Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

Golf Pride MCC +4 Grips

Hey guys, I've always used standard MCC grips on all my clubs. However, I have an issue with grip pressure (strong fingers from baseball) and wear out the right (bottom hand) thumb area of every grip I have, especially driver, 3W, hybrid, and longer irons. I've been working on trying to lighten grip pressure, but I'm wondering if using something like the MCC +4 grips might be a good option to help force me to lighten my grip a bit. And get some extra power as well. Thoughts? And if you use MCC +4's how do you like them?

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: ProV1x

I have the Golf Pride MCC+4 grips on my Edison wedges and my 3 wood (as they came with the clubs).  I also have the larger lower larger lower portion CP2 grips on the other clubs in my bag.  I don't wear of glove so I can't comment on that part.  However, I've had the CP2 grips on for almost two years and 200 plus rounds and I haven't noticed any worn areas associated with grip pressure.  Overall, I like the feel of the larger lower hand.  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

On 2/2/2024 at 1:52 PM, brogies said:

Hey guys, I've always used standard MCC grips on all my clubs. However, I have an issue with grip pressure (strong fingers from baseball) and wear out the right (bottom hand) thumb area of every grip I have, especially driver, 3W, hybrid, and longer irons. I've been working on trying to lighten grip pressure, but I'm wondering if using something like the MCC +4 grips might be a good option to help force me to lighten my grip a bit. And get some extra power as well. Thoughts? And if you use MCC +4's how do you like them?

I love those grips to be honest. One of my favorites even thought I am not playing them currently. Another options could be to have your grips built up with some added bottom hand tape. I do this on all of mine and it gives a similar effect which I prefer. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I’ve used them and like them a lot. You mentioned you use standard size grips, have you experimented with midsize grips at all? I made the switch a while back, because it always felt like I was strangling a pencil with a standard grip. One of the benefits to making the switch was the feeling I didn’t have to hold the club as tightly, to feel like I had control of it. It may be worth your time to swap out one of your standards with a midsize and hit a bucket. It could help with the grip pressure issue.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 Kai Li White 70x

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :cameron-small: Special Select Del Mar

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

On 2/2/2024 at 7:52 AM, brogies said:

I use both MCC and 4+ depending on colour scheme. MCC4+ are really nice, but only difference is they simulate one extra wrap of tape under the lower half of the grip. Perhaps also try going up a size in grips as well. They are heavier slightly and colours even more so

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

Ok good thoughts, guys. Thank you! I think I’ll test out going up in size to a midsize grip on my driver.

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Just to close out the thread on this, I had my driver, 52º and 56º regripped and went up a size in MCC to midsize. And later went to my indoor simulator practice facility and hit them. It did take a little getting used to, but I did notice with the wedges I seemed to be slightly more accurate. I did speed training right before hitting the driver, so my feel was slightly off, so I can't really say much about the driver yet. But, overall, it does feel like I'm able to loosen up my grip slightly which was my main goal. Thanks for all the responses!