Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TaylorMade TP5/TP5X Golf Balls! - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Hello From Ohio

Introducing myself to all of you Spy's, hi I'm Ian and you can probably guess from the title where I live. I have been given many nicknames and the 2 that have stuck the longest are WIB and Beandip. Any and all work for me so you all can chose whichever you like best! 

IMG_6657.jpeg.32884643c96f0610458556d897bbbe8d.jpeg

I started playing the game when I was 12 at Rolling Greens on my birthday and was hooked. The course was 3/4 of a mile from the house garage to range mats! Sadly it is now a housing development but the memories I have of that course are comforting. I still have the TM <Tour Preferred> 5 Wood that was in the bag back then!

s-l1200.jpeg.338b47fead1a003246663b7b12abd08c.jpeg

These days I'm trying to get down below a 10 handicap I try to play at least twice a week in season. 1 weekday round and at then at least 1 weekend round with the best playing partners ever!IMG_3073.jpeg.289a7bc925d51620ca9af454710a8007.jpeg

Testing Goals

I have mainly played Titleist lines for the last 20 years. I enjoyed the NXT Tour and Pro-V1 lines, and for a brief blip the DT So-Lo. Recently I have been gaming a Kirkland Signature based upon value and the quality/durability has seemed to be worth the cost. 

IMG_6660.jpeg.9718fde1f1ab894ae52f9f03712e2851.jpeg

I am planning on running the TP5 Pix through its paces next to both of these ball lineups. Distance, stopping, green side control all the standard ideas. However, my father in law has a stock pile of older TM balls so I want to also run the TP5 next to some of those to see how far the TM line has come. 

The Pix ball has fascinated me since I saw it on a shelf when TM debuted it. I really like the idea of extra alignment assistance, but the 2 grey and black aid marks on the poles of the ball have me pretty intrigued. I have on occasion had issue focusing on one spot on the ball. This aid off the tee I'm hoping will help keep me focus and help in FIR's. I'm aware of the 5 layer progressive speed construction and I like this idea. Combine that with more spin help and a soft feel, sign me up. 

IMG_6659.jpeg.853be0d73776b02566ec2ba779679ed0.jpeg

The things I'm really looking for in the ball are durability and alignment aid assistance. If the ball is equivalent to the Pro-V1 and Kirkland in durability and feel the tie breaker is how well the Pix system helps me to focus on the ball on all shots across the course. If that helps me play even 3-5 strokes better I'm willing to put the TP5 in the bag for the long haul!

Edited by Wib081

I’ve got a bad reeling about this

Hello Spies!

My name is Ronnie and I'm very excited to have my first testing opportunity with such a great product. I selected the TP5 pix as my test ball.

I am a former D3 collegiate golfer. I quit playing for 10 years after college due to some back issues. I got that under control a few years ago and decided to pick the game back up in the summer of 2023.

I live in West Tennessee and am a member at a local course, Woodland Hills, which is where I'll be doing the bulk of my testing. Since picking the game back up I have gone harder than ever. I work 2nd shift, so I sacrifice quite a bit of sleep to play 3-4 morning rounds each week along with range sessions 2-3 times a week as well.

Screenshot_20240202_191550_Gallery.jpg.edc4098e3f1fc0a6beba743a9f46489b.jpg

Playing so much has knocked the rust off pretty quickly and I'm close to where I was in college, currently a 3HCP. I'd say I'm probably even more consistent now then I was in college. My goal is to get to scratch by the end of this year.

I'm a serial golf ball dabbler although I usually end up back at the standard ProV1 as my gamer. I like the low flight and low spin with driver but wish it had a bit more bite around the greens.  I want to see if I can finally find a ball that gives me the lower flight I need without sacrificing the spin I'd like to have with my irons and wedges, yet someone not spin too much with driver. Oh, and a soft ball is a must; A big ask, I know. However, I have high hopes for this iteration of the TP5. 

From all I have read about this ball, it could provide what I'm looking for. I like the sound of the speed wrapped core for better feel.  image.png.154ac8d5e8d86978d55ba4d858cf4635.png

I chose it over the TP5x based on expected feel and spin around the green. I'm fairly long anyway, so I'm not particularly worried about added distance I could get from the x. I chose Pix design because I like visual aids, but haven't liked previous Pix/clearpath designs. It looks cool but did nothing for my alignment. So I'm curious if the tweaks to the design will benefit me. There is a lot of hype around this ball so I hope it lives up to it.

Almost all of my testing will be on course or on the practice greens. I don't have access to a sim or launch monitor so I can't provide raw data, but I'm pretty adept at reading my own shots for things like launch and spin. I play a lot so I know what my shots should look and act like. I plan to compare this ball to other balls I have use from this cycle: ProV1, Chrome tour, TP5x, and the previous version of the TP5, that I used for a while last year. I liked a lot about the previous TP5. Good feel, good spin with irons and wedges, particularly greenside. The only thing that kept it out of bag is that it was waaay to spinny off the driver for me. If they have tapered that down in this year's version without losing what I already liked, then it could be a keeper.

I'm very excited to get out on the course and give it go!

Edited by ronnieg
  1. QI10 9* degree
  2. TSR 2+ 3 wood
  3. Stealth+ hybrid
  4. Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW
  5. Vokey SM8 wedges 50*, 54*, 59*
  6. Spider FCG

my name is Thomas Erik Bell. I am 54 years young and plays 75% of my golf in Atlanta, Ga and I travel to Florida and Las Vegas at least once per year for the remaining 25%.  I don’t have a USGA handicap but my 18 hole avg ranges from 88-102 depending on what group of friends I am playing with.  I have a party group and a gambling group. My weakness is off the tee(only 2-3 fairways hit per round). My strength is greenside bunkers and that’s why my friends call me Trap King

IMG_2414.jpeg

Edited by Emag315
Add introduction

Safest place on a course is on the green!

Hi Everyone

I'm one of the lucky testers of the TP5. Some background on me:

I’m a 50-year-old golfer on Phillip Island, a small island off the coast of Australia. Don't know where that is? It's the location for one of the MotoGP's, a beautiful island teaming with wildlife on the course. Got back into golf after a long break (20+ years) about 18 months ago. I have a full time job, run my own consulting company, but this also provides some flexibility on work hours so I can get out to golf and work in the evenings.

DSC076311.jpg.7c4a66f32c37860037083799015b5db9.jpg

From a hobby/sports perspective, I play golf (obviously), do kitesurfing/surfing and enjoy watersports photography, mainly surfing/kitesurfing where I get into the water with waterhousing.

Aside from hobbies, I also volunteer for the Emergency Services. This is me with my two daughters doing fundraising for the Good Friday appeal, an annual fundraiser for the children's hospital. 

341015261_532226059097884_2430598365486862349_n.jpg.7ebb0aaba657533f8fc47f307b8862ba.jpg

My gear

Mostly Titleist gear currently, with the exception of my putter which is a LAB broomstick. The reason my irons are Titleist is that I live about 2 hours from a major city and my local Pro shop only has Titleist fittings so I'm not explicitly tied to using Titleist. I’m currently using Srixon Z star divide balls, which I like due to the split line on the ball, the soft feel and it also performs similarly to a ProV1.

DSC01570.jpg.e26977821923f06d39ae9204634c0f1b.jpg

My golf

I’m currently at a 9 handicap. I tend to be a high spin, high hitting player. My coach has been pushing me away from low spin balls like the TP5X or AVX as he indicated I need to learn to control spin better through club selection.  This was also due to the limitations low spin balls impose on greenside chipping. I'm slowly getting to grips with this approach.

I’m a mid-distance striker, driver swing speed of about 100-105mph. 7 Iron is around 80-83mph. Chipping is good. Up and down about 70-80 % of the time. 

Some notes on my local course/s

I have two courses I'll be testing this ball at.

My main course is Philip Island Golf Course, a holiday destination course. Midweeks tend to be quieter, and the course allows us to play multiple balls. I also have a 4 hole loop I can use for days where I have 30 minutes to free which will work well for testing. The 4 hole loop is a 10th par 3 (175 yards), 16th par 4 (400 yards), 17th par 3 (180 yards uphill), 18th par 5 (497 yards) loop. In a good round, I’d expect to go par birdie par birdie for those four. The 18th allows for a good drive to cut the corner and occasionally I'll find myself with around 180 yards to the green for my second.

IMG_1685.jpg.f4af734c8ae2703bef74323f59852ece.jpg

Fairways on our course are soft so we don’t tend to get much run at all. You hit short of the green, you stay short of the green. Greens are also soft and very receptive to spin. I have spun the ball back over 10 yards, hitting full wedges, hence the mention of controlling spin.

Wildlife on our courses is fairly commonplace, including snakes and wallabies. We don't have any of the dangerous snakes found on the mainland of Australia, although copperheads are still poisonous. Wallabies are really small equivalents of Kangaroos, and don't tend to try attack you.

IMG_9475.jpg.05692e8b800c096ab6005ff36e590466.jpg

What I'll be testing

I'll be testing the TP5 ball. I like drawing lines on my ball for alignment as I find the small line provided on most balls doesn't work for me. I'm looking forward to testing this ball as my primary gripe with the previous version was the distance sacrifice (TP5) and the stiff clicky feel of the TP5X when chipping and putting. The new TP5 could be a winner so I'm happy to consider a new gamer if the hype is real.

Tests

I’ll be testing the TP5 against a host of other balls, including Srixon Z star, Pro V1, AVX, and Callaway Chromesoft X (I recently won a dozen of the 2024 Chromesoft in an Ambrose comp). I tend to play 2-3 times a week. 

The tests I intend to cover are:

• Durability with full strikes: How does a ball look after 100 shots in the nets? I'll show photos of all of the balls at 25/50/100 shots to show which handled the durability late. If you need more than 100 hits, let me know. I don't like to play with the same ball for more than three rounds, which would be roughly 100 full strikes for me.
  • Durability bunker play: I plan to put the balls through some bunker play which always shows a bit more wear on the balls. I'll put each ball through 10 shots to see how they fair. If they're all good, I'll put them through another 10.
  • Full wedge play: I'll hit each ball 20 times in the nets with a wedge. Wedge strikes, like bunkers, tend to scar the ball a little more than irons.
  • Chipping: Having the ability to stop the ball on shot chips is important for me (and others) so I'm planning to do some short wedge shots to see how much we can stop the ball. I'll also do some skytrak comparisons of spin rates.
  • General play: I'm planning on gaming these every week to see how they fair. I'll also do some two-ball comparisons for my practice rounds, which should give me a good indication of which ball fairs better. The approach I plan to take is to hit two off the tee, take the best location for the next shot, hit both from there, continue until I get to the green, and putt. I'll alternative first/second selection every tee just in case I consistently have a better first or second swing.

In line with testing guidelines, I plan to outsource some of my testing to fellow golfers for good reasons.

• Big hitter test: One of my regular golfing buddies is a 120mph 300+ yard hitter that makes me feel a little insecure at times. In the absence of a time machine to go back to my 20s, do two years of speed training, and maybe hit that speed, I will rely on a friend. He breaks drivers on a regular basis, so I'm hoping to catch him while he still has an unbroken one to do a few long driving tests against his current ball, which is the previous-gen TP5. Whilst I hate how he outdrives me, he's good to have around for Ambrose days.  
  • Short hitter test: Another regular golfing buddy of mine is about one to two clubs shorter than me. While I hit my 7 iron around 160 yards carry, he'd be pulling out a 5 iron. I keep him around to make myself feel better when the 300-yard hitter makes me insecure. He's also the guy who arrives at the golf course 7 minutes before tee off after having had a big night the night before, so if that's your gaming strategy, he'll tell you whether it's any good. He'll provide some feedback against his gamer, which is mostly a Titleist ProV1X if he's hitting well, or any ball he finds on the course while he is looking for his one that went missing. There is a risk this test may be incomplete if he loses it quickly.

Unboxing and first impressions (9.5 out of 10)

DSC01599.jpg.1d385429595fa17805822cf168c71409.jpg

My balls arrived so I got to do a quick unboxing get them out onto the course. They look amazing, nice premium style box that match the quality of the balls. Taylormade claims its softer, longer and better than my current ball. I'll see if it can deliver on those claims.

On Friday afternoon, I took them out for 9 holes after a storm had come through. It inspired me with enough confidence to take them out for Saturday comp. Saturday was a little wet but after 18 holes, and I feel like I have good enough grasp to post my initial thoughts. Sunday, I got in another 9 holes, and shot a 2 over par so I feel like a fair spread of shots, and some good opportunities to test the ball. I also managed to get through 36 holes without losing a ball.

DSC01606.jpg.4ee17e14a39abac8d40e32a7319d7a86.jpg

Starting with putting, I can say that I am happy with the feel of the ball. I actually prefer it over the ProV1 which came as a surprise, because I’ve always used the ProV1 as my benchmark for putting feel. It’s soft, but still firm enough to feel on the face. I find some balls like the new AVX way to mushy off the face. 

Spin is exactly what I'd expect from a high spin ball like this. On a par with the higher spinning ProV1X but a nice soft feel like the ProV1. It's a match made in heaven for me. The spin is strong, but controllable. I could easily club down and take the spin off it with a 3/4 shot.

Moving to irons, they get a big tick from me. I’ll start looking at the numbers this week with my launch monitor, but they seemed to at least match my Srizon Z star which I feel is in line with a ProV1. I do feel like the TP5 has a softer feel on mishits which I prefer.

Finally, on the driver. Whilst my first two outings weren’t good driver days, my third outing was exactly what I needed. The ball is explosive off the face, but still allows you to get a good feel for how you are striking it. My drives were as long as I’ve hit previous, and given the cold weather we are now encountering over the last two weeks, that’s a positive.

Durability is a question at this point. I'm starting to see some wear on the ball, but I don't believe it's excessive for 36 holes. I don’t think it’s on a par with some of the more durable balls out there, but I’ll validate this side by side with other balls in my durability testing. 

DSC01614.jpg.03b0245e488130b321001abdd746f449.jpg

Edited by MissionMan
Unboxing

TSR2 9° with Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 TSR and MCC +4, 
TSR2 15° with Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 TSR and MCC +4, 
2 Iron T200 Utility and MCC +4, 
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B Mezz Max Broomstick

Hi Spies! It's ya boi the Disciple back at it with another test. For those who are new, I've been on the forum for 7 years now and I've been lucky to a have had a few testing opportunities with MGS, but this will be my first time testing balls. So some of this will be the same to the OGs, but the newer members will be able to get to know me.

My name is Tom, I am 39 and play out of Cleveland, Ohio. I grew up on the east side in Geauga county, but now live on the west side suburbs and we just moved from Fairview Park to North Olmsted. So the new place is only about 2 miles from the old one, which is great because it doesn't change any of my golfing options and places to meet with my buddies. We needed to move to a new place as last summer we had an addition to the family, our second daughter Isobel was born in June. Here she is chilling with our hound dog Reggie. We did have two dogs, but our Berner Otis, we had to put down the day after Thanksgiving, 

20231215_141603.jpg.ebcc8d1695c32ec03d0123c8700aa06c.jpg

Of course with two kids, I'm not golfing the 2-3 times a week like I was before 2019, but I still get out about 6 times a month. So my handicap has gone from a 3 to a 5 (sometimes as high as 7) over the last few years. And I know that's a bit of a 'first world problem' but I know my game can get better than it is. My biggest strength is short game, then irons and driver are pretty close as either can be #2 or #3 depending on the day, and putting is the worst. I don't feel like a terrible putter but I don't ever seem to make anything over 8 feet and Arccos can confirm that. Last year I got to test the MacGregor irons and I'm keeping those in the bag so I think with a full season my iron play will get better.Screenshot_20240322_094313.jpg.96bfcce0684141037c123af9bf099564.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_094227.jpg.f706734f1dfa8b63df20f353a2de93c1.jpg

My current gamer is the Srixon Z-Star, and it's been my ball for several years. I was a Titleist guy playing the NXT Tour and ProV1 forever until I switched about 6 years ago or so. The Z-Star was longer off the driver and performed identically through the rest of the bag for me compared to the ProV1. This is when the ProV first went to $50 a dozen so and I was finding Z-Stars for around $30 so it was a no brainer to switch. I've been told in the past that I should play the X balls, and I definetly have the swing speed to do so, but I do not like the way they perform around the green, I've tried, ProV1x, Z-Star XV, TP5x, and Tour BX. I get inconsistent iron spin and too much roll on my chips with any of these X balls. I already hit the ball high so I don't need help there and I generally play for the front of greens as Northern Ohio has mostly old style courses with greens titled back to front. So balls that suck back some of the time are no bueno for me either. With the regular ProV or Z, I get the one hop stop as the ball is generally within 5 feet of the pitch mark on a well struck shot. 

Basically I want to get the same performance out of a TP5 that I am used to getting out of a Z-Star. I am expecting roughly the same distance off the driver, the same one hop stop on iron shots, and the same type of grab on chips, pitches, and bump and runs. For putting it's just the sound and feel, so if that's similar and not clicky, we'll be good. This offseason I also bought 2 dozen of the Snell MTB Prime on their $20 sale. So I will also be comparing that ball. Now, as the TP5 has been around for awhile, I've had a sleeve of them here and there and overall I do like the way it performs, but again like the ProV1, the $55 price tag has me looking for other options. 

These are supposed to arrive any day now, but courses in CLE aren't quite open yet and there's been snow on the ground 2 of the last 5 mornings so it could be another week or so before I get out. I am playing on Good Friday the 29th as that is traditonally opening day for the season. Current forecast is 48 and sunny so I hope that holds so I can play. If I have to hold of on going to the course because of weather, I can at least put them through the paces of the short game with my Birdie Ball mat and some chipping around the back yard. If nothing else that should give me a good idea of the durability of the ball. See how many wedge shots it takes to put some fuzz or a scuff on the ball. 

But that's the basic rundown and I'd like to thank MGS for the opportunity to be part of the test group for this. I'm an open book and I'll give you my opinion on anything so if anyone has any questions, please fire away. Looking forward to good testing and a start to the season with all the spies.

Edited by DiscipleofPenick

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Congrats! I haven't played a TaylorMade ball since the Penta but I always hear great feedback on them, should be a fun test!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

Congrats Testers!  Looking forward to the results and see what everyone things on these!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Congrats testers. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Congratulations! I received a free trial 4 pack of the TP5s from Dick's.  I'm a fan after several simulator shots I hit with a 7 iron. Great feeling ball.

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".

Congratulations all!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Congratulations testers, definitely looking forward to your thoughts on these! 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Congratulations Testers! Looking forward to see how you guys like these balls. I got a free 4 pack from Golf Galaxy to try out and didn't get a chance to hit them yet. Hopefully they live up to Taylormade's claims.

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

Congratulations all!  Hit em well!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Congrats to the testers of the new TM TP5 series balls!  This should be a great one - as number Two in the ball realm tries to gain share on the other ball that begins with the letter “T”……hit ‘em well and hit ‘em far! 

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Congratulation testers. Going to keep an eye on this one!

Driver:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX LS Driver

3 Hybrid:callaway-small:APEX'21 3H

5 Wood : :callaway-small:Rogue ST MAX LS

Irons:callaway-small: APEX'21  5-PW Irons

Wedges:callaway-small: JAWS 56 

Putter :  :odyssey-small:2-ball 

Balls:callaway-small:Callaway Chrome Soft OR :srixon-small: Marathon (depending on course and weather)

Shoes : :footjoy-small: Fuel 

Congrats guys, this will be an interesting testing opportunity as the 2024 edition of TP5 & TP5X looks like they can seriously make a claim to dethrone that other ball..

Make us proud!

MY WITB list

Bag: Adidas 7 way stand bag

Cart: :Clicgear: Model 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9°

FW: :wilson_staff_small: D9 Fairway 

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Launcher

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D9 4 - SW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore  52deg, 60deg

Putter: :taylormade-small: Kia Ma Daytona

Ball:  :taylormade-small:Soft Response,  :srixon-small: AD333, :callaway-small: Supersoft

Congrats testers! Can’t wait to see these results!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

1 hour ago, acatalano32 said:

Congrats everyone! 
can someone tell me if Taylormade skips “4” on the golf ball? My box goes 1,2,3,5. In just curious to see if Taylormade does that for every dozen.

IMG_3895.jpeg

It appears that way, same for my order of TP5 Pix and TP5X's in high vis yellow. 

Ping G430 Max Driver

Ping G430 Irons 

TaylorMade Spider GTX putter 

4 minutes ago, Automatik said:

It appears that way, same for my order of TP5 Pix and TP5X's in high vis yellow. 

2 hours ago, acatalano32 said:

Congrats everyone! 
can someone tell me if Taylormade skips “4” on the golf ball? My box goes 1,2,3,5. In just curious to see if Taylormade does that for every dozen.

IMG_3895.jpeg

Yes taylormade skips 4 in the tp5 balls and uses 5 because of the 5 piece ball instead of 4. I believe they started it as soon as they came out with it

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Also congrats testers. When the big 3 come out with a new ball it always piques my interest. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced!

image.png

It seems to be the year of new golf balls! We are certainly not complaining, though. With a few other major brands already putting up their new golf balls for member testing, we now have the opportunity to get the new TaylorMade TP5 and TP5X in the hands of our testers to see how they really perform.

What’s changed?

TaylorMade has completely revamped both their TP5  and TP5X models with a significant investment to the tune of $100 million for golf ball-related business. This investment went into several key areas, which included buying the Nassau ball plant in South Korea and huge investments in their golf ball R&D. Over the last three years, TaylorMade has built a new state-of-the-art indoor test range and completely remade its outdoor test area with Trackman units to capture performance data for every stage of ball flight.

As for the golf balls themselves, the TP5  and TP5X now have what TaylorMade calls “Speed-Wrap.” This is a new technology that TaylorMade claims produces “significantly faster with a better feel and a softer feel.” This is done by allowing the material to control the sound without affecting speed. As sound often directly relates to feel, the new TP5 and TP5X can be firmer golf balls without feeling or sounding firm.

Finally, the initial three layers are now progressively firmer, allowing them to “truly perform like completely different products.”

The bottom line is TaylorMade feels they have really upped their standards with their new golf ball lineup and want to make significant gains in the ever-competitive golf ball market. Being a distant third in market share to Callaway and the far-and-away leader Titleist, TaylorMade hopes the new TP5 and TPX will be their launchpad to further success.

image.png

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

@OdinSnipes414 

@Wib081 

@ronnieg 

@Marlin Dave 

@MissionMan 

@DiscipleofPenick

Congrats!

Congratulations, testers! 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80