Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Drive Thru Dare

Mr. 82

OK, pick your favorite fast food restaurant, and here's the challenge.  As you pull up to the restaurant, take note of the last car in drive thru when you park.  Walk into the store, place your order to go, and then walk back to your car.  Now take note of where that last car in the drive thru is now.  Are they still waiting in line, placing their order, or have they already gone through and are gone?

My wife and I have sorted started playing this game with Zaxbys and Chick Fil A specifically.  I'll always walk inside to place/get my order, because as a generally rule, you can get your food quicker by going inside then you will by waiting in drive thru.  Now obviously, if there is no one in line in drive thru this won't necessarily happen, but when I see 3 or 4 cars or more in drive thru, I can usually always win the race by going inside the store, where there are 9 times out of 10, fewer people in line to order then there are in drive thru.

Today I had lunch at Zaxbys.  I parked and noticed a gold Chevy Tahoe at the end of the drive thru line of about 8-10 cars.  I went in, picked up my food, and walked back outside to my car.  I waved to the gold Chevy Tahoe that hadn't even moved an inch since when I first got there.  The overriding theme of where I am going with this is that I guess people would prefer to sit in their cars and be lazy and spend more time waiting for their food, then if they would actually just walk into the store and get it themselves.  I mean, heaven forbid you'd have to actually stand up and move your feet to get food.  Sacriledge!!!  😉

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I actually found the opposite at one of our McDonald's. I went in one day (don't particularly like them but was desperate). Everyone was focused on getting the drive thru orders processed. Took long enough that I was planning on walking out with nothing ordered. 

And you're correct I think most people do the drive thru rather than go inside. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I have done this for a long time. I generally walk in unless I am feeling particularly lazy.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Sure preference is to do drive through, not so much being lazy, but i can multi task, make a call, send or read a quick text, or just listen to the general blabber on sports talk radio.

But I do sometimes take a quick assessment if it looks like an extremely long line and if I go in, I always take note of where I would have been in line when I come out.   Some places its not very far, other times it's pretty close to a wash. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

While I have never done it, I can see where it would be an interesting exercise.   My next trip to a fast food place, if I can remember, I will perform such an experiment.   However, that may be a while, because in my area too many restaurants have carry out or better yet delivery.  

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Sure preference is to do drive through, not so much being lazy, but i can multi task, make a call, send or read a quick text, or just listen to the general blabber on sports talk radio.

But I do sometimes take a quick assessment if it looks like an extremely long line and if I go in, I always take note of where I would have been in line when I come out.   Some places its not very far, other times it's pretty close to a wash. 

That's like my version of the cashier line at the grocery store. I'm always checking to see where I am in relation to where I could have been in the next lane. FYI most of the time i end up in back of the people with the fewest items in the cart.  AND then they always end up needing a price check 😧

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I don’t need to do that. I never, ever, ever go through any drive thru if I am driving the vehicle. Never. I will always go inside to Order and get my food. My family gets really mad at me sometimes because I always make them go inside if they want food 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

4 hours ago, GSwag said:

OK, pick your favorite fast food restaurant, and here's the challenge.  As you pull up to the restaurant, take note of the last car in drive thru when you park.  Walk into the store, place your order to go, and then walk back to your car.  Now take note of where that last car in the drive thru is now.  Are they still waiting in line, placing their order, or have they already gone through and are gone?

My wife and I have sorted started playing this game with Zaxbys and Chick Fil A specifically.  I'll always walk inside to place/get my order, because as a generally rule, you can get your food quicker by going inside then you will by waiting in drive thru.  Now obviously, if there is no one in line in drive thru this won't necessarily happen, but when I see 3 or 4 cars or more in drive thru, I can usually always win the race by going inside the store, where there are 9 times out of 10, fewer people in line to order then there are in drive thru.

Today I had lunch at Zaxbys.  I parked and noticed a gold Chevy Tahoe at the end of the drive thru line of about 8-10 cars.  I went in, picked up my food, and walked back outside to my car.  I waved to the gold Chevy Tahoe that hadn't even moved an inch since when I first got there.  The overriding theme of where I am going with this is that I guess people would prefer to sit in their cars and be lazy and spend more time waiting for their food, then if they would actually just walk into the store and get it themselves.  I mean, heaven forbid you'd have to actually stand up and move your feet to get food.  Sacriledge!!!  😉

Not to mention, you actually have to see people and talk to them face to face!?  Who wants to do that (or even knows how to) 🤯

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

My biggest reason for not going inside to buy is the 4yr old that is always sitting behind me.  Aside from having to take him in and out of a car seat if he see's a play area we are going to have WWIII if he doesn't get to stay.

The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Today I had lunch at Zaxbys.  I parked and noticed a gold Chevy Tahoe at the end of the drive thru line of about 8-10 cars.  I went in, picked up my food, and walked back outside to my car.  I waved to the gold Chevy Tahoe that hadn't even moved an inch since when I first got there.  The overriding theme of where I am going with this is that I guess people would prefer to sit in their cars and be lazy and spend more time waiting for their food, then if they would actually just walk into the store and get it themselves.  I mean, heaven forbid you'd have to actually stand up and move your feet to get food.  Sacriledge!!!  

I’m not getting my 2 year old out of the car seat, going inside, and then fighting the fight to get her back in the car to save 6 minutes.

Some people are lazy, some people have reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I rarely do fast food but when I do I walk in - steps count

Steps count

And it’s got to be Culver’s

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

That's like my version of the cashier line at the grocery store. I'm always checking to see where I am in relation to where I could have been in the next lane. FYI most of the time i end up in back of the people with the fewest items in the cart.  AND then they always end up needing a price check 

That always happens!!

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

15 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

FYI most of the time i end up in back of the people with the fewest items in the cart.  AND then they always end up needing a price check 😧

And then they want to write a check! Seriously, who does that nowadays?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 minutes ago, MattF said:

The 75 year old lady that lives next door to you.  Her husband refuses to go shopping with her for this very reason, because he's embarrassed that she refuses to give up paper checks that she's had since 1975.  😂

This NEVER works for me! Every time I try it it bites me and I end up spending twice as long inside.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

Add my mother to that list.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Or the want to split the order onto 3 different credit cards. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Or the want to split the order onto 3 different credit cards. 

No, that's in drive thru.  The one employee who was tasked with getting lunch for his entire department.  Everyone gave him their credit card, so he's got 6 different orders on 6 different cards.  Now you know why it takes 30 minutes to go through drive thru.  ☹️

Archived