Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Pop up Ad Windows

fixyurdivot

40 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I use chrome no ad blockers are helping me out on my iPhone 

I can't say I know much about the ad blockers available for iPhone as I'm am Android user. I have to correct myself if I said I use Ad Block Plus, I use Ad Block Browser to get on the forum. I'm not sure if it's available in the Apple store as I didn't see it. Hopefully someone will figure out the ad problem on the site and get rid of it, is pretty aggravating. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've definitely been noticing a ton more pop up banners from my mobile lately... The one on the bottom I can typically exit out of no problem but the last week or so there's been ads that show up on the bottom but every couple seconds will create a sort of frame all the way around the 4 edges of the screen. There's no way to exit out of the banner, and quite often disables the ability to click any links on the page. I need to refresh the page and quickly find the link before the ad starts gumming things up again🙄

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

20 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

I've definitely been noticing a ton more pop up banners from my mobile lately... The one on the bottom I can typically exit out of no problem but the last week or so there's been ads that show up on the bottom but every couple seconds will create a sort of frame all the way around the 4 edges of the screen. There's no way to exit out of the banner, and quite often disables the ability to click any links on the page. I need to refresh the page and quickly find the link before the ad starts gumming things up again🙄

What browser and what operating system are you using?

24 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Yup. It makes replying to posts very cumbersome. 

Mods need to do something about the ads. I get needing the revenue, but not when it impacts the user experience so often 

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

What browser and what operating system are you using?

I'm on Android, and I'm using the Chrome app. I occasionally use my desktop and have some ad blockers that seems to clear things up on the desktop experience for me. 

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Yup. It makes replying to posts very cumbersome. 

Mods need to do something about the ads. I get needing the revenue, but not when it impacts the user experience so often 

Yeah, I'm totally with you. I definitely understand that money talks, but it's definitely impacting my experience in a noticeably negative way. All the more reason to donate to MGS, if in fact that will limit ads instead of just add more cash flow on top of ad revenue.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

...beyond frustrating; especially if you don't have a 6+ inch phone. I've given up several times. 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

3 hours ago, ncwoz said:

I'm on Android, and I'm using the Chrome app. I occasionally use my desktop and have some ad blockers that seems to clear things up on the desktop experience for me. 

Yeah, I'm totally with you. I definitely understand that money talks, but it's definitely impacting my experience in a noticeably negative way. All the more reason to donate to MGS, if in fact that will limit ads instead of just add more cash flow on top of ad revenue.

Yes I was having the issues on chrome on my iPhone and switched to safari and added an ad blocker, as suggested by guys on here. I have no more banners or ads and the speed is much better. Maybe check the App Store fore ad blockers, most aren’t for chrome which sucks, and try a different browser with an ad blocker for the forum alone. I use chrome for everything but the forum, annoying to do but it works!

• 2 months later...

Oh great. They’re back. 

EB7E4C71-8D60-4531-BFC9-A152D2E85A20.png.f436caf489b1f7ea62e4b306bd2fb3e2.png

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

5 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Oh great. They’re back. 

EB7E4C71-8D60-4531-BFC9-A152D2E85A20.png.f436caf489b1f7ea62e4b306bd2fb3e2.png

Same for me, clicked and got Audi way to many times today.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Same here. Screen looked just like above and I thought I had accidentally hit something. As a matter of fact, the ad just popped up again as I am typing this 😂

Maybe I should buy an Audi……..   

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

• 2 years later...

It's great to hear that you found a solution with ad blockers on your desktop, but it's a bit frustrating that there isn't a seamless fix for mobile browsing. Have you considered exploring different browsers or ad blockers for your Android device? By the way, if you're ever looking to enhance your desktop experience further, maybe checking out Windows 11 Professional edition could offer some additional features to streamline your workflow! Just a thought to consider as you navigate through your tech solutions.

Edited by LorenZow

Well, looks like the software kids have been busy figuring out how to defeat ad block extensions.  AdBlock Plus had been working.  More recently I added UBlock Origin as recommended by one of our members and that kept the pop up's at bay.  As of today, pop up's are all over the site 😏.  I've been using Edge for quite some time... this is kind of a PITA.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Just opened the site on Brave and no pop-ups... yet. Some former work colleagues that are part of a retired guys email group have been lamenting and cussing Microsoft.  It seems the more "updates" I do, the worse things get.

You’re not alone, typically use MGS from my phone and the mobile experience has been rough lately, very slow.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

2 hours ago, BallsLeon said:

You’re not alone, typically use MGS from my phone and the mobile experience has been rough lately, very slow.

Yes, it has been pretty slow today.

The typical page load on MGS is slower than your average site to begin with, but it seems every 4th/5th page load hangs for almost a minute. AKA an eternity in modern internet.

Edited by BallsLeon
  • Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