Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hi everybody!  -- I hope I replied correctly, day one of MGS for me! 🙂  My name is Trina and I am currently living in Stonington, CT.

1.) How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been playing golf since 2020 when the world shut down.  I finally had time to just immerse myself into something I had been wanting to try for YEARS -- and I won't lie, I don't even know how you get a handicap... sorta kinda understand but am exited to figure that out more this summer.  Listen -- I just broke 100 (92) and I am STOKED about that!!! Looking to break 90 by the end of the season.  Focusing on the putting.

2.) What do you love about golf?

Every little thing.  The challenge, the goal setting, the learning, being outside, spending time with my Dad 🙂

3.) What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

My long time friend Swanny - as I like to call him, or I guess @GolfSpy SAM as some of you may know him.  He's seen me on social media practicing/playin away and invited me to check this out!  

4.) Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am originally from Worcester, MA - Woostah!  (IYKYK)  I've lived all over... somewhat of a wanderlust.  Current home course is Elm Ridge here in Stonington, CT.

5.) What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

New England is just the best.  It's got so much charm.  You can easily get to all the states, SO many courses, each giving a different vibe.  I really wouldn't say winter is "the worst" ... you get to bring the game indoor and learn some pretty cool things about your swing that you wouldn't necessarily have outdoors.

6.) What do you do for a living?

Singer/Songwriter/Actress - and when I'm not doing that, I'm your waitress here in Mystic 😉 

7.) How’d you pick your user name?

I thought it was punny.  It's a musical 😛 I was actually in it when I was a kid, lol.IMG_6997.jpg.53afb6545f12f6074d59ee6caa4fa4ef.jpg

IMG_6030.jpg

IMG_5851.jpg

3 minutes ago, ByeByeBirdie said:

Hi everybody!  -- I hope I replied correctly, day one of MGS for me! 🙂  My name is Trina and I am currently living in Stonington, CT.

I've been playing golf since 2020 when the world shut down.  I finally had time to just immerse myself into something I had been wanting to try for YEARS -- and I won't lie, I don't even know how you get a handicap... sorta kinda understand but am exited to figure that out more this summer.  Listen -- I just broke 100 (92) and I am STOKED about that!!! Looking to break 90 by the end of the season.  Focusing on the putting.

Every little thing.  The challenge, the goal setting, the learning, being outside, spending time with my Dad 🙂

My long time friend Swanny - as I like to call him, or I guess GolfSpy SAM as some of you may know him.  He's seen me on social media practicing/playin away and invited me to check this out!  

I am originally from Worcester, MA - Woostah!  (IYKYK)  I've lived all over... somewhat of a wanderlust.  Current home course is Elm Ridge here in Stonington, CT.

New England is just the best.  It's got so much charm.  You can easily get to all the states, SO many courses, each giving a different vibe.  I really wouldn't say winter is "the worst" ... you get to bring the game indoor and learn some pretty cool things about your swing that you wouldn't necessarily have outdoors.

Singer/Songwriter/Actress - and when I'm not doing that, I'm your waitress here in Mystic 😉 

I thought it was punny.  It's a musical 😛 I was actually in it when I was a kid, lol.IMG_6997.jpg.53afb6545f12f6074d59ee6caa4fa4ef.jpgIMG_6997.jpg.53afb6545f12f6074d59ee6caa4fa4ef.jpg

LogoVideo.mov

IMG_6030.jpg

IMG_5851.jpg

IMG_4252.MOV

Welcome! Happy to see another New Englander. 

Congrats on breaking 100 so soon; your swing looks good. 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

19 minutes ago, ByeByeBirdie said:

My long time friend Swanny - as I like to call him, or I guess GolfSpy SAM as some of you may know him.  He's seen me on social media practicing/playin away and invited me to check this out!  

I thought it was punny.  It's a musical 😛 I was actually in it when I was a kid, lol.IMG_6997.jpg.53afb6545f12f6074d59ee6caa4fa4ef.jpg

LogoVideo.mov 19.61 MB · 0 downloads

IMG_6030.jpg

IMG_5851.jpg

IMG_4252.MOV 4.94 MB · 0 downloads

If you are friends with @GolfSpy SAM then you must be good people!

