Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
Thin2win

Shiny is my favorite color: 2019 equipment

Just wondering what single release you are most excited to try out this year?

The new Pro V1? The Cobra F9? Ping 410 series? The Callaway greatest biggest fastest below-Kelvin alpha omega thermonuclear atomizer 4000? New mizuno's? One of the new tech golf shafts?

Personally, the F9 driver has my eye. But this year is looking like a fun year for those who love shiny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I would have to say I have two. One which just really intrigues me and one I would actually look into buying.
That being the Mizuno hot metal pro, which apparently is coming and I think could be a great addition to the lineup. Will it be something that competes in the players distance category? Maybe vs i500 and such. However either way I'll be sticking with my i210. It's simply a category that I really enjoy looking into!
Second would be the g410 range. Mainly driver and if they do anything with a newer crossover. Definitely really high on my list to test and potentially purchase!

• Like 1

Callaway’s stuff looks intriguing as always. You’ll see a full on barrage in early January. In fact, we’ll have a crap-ton of release stories next month - lots of cool stuff coming out. Later in the year you’ll likely see new gear from Cleveland, Wilson, Hogan and a few others.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Callaway’s stuff looks intriguing as always. You’ll see a full on barrage in early January. In fact, we’ll have a crap-ton of release stories next month - lots of cool stuff coming out. Later in the year you’ll likely see new gear from Cleveland, Wilson, Hogan and a few others.

You mention Cleveland, do you think they will be updating the Launcher HB irons?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

NONE! I replaced my putter, bag and most of my golf apparel/shoes two years ago, and all my woods-hybrid-irons and push cart last year so I'm all set (I hope). And I'm very happy with everything I bought. I even have 5 dozen new MTB Blacks, so I may be able to spend all my golf dollars on playing next season for a while...

Edited by Middler
  • Like 3

You mention Cleveland, do you think they will be updating the Launcher HB irons?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

If they stick to a two-year cycle, I’d think so. But it depends - it’s still selling well. CBX Irons and wedges, plus metal woods - all on schedule for a 2-year update.

• Like 1

I really want to try the PING G410 series, if they were able to improve on the G400, they'll be really, really good!

I'm also interested to see if PING brings out a replacement for the Glide 2.0 wedges. I have the original Glide's and really love them, but they are wearing out, and the 2.0's weren't nearly as good for me. 

Edited by GB13

I would have to say I have two. One which just really intrigues me and one I would actually look into buying.
That being the Mizuno hot metal pro, which apparently is coming and I think could be a great addition to the lineup. Will it be something that competes in the players distance category? Maybe vs i500 and such. However either way I'll be sticking with my i210. It's simply a category that I really enjoy looking into!
Second would be the g410 range. Mainly driver and if they do anything with a newer crossover. Definitely really high on my list to test and potentially purchase!

Most eager for the Evnroll 8.3 to come out since it will most likely end up in my bag.   But I am always excited to see all the new putters for 2019. 

• Like 1

Most eager for the Evnroll 8.3 to come out since it will most likely end up in my bag.   But I am always excited to see all the new putters for 2019. 
I love the look of that style, I played with the Phil Odyssey for a number of seasons. But I don't know if the ER2 will ever leave my bag.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to testing some strong 3 woods. Never been a Callaway guy, but the Epic Flash Sub Zero has me interested. Jailbreak and adjustability is a plus. TS3 will get some testing and so will a 410 stretch is that comes out. 

6 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I love the look of that style, I played with the Phil Odyssey for a number of seasons. But I don't know if the ER2 will ever leave my bag.

I like the ER2 as well,  it is one that I try all the time when I go do testing at MGS.  I just need more toe hang and I am not a fan of plumbers necks.  

Definitely need a new putter this year. Nothing has caught my eye yet, but the new sigma 2 putters feel really good. Also, I’m hoping that those Steele and Woodland Wilson prototype blades come to market!