Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2024 What is safe in your bag? What's on the chopping block?

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, BNewton51 said:

I mean, I may know a guy that knows a guy to help with all those moving parts!!  Oh, wait a second...

In any event, yes we ALL do know you... You'll be shifting to something new REAL soon.  

Am I THAT predictable, or do I just have a label now? 

To your point, yeah. I left the Titleist line off of the list by mistake. I'm definitely interested in the T-150, or maybe a 150/200 combo. Of the list, the only clubs I've actually hit are the T200's, and as hard as I tried, I just couldn't find anything bad worth saying about them. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

1 hour ago, BNewton51 said:

Scotty Cameron Super Select 5 Flowback - Custom Shop done in Copper and Black - SAFE  WHAAAAT?!?!? The QB8 got voted off the island?!?!?!? Say it ain't so!!

But there's another Spy here that as always has a way of twisting my arm and acting like a Narcotic pusher... I won't name any names, but you know who you are! 🤣 I HATE those kinds of guys. You know the types. Always got some really cool stuff to dangle in front of you knowing you're in club ho rehab. Those guys are the debbil. 

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

10 minutes ago, Shank Aaron said:

Am I THAT predictable, or do I just have a label now? 

To your point, yeah. I left the Titleist line off of the list by mistake. I'm definitely interested in the T-150, or maybe a 150/200 combo. Of the list, the only clubs I've actually hit are the T200's, and as hard as I tried, I just couldn't find anything bad worth saying about them. 

I mean, come on bro... I wouldn't class it as Predictable... But I reckon we can probably say the "tinkerer" label probably fits best... Or something like that. 🤣

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

7 minutes ago, Shank Aaron said:

Oh, no... The QB8 is JUUUUUSSSSTTT fine...  More of a collector piece.  But it does make an appearance quite often.  Kind of a go too when I feel like my Feels are off....

Listen, man.... I'm in recovery!  What can I say!

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

It's all good. But then...

At the beginning of this year I wasn't really looking for any new clubs. Lucked into deals for 8-9-PW when the Rogue ST irons went on sale with an additional military discount. Then I was just fooling around and took the Odyssey questionnaire on what putter I would play and ended up buying an Eleven. 

Thank you to the Gods of my ancestors and the Putting Gods! That putter and the new clam shell grip I found online at the same time has cured my yips. Actually making some good putts.

Maybe a GBB 19 5 hybrid? 

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

After returning to golf 18 months ago (after 20 years) everything in the bag was bought (and in some cases also replaced at least once) in that time. So my wallet says everything is safe for 2024... ha ha. But the analytical engineer and constant tinkerer in me isn't content. So...

Definitely safe: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver, TSR2 3-wood, Stealth+ 3H, TM P790 5-6i, TM P7MC 45*PW, TM MG3 50* & 56*. Balls (TM TP5x... I have enough of those alone for the next year or more as long as I don't get worse!lol)

Probably Safe, but not 100%... : Callaway Rogue ST Max 7W, TM P790 2UDI, P790 7-9i, Sik DW C2.0 putter.

On the chopping block: TM MG2 TW 60*. For my usual courses and conditions, I need at least one wedge to be low bounce and low at address on firm ground and hard packed bunkers. MG4 60* with the new 7* LBV sole has my attention right now.

My irons were not fitted. They were loaners from a friend and I eventually bought them from him. However, I'm going to get a fitting to make sure I have correct shaft length and head lie on irons and wedges. I also want to see if other shafts on the 2UDI, 3W and 7W would be better suited.

While the 50* and 56* wedges are safe, I plan to switch shafts on at least the 50* to match the irons as the 50* is almost always a pretty full shot.

I thought the Sik putter was 100% safe until recently. It rolls nicely and has great feel. But I tried a Scotty Phantom X7 and that thing felt and rolled amazing. I really didn't want to like it, but it's the best feeling putter I've picked up. I tried a few other mallets that were nice, but not as nice as the X7. Before I seriously consider finding one, I need to do a proper back to back comparison at a putter fitting.

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small:Irons: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small:Wedges 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; 60/11 MG2TW

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

On 11/29/2023 at 8:33 PM, No3PuttLaLa said:

Specifically in the 58, a little more bounce. I have a relatively steep angle of attack and find my current 60° RTX digs more than I would like. 

Quick check of the Cleveland site and the RTX 6 in 60 degree comes in 3 different bounces 6 -10-12 so if you are familiar with the RTX and like it sticking with old faithful in a more suitable bounce seems like worth considering. Just 2 cents worth advice , good luck

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

26 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

I mean, come on bro... I wouldn't class it as Predictable... But I reckon we can probably say the "tinkerer" label probably fits best... Or something like that. 🤣

Yeah, I get that.....

25 minutes ago, Beakbryce said:

It's all good. But then...

At the beginning of this year I wasn't really looking for any new clubs. Lucked into deals for 8-9-PW when the Rogue ST irons went on sale with an additional military discount. Then I was just fooling around and took the Odyssey questionnaire on what putter I would play and ended up buying an Eleven. 

Thank you to the Gods of my ancestors and the Putting Gods! That putter and the new clam shell grip I found online at the same time has cured my yips. Actually making some good putts.

Maybe a GBB 19 5 hybrid? 

If I'm not mistaken, our military discount also applied to their pre-owned site as well. 

2 hours ago, CLenahan said:

Driver: Callaway Mavrik.  Safe, for now.  Working well the last few rounds.

3 Wood: Getting cut, hard to hit well and doesn't fit a gap in the bag.

5 Wood: Mizuno ST-Z. Safe, solid 215 club, easy to hit from the tee, fairway, or rough.

Irons: Titleist T300 5-PW.  Safe, very safe, easy to hit, long, and fitted new last summer.

Wedges: Mizuno T22 52, 56, Vokey 60.  Mizuno's safe, Vokey may be leaving by virtue of being a 60, and I have come to terms with it being a liability lately.

Putter: LeanLock Blade/ Oddyssey Strokelabs One.  Still back and forth, LeanLock has been working better lately.

Looking to add a hybrid to my bag to possibly fill out the top between 5 Iron and 5 wood a little better.

As a man that is still in a love hate with hybrids I bought a well used TaylorMade DHY utility off of ebay but instead of a 2 or 3 for driving iron I got a 5 DHY and after a little time adjusting to where to put the ball in my stance I am liking it and ordered a 4 DHY from TaylorMade also. JUST FOR ME its better than anything except maybe a an actual hybrid out of the rough the 5 DHY is considerably longer than my T300 5 iron and gaps well with the Pingo 7 wood and the knock of harder to flight up in the air is true so stopping on the green unless I run it up there isnt smooth but I have never hit a ball off of any club that gets more run out, I have never hit them side by side into a hard wind but my money is on the 4 DHY off the tee into a hard wind distance wise versus my driver plus if I need to hit something long under trees its a got too club as well. Maybe get lucky and find someone local who would let you try one out

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

Always, always the putter.  I am rotating a Bettinardi 8w and a Scotty Cameron Phantom 5 s.  My putters are always on the chopping block.

Titleist TSR2 10 degree with Ventus Blue 6S

Callaway Super Hybrid 2H VA Slay 85 Stiff

Callaway Super Hybrid 3H 

Srixon ZX 23* -4 driving iron - Aerotech Steelfiber I95 S

Srixon MKII ZX5 (5-A) - Aerotech Steelfiber I95 S

Bettinardi (54, 58)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5S

19 minutes ago, Shank Aaron said:

If I'm not mistaken, our military discount also applied to their pre-owned site as well.

I work with one of their reps when I am buying clubs and he said not on the pre-owned site. That may have changed. Regardless, I always ask. Also AARP membership, best looking guy in my neighborhood, golf nut, MGS tester, and anything else I can think of! 😎

and, before you ask, the best looking guy in my neighborhood gets the biggest laugh! 🤣

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

51 minutes ago, Shank Aaron said:

Yeah, I get that.....

Veteran, what is this veteran thing you speak of? Former QM1/SS USN at your service sir.

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

45 minutes ago, Fred Mitchell said:

Veteran, what is this veteran thing you speak of? Former QM1/SS USN at your service sir.

Sent you a PM, bud. 

My 3 wood is not save this year. Will be looking for something better performing from the deck. All the rest are save except the TM 58 sand wedge I purchased 3 months ago. It is heavier than any other wedge I have in the bag or the garage.

Baton Rouge Louisiana

PXG Gen 6 Driver 10.5 Project X Cypher 50 5.5

Callaway Rogue X irons

Donor

Vietnam Veteran 69-70

The things that I am looking for better options are:

- 3 Wood

- Wedges?

- 4 Iron?  Maybe a different iron?  Maybe a 7 Wood?

- My bag itself

- Wedges

Driver:  Callaway Rogue ST LS 9° w/ Mitsubishi Diamana XS

3 Wood:  Accepting applications!

5 Wood:  Mizuno STZ  w/ Fujikura Motore F3-8 XS

UT/Hybrid:  Titleist U505 #3 w/ KBS Tour PRO+ XS

Irons:  Mizuno 921 Forged 5-PW w/ KBS $-Taper 130

Wedges:  Ping Glide 4  50°, 56°, 60°

Putter:  TaylorMade Spider X

Everything is always on the chopping block. If it’s better it goes in.  However, there is one thing that will forever be safe on my bag.  The Groove It golf brush.  Has a built in water reservoir with the best bristles, and the magnetic clip makes it easy to access.  It’s super easy to use and my club grooves have never been cleaner.  It will always be attached to my bag. 

A big change for me might be my Mizuno JPX 900s. I don’t know that I’ve ever felt 100% comfortable with them. We’ll see how it goes in the next few months.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

The only club I might change is my driver. I bought a new PXG 0311 gen 5 for Christmas. Gonna try it out and see if it will replace my 2017 Taylormade M1 driver

WITB: Taylormade M1 2017 version, M6 woods 5, 7, 9, M6 irons 6 thru gap wedge, Bombtech wedges 52, 56 and 60 degrees, Putter is Oddessy 2 ball Oworks. Kirkland balls.

Completely safe:  Cleveland 3+ Hy-Wood.

Pretty safe:  Irons, putter.

Only safe due to replacement cost:  Hybrids and driver (although shaft may change).

Actively looking to replace: sand and lob wedges.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

On 12/27/2023 at 8:21 AM, ILMgolfnut said:

My Mizuno ST-X driver , which I bought in mid-2022, is adjustable, and last night I got out the wrench and adjusted it for the first time. Increased the loft and the draw bias, which should produce more spin, according to the info I found. I'm driving down to Myrtle Beach today, where my son lives, and will try it out there. 

Back from Myrtle. The tweaked driver got the workout today; used on all 14 multishot holes. I hit 5 fairways, which isn't super but is better than my usual 2-3, with all but one a baby fade or a baby draw. The blame for the rest falls on the swinger, not the implement. Also, if the 7th hole was playing to the scorecard yardage (no rangefinder or GPS readily available), I hit my drive 230 yards on level ground (this is Myrtle; there ain't no downhill holes, although there was somehow one hole that the green was about 20 feet above the fairway). I haven't hit one 230 in about 30 years. I think the tweaked Mizuno will remain tweaked, although I definitely need to keep working on that swing.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

The only thing changing in my bag this year are the iron shafts. I’m going lighter and softer. Making a move from X100 to KBS $-Taper. Keeping the S400’s in the 54 & 58. They just feel so solid and balanced it not worth the risk of change. 

All else is A-OK!

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

20 hours ago, hoppman said:

Irons SAFE, ZX5 MKii 6-p,driver safe, Rogue st max LS, Cleveland wedges safe, TSR3 4wd mostly safe, Odyssey Tri hot 5K two putter definitely safe, Cobra 3,4,5, LTDx hybrids mostly safe, the 4 definitely is, jury still out on 3 and 5.

There are some other clubs waiting in the wings in case. 

Back surgery in January could change how I feel about these clubs, all shafts stiff. 

Best wishes on the surgery. Quick healing and a speedy recovery 

"Just when I have this beautiful shot pictured in my mind, I awaken to the realization I actually have to hit it."

Taylormade Sim2Max 10.5

Taylormade 3w HL

Taylormade Sim2 3 & 4 hybrid

Titleist T150 5-GW

Vokey 56 & 60 deg 

Nike Air Hybrid bag

Pro V1x

14 hours ago, Darwin Capwill said:

The only club I might change is my driver. I bought a new PXG 0311 gen 5 for Christmas. Gonna try it out and see if it will replace my 2017 Taylormade M1 driver

Should have gone with the Gen6 driver. More MOI

Baton Rouge Louisiana

PXG Gen 6 Driver 10.5 Project X Cypher 50 5.5

Callaway Rogue X irons

Donor

Vietnam Veteran 69-70

I am pretty confident to upgrade the driver this year.  I play a PING G400 MAX but am looking to see if a new driver/shaft combo will make a meaningful difference.  I might also consider the putter (currently I play an EVNRoll), but also for this I would want to go through a fitting which I never did for the putter before, but I believe it likely worth it.  Everything else is ok for now. 

image.png.b89fa684b54b186f20c376e6af43ac1d.png 425's- 5i to PW, UW

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  G400 Driver, G425 3W, G425 7W, G425 3H

image.png.cf53a065a6e348c87221c4bf13510375.png 56 degree Hi-Toe wedge

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  Glide 60 degree 

image.png.d4990c8d6330ecc392d9a5124b26165a.png Evnroll ER3

Nothing on the chopping block, all safe...😀

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

On 12/27/2023 at 3:09 PM, squirrel211 said:

My bag itself

Look at Sun Mountain. Good time of year to buy last years model. Good prices.

My TSI3 10* with my Tour AD XC-5S is safe until the next line of Titleist drivers are released next year. I’ve put everything on the market against it, not even really close. I think it’s the 10* head with a super lightweight, yet super stable tip section, shaft. Just high launching bombs straight down the middle. Everything else (maybe the SM9’s are safe) is on the chopping block. 

TSR2  9* Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

TRS2 15* Ventus Velocore Red 7S

TS 21* Diamana BF 80S

TSI 23* Ventus HB 8S

Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 PX 6.0

Vokey SM6 Raw 48F/SM8 50F/56M/60M

SC X Fantom 5

Vessel Player 14 2.0

So, the whole bag was safe, right? Pulled the trigger on a Paradym X 5 hybrid to maybe better fill the only kind of gap in my bag. I have a heaven wood and a 4 hybrid at about the same degree lofts but use the 4 for low shots and wood for high shots. Additionally, the longer shaft on the heaven wood results in a 10 yard difference. The problem is the next club down is a 6 hybrid so have been trying, with mixed success, to choke down on the 4 hybrid to cover the yardage gap. Hence the 5 hybrid. Callaway pre-owned has a 24% off sale going and I found one with the shaft in my 6 hybrid that I really like.

Time of year means it isn't shipping for a few days. Stand by for a mini review and how the gapping works going forward.