Welcome to the forum and golf!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

41 minutes ago, ByeByeBirdie said:

IMG_6030.jpg

IMG_5851.jpg

Welcome to the forum! @GolfSpy SAM might be regretting this if you’ve got any good embarrassing stories!

Well, probably not. Pretty sure he would tell them willingly anyway. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

33 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Welcome to the forum! @GolfSpy SAM might be regretting this if you’ve got any good embarrassing stories!

Well, probably not. Pretty sure he would tell them willingly anyway. 

@ByeByeBirdie HAS NO INFORMATION ABOUT ME AT ALL. NOPE. NONE. CERTAINLY NOTHING EMBARASSING. THAT IS THE END OF THIS TOTALLY NORMAL, TOTALLY NOT-FULL-OF-YELLING POST.  YUP. 

Welcome, pal!!! So glad to have you here!  

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

• 4 weeks later...

What's up everyone? I was recently introduced to MyGolfSpy / this forum and quickly realized I needed to be apart of it. I'm Joe and you can learn more below: 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I almost exclusively played baseball until I finished high school. I picked up the game around the time I was 16, tagging along with friends to the driving range or the occasional 9 holes. I enjoyed the game and camaraderie but was primarily consumed with my first love, baseball. Fortunately, my very first job was working the bag room at a private club in central Connecticut. There I learned about the game, its history, golf equipment and all the other (good & bad) nuances of golf culture. I have not stopped since.

I consider myself a true bogey golfer. I will hit some good shots and some bad shots. I never practice and can only get out once every 7-10 days or so, and my game certainly reflects that. I do not have an official handicap but no one has ever batted an eye when I say I am an 18. I hope to get a more official handicap going soon. Regardless, I try to play the game the right way, have fun and keep it moving.

A goal in becoming a forum member is to improve my game and learn from others about their game/ approach to playing.

What do you love about golf?

Sometimes I’ll play a small cash game with buddies, sometimes I’ll bring a few pops to the course, sometimes I will play some music. There are a variety of ways to enjoy a round.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Connecticut, and grew up about 15 minutes north of New Haven. I played a lot of my early golf at Lyman Orchards. A good friend of my worked on the grounds crew there so he was able to get us out plenty. Actually, I had friends who worked at several public and private clubs around the area so was exposed to some nice courses from the get go.

I currently reside in southeast Connecticut. I play a lot of golf at Shennecossett in Groton – it has long been my personal favorite.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best: the weather from May thru October, fall golf, being outside, Travelers Championship, many amazing and historic private clubs if you are lucky enough.
Worst: a shorter season means public courses see a lot of play and slow rounds are not uncommon,

What do you do for a living?

I work in economic development and small business development.

How did you pick your username? 
My initials. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf for a little over 16 years including 4 years of high school golf. My handicap has fluctuated from as low as a 8 to a 12-13. 

The thing I love most about golf is the constant room for improvement. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I have heard from friends/family about golf spy and a few of them are current spies. I finally decided now was a good time to join. 

I am from Millis MA. My home course for the longest time was Glen Ellen county club, which is now 55 and older homes. Currently I play all over. 

I would say fall golf in my region so the best thing, while the winter is the worst. 

I am still currently in college at Umass Amherst. For a summer job I caddy at TPC Boston 

How’d you pick your user name?

I have used the same username since high school and have yet to switch it up. 

Huge fan of Callaway clubs. Epic max LS driver, Rouge 3 wood, apex irons, odyssey triple track putter. Have always used vokey wedges.  

• 2 weeks later...

-Ive been playing golf for about 2 years now, with an about 6 month break when I got sick.

-When I was younger I had the chance to play with my grandfather, a man I always envied and was close with. I now enjoy the game as a way to get out with friends and be able to relax and enjoy the outdoors in a different way than my other outdoor activities.

-I found this forum when I was looking up information and reviews on getting fit for clubs and the type I was looking to purchase.

-Im from the South Shore, Ma. My home course would have to be one that I play regularly and thats Ridder Farm Golf Course.

-The weather for sure can hinger the amount of time and how often I get out to play. Alot of time playing simulator but that is sometimes hard to schedule with a group.

-Picked the name due to the crazy colors and  designs of the sunglasses I often wear around the course since I got sick and constantly wear them. Some CCs ive played have been strict on the outfit but are not strict with my crazy sunglasses. 

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

I started golf in 2005. Played Until I got married in 2014, life got busy, focused on fishing when I had free time. Then my daughter took an interest and so did my wife and so I inherited some old clubs from my father in law and just got back into it. I’m lucky to break a 100, currently tracking a GHIN with a 21.3 handicap of about 12 rounds.

Everything. I can’t pin it down. Each time I go out I find something knew.

Just internet searches for reviews and golf courses. I do not know anyone else on here.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m in Norfolk county so I would say Maplegate is the closest club to me that I try to get out on when I have the money. Otherwise, I’m playing the Fore Kicks Par 3 during my lunch breaks. 

Winter, and course pricing. 

Equity Compenstation Communication Strategist for Financial Services. 

I used to have childhood epilepsy and I fly fish. Shakey  Fly

What’s in my bag….

Driver Taylormade R580XD

3w, 5w, 7w Taylormade R580

4-GW Ping i3+

54, 60, 64 wedges Callaway Jaws Raw Full toe. 

Putter is an Evnroll ER2B

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

4 hours ago, Shakeyfly said:

I started golf in 2005. Played Until I got married in 2014, life got busy, focused on fishing when I had free time. Then my daughter took an interest and so did my wife and so I inherited some old clubs from my father in law and just got back into it. I’m lucky to break a 100, currently tracking a GHIN with a 21.3 handicap of about 12 rounds.

Just internet searches for reviews and golf courses. I do not know anyone else on here.

I’m in Norfolk county so I would say Maplegate is the closest club to me that I try to get out on when I have the money. Otherwise, I’m playing the Fore Kicks Par 3 during my lunch breaks. 

What’s in my bag….

Driver Taylormade R580XD

4-GW Ping i3+

Welcome man! Sounds local I play maplegste once a week lately we’ll have to get out there sometime! 

Enjoy the forum some great folks around here

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Welcome all you folks stuck in NE 😁

I still love coming back to play and honestly I have a hard time NOT comparing golf everywhere to growing up playing in Central CT. There is just something about it. Welcome to the site and the forums. There is a lot of great stuff floating around on here, and some of it is even helpful, or about golf 🤣

Bring the questions, the analysis, the advice, but most of all, have fun. 

Welcome again

Cheers.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

29 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Welcome man! Sounds local I play maplegste once a week lately we’ll have to get out there sometime! 

Enjoy the forum some great folks around here

Thanks! Would love to meet local golfers. Maplegate is tough for my skill level

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

On 4/27/2023 at 8:24 AM, JDP said:

quicksquarenew_20234175516689.jpg

That right there is what it is ALLLLLL about!   That should be the photo of the year!

17 hours ago, Shakeyfly said:

What’s in my bag….

Driver Taylormade R580XD

4-GW Ping i3+

Welcome. I live under 2 miles from Maplegate. Have to meet up sometime 

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

Would love to! Just don't laugh too much at all my duffs and shanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be in Boston area Thursday and I am looking to play somewhere in between the airport and Portsmouth NH. Any suggestions? I have a tee time tentatively set at Sagamore in Hampton but open to suggestions. Tia

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

13 hours ago, Muckinfiddle said:

Going to be in Boston area Thursday and I am looking to play somewhere in between the airport and Portsmouth NH. Any suggestions? I have a tee time tentatively set at Sagamore in Hampton but open to suggestions. Tia

Black Swan in Georgetown,MA is in better shape and more challenging. Also easier to access from route 95. Even though you can see Sagamore from route 95, you have to take several backroads to get to it. 

:callaway-small: Jaws 58 wedge

:callaway-small:Paradym 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, P, AW, GW

:callaway-small: Paradym 3wood, 5wood, 7wood and Driver

:odyssey-small: White hot OG Seven putter

2 hours ago, ScramblinMan said:

Black Swan in Georgetown,MA is in better shape and more challenging. Also easier to access from route 95. Even though you can see Sagamore from route 95, you have to take several backroads to get to it. 

I got a tee time in the morning there, I think it might be closer to the airport than Sagamore.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

18 minutes ago, Muckinfiddle said:

I got a tee time in the morning there, I think it might be closer to the airport than Sagamore.

You'll definitely enjoy it more than Sagamore. Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here from NW CT?  I recently purchased a weekend/summer house in CT and looking for places to play.  Any suggestions.  House is in Litchfield county.

Cobra Drivers and Callaway Irons and Wedges.  Still looking for the right Putter and Hybrids.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys thanks for the add, glad to be here, I usually play central mass, juniper hill, Cyprian keys, Southborough and Berlin golf club. My WITB is gen 4 0811 x 10.5 PXG driver, gen 4 PXG 5wood, PXG hybrids 19,22,25, takomo 101 irons 6-pw, Cleveland zip core 52,56,60 wedges and an odyssey 11 tour putter. Just got back into the game during covid and am a 22 handicap. Just broke 90 this season.  

4 hours ago, Stiggy said:

Hi guys thanks for the add, glad to be here, I usually play central mass, juniper hill, Cyprian keys, Southborough and Berlin golf club. My WITB is gen 4 0811 x 10.5 PXG driver, gen 4 PXG 5wood, PXG hybrids 19,22,25, takomo 101 irons 6-pw, Cleveland zip core 52,56,60 wedges and an odyssey 11 tour putter. Just got back into the game during covid and am a 22 handicap. Just broke 90 this season.  

Welcome to the forum!

Close to myself and a few others here on the site. Do you get down to Belligham area during the year?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

13 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Welcome to the forum!

Close to myself and a few others here on the site. Do you get down to Belligham area during the year?

I usually play down that way when the winter comes, seems a lot of places stay open in southern New England, thanks for the welcome, cheers 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to find an excuse to come back up that way, and drag my bag with me, but work and honey-do lists are holding me back.  May the rest of your season be sunny and dry ladies and gents.

• 1 month later...

I got serious about golf about 10 years ago right after I stopped playing hockey.  I shoot around 100.  Sometimes under and sometimes over.  Recently I've improved my ball striking and now shooting an occasional round in the mid 90s which has been fun yet disappointing with the season so close to ending.

I always need something to challenge me and something to keep me active.  Golf provides both and will likely keep challenging me long into the future. 

I enjoy playing with my cousins who have also taken to the sport but it's also nice to meet random strangers on the course and learn about their own golf experiences.  I see a lot of low handicaps posted on this site but most people I run into shoot around 100 like me.  What gives?  Are you all playing in foursomes in the early AM?

I've gotten into club building and have become a real gearhead.  I often find myself on the Mygolfspy website doing research.  I strive for every club in my bag to be my favorite club.  While I'm pretty dialed in with my set right now, I'm constantly looking at ways to improve it.  Not that I need to but just something to ponder while I'm not on the course.

The stock Ping shafts are very good but my dispersion will tighten up if I swapped them out with my "go to" Hzrdus shafts.

I'd feel the clubhead better if I go to lighter wedge shafts and add some weight to the heads.  Then if I'm changing my wedges to be closer to my irons then why don't I just replace my gap wedge with one that matches my set of irons. 

I'm hitting my irons so well that maybe I just add a gap wedge and 5 iron so I have more irons to hit in my bag.  However, I nearly holed it with my current gap wedge the other day so why change?

A Mizuno 5 iron will have a really low loft (almost like a 4 iron) but I hit my 6 iron really high now so would that really matter?  If I just change out the shaft in my hybrid would that become the better club?  Am I really sure my 6 iron is a better club then my hybrid right now?

Yes, I know this is a problem but I like it.

I'm originally from Massachusetts but live in New Hampshire now.  I play Crotched Mountain a ton.  I also play Stonebridge, Souhegan, Hidden Creek and most recently started playing Granite Field when I find myself in the area.

Obvious the winter is the worst part of golf in the area.  The best thing is the amount of trees on our courses.  I know they represent some challenges but I'd rather have them then a layout that is completely open to the wind.

I was an engineer before moving into sales because it it a lot more fun to work in sales.

Why my user name?  It's stealth.  Under promise.  Over deliver.

Driver: Cobra Radspeed 9.5 Deg , Hzrdus Smoke

Woods:  Cobra Speedzone 3W & 5W, Hzrdus Smoke

Hybrids: Ping G425 3H & 4H, Alta CB

Irons: Mizuno JPX923 HM 6-PW, True Temper Gold 95

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX2 48,54,58, True Temper Gold 115 Wedge

Winn LT Midsize grips and all clubs shortened 1"

Putter:  Tommy Armour Impact No.3, Super Stroke 5.0 Grip

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

New to the site here and am a former Mainer who has moved down to Mass as an adult. I grew up in Northern Maine, Presque Isle to be exact, which actually has some beautiful and cheap 18-hole courses as open land is plentiful. Very different from Massachusetts.

I've been playing golf since I was just a little kid. My best handicap ever was around a 6. Since hitting adulthood and playing a lot less the handicap has crept up to around a 12.

I love everything about golf. It's a pleasure to every sense I have. I love the smell of fresh-cut grass, the feeling of making perfect contact with an iron as it flies straight for the pin, the sound of a ball hitting the bottom of the cup, the sight of a perfect draw coming back into the fairway, and the taste of a cold beer and hot dog at the turn. Golf is an escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and allows you to get away from the phone and out into nature again. Nothing can compete with it.

My new neighbor and friend @Lacassem has brought me here and I'm excited to get to meet other avid golfers from the area and around the world.

I'm from Bellingham, MA and my home course would have to be New England Country Club as it's right down the street from my house. However, I'm more of a free agent as I don't have a membership anywhere.

The best thing about golf in my area is that there are a lot of courses within an hour's drive. It's possible to play multiple courses without having to see the same hole over and over again. The worst thing is the cost and capacity. It can get expensive especially if you play multiple times a week without a membership. The course is usually always packed as well, rounds can take well over 6 hours easily.

I work for the MBTA Boston. If you are from the area you definitely know what that is and have your opinions of it.

My username came from my old call sign on the CB Radio in my Uncle's Jeep. He was always JeepMan and I was ParMan.

18 Birdies: Evan Waddell

13 minutes ago, ParMan42 said:

Hello All,

New to the site here and am a former Mainer who has moved down to Mass as an adult. I grew up in Northern Maine, Presque Isle to be exact, which actually has some beautiful and cheap 18-hole courses as open land is plentiful. Very different from Massachusetts.

I've been playing golf since I was just a little kid. My best handicap ever was around a 6. Since hitting adulthood and playing a lot less the handicap has crept up to around a 12.

I love everything about golf. It's a pleasure to every sense I have. I love the smell of fresh-cut grass, the feeling of making perfect contact with an iron as it flies straight for the pin, the sound of a ball hitting the bottom of the cup, the sight of a perfect draw coming back into the fairway, and the taste of a cold beer and hot dog at the turn. Golf is an escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and allows you to get away from the phone and out into nature again. Nothing can compete with it.

My new neighbor and friend @Lacassem has brought me here and I'm excited to get to meet other avid golfers from the area and around the world.

I'm from Bellingham, MA and my home course would have to be New England Country Club as it's right down the street from my house. However, I'm more of a free agent as I don't have a membership anywhere.

The best thing about golf in my area is that there are a lot of courses within an hour's drive. It's possible to play multiple courses without having to see the same hole over and over again. The worst thing is the cost and capacity. It can get expensive especially if you play multiple times a week without a membership. The course is usually always packed as well, rounds can take well over 6 hours easily.

I work for the MBTA Boston. If you are from the area you definitely know what that is and have your opinions of it.

My username came from my old call sign on the CB Radio in my Uncle's Jeep. He was always JeepMan and I was ParMan.

@EasyPutter another one of those radio guys!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

22 minutes ago, ParMan42 said:

Hello All,

Oh no.... now there's another one of us!? @Lacassem what have you done!? 🤣

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

12 minutes ago, ParMan42 said:

Hello All,

Welcome to the Forum @Parman42. I am also a "Masshole" living on the North Shore and hope you find the Forum to be informative and entertaining. I recently became a tester for Sqairz golf shoes this year and enjoyed the interaction with other members. Hope you find the benefits of the MGS pages educational and beneficial to your golf game... 

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Oh no.... now there's another one of us!? @Lacassem what have you done!? 🤣

Massachusetts taking over! Watch out California @GolfSpy SAM and transplant floridians @Rickp

Check out my reviews:

WITB: