Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

9 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I miss my seafare wool sweater.  I wasn't a deckie, so only time we got to wear them was at on deck muster days.  But I still have my peacoat! And it still fits after 30 years! Thanks for making me dig it out!!!  Haha

I doubt wearing it on a golf course would prove useful though! 😆 

20240904_060849.jpg

And with those brass buttons I would guess you were a Commissioned Officer too. Ours had Navy Blue thick Plastic buttons with anchors on them

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

Number of putts per round isn’t a great stat to look at as a stand-alone number.   Are you missing 3 footers,  can’t get a 20 footer within 3 feet and 3 putting?  What are your make rates from various distances?   How close are you getting chips when you miss greens?   

Chasing a putter probably won’t help much; I used to chase putters until I learned how to putt and the skills associated with putting. I love putter and switch often, but I don’t expect or see any significant improvement.  Sure the putter influences the stroke, but it is more of a fine tuning thing.  We often get early improvement because we focus more and then fall back into our tendencies. 

The 9% 3 putt number does indicates speed control is an issue.  I’ll assume that you are calling speed control “feel”.   From what I have learned working on green reading when you can’t control speed doesn’t provide much value because you can’t assess if the read was correct.   Speed is definitely something that can be learned.  Can you toss a ball from different distances and get it close to the hole?  Feel is tied to intuition and experience.  Your body knows how to accomplish the task.  you just have to let it which is the difficult part.  IMO, if you’re not going to practice speed control you won’t really get better.  

I have been doing the chasing the putter thing ever since I started back. I decided after today to stick with either the Rusty Scotty or the Zing 2 in regular league play. As far as the vintage play I will switch around some for the fun of it

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

3 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Haha same here! Had one side replaced just about 7 years ago, and now the other side is starting to get a little jealous 🤪

(PS: LI guy here)

On back issues there are several other threads in here, plus a few great articles on the main site, about what people are doing for theirs to keep going plus exercise & mobility guides.

That had me cracking up!!

20240229_112323.jpg.1f4df2d44b5f383dd9922fe0a73a64b9.jpg

We had a Black Lab and yeah that holds pretty true; also had Flat Coat Retriever who constantly "hoovered" the floor and stuck his face into people's laps at the table looking for tidbits. Before those guys my wife had a Golden who was even worse at being food driven!! 😄😄😄

Hoping I won't be needing a new hip any time soon🤞🏾. I need more discipline in my game. More stretching, strengthening, etc.

Still swinging after all these years

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

It used to be. Not so much since my accident. With the nerves in my back messed up it translates to my hands sometimes. I also had a concussion associated with my accident and I have a dissociative eye thing going too. I am now a streaky putter but back in the pre accident days I could roll the rock.

At least you had some good rock rolling days. Mine are few and far between, but the quest continues.

Still swinging after all these years