Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Is Golf's Dress Code Outdated?

Everyone seems to be taking this down the cost road.   How about ignoring costs at looking more at style because athleisure from brands like lululemon, Rhoback, and others can be quite expensive.  Today’s style is significantly different and hoodies and  joggers are the norm.  We see P.G.A. professionals adopting this type of attire during their events.  

Sure, private clubs can dictate what they want their members to wear, but will younger players that wear the new styles join these clubs?   Will these clubs be able to continue long term?  

play at a local city run muni that has a sign up that states a dress code with collared shirt in bold and underlined.  

let’s look at the workplace.  When I started, proper attire was a suit.  Then It the. Progressed to casual Friday.  Then It progressed to business casual everyday.  There are people that now dress in what I consider to be less than business casual but honestly I don’t care.   

styles change and ultimately the styles that we see on the golf course should also evolve.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

25 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

So here is a thought for all of you who Insist on tradition being upheld and a dress code mandatory, You are well within your rights as an American to voice that take and that's a beautiful right to have, So my suggestion is if we choose to hold people down who cannot afford to change their wardrobe to suit the likes of others, let's go find a youth coach or talk to the powers that be at the club and make a nice donation to youth golf for those that cannot afford to go buy a couple "conforming" uniforms. To me it would be hard to offer a recommendation without providing a solution so this way everyone is good!! Surely anyone who needs these "standards"  upheld can afford to help those who cannot afford too. Easy as can be!!!

I donate hundreds of dollars, lots of free golf equipment (clubs, bags, etc) and my time to youth golf programs — mostly First Tee programs and youth golf programs in poor neighborhoods — every year for the very reasons that you presented.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

4 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I donate hundreds of dollars, lots of free golf equipment (clubs, bags, etc) and my time to youth golf programs — mostly First Tee programs and youth golf programs in poor neighborhoods — every year for the very reasons that you presented.

You sir are a good man!!!

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

As a relatively young golfer (25y/o) and one that has a membership at a private course in my city, I do not care too much about a dress code. I would never go out of my way to have a fit if someone was wearing something that looked a bit sloppy to me (think Adam Sandler dress code, untucked polo, gym shorts, etc.) but I would definitely have some comments in my head. 

Personally, I will always have a polo on, tucked in, with some form of golf pants and of course if it's a bit colder then maybe a q-zip or windbreaker too. I think it's strange to have a big enough problem with how someone is dressed that you go out of your way to say something to them or the clubhouse, just carry on with your round and focus on pace and the love of the game. 

Edited by TheSwingSingh

Nike Golf Fanatic
22 HCP
Calgary, AB Based
TheSwingSingh on TT/YT

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Sure, private clubs can dictate what they want their members to wear, but will younger players that wear the new styles join these clubs?   Will these clubs be able to continue long term?  

I think the answer here is yes, as a younger individual who is a member at a private club I have no opposition to and in fact prefer a somewhat traditional dress code. That being said I am very into sneakers and as a result have a decent selection of Jordan brand golf shoes that are based on popular sneakers. So I do also wear those frequently with slightly more laxed items, windbreakers etc. hasn't been an issue yet!

Nike Golf Fanatic
22 HCP
Calgary, AB Based
TheSwingSingh on TT/YT

I think the range it really shouldnt matter. I personally dress how I would on the course just because i want to control every aspect and avoid variables. Most of those are superstitions but its just how i operate. Like if i shoot a really good round, i try to wear a similar or exact same outfit. 
the range i got to most often has a nice restaurant in a pretty swanky town so everyone does tend to dress nicely and it is a sign of some posh people that of you show up dress down you can see the attitude people can have. But thats their problem. 
Btw i only go their most often cause its 5 min from my home and the range balls are reasonably priced compared to the nxt closest with is 20 min from my home and the same price balls.also my wife will come with me to this range so i can video my swing and she can have food and drinks. 

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

5 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I wonder how many forums for pickup basketball, or tennis, or pickleball, or fishing, or *insert sport here* have threads with people trying to force their fashion ideas on others who are trying to enjoy their game?

Yes I know some clubs have dress codes. Whatever. That wasn't the question here. It was about whether or not some of those codes are outdated. Which they are. We should be about growing the game and encouraging folks to play in whatever way they're comfortable doing, not whining about how we should look like we did when we went to church in 1954. I don't see anyone complaining that golfers aren't out there in plus 4s and wool sweaters, so I don't see why you should be whining about golfers in jeans and t-shirts. Are they out there trying to have fun? Are their greens fees helping keep courses open? Are they respecting the course? If the answer to those questions is YES then that's all that matters.

Soap box warning!

... Seems simple but this really is a complicated issue and covers more than what it seems like on the surface. Golf historically was an elitist sport. It is the main reason I didn't start playing til I was 35. All kinds of stuffy rules like no hat indoors. After wearing a nice baseball hat in the heat and sweating in the hot sun your hair can look so much worse than wearing a nice hat. And what about those Follicley challenged? Pa-lease. I didn't think they needed to change their elitist ways, but as a young hippie in worn out jeans and a tee shirts I just wasn't interested. 

... And this is probably a controversial hot take but who ever said we need to grow the game and bring in undesirable elements? Sure I have played with some Judge Smails types over the years and they are only slightly better than Al Czervik types yet what most all of us prefer is something in the middle. Relaxed but respectful. In my opinion the games stuffiness needed to be changed but I think the pendulum may have swung too far in the opposite direction. Golf is a game of honor where we historically called penalties on ourselves. It has a very rigid set of rules. I didn't like some of them but understood and abided by them. It is a very unique sport. I rarely played with anyone just making up their own set of rules to make the game more fun. In fact I am not sure I ever heard "more fun" because golf wasn't/isn't that. Enjoyable for sure but demanding, unyielding, unlucky, extremely difficult while being equally frustrating and rewarding. Today at a typical muni or resort course in Phoenix I see more riding carts than walkers to accommodate not having a few drinks but excessive dinking. And not just music but very LOUD music. "Growing the game" has brought in an element the game didn't want or need. As I said earlier, Bro Golf is fine for Topgolf but has no place on a golf course.

... I know Benz was joking but music is such a controversial topic and probably sums things up more than outdated fashion. If you can play your music so only your group can hear it, and if everyone in your group wants music, and if everyone in your group likes your music, folks should have no problem with it. If someone in your group golfs for the fresh air, sounds of nature and the peace a solitude golf can provide, turn your music off. I constantly hear very LOUD Rap and Country blaring from nearby holes. There is a sense of entiltelment from those types of golfers that is even more egregious than the old Boomer thinking everyone should dress like them. I disagree with Chuck Z often but that's how life works. I see no reason a young college grad that loves the game wearing a nice pair of joggers and a tee short isn't "dressed for success". The problem rises of course when you have a limited interpretation on what that it looks like, or even what success is. Stock broker making 500k with a nice car and very expensive golf clothes or a Fireman, EMT, Armed Forces member or a Teacher driving a Hyundai Elantra and wearing inexpensive casual clothes? I'll take the latter for $500 Alex. 

... I post this often but much of life comes down to are you a considerate person or an inconsiderate person? Considerate people know others feel/are different and not only accept it but embrace it. Most importantly they are aware of others and respect them and the course. If they play music it is at a respectful level that doesn't infringe on others enjoyment. They don't park their riding carts on the sides of tee boxes or greens. They have a drink or two but don't think It's Party Time on the golf course and get loud and obnoxious. They are aware people are behind them and do their best to keep up with the group in front of them. They fix their ball marks on the greens and any others they see. They replace their divots or fill them. They certainly don't care what you wear. Inconsiderate people live by "I don't give a f**k what anyone thinks I'm gonna gonna do things my way" and I have seen more and more of them in the last 10years. Seeing where someone entered a sand trap, hit a splash shot and walked out on a different path while stepping over a rake is far from rare. Tossing empty beer cans at trash bin and missing but leaving there or worse just tossing it out into the desert. 

... In the end golf is like life. If you do your best to respect the game, the course and those sharing it with you, everyone can agree to disagree about the trimmings. I play in nice golf shorts/pants and polo shirts because I like them. Even though I would never wear them, I am totally cool with joggers/jeans (I have worn jeans when it was cold) and tee shirts with sneakers while am I equally cool with a 24 index sporting a $750 embroidered Callaway staff bag, ALL Callaway clubs, uncomfortable Callaway dress shoes and clothes only playing Chrome Soft balls. As long as they are both respectful of the course and considerate of others around them.      

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I'm only dipping my toes in here, as I don't have much dog in this fight - I always wear a polo to golf, even if wearing a hoodie for warmth during the warmup, etc.  But most of that is, like most of you, born out of tradition and a desire to belong (my dad golfed, always wore a polo - it was like the "cool uniform" when he went to golf). 

That being said, I'm a fat guy. Keeping my shirt tucked in is an exercise in exhaustion, and after re-tucking it in multiple times per round, I usually give up and just let it be.  

The only shirt I have that STAYS tucked in is from Real Golfer (they ran a test on the forum last year, and I used a discount code on an already-low-cost polo), and when I got it, I thought it was a mistake - it looks like a dress when I put it on and don't tuck it in.  But I guess that's what I actually need (fabric down to my knees, lol) in order to keep it from untucking 😉

So, I guess what I'm saying, is be nice to a fat guy if you see his shirt untucked.  He's probably not doing it on purpose 🙂  If, however, he takes his shirt OFF, go have a little word with him about etiquette 😉

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118asppux3zfrwjvj01p

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

17 hours ago, bens197 said:

Would it be a bad time to ask some people here if they believe music should be allowed on a golf course?…

Live acoustic guitar only for me

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

25 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

Live acoustic guitar only for me

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118g157kqgvjth66by08

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

The dress code in golf has certainly evolved over time, but some argue that certain aspects may still feel outdated. While traditions are valued in golf, there's also a growing movement towards more inclusive and relaxed dress codes to attract a wider range of players. It's a balance between tradition and modernization.

If it was easy everybody would it.

3 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

I say that there is nothing at all wrong with decent jeans on the golf course. The jeans just shouldn't be ripped/torn or covered in horse dung, but otherwise what exactly is wrong with jeans for golf?

I personally don't find jeans to be a fit on the golf course. I guess I am a traditionalist, but I find a nice set of khakis or even better nice golf slacks, are nice. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

I gave up trying to encourage the head pro to enforce a dress code after I asked him about a female golfer who plays in Lulu Mon 20 years ago; but hey, she looks good and she won two Gold Medals in the Olympics.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with courses that have a dress code.  I have yet to see a course with branding in their dress code.  Asking for someone to wear a collared shirt and pants is not obtrusive.  Restaurants/Schools and other businesses have dress codes, golf courses are not unique in that respect.  I would like to see more courses spend time on enforcing etiquette for play, fix your ball marks/divots.  If someone wants to play in sweats or a tank top, they can do so on a course that doesn't mind that type of attire.   My 2 pennies....

Cheers

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

8 hours ago, Marlin Dave said:

Oh any club should absolutely have the right just as any employer has the right to ask his/her employees to wear uniform but should it be the take of the 60 year old conservative man or should maybe the times dictate which direction they go??? There will come a day when all of us conservative old dudes are dead and gone and when we've driven all the young people away who will keep up this silly tradition????

When that day comes, they can whip it outa their mankini to pee on the spot my wife dumped my ashes and I wouldn’t give a rip! 

//edited to add a note for those that don’t get my dry sarcastic humor - that was a joke folks….. //

Edited by Another Steve

The courses I play have shorts and collared, or turtle and mock neck shirts, as OK. It gets hot. As much as I would like to play in a t-shirt when it's 110, that exposes to much sunburn territory. I wear mock neck t- shirts from Lands End.

The courses at my old folk community put out a new dress code that allowed "golf" t-shirts. I inquired as to what makes a t-shirt a golf "t-shirt"? "What Tiger wears" was the response. OK, so I can buy an extremely expensive Nike t-shirt or I can argue my beautiful collarless Lands End t-shirts, which are just as nice and purchased on sale for a song, should be allowed. I indicated it would have been ridiculous to show up in a nice t-shirt and have whoever was behind the desk checking folks in be the arbiter of whether I could play that day.

Rules changed back the next day. And rightly so. 

I don't mind a reasonable code. 

I have more of a problem with the nonsensical rules. 

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

Everyone seems to be taking this down the cost road.   How about ignoring costs at looking more at style because athleisure from brands like lululemon, Rhoback, and others can be quite expensive.  Today’s style is significantly different and hoodies and  joggers are the norm.  We see P.G.A. professionals adopting this type of attire during their events.  

play at a local city run muni that has a sign up that states a dress code with collared shirt in bold and underlined.  

let’s look at the workplace.  When I started, proper attire was a suit.  Then It the. Progressed to casual Friday.  Then It progressed to business casual everyday.  There are people that now dress in what I consider to be less than business casual but honestly I don’t care.   

styles change and ultimately the styles that we see on the golf course should also evolve.  

TM stealth 2+ driver

callaway paradigm TD 3 wood

mizuno jpx-921 hm pro irons (4-G)

mizuno t22 54 degree

kirky sig 60 degree

odyssey 2-ball 

5 minutes ago, Mezz said:

Today’s style is significantly different and hoodies and  joggers are the norm.

... Professionals on the LPGA Tour have been wearing hoodies and joggers for years. 

usatsi_19640034.jpg.2365fa9df83f92a98c0ac724233b8529.jpg 

A lot of guys on here talking about golf attire being cost-prohibitive. Sure, you can go spend $100 on some fancy-pants golf shirt, but that’s your choice. Personally, I would much rather go to Costco, get two Callaway shirts, two pairs of golf pants, and still have enough cash left over for a twilight round for that same $100. To each their own on the big brand name stuff so that you can feel special, but it’s all stuff that’s made overseas in the same factories with the same quality. To cover shoes, because they typically are the most expensive part of the outfit, you can get a pair on Amazon for $30-60, or look into Puma because they have a huge sale selection pretty much at any given point. Bottom line is that golf attire is not expensive. The big brand names that you want to buy from are expensive. Shop smarter and you’ll have

more money to practice and play.

As far as “tradition” or “respect the game” folks go, dress code is pretty much up to the course. If you’re offended by someone not tucking in a shirt, then get a more prestigious club membership where it’s a requirement. I’ve played at some of the nicest courses in the country and not a single one of them bugged me about wearing joggers or a hoodie if it’s cold outside. They’re pretty much all private business. If you don’t like their dress code, then don’t play there. So long as the player is within the rules of a specific club, then who cares?

I don’t want to drag anyone, but every person I’ve been with that’s truly been that much of a snob about the aforementioned complaints such as the hat indoors or shirt tuck, has been the same people that take forever to hit a shot, forever to get off the green, and spend an unruly amount of time looking for lost balls and holding up pace of play. 

TM stealth 2+ driver

callaway paradigm TD 3 wood

mizuno jpx-921 hm pro irons (4-G)

mizuno t22 54 degree

kirky sig 60 degree

odyssey 2-ball 

2 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118g157kqgvjth66by08

Reminds me of the scene in Animal House -- ten seconds later Blutarski smashes the guitar to bits.

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Professionals on the LPGA Tour have been wearing hoodies and joggers for years. 

And yet, many of the courses that I play on my winter golf tour permit neither.. I posted a remark earlier that I have a very nice (and quite expensive) wool blend sweater that just happens to have a hood on it. I was told to remove it if I wanted to play at one tour event this year, but they were fine with the muted camo patterned compression thermal mock turtleneck that I was wearing underneath it. It was only about 32* to 35* that day and I was mighty cold without my favorite (hooded) sweater.

Spoiler

I am more of a traditionalist, but it is due to the clubs I belonged to, and it was the dress code. It just became the norm for me. The materials these days are far superior for moisture wicking and, UV protection. Why would I want to wear a cotton tee shirt?

I don't care if you wear a hoodie because you are younger, and this is more in line with what the younger generation wears. But I do have a question. What is the purpose? I have never seen someone wear it on their head playing golf. PET PEVE, one thing that really annoys me is seeing someone driving their car down the road with the hood of the hoodie up on their head totally taking away their peripheral vision. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I think that the golf attire rules are a little archaic and should follow the trends of the times. I think it is dumb that the PGA players can't wear shorts but their caddies can, the LPGA can. I'm not saying a tee shirt and holey jeans, but a nice hoodie and joggers is normal every day attire now. I wouldn't personally wear a hoodie, but I will wear a quarter zip and nice joggers. I do believe that we should look good on the course. 

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

14 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

one thing that really annoys me is seeing someone driving their car down the road with the hood of the hoodie up on their head totally taking away their peripheral vision. 

... Haha different subject but my Genesis GV60 might as well be a rolling video game. I have camera's that turn on and show my side view when I turn on my lane change signal. I have a BIG red warning signal in my side view mirrors if a car is in my blind spot. I have a back up camera AND graphics with a warning signal if a car or person is near me. I don't even turn my head to look anymore when backing up because my car does all the looking for me. Times be achangin' old man. 😉 

16 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I am more of a traditionalist, but it is due to the clubs I belonged to, and it was the dress code. It just became the norm for me. The materials these days are far superior for moisture wicking and, UV protection. Why would I want to wear a cotton tee shirt?

I don't care if you wear a hoodie because you are younger, and this is more in line with what the younger generation wears. But I do have a question. What is the purpose? I have never seen someone wear it on their head playing golf. PET PEVE, one thing that really annoys me is seeing someone driving their car down the road with the hood of the hoodie up on their head totally taking away their peripheral vision. 

I have seen plenty of people wear a hoodie with the hood over their head and ears when playing, temp in mid 40s and wind blowing 20mph. I have done it, pull it up over my hat to cover my ears. I am usually wearing a FJ wind 1/4 zip pullover with it to block the wind. I prefer soft comfort and no wind. Good chance I am wearing jeans that day as well. We are talking March, April, maybe May, October, November, December in Colorado. Rest of the time I am wearing shorts and a collared golf shirt as I run warm, prefer not to play in jeans, but when it is cold, I have no issues with them. 

As a 60yo man, I don't really care what people wear as long as they aren't dicking around on the course. 

I actually prefer a hood on my rain jacket so I can pull it up over my hat and keep the rain off my glasses and hat. I like hoods on my outerwear. 

26 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

IMO worse is wearing headphones, they can't hear emergency sirens coming or other sounds pertinent to driving a car. 

You go to a nice restaurant you dress up, you go to mcd’s you wear what you want.

you go to a wedding you dress appropriately, you go to a house party you dress down, unless it’s a nice house party celebrating some event or a semi formal gathering then you dress appropriately.

There are trends that come and go, mock turtlenecks were allowed when Tiger made them famous, it didn’t detract from the dress code and allowed for new trends to be allowed at some courses, some courses where Tiger played wouldn’t allow them at a non tour event.

hoodies and joggers are cool and I wear them at times where allowed, but there is still a resemblance of a dress code and they aren’t the joggers worn at a gym.

Dress for the occasion and the location. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

51 minutes ago, chisag said:

Sure they have. The question is - why? Nobody has even been seen playing with the hood up, so why would you wear a hoodie - other than making a 'statement' ? The hoodie has no obvious advantage - unless you intend to use the hood functionality it provides. So ditch the hoodie - it's a crock.

5 minutes ago, jaskanski said:

Sure they have. The question is - why? Nobody has even been seen playing with the hood up, so why would you wear a hoodie - other than making a 'statement' ? The hoodie has no obvious advantage - unless you intend to use the hood functionality it provides. So ditch the hoodie - it's a crock.

... Is that the question? Why is a stranger on TV wearing something you don't like or you wouldn't wear? I try and watch every televised LPGA event and I have seen plenty of women wearing their hood up while playing in the wind or chilly temps. Same thing on the range before an early morning round when it is cold. Hood up on the range and when it gets warmer on the course hood down. That said even if the ladies are just making fashion statement I am perfectly OK with that too. 

This topic feels pretty like something that generally, has more of an age divide than others.

Some of the dress code type requirements are goofy and antiquated to me, being in my early 30s. Private clubs where you need to remove your hat when your indoors feels insane, as does requiring a tucked in shirt. But, there is something to the feel of an expensive round of golf somewhere and the entire experience reflecting the level of the round.

This being said, I feel like there is some common sense that should apply and is typically how I choose to dress.  My local course where I hold a membership can be pretty laid back, so if I'm trying to squeeze in 9 holes at 6pm after work one day, I'll likely just wear a t-shirt, but at the same course, would opt for a collard shirt for a weekend morning tee time. Which leads to a comment that @Marlin Dave made earlier, which I whole-heartedly agree with. If someone elses apparel is bothering you that much, you really aren't playing the game for the right reason. 

Taylormade Stealth 2 Driver

Taylormade Stealth 2 4 wood

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 

Taylormade p790 4-PW

Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 60

Taylormade Spider GT