GolfSpy MPR

Do you want Tiger to pass Jack?

This isn't a discussion of whether he will or not: I'm asking, if he were to win 17, are you rooting for him to get 18 and 19?

My answer: in part, I'd love for Tiger to finish with 18, tied with Jack. What better way to provoke conversation for years to come?

But in full honesty, I'd be pulling for him to get his nineteenth. There's certainly a selfish aspect to this: I want to be able to watch history being made.

• Like 2

Yes. Imo tiger is already the goat. Him passing jack stops all the debate in its tracks. Also puts him a few clear of Snead.

• Like 2

I'd like to see him pass Jack, and then I'd like to see the next phenom come along and pass Tiger.

I love seeing golfers perform super-human feats.

• Like 6

Records are made to be broken.  

• Like 1

With all respect to Jack, I'd like to see Tiger surpass him and excite another generation of future golfers. 

Yes, but it doesn't really matter. If you take just the injuries away, he already would have more. He is the best to ever wear spikes. 

• Like 2

Records are made to be broken. I want Tiger to get to 19 and keep going. Another generation down the road, I want someone else to do the same.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

There's certainly a selfish aspect to this: I want to be able to watch history being made.

Tiger makes history in some form or another pretty much every year. Yesterday set a few new records.

• Like 1

Yes I would. As a 10 year old watching Jack win the Masters in 86 with my Grandfather was the moment that really got me into golf and turned me into a golf nut. Watching Tiger win yesterday with my three children gave me that moment a second time. My kids knew of Tiger but none of them actually got to see him in his prime and yesterday was a glimpse into one of the greatest athletes that I will ever see in any sport. Not to mention Tiger now has three new fans in my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

28 sounds good.

• Like 3

I absolutely do and if he does I think it will solidify him as the GOAT. If he does.....my goodness I can only imagine the hysteria that will take place. Obviously there's excitement with him winning the Masters, but with the US Open and PGA Championship being played at Pebble and BPB respectively, one can't help get excited about the prospects of him getting 16 this year as well. If he continues to manage his health the way he has the last couple years I think it'll happen within the next 3 seasons. 

• Like 3

This would be the greatest thing I've ever witnessed (in sports) yes I would love it.

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Diamana White XS
FW: Cobra Fly-Z 16.5 Adila Proto XS
Hybrid: Adams Boxer Proto Gold 19 Adila Proto XS
Irons: Titleist 714 CB 4-PW DG X100
Wedges: Vokey 50-54-58
Putter: Odyssey Versa #7

I absolutely do and if he does I think it will solidify him as the GOAT. If he does.....my goodness I can only imagine the hysteria that will take place. Obviously there's excitement with him winning the Masters, but with the US Open and PGA Championship being played at Pebble and BPB respectively, one can't help get excited about the prospects of him getting 16 this year as well. If he continues to manage his health the way he has the last couple years I think it'll happen within the next 3 seasons. 
Could we have a chance at the Tiger slam come The Open Championship? How cool would that be!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Interesting question, of course, but it's not about what I want........

It's all about what does Tiger - and by extent any of and all of the other competitors - want .. which is (putting all health issues aside)... Who wants it most?

Here's a good viewpoint on how and why Tiger won The Masters....

"HOW TO DEVELOP THE MENTAL SKILLS OF TIGER WOODS

After surprising everyone with his victory at The Tour Championship last year, this green jacket further proves just how determined Tiger is to achieve even more goals in the game, despite all the struggles he’s had, and all the voices telling him to give up."

Continued at...

https://golfstateofmind.com/tiger-woods-mental-game-power-masters-email/

PS: I cannot admit to being a big Tiger fan but I do well appreciate the way he plays the game, and when so many tv talking heads were saying "..never again" .. I said, "Never say 'never'."

I don’t care if he passes Nicklaus or not. Tiger has given me my best memories of golf other than my own and for that he has done enough in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Even if he doesn't, it doesn't take away from his greatness or a reasonable assertion that he's the G.O.A.T.  The numbers aren't the only measure, IMO.

• Like 1

Yes, sir!

I never had the chance to watch Jack play... so Tiger all the way...