space.

In grand MGS tradition I know I will get many offers to help with my overstock problem.  So I make the offer:  Any MGS member who wants to come to Metro Detroit has a free cigar waiting for them!!

• Like 1

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

I just received a $50 coupon from Cigars International good for my next order of in-stock cigars ($50 min so, in other words $50 of free cigars) along with an email from the President. To me, this erases concerns about solvency. I'm going to give them another try - but not for a little while. I just stocked-up with some incredible buys from Thompson Cigar and I am out of humidor space.

In grand MGS tradition I know I will get many offers to help with my overstock problem. So I make the offer: Any MGS member who wants to come to Metro Detroit has a free cigar waiting for them!!

:)

I've given up on CI. I have to pay tax to buy from Thompson but they have a special Florida resident 10 percent "discount" that offsets the tax plus a little extra. Their five fer offer at 21.24 for a five pack of premium cigars suits me just fine. I ordered 25 cigars, paid 100 with my discount and got free shipping. They were in my humidor in three days.

• Like 2

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5