Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

23 minutes ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

Made putts when they had to!

#1 Tiger

#2  Jack ….. sorry Jack but it is  the truth ( and I’m not even a Tiger fan per se )!

There is where we will disagree though I’m old enough to have both , TW had the benefit of pristine conditions while in the early days greens changed day to day , hour to hour , that’s why it nearly impossible to compare the two eras but Jack was the best I ever witnessed and I watched them both 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

3 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

two of the best for sure, Fortunately for us, social media and communication was and is so good in the Tiger era that we have had the opportunity to witness and remember the great putts Tiger has made, and shots for that matter, that they are engrained in our psyche. The relatively small amount of coverage we have on Jack makes it difficult for me to say Tiger is number 1, however I can feel the "gut" churning when even the newest PGA winner Jake Knapp was standing over 5-8 foot putts that had to be made, those are sooooo important at the end of the day, Tiger and Jack were majicians at making those... 

All in all , Jack is still the man to me . He had set a standard and Tiger realized in time that it was beginning to slip out of his grasp for the most part . Not to take anything away from Tiger at all . I followed him at The Masters , The Tour Championship @ East Lake at the peak of his game , and I’ll have to say , his irons even sounded different from the rest of the field. Let’s just say they were the best in each of their particular  era .

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

25 minutes ago, Woodrow72 said:

There is where we will disagree though I’m old enough to have both , TW had the benefit of pristine conditions while in the early days greens changed day to day , hour to hour , that’s why it nearly impossible to compare the two eras but Jack was the best I ever witnessed and I watched them both 

I had the opportunity to have a great converstion with Canadian Golfer of the Century, Gary Cowan. he won the 1966 and 1971 US amateur and played with and against Jack in many amateur world events in the 60's before Jack turned professional. There was no doubt in Gary's mind that Jack was the best he ever saw. I would have like to have been a fly on the wall with some of those conversations. 

committed to performance excellence

26 minutes ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

All in all , Jack is still the man to me . He had set a standard and Tiger realized in time that it was beginning to slip out of his grasp for the most part . Not to take anything away from Tiger at all . I followed him at The Masters , The Tour Championship @ East Lake at the peak of his game , and I’ll have to say , his irons even sounded different from the rest of the field. Let’s just say they were the best in each of their particular  era .

speaking of irons sounding different, I was on the driving range at Marine Drive Golf Club for the 1977 BC amateur. We were all standing on the range and this kid from Seattle (Fred Couples) was hitting balls at the end of the range, and a sound was different coming off his irons... we could hear it...

committed to performance excellence

22 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

speaking of irons sounding different, I was on the driving range at Marine Drive Golf Club for the 1977 BC amateur. We were all standing on the range and this kid from Seattle (Fred Couples) was hitting balls at the end of the range, and a sound was different coming off his irons... we could hear it...

I caddied for my good friend in the 80 AM at CC of NC and Freddie was there , lead the first day of scoring to make the match play , he hit so far it was unreal back in the days of steel shafted drivers with real wood heads and balata balls , Sutton won that year 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

1 hour ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

For me being a kid of the 80’s and 90’s Tiger is/was amazing. I remember watching the 97 Masters 3rd and 4th rounds and as a 14 y/o kid golf was not something I watched at all, but I watched every minute of those 2 rounds just in awe! To me he is the GOAT. That said I am from Ohio my Gma was a professor at The Ohio State University, and I love the fact that our freaking Buckeye still and probably will continue to hold the most career major wins! 

I’ve got a bad reeling about this

On 2/23/2024 at 9:26 AM, Marlin Dave said:

Is there anything finer than a calm morning with an absolute killer espresso??? Its among my favorite things in the world and I was turned onto this after only drinking D'maglia Italiana for years. This stuff is the deal and it's cheaper!! It won the grand prize in Miami and that is a serious Espresso (Bucci) city with all the Italians and Cubanos sort of has a nutty, chocolate type finish its really nice

Screenshot_20240223_092134_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240223_092106_Chrome.jpg

Great Lead @Marlin Dave!! Going to check out the espresso today, from desktop computer 🤣.  The Coffee description sounds really good. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0