Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

FlightScope Progression Series: 2023 Forum Member Review

GolfSpy_APH

Pro Package and Face Impact Review

IMG_0022.pngIMG_0023.png

I’m not gonna break this down like a normal review. Instead I’m gonna try to be as upfront and honest as I can. This is by far the most difficult part of a review I have every written. 

From the start, my numbers with the regular Mevo were much more consistent with what I see on course than with the Mevo plus.  As myself and fellow testers have stressed multiple times, setup is crucial. After going through everything the last few months, I have come to the conclusion that the pro package adds to the data parameters and is great for those who love lots of data. 
When it comes to the face impact package, I believe this part is crucial for getting accurate numbers. The issue I have with this is 2-fold. 

First is the fact that it is an add on feature. I understand that some may not want/need the face impact so they don’t want to spend the extra money. 
2nd is that it is only an add on if you also add on the pro package. This means an even bigger investment for the consumer. 
In my opinion Flightscope should simply include part of that add on cost, not all of it, and make both main features not an add ons. 

Pro Package

IMG_0024.png

The pro package adds 11 data parameters for club data and makes face impact available as an add on.  This is great for those that want to know everything the club and ball are doing. 
IMG_0021.pngIMG_0020.png

Face Impact

IMG_0017.png

As I mentioned above I believe this is a must have. It’s crucial for proper set up of the Mevo plus to get accurate numbers. The key here is that while you can get the extra data from the pro package on your iPhone, you can not get the face impact and heat map without an iPad as the screen on the phone is too small.  
IMG_0019.png

Once I got an iPad and was able to calibrate the face impact location my numbers improved quite a bit with consistency.  I had thought that once calibrated it stayed that way but yesterday I set everything up like I usually do. After a quick warmup range session on the Flightscope App, I opened e6 to play a round with my BIL. When we finished I went back to the FS App to get some driver swings in as I narrow down which shaft will make the bag. 

I was getting 200ish carry and 4500-7000 spin numbers. Wait what?!?
IMG_0015.png

I checked all my settings and they were right. Then I checked the face impact and it was slightly off. I calibrated it and it got better but I missed the big one. My lighting wasn’t ideal and that skewed the numbers. Once I fixed that things were back closer to normal. 
IMG_0016.png

Conclusion 

While I’m not huge on the price of the add ons or even the amount of work needed to properly set up the Mevo Plus, the fact that they have the add ons and that proper setup helps tremendously is nice. 

Flightscope has a price point that hits the sweet spot for the Mevo Plus. I’ll mention it again but I think a 50% addition in cost for what I believe is crucial for FS to compete and be accurate is overkill but they don’t have to offer it and I’m definitely glad they do. 

In closing the Mevo Plus will be a part of my practice and winter play until it dies.  It’s something I have always wanted and couldn’t be happier that I had this opportunity. 

A huge thank you to Flightscope and MyGolfSpy for this opportunity. 
IMG_0014.png

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Pro Package & Face Impact MEVO+ Final Review (3/19/24):

Re-Cap

Again, welcome back everyone! This review has been a really fun one to be apart of and as always thanks for FlightScope and the forum for putting this on!

Since the actual equipment has already been reviewed I am just going to be diving into the data/numbers portion of a review, miscellaneous portion and play it or trade it for the Pro Package and the Face Impact of the MEVO+ relative to the standard MEVO+

The data/numbers (20 out of 20)

The main data that is different from the standard MEVO+ to the Pro Package are below:

image.png

While plenty of this information above is helpful and have I have found several of them specifically the first four to be more than others. It did almost felt like data overload for me and I was focusing so much on what the data was telling me/showing me that I was not focused on just executing a good shot. This is nothing against the data just something to point out specific for me and how I operate.

Like the MEVO+ review my biggest question was how accurate was the data was the Pro and Face Impact providing? For me I found at the very least the face impact was very accurate. To test this, I used foot spray on the face of the club and just logged where impact was on the spray and where it was on the FlightScope app. I found that there was almost no discrepancy.

