Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Buyers Remorse

fixyurdivot

Well, not really, kind of sort of.  I really like my G410 irons but in retrospect wish I had spent more time hitting the i500's during my fitting. It seemed we skipped past by these pretty quick during the session with TM, Mizuno, Callaway and Tour Edge to be included in the sifting exercise. I've hit the i500's twice at PING Demo's since bagging the G410's and they offer me a wee bit more distance and workability.  Even more, I dig their clean lines, forged blade look. I keep finding myself looking on-line for a good condition set with the 2 degree up loft, and correct shafts with +1/2 to +1 length.

So how about you?  Any similar stories on equipment acquisitions that you kind of sort of, or perhaps absolutely wish, you had done differently? 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I had been looking for a new driver and was demoing equipment for about a month and constantly been hitting on the same monitor so I had a really good feel for my numbers and what kind of distances and ball speeds I was seeing. On a whim, I picked up a Rogue SubZero. First ball is 1800 spin and goes 20 yards longer than anything I had hit before. I had been looking to reduce spin as I am constantly near 3000. I hit 20 balls and they are all deep, routinely hitting 280-290, when I am normally a 260-270 guy. Ended up buying it on the spot which is not like me. Of course when I got this beast on the range and on the course I had absolutely 0 control. The ball flight was so unpredictable, even on a good swing. Some would just knuckle down the middle of the fairway and fly forever. Get in some spots I had never been on the course before, but other shots would just drop and hook hard. Again, putting me in uncharted territory on the course but in a bad way. I'm now convinced that monitor didnt know how to handle the flight characteristics of the ball at 1600-1900 spin. Or maybe it did and any kind of real world influence just sent the ball crashing down. Was a total nightmare. Sold it pretty quickly at a decent loss. Sometimes you learn to hard way.

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

I have way more stories like this than successes that’s for sure. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Recently acquired a Tour Edge Exotics EXS driver with Tensei ck blue shaft, same as in my Cobra F8. Well it came with a 3 & 9 gram weights, since the launch was very low I ordered the weight kit. It has 6/11/14 gram weights. I have tried various combinations of the weights trying to help launch the hall higher but to no success. Thinking it may be my swing had changed, I put the F8 back in play this week and my launch was as I wanted. Why is the tour edge not launching? Both drivers have been adjusted to 11.5* but the EXS does not get the ball in the air, just line drives.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 6/19/2020 at 8:52 AM, fixyurdivot said:

I keep finding myself looking on-line for a good condition set with the 2 degree up loft, and correct shafts with +1/2 to +1 length.

Keep in mind - any local shop can do these pretty easily for you.  Granted the additional length is probably something you already want to be included as you'd have to regrip all clubs and just keep adding $$$, but the other adjustments should be no issue and relatively inexpensive if you can find the right price.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I, like many around MGS want to tinker much too often.  My latest was a Titleist 818 hybrid to replace the 915.  Granted it's only been a couple weeks so a little early to tell, but I don't feel like I get as much pop and I like the 915 head shape a little bit more as it offers more confidence.  

This could be my familiarity so I'm going to give it a few more months.  I also needed a new shaft for the 818 since the Tensei White it came with was a TX stiffness I believe and feels extremely boardy and hard to swing. 

The other miss for me in the past 2 years, was an Evnroll ER7.  I found it at a really good price and decided to give it a go, but did not like the shape whatsoever.  No big deal as I was able to return for full refund.  

I think the equipment part of golf is truly a blessing and a curse.  The amount of technology that can help adjust tendencies or improve quality of play is great.  However, this also has me reading reviews about so many different sorts of items, from balls to gloves to shafts to find what can give me any sort of competitive advantage to elevate my game when my current equipment is well suited or I don’t give the opportunity to truly see if it would work. Changing and adjusting to different clubs too often can wreak havoc on your game as well.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

bought a taylormade M1 when it first came out and I was sold on all the weights being adjusted .. I demoed it and it was okay .. I figured I just need to get used to it .. I hated everything about that driver from the sound to the feel .. I still played it for years before I switch to the G400 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag