What Equipment Have You Tested?

GolfSpy_APH

Probably a good place to start for my first post.  I have been testing the new Ping g430 Max 10K with a few shafts.  Current gamer is the Stealth 2+ with HZRDS (black) S shaft.  The ping is certainly a substantial change (looks, sound tech, etc.).  My carry distance is down 3-5% with the Ping (currently), but dialing in the right shaft is bringing it back to normal carry with A LOT more consistency.  My swing speed falls right between S and XS but the optimal setup here seems to be on the flexier S shafts available.   Tried the Kali', HZRDS (Blue), Ping Tour 2.0 and a Ventus 5s yesterday at the sim and the Ventus / HZRDS blue are giving me the best numbers.  HZDS blue launches super low compared to all the others.  After about 50 swings the Ventus produced 2nd best ball speed, Carries 260-270, smallest dispersion and a really consistent peak flight between 95-105 ft.

WITB Changes with my mood: 
G430 Max 10K 
TSR 3W
TSR 7W
P7MC 4-PW
Vokey SM9 52,56,60
Odyssey OG Jailbird 

WELCOME TO THE SITE!  ahhh Another Bostonian in the house!  how are you liking the setup so far?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I just went through an iron fitting. So I tested a lot of different things. But for purposes of keeping it short, I was fitted into the new Mizuno Pro 245 with KBS Tour C-taper Lite 115 X. My previous players clubs were from the late 90's as hand me downs (Ping i3+ with regular flex shafts). So the difference as you can imagine is night and day. 

The Mizuno's do in fact have a much different feel than the other irons. It's a softer almost more controllable feel in my personal opinion. I'm still learning the game and don't have much club experience so weighing in on what the fitter recommended based upon my shots that I was hitting, I was pumped. 

Ping i3+ 7 iron is 34 degrees of loft, and with the regular flex, I was favoring a strong draw/hook, and distance was around 163 yards with a 91 mph club head speed and 9k of spin 115 height. I believe the descent angle was something like 47.5 degrees

Mizuno Pro 245 7 iron is a 30 degree club, with XS shafts, I was now favoring a controllable slight draw (I swing in to out naturally for my irons), distance of 180? (trying to remember if this was correct, the distance change was significant) with around 6500 spin and 100-103 height and I don't recall the descent angle but I believe I didn't lose much maybe still 45-47 degrees. 

The Mizunos sat very nicely behind the ball to my eye, and that added confidence of thinner top line, shape, and the speed of which the ball comes off the face was just awesome. I really felt like I didn't have to change anything to get the ball going straighter, and when I felt myself starting to lose focus or mishit the ball, there absolutely was distance forgiveness. The sound was unbelievable. A flush shot really had that nice clack to it. The feel was softer if that makes any sense. It didn't feel as clunky or dense. Not softer as in squishy but I feel like I felt the ball on the face much better than other clubs. 

Edited by Shakeyfly

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

Hello there,

I wanted to share my recent experience with a PXG fitting session that I had last Saturday. The experience was nothing short of exceptional. I have tried PXG drivers before and enjoyed them, specifically the PXG Gen4 XT driver. However, I'm currently using the Titiest TSR3 driver, which didn't perform well for me last season. Hence, I decided to try the new PXG Black Ops 0311 driver, and I was very impressed with how it felt and responded to each of my strikes.

Although I wasn't hitting it perfectly during the fitting since it was the off-season here in the Midwest, I could tell that the new PXG driver was of a different caliber. I'm planning on working on my launch angle to get it up by a few degrees and keeping the spin down during the off-season. I'm confident this will help me get the most out of the new driver once I'm back on the course.

I'm already looking forward to going back for another fitting in a few weeks or months once I get my driver swing dialed in. Meanwhile, I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the new PXG Black Ops driver. Did you have a similar experience? Let me know what you think.

Also The MN Golf Show is this weekend and I am very excited to try out LAB DF.3 putter among several other brands. 

JSki_Golf

Went to try out the latest irons that fit my "eye" per say at the Golf Town in the area I was  in this week.  The New Ping Blueprints looked awesome online so I was excited to see and try them out.  I was also, very curious about the new Mizunos 245's.  

So, once I got into the Store and checked out these irons I couldn't wait to try them both out.  I headed to the stalls and started to hit.  Once I got warmed up I got the fitter to reset the numbers I was ready to go.  

Have to say that I was very pleased to say that they both felt amazing.  The Ping Blueprint S Irons felt a little better than the Mizuno's but it was not very much.  They didn't have the shafts that I wanted to use for the session but there wouldnt have been much of a difference as far as I could tell.  

After the session was over and I looked at the numbers I was very surprised.  While I truly do believe that I am biased about Mizuno's I thought that the Ping Blueprint's had a slight edge for looks and feel.  That said numbers don't lie, and the Ping's were almost 9yds short of the Mizuno's.  While I got a slightly better spin rate the angles were almost identical.  Another factor I struggled with was the direction.  The Ping irons flew high with a bit of a fade while the Mizuno's were my solid ball flight of a fairly high draw.  

In the end of the session I felt a bit frustrated and maybe a little disappointed.  Once the snow is gone here and the Ranges and Courses open I will be hitting these both again and possibly the Titleist 150's.  Has any one has any input on either or all of these clubs please share your experiences.

Edited by StrikurJim

WIMyB

Nike Vapor Fly driver 

Nike Covert Tour 3Wood

Titleist 913 5Wood

Titleist 915 7Wood

Mizuno MP-64 4i-PW

Mizuno T-4 50 and 54 Wedges

Callaway Mack Daddy forged 58

Odyssey Stroke Labs Double Wide

On 12/27/2023 at 2:21 PM, Owengeorge13 said:

I just hit srixon zx5 mkii’s for the first time.  They were awesome, I never hit a srixon iron before, I never had the opportunity.  Just a solid great set of irons.  I have Callaway apex 21 (which are now over three seasons old).  I may have to look into finding a set of the zx5’s to put on ice until I can get them retro fitted.  I know they were ranked first by mgs for players distance.  Rightfully so…

I just switched to the Zx5 mkII irons in the spring from the Callaway DCB myself. Definitely won't regret the switch.

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

Last year I was a tester for Maxfli Tour golf balls.  Prior to testing, I had a preconceived notion that the Maxfli Tour would not compare to the Titleist Pro VI or other top shelf golf balls.  I proved my preconceived notion to be wrong.  You can read my complete review here on our forum.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

Did an indoor 7 Iron comparison at Golftec of my 2021 Taylormade P790's with NS850 Pro S shafts and the New Mizuno Pro 243 KBS with Tour Lite R shafts.

Loved the new Mizuno Irons. Still waiting to do some outdoor testing on grass to compare shafts before making the purchase. 

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 10.42.28 PM.png

image.png         21 P790's Nippon Pro 850 S

image.png               AI Smoke 10.5 w/ Ventus Blue 5S

image.png                AI Smoke 3 HL Fairway w/ Stock Tensei Blue

image.png                Epic  Hybrid

image.png                2023 Jaws Raw

image.png                Pro V1

image.jpeg.c8b4ffb4ff4de8ea8afba23108e17df9.jpeg          Tour BX and BRX

Screenshot2024-02-11at9_30_37PM.png.1e4cb7cbea3eff113419aae62f667ad2.pngPhantom X 5

image.pngimage.png.2b1b71322a7777a170fc398e58331e60.png  image.png.e0ef3e994d42a54c95d17baf9258a43a.png

image.png

image.png

Went to PXG today and tried their Driver challenge. The kid rushed me through my driver and their new Black Ops only beat my driver in distance by 3 yards. Plus my old Sim2 Mad had a tighter dispersion.  The whole thing was severely skewed toward PXG which was okay. What I wanted was to see if I liked the new Black Ops driver and the answer to that is no, I did not.  The ball felt dead coming off the face.

My swing speed averaged 89 mph with the PXG and my club. My efficiency with the Sim2 averaged 1.48 and the PXG was in the 1.4 to 1.43.  It really wasn't much of a fitting. He put two shafts on the club and moved the weights around a few times. One shaft worked, well sort of. I really had to work to keep it consistent. The other shaft, I do not know the brand, was awful. After 5 or so strokes with it I handed it back. 

All in all it was an interesting test of the new Black Ops driver. And, I was not impressed. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

1 minute ago, EnderinAZ said:

Went to PXG today and tried their Driver challenge. The kid rushed me through my driver and their new Black Ops only beat my driver in distance by 3 yards. Plus my old Sim2 Mad had a tighter dispersion.  The whole thing was severely skewed toward PXG which was okay. What I wanted was to see if I liked the new Black Ops driver and the answer to that is no, I did not.  The ball felt dead coming off the face.

My swing speed averaged 89 mph with the PXG and my club. My efficiency with the Sim2 averaged 1.48 and the PXG was in the 1.4 to 1.43.  It really wasn't much of a fitting. He put two shafts on the club and moved the weights around a few times. One shaft worked, well sort of. I really had to work to keep it consistent. The other shaft, I do not know the brand, was awful. After 5 or so strokes with it I handed it back. 

All in all it was an interesting test of the new Black Ops driver. And, I was not impressed. 

You’re not the only one. I’m not a fan of any PXG drivers.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft 

Woods: Ping 425 Max 3-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Hybrid: PXG 0317 17*-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Irons: New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: PXG 311 Gen 3 52-56 Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Putter: TaylorMade Truss Heal

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Ball: OnCore VeroX 

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

Just recently finished my official review of the Caley 01 irons.  Really enjoyed my first review and the irons.  

Just getting started on an unofficial review of the Wellputt 13 foot putting mat.  I am saving my practice scores and comparing them to my putting on the course. Hopefully it will help improve my putting and scores. 

Jnr

In January I purchased a set of New Level 902 PDs. I have played them in both the sim and on the course. I also played my PXG 0311s. Both sets are Xstiff, the 902s have the Project X IO shafts, the PXGs have the KBS Tour Lite shafts. The 902 PDs are a more compact head than the 902 OS clubs which is why I wanted them. The New Level 623 MBs were on my radar, but with the 902 PDs being discontinued and at a lower price, I just couldn't pass them up. Plus, talking with the New Level team, we came to the conclusion that the 902s would be a better fit for me. The New Level 902 OSs would be about the same size as my PXG 0311s; I just didn't want that. Anyway, let's get down to the real nitty gritty. I hit my PXGs well, but I hit the New Levels even better, and longer. I am glad I bought them! My buddy has the same PXGs in the same shafts I do and he hit the New Levels and loved them too. Both of us hit the New Levels about 10-15 yards further than the PXGs on the sim. On the course I noticed I would hit a 9 iron as far as my PXG 8 iron. I hit a 163 yard par 3 pin high with my 9 iron. That's usually an 8 iron shot for me. Out of the rough on a par 4 I hit the 9 iron and was on the back of the green. I measured the pin at 155. This shot was over trees which is why I chose the 9 over the 8. I was surprised at the distance. Be advised this was winter golf but the temp was 55 degrees so I have to take that into consideration. I did see a little more roll out than what I am used to, but I am thinking that's due to the winter greens. I am still impressed. If you are looking for a DTC golf company or are looking for a new set of irons at a good price point, give New Level a shot. They have a 7 iron demo program that I did not use, but is available. I didn't use it because I did a lot of research and knew already that I wanted either the 623s or the 902 PDs. I knew my numbers and fit, plus I collaborated with the New Level team and we both got a good feel of what I should play well based off of what clubs I have tried and played before. They do know what they are talking about, but I did override them on shaft stiffness. I just know what shafts I wanted and where I fit in that world. It took them about 8 days to get the clubs to me which is as fast as PXG. I am looking to get a travel set of clubs and need to have another conversation with New Level, but I am leaning on getting the 623 MBs. I have been on ebay looking at clubs because I don't want to spend a fortune for travel clubs, but the 623 MBs are only $99 a club and I want a set of muscle backs anyway. I hope this helps with anyone looking for an option for new irons. As always Happy Birdie Hunting!!!

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

10 minutes ago, Erin B said:

In January I purchased a set of New Level 902 PDs. I have played them in both the sim and on the course. I also played my PXG 0311s. Both sets are Xstiff, the 902s have the Project X IO shafts, the PXGs have the KBS Tour Lite shafts. The 902 PDs are a more compact head than the 902 OS clubs which is why I wanted them. The New Level 623 MBs were on my radar, but with the 902 PDs being discontinued and at a lower price, I just couldn't pass them up. Plus, talking with the New Level team, we came to the conclusion that the 902s would be a better fit for me. The New Level 902 OSs would be about the same size as my PXG 0311s; I just didn't want that. Anyway, let's get down to the real nitty gritty. I hit my PXGs well, but I hit the New Levels even better, and longer. I am glad I bought them! My buddy has the same PXGs in the same shafts I do and he hit the New Levels and loved them too. Both of us hit the New Levels about 10-15 yards further than the PXGs on the sim. On the course I noticed I would hit a 9 iron as far as my PXG 8 iron. I hit a 163 yard par 3 pin high with my 9 iron. That's usually an 8 iron shot for me. Out of the rough on a par 4 I hit the 9 iron and was on the back of the green. I measured the pin at 155. This shot was over trees which is why I chose the 9 over the 8. I was surprised at the distance. Be advised this was winter golf but the temp was 55 degrees so I have to take that into consideration. I did see a little more roll out than what I am used to, but I am thinking that's due to the winter greens. I am still impressed. If you are looking for a DTC golf company or are looking for a new set of irons at a good price point, give New Level a shot. They have a 7 iron demo program that I did not use, but is available. I didn't use it because I did a lot of research and knew already that I wanted either the 623s or the 902 PDs. I knew my numbers and fit, plus I collaborated with the New Level team and we both got a good feel of what I should play well based off of what clubs I have tried and played before. They do know what they are talking about, but I did override them on shaft stiffness. I just know what shafts I wanted and where I fit in that world. It took them about 8 days to get the clubs to me which is as fast as PXG. I am looking to get a travel set of clubs and need to have another conversation with New Level, but I am leaning on getting the 623 MBs. I have been on ebay looking at clubs because I don't want to spend a fortune for travel clubs, but the 623 MBs are only $99 a club and I want a set of muscle backs anyway. I hope this helps with anyone looking for an option for new irons. As always Happy Birdie Hunting!!!

You should take a look at the new line up!  I made a thread here.

🙃

1 minute ago, Owengeorge13 said:

You should take a look at the new line up!  I made a thread here.

I just got off their site! I also emailed them. I really like their product! Plus, I really like the 623s. I am headed to your write up now!!! Happy Birdie Hunting!!!

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

Congrats on the new clubs!!!

Recently my personal tests have consisted of a putting mirror, a ball retriever, and a Lombardi Blue Dot putter. Working up the review for them shortly.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Lombardi review is up 

Have been testing 4 hybrid vs. 4 iron lately and go back and forth quite a bit. As one might expect, the 4 hybrid does a much better job at getting up in the air and coming in steep on the greens. Have hit some truly impressive (for me) approaches into longer par 4s and long par 3s with it. The distance consistency also seems better on mishits. However, the right-left dispersion seems a little wider than the 4 iron.

Of course the 4 iron comes out lower and looks to peak lower. On mishits I lose a lot more yardage, coming up short. But also, it seems the left-right dispersion is a little tighter. Also much easier to control in the wind. But, I don't hit the ball particularly high so 4 iron into longer par 4s or par 3s often doesn't stop. Anyway, I think for now I will stay with the 4H setup and maybe if it's super windy take the 4 iron. 

Recently tried out the newer p770 irons and its really making me consider switching to a more forgiving set. What i really wasn't expecting was how good they felt. The only thing that concerned me a little bit was the spin not being high enough, the store i tried them in only had Project X iron shafts for the demos in x flex to try so I know that those shafts are not going to help with spin as much as others but the 7 iron was only spinning at around 4900 which to me is too low for a 7, I would like to see it at least around the high 5000's to 6000 rpm for that kind of iron. Would love to be able to try them again with different shaft options and a better ball to see the numbers because that is one nice iron I could easily play.

Driver- Sim Max

3 Wood- TS2

Irons- P7TW

Wedges- vokey 50, nike 56, taylormade 60

Putter- Evnroll ER1-ts

12 hours ago, Thoughland2444 said:

Recently tried out the newer p770 irons and it’s really making me consider switching to a more forgiving set. What i really wasn't expecting was how good they felt. The only thing that concerned me a little bit was the spin not being high enough, the store i tried them in only had Project X iron shafts for the demos in x flex to try so I know that those shafts are not going to help with spin as much as others but the 7 iron was only spinning at around 4900 which to me is too low for a 7, I would like to see it at least around the high 5000's to 6000 rpm for that kind of iron. Would love to be able to try them again with different shaft options and a better ball to see the numbers because that is one nice iron I could easily play.

I have the first gens and love them. Very consistent distance. I have no problem generating spin though.

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

BJM Kotahi Putter Grips

Hi forum members, I recently stumbled on these putter grips through a friend. The company describes themselves as

“We are a small innovative company that uses golf swing biomechanics to investigate what - why - when we do things in a golf swing and do our best to deliver a filtered simplified message to our followers and athletes.”

A further intro to the company is on their website https://bjmputtergrips.com/en/about

I would say that putting has always been one of the strongest areas of my golf game but last season I felt that my stroke was “loose”. A friend of mine had one of these grips in standard size on a putter and I liked the concept but felt it was just a touch large for me, so I ordered one grip in their “undersize”.

I keep 2 putters always, 1 mallet (an early 2000s Japan tour Centre shaft Spider) and a blade (a Bettinardi BB28 slotback centreshaft). I fitted the grip to the Bettinardi.

Now BJM is a small but global company I think based in Hong Kong but must have Australasian connections as “Kotahi” is a Māori word.

They have numerous instructional videos as to a putting system they have developed and was informed by the CEO of the company who impressively replied to a post on my Insta that they actually build putters around the system also!

The basic concept is that you putt with the palms more underneath the shaft so “palms up” The grip I would say is similar in design to the the garsen max grip, which was on my gamer before (with the peak of the grip running down the centre of the up side of the grip) but is larger and more pronounced. The thumbs thus sitting at a 45deg angle.

The forces the palms under and tucks the elbows tight to the body. I felt it enabled me just to rock the shoulders. I try to putt with a SBST stroke. I adapted their concept a little and overlapped the grip rather than a split grip (photos)as this worked for a more solid feel for me. Without question this has had an impact on my putting, more centre strikes really excited about the coming season.

Initially i bought the silicone grip in black and the texture wasn’t my favourite but loved the grip so bought 2 more in the red polyurethane and fitted them to both my putters. I I believe they also offer a cabretta leather grip as well but only in the standard size. I bought mine for around 30 British pounds each I’m not sure how that would translate to continental North America but am certain they ship there. Worth checking out if it sounds like your thing, they’ve made a huge difference for me 👍👍

EA1C5DBE-241B-4C1B-BC10-E12E825602CE.jpeg

8BF1BD4D-0B39-426A-B971-B94492011058.jpeg

0A42F42E-8FBD-4D1E-A421-5926D13E179C.jpeg

Paradym TD GD Tour AD UB 6x, Mizuno STG 3 wood Fuji Speeder V, Cal apex UW 19deg, Mizuno pro 225 4 iron, Mizuno pro 223 5-PW Project x 6.5 rifles, Vokey 50,54,58 Bettinardi bb28 slotback CS

5 hours ago, Gargolf8 said:

BJM Kotahi Putter Grips

Hi forum members, I recently stumbled on these putter grips through a friend. The company describes themselves as

“We are a small innovative company that uses golf swing biomechanics to investigate what - why - when we do things in a golf swing and do our best to deliver a filtered simplified message to our followers and athletes.”

A further intro to the company is on their website https://bjmputtergrips.com/en/about

I would say that putting has always been one of the strongest areas of my golf game but last season I felt that my stroke was “loose”. A friend of mine had one of these grips in standard size on a putter and I liked the concept but felt it was just a touch large for me, so I ordered one grip in their “undersize”.

I keep 2 putters always, 1 mallet (an early 2000s Japan tour Centre shaft Spider) and a blade (a Bettinardi BB28 slotback centreshaft). I fitted the grip to the Bettinardi.

Now BJM is a small but global company I think based in Hong Kong but must have Australasian connections as “Kotahi” is a Māori word.

They have numerous instructional videos as to a putting system they have developed and was informed by the CEO of the company who impressively replied to a post on my Insta that they actually build putters around the system also!

The basic concept is that you putt with the palms more underneath the shaft so “palms up” The grip I would say is similar in design to the the garsen max grip, which was on my gamer before (with the peak of the grip running down the centre of the up side of the grip) but is larger and more pronounced. The thumbs thus sitting at a 45deg angle.

The forces the palms under and tucks the elbows tight to the body. I felt it enabled me just to rock the shoulders. I try to putt with a SBST stroke. I adapted their concept a little and overlapped the grip rather than a split grip (photos)as this worked for a more solid feel for me. Without question this has had an impact on my putting, more centre strikes really excited about the coming season.

Initially i bought the silicone grip in black and the texture wasn’t my favourite but loved the grip so bought 2 more in the red polyurethane and fitted them to both my putters. I I believe they also offer a cabretta leather grip as well but only in the standard size. I bought mine for around 30 British pounds each I’m not sure how that would translate to continental North America but am certain they ship there. Worth checking out if it sounds like your thing, they’ve made a huge difference for me 👍👍

EA1C5DBE-241B-4C1B-BC10-E12E825602CE.jpeg

8BF1BD4D-0B39-426A-B971-B94492011058.jpeg

0A42F42E-8FBD-4D1E-A421-5926D13E179C.jpeg

Love the color!  Hopefully they are durable and last awhile!!!

13 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Love the color!  Hopefully they are durable and last awhile!!!

Hi Rob interesting you should say that I have been speaking to the owner of the company tonight who’s sending one of their putters out to me to try. He told me they have decided to discontinue the production of the Polyurethane grip as they weren’t happy with the durability in the hot humid conditions in Asia. I guess this would translate to parts of the US also. I also have the silicone version in black and that material is just about bullet proof! He’s also sending out the leather version as I’ve had trouble sourcing it in the U.K. I’m getting version 1 of the putter and there is a version 2 in production currently as I learn more I’ll post up on here with pics 👍

Paradym TD GD Tour AD UB 6x, Mizuno STG 3 wood Fuji Speeder V, Cal apex UW 19deg, Mizuno pro 225 4 iron, Mizuno pro 223 5-PW Project x 6.5 rifles, Vokey 50,54,58 Bettinardi bb28 slotback CS

11 minutes ago, Gargolf8 said:

Hi Rob interesting you should say that I have been speaking to the owner of the company tonight who’s sending one of their putters out to me to try. He told me they have decided to discontinue the production of the Polyurethane grip as they weren’t happy with the durability in the hot humid conditions in Asia. I guess this would translate to parts of the US also. I also have the silicone version in black and that material is just about bullet proof! He’s also sending out the leather version as I’ve had trouble sourcing it in the U.K. I’m getting version 1 of the putter and there is a version 2 in production currently as I learn more I’ll post up on here with pics 👍

Definitely do an unofficial review on the grips and the putter!!!

10 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Definitely do an unofficial review on the grips and the putter!!!

Ok will do, is there a special thread to do unofficial reviews or do you do it on this thread?

For a new travel bag I am going to try and test out. The old bag boy has been great but is really old and was due for an update.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 hours ago, Gargolf8 said:

Ok will do, is there a special thread to do unofficial reviews or do you do it on this thread?

Just create a new thread in the member reviews area:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/9-member-reviews/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 2/25/2024 at 2:40 PM, BigLebowski said:

Have been testing 4 hybrid vs. 4 iron lately and go back and forth quite a bit. As one might expect, the 4 hybrid does a much better job at getting up in the air and coming in steep on the greens. Have hit some truly impressive (for me) approaches into longer par 4s and long par 3s with it. The distance consistency also seems better on mishits. However, the right-left dispersion seems a little wider than the 4 iron.

Of course the 4 iron comes out lower and looks to peak lower. On mishits I lose a lot more yardage, coming up short. But also, it seems the left-right dispersion is a little tighter. Also much easier to control in the wind. But, I don't hit the ball particularly high so 4 iron into longer par 4s or par 3s often doesn't stop. Anyway, I think for now I will stay with the 4H setup and maybe if it's super windy take the 4 iron. 

At a slower swing speed I'm the same way but with 5 iron / hybrid, bought a well used TaylorMade DHY 5 utility iron off Fleabay at a good price and so far starting late last season and in sims this winter its been better than the hybrid or 5 iron for me. The DHY especially at the upper lofts are far less driving iron than most of the utility iron category to me , having tried it at several things it actually chips very well when gripped down on and low stingers under bushes come out strong for me, pretty strong out of rough but haven't hit it in really deep stuff yet. 

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Just create a new thread in the member reviews area:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/9-member-reviews/

Thanks very much I’m a new kid and haven’t quite worked it all out yet 😂👍👍

9 minutes ago, Gargolf8 said:

Thanks very much I’m a new kid and haven’t quite worked it all out yet 😂👍👍

Welcome and just ask away and someone will help you out.   Some will jump in to try and help even if you don't ask 🤣

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Welcome and just ask away and someone will help you out.   Some will jump in to try and help even if you don't ask 🤣

I resemble that remark!  😆 🤣 😂 

Welcome aboard @Gargolf8 !!!