Now if this was an issue for some it can be calibrated, downside is that on my iPhone you are not able to do that (more on the miscellaneous section for this). Luckily it was not necessary for me and all of my shots that I tracked with foot spray (over 50 shots) I did not feel as though it was off by much if any:

IMG_4293-compressed.jpgIMG_4297-compressed.jpgIMG_4300-compressed.jpg

The other data like I said before I struggled with. I really enjoy the graphics and if I dive into them I think I could probably learn a lot but not sure how much mentally I should dive into it. One of the data points I enjoyed and has helped me is the dynamic loft. I am definitely not compressing the ball as well as I should and am not very square it seems, which I can work on. But what I can say is that digesting it every single shot has not helped me.

Below are some of the great data visuals that the package provides and are all in data form on the main graphic of the app, you can see here compared to the other testers the visuals are not as great without something besides the iPhone:

IMG_3793.PNG

IMG_3796.PNG

IMG_3794.PNG

IMG_3795.PNG

Miscellaneous (18 out of 20)

Will keep my gripe short on this one because to me its what I call a “1st world” problem…the face impact is tough and you lose out on several features like the face heat map, as well as being able to calibrate the impact location. In the grand scheme of how much data the FlightScope provides its minuet but was something that was pretty discouraging for me.

My plan is to eventually get an iPad to run the program in the future but it just was not in the cards during the test to purchase one.

The big kudo's I have for FlightScope as I talked about before is the visuals and how the data is presented. It works for me and reads easily. Can also change around the data points (not all of the data points fit on the chart so if you want to look at specific things you can move those around to fit when you are hitting).

Play it or trade it? (20 out of 20)

Look, I cannot complain the data is fantastic and will at some point really help me. I am giving this a 20 because the data is really good, and I am 100% keeping the equipment. BUT if I had to pay for the pro package and face impact at the tune of almost $1,300, I would have to decline, I do not feel it helps me for that cost.

Again, I am keeping the FlightScope the unit is amazing, right now (and I stress) for me it is complete data overload and it does is not the most beneficial thing for me. I think over time if I am focusing on a singular thing with my swing at a time it could help but during this review that just was not the case or feasible.

Conclusion (58 out of 60)

As always here is my “snopes” version of this review.

FlightScope MEVO+ is a golden piece of equipment and a great tool to have in the arsenal. Add in the Pro Package and Face Impact data and a lot of people have everything they will ever need to really analyze their swing and improve.

For me the cost to buy these additions is really steep (still far cheaper than others in the market though). I personally do not think for me it is worth that cost because it is just to much to absorb and that’s not how I golf. What is the old saying paralysis by analysis? I get that with all the extra data in the Pro Package, and for the Face Impact I am fine just spraying down the club face as needed when I feel as though I am not making good contact to see where I am hitting. Lastly make sure you have something other than your phone if you are going with the extra data, you will need it!

FlightScope did a great job with this and I am really looking forward to the continuous use (even during the season) of this equipment as I continue to strive to improve my golf game! Thank you again to MGS and FlightScope!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Congrats to the testers so far and looking forward to the remaining two that get picked! 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Congrats to the testers chosen thus far, looking forward to seeing who the remaining two will be…

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

I like the secondary setup.

Would use this with clients. I am a golf physical therapist. Teach a swing speed class every Monday at one private club. Will start teaching another class at a second club in January. See clients at both clubs and at a gym in town. 

currently use a skytrak at one club and my pdgr at the other club, when testing swing speed and such. 

Dr. Walter Young IV, PT, DPT

Congrats to a great testing crew and cannot wait for this one to get rolling!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Congrats to these testers! I’m still in the market for a LM and I’m between the Mevo and Rapsodo, so I’ll be watching this like a hawk!!!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Can't beat the Science!  My current setup is a patio mat and net with a SwingCaddie SC4.  I'd use the Mevo to compare against the SC4 and track any improvements I get from the additional practice.
Snow is flying in South East Michigan and the heated driving range nearby might take precedence over the patio simulator.  Good luck to all the testers and the potential future testers!

20231031_173956.jpg

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

Congrats ! Great team and looking forward to your thoughts .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Congrats all! Have fun!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Congrats. to this great group selected thus far, and best to all who apply for the last 2 spots.

Looking forward to the comments, thoughts, and reviews from this group on this product and system.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour