Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Mavrik Max vs Epic Flash 5w

I did a fitting and was using a Mavrik Max 5 wood and just hit all the high points (easy to launch, straight, soft landing). Wondering how much difference to the Epic Flash fairway 

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

On 8/10/2020 at 10:07 PM, Rchang said:

I did a fitting and was using a Mavrik Max 5 wood and just hit all the high points (easy to launch, straight, soft landing). Wondering how much difference to the Epic Flash fairway 

What's the root of your question?  Are you hoping that they are very similar and you can save some dough on your fairway wood?  My personal opinion is that the Mavrik is more "like" a Rouge than an Epic Flash.  When you get fitted, be sure that they also fit you for the appropriate shaft and not just shaft flex.  The Mavrik line comes with lots of options that you can use standard and no two shafts really have the same characteristics in their line up.  If you can afford it, buy what you get fitted for new or see if you can find it CPO on Callaway preowned.

Mavrik Max 9 degree loft w/ROUGE white X-Stiff 70g

Maverick Max 3W, 5W w/ROUGE white X-Stiff 70g

Mavrik Max 3H, KBS tour prototype 70/80 X-Stiff 80g

Speedblade 4-PW, AW, SW KBS Siff 85g

Ghost Sypder putter

bourbon to be drank neat

On 8/10/2020 at 11:07 PM, Rchang said:

Like @Hadi05 said, are you trying to save a few bucks by getting the flash over the Mavrik?  I would be very hesitant to buy the epic based on your Mavrik fitting.  Not to say the flash isn't a good club, but the MavMax is a draw biased club with a good amount of tech and weight being used to help keep the club face square/closed.

I'm not saying you wouldn't like the flash, but definitely hit it before buying it if you can.

Lefty

Epic flash 9*+2* HZRDS smoke stiff 60g

T100s/200 combo project x LZ 6.5  125g std length 2* upright 

I have the flash 5w and I bomb it.  It's an amazing club and quickly becoming one of my favorites in the bag.  That being said, I have hit the Mav driver and hated it compared to my flash driver.  I didn't like the sound or the look.  Just my opinion.  I totally agree with everyone else, if you hit the Mav in a fitting and loved it...then that's the one for you.  If price is an issue, wait a little bit until they go on sale, you are almost at the end of the season in a lot of places and companies are bringing out their new equipment so being patient will pay off in the form of savings (again if that is your main issue).  If cost is no issue then as they say on Parks and Rec:

image.jpeg.9fabda749faf261ae08e13c0f594d5e8.jpeg

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Yeah, trying to save some cash. I play 20-30 times a year and fitter himself said to save my money and play more golf. Going to wait for next year

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter