How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Back to Windmill Lakes yesterday and I played better than I have been. Driver was pretty good and despite not hitting a lot of FIRs, for the most part I was just in the rough, so nothing penal.

I ended the day 43/43 86 from the blue tees playing 6500+.

Shot of the day was on the par 3 12th. Pin at 201, I hit 7UW into a quartering wind. Ball mark was a foot right of pin high.

PXL_20240630_183827243.PORTRAIT.jpg.30c6035c67b20213ec6190b8d0929e53.jpg

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

13 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Had a 6:30 tee time with @DiscipleofPenick at Pine Hills — first time back since our outing with 7 other spy's back in 2020 (I actually looked up the thread because we couldn't remember how long ago).

We decided to play high-stakes match play to try to help keep both our heads in it longer. High-stakes was a Powerade. 😉

Driver was much better — I went to the range Friday night and found something — still not great but mostly acceptable. Short game/putting weren't that great. Tom was giving me 2 per side and I couldn't take advantage of them and ended up losing 3 and 2. He drove the ball spectacularly — if not the best I've seen him hit it, certainly close.

Even though I had a birdie, I feel like the highlight might have been the par on 18 — it's a tough hole. 7w 2nd into the wind that I caught just a tad thick and was begging for it to get there. It barely did, leaving a long 2-putt. Our distance off the tee on that hole wasn't super different, but because of my fade and the layout, I had 7w 2nd, he had 8i.

I ended up shooting an 88, which I actually somewhat pleased with as it's a pretty tough course.

I did have a very solid day with a 42/39 for 81. Driver was fantastic and short game was on point for the most part. The highlight of my round was a chip in birdie on #10. Irons are still improving, but very happy with the round on a tough course.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Played yesterday a tournament at my home course, was feeling pretty good, was playing decent. Temp was about 100 degrees, but I was drinking lots of water.
Got the the back 9.. back started to get stiff, (actually was turns out to be muscle cramps) could barely bend down and hit the ball.  Last 4 holes (Bogey, Double, Bogey, Triple). Just brutal ending.  Ended up having heat exhaustion/stroke more cramps when I got home, body was just too hot and couldn't cool down fast enough. Liquid IV was not enough. 
Moral of the story, hydride before going to play in ridiculous  heat and the hydride some more.

Screenshot_20240630_190808_ShotScope.jpg.6cb8d261fabae8461527e5420afa9fcc.jpg

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Terra Forza White Shaft
3 -Wood Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag
TESTED: Terra Forza Shaft 

On Saturday, I played a round at one of my favorite courses in the Chicagoland area: The Highlands of Elgin. I played with my brother-in-law who was in town to play Erin Hills with me on Sunday (see next post for that round breakdown).

I figured this would be a great warmup for Sunday's round, as the course also has an "inland links" feel. We ended up playing the Black/Gold combo tees, which play just under 6800 yards. I ended up shooting 82 (40-42), which I was pretty happy with. 

I've been knocking on the door of the 70s scores for most of this year, so I'm hoping I can breakthrough soon. My goal has been to eliminate 3-putts and double bogeys (or at least minimize them). This round I had three 3-putts and 2 doubles.

Overall, happy with how I played and hoping I can keep improving throughout the summer!

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425 Max 9.0º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Red Velocore 7S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e3cc5559919d7bec2abdbe999c30614b.jpg P7CB (4-PW), Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff (testing in progress)

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg.a7dc06ee6fc9b8df09953a46df717684.jpg Ai-ONE Jailbird Mini DB 35"

Ball:  Maxfli_new(1).png.543c09044d6b6e8a80c748512567d803.png Tour X

5 minutes ago, Byrnzee said:

On Sunday I had the privilege of being able to play Erin Hills. It has been a bucket list course for me for quite some time and it's only about 2 hours from Chicago. It also has arguably my favorite logo in golf (as someone with Irish heritage who went to Notre Dame, it's hard to beat). My brother-in-law flew in for the weekend and a couple of my Chicago friends rounded out the foursome. The weather was absolutely perfect - high 60s and sunny with a nice breeze.

We got there early, with about two hours to soak it all in. The entire experience was top notch. We dropped our bags off and they were donned with Erin Hills tags (that won't be coming off anytime soon). Then we checked out the clubhouse that was filled with U.S. Open memorabilia and photographs, before hitting the pro shop to check-in and checkout all the merch.

Then we hit the range, where they had TP5x golf balls in vintage Erin Hills den caddy bags. They also had a great short-game area where you could practice chipping and bunker shots. It was an incredible setup, probably the best practice facilities I've ever seen in person. We met our caddies on the range and they were both great. I had heard about how renown the caddy program at Erin Hills was and they definitely did not disappoint (shoutout Chloe and Joe for the excellent service!)

My brother-in-law @Swood1994 and I decided to play the green tees, which were playing just about 6800 yards. My friends decided to do the green/white combo tees, which played closer to 6300. I ended up shooting 88 (42-46) for the day, which I was very happy with. My goal was to break 90 and I was able to do that and feel pretty good about my round. After the front nine I actually thought I'd get closer to shooting 80, but after par-par on 10-11 to start the back, I didn't have another one.

I think fatigue played a big part of the back nine downfall. I don't often walk 18 holes, especially at courses with this magnitude of undulation. Having caddies was obviously a plus, but I still felt my swing getting lazy as the round progressed. Overall, I hit the ball pretty well all day (minus a few errant drives) and only had one 3-putt (which are hard to avoid at Erin Hills!). Unfortunately had 4 doubles including 3 on the back nine. Would love to play the course again sometime and try to eliminate those!

The round itself was incredible. The course is immaculate and pictures/videos don't do it justice. Walking down the first fairway (after a great drive) and soaking it all in was incredibly special. After the round, we stopped in the pro shop to stock up on some of the best merchandise in golf. Then we grabbed a pint of Guinness and some cheese curds in the course pub before dinner at the restaurant overlooking the course. We ended our day at Erin Hills on the Drumlin putting course: a 12-hole game on a mammoth green with funhouse undulation. 

All-in-all, probably as close as you can get to a perfect day. Definitely one of my favorite courses of all time and I'm incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to play it. Will be looking forward to returning some day to walk those hallowed grounds once again.

Until next round!

From what I have heard, breaking 90 on your first go around at Erin Hills is a massive achievement! Great job with the flatstick, sounds like you guys had about as great of a golf day as someone can have.

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

1 hour ago, barney_bogey said:

I know it doesn't really count. We played up. But man was it ever fun to stick so many shots on the green or just off of it leaving an easy chip to get up and down. 

They all count, just cause the shots are shorter/easier you still have to hit the shots and execute. Congrats on the firsts. Bryson suggests something for junior golfers that I think we could all learn from. Play forward tees some times and learn to shoot low scores. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

The spring and early summer in the upper mid-west this year has been extremely frustrating.  For the most part, the temperatures have been lower than normal (we still haven't even had our first 90° day here in the Twin Cities).  So, at least we haven't had to deal with any major heat waves.  

However, we've had so much rain the last few months that there are regular flooding alerts.  The golf courses are so saturated that there are low lying areas where mowers can't even get to, which results in longer rough, and plugged golf balls.  We even had a match where the ball was hit into one of these areas and was lost.  There's nothing you can do other than go back and re-hit.  Even when you hit a good drive in the fairway, you're lucky if it gets 3 yards of roll.  I've had more than one instance where the drive either plugged, or bounced backwards from its pitch mark in the fairway. 

On top of that, even when the courses have had time to dry out a little, it seems the wind has been whipping up pretty regularly.  We're getting days that are 15-20 MPH winds, gusting to 30+.  I expect those kinds of conditions in Ireland or Scotland, but not Minneapolis.

The wet and windy conditions have been eating my handicap for lunch.  Every course is easily playing 3-4 strokes harder because you either have at least two more clubs into every green with no roll, or the ball is just getting blasted by the wind.  Either way, it's been very tough so far this year - at least until yesterday.

We finally got a beautiful day.  The kind of day that I've gotten so used to in years past that I've taken them for granted.  We played at Keller Golf Course in Maplewood.  This is easily one of the best public courses in the state.  It was in great shape despite the amount of play it gets.  I definitely recommend checking it out to anyone in or around the area.  

It was 75° with low humidity, and 7-10 MPH wind.  It had also been a few days since it rained, so the course was starting to dry out a bit and didn't have many wet spots.  We even saw some drives rollout!  It was crazy!  

I ended up shooting a half-way decent score after a little bit of a stumble at the start.  I shot a solid 78 with a couple of birdies including a chip in on hole 17.  I think I could have scored lower if my decision making had been a little more disciplined at the start, but that's golf.  

I hope everyone in and around Minnesota was able to get out and enjoy the beautiful day we had yesterday, and I certainly hope it's a sign of better days to come.

:mizuno-small: ST-X 230 Driver, 9.5°, Fujikura Ventus Red TR, 7-X (currently testing and reviewing Graphics Design Tour AD IZ 7-X)

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour Fairway, 15°, Accra FX 2.0 370 M4

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB, 3-4 Iron, Graphic Design Tour AD-95, X-Flex

:mizuno-small: MP-20, MMC, 5 Iron-PW, Nippon Modus 2.0 Tour 120, S-Flex

:mizuno-small: T-24, 50°, 55°, 60° Wedges, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115

:mizuno-small: M.Craft II

:titleist-small: Pro V1

:Arccos: 

19 hours ago, alii1959 said:

That was the problem with a course I once was a member of.  It is the most popular public course in my county.  Didn't even track the time.  My current home course is usually not too busy.  I can finish 18 in 2.5-3.5 hrs walking.  However, the folks in carts are usually what slows things down.  How in the world do people get motorized and slow down???  Too much talking, too much playing by committee....  What?  Ok, fine, I will go and say 50 Hail Pars and toss 3 new balls in the lake as pittance....(bad, bad rants...no more rants about the silly little carts....bad, bad boy).

Don't worry a lot of us on here have the same rant (but there are multiple other threads to, ummm, discuss that topic). My main gripe is I'm at a .. supposedly .. high end private club and I'm spending way too much money to stand around watching other people.... (haha ok rant over)

7 hours ago, barney_bogey said:

I know it doesn't really count. We played up.

Totally agree with the others who say it *does* count! You made the shots - enjoy those positives and use them in your game moving forward.

And obviously for handicap purposes the rating from those "cheater" tees 😉 will be taken into effect.

Good shooting and nice bunch of firsts!! 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

7 hours ago, ZackS said:

They all count, just cause the shots are shorter/easier you still have to hit the shots and execute. Congrats on the firsts. Bryson suggests something for junior golfers that I think we could all learn from. Play forward tees some times and learn to shoot low scores. 

I'm in agreement with this, you played a round and scored against the posted par. I've also heard from others that doing so will build confidence and you know that you can do it. You have to build on the positive memories and the next time you're out at that course you can be on a certain hole and think to yourself "hey, I made birdie/par here so I can go out again. 

Congratulations on the milestone round!

Played 9 this afternoon at a fun Par 3 where each hole is a replica (sometimes scaled down a little) of a famous Par 3 - such as #3 which is similar (emphasized .. not "alike") to Augusta #12.

Last time I was there was maybe 3 years ago and I think I made triple on every hole.... But it was nice to see that it's still only $15 for a really nice little walk and irons practice session.

Wind picked up and was a steady 25, plus I only had a few practice clubs with me - 7i, PW, 54, putter - and no GPS watch so I was working hard to manipulate the 7i off the tee to guestimated distances with changing winds. 

But no problem, right? 😄

Actually hit the first green and sank the birdie putt! ..so a great start .. which didn't hold up 🤷‍♂️

Managed to hit 3/9 greens, but also hit two greenside bunkers and actually lost one ball off the tee waaay left.

The next green I hit (#4) was one of the longer holes that plays all uphill, so you can't see the green; there's a bailout area to the right and, of course, a deep bunker in front. Aimed just left of the front edge of the green and hit it well enough .. ball held its line. 2 putt par. 

#9 is like that TPC island green (#17, I think?) except you walk up the right side. Again wasn't sure if the distance, and now the wind is coming from the right, but caught a good punch type shot that landed on the green and (whew) did not roll off the back. Almost....sank the first putt, rolled over the right edge of the cup, but managed to convert this into a 3 putt bogey 🤦‍♂️ Happy with that tee shot, though! 

Oh yeah, the Augusta hole - didn't think the 7i could get there against the wind so just punched it down the fairway short of the pond in front. Then hit the PW just the right distance to the middle of the green (which is narrower front to back). 2 putt "easy" bogey.

Overall managed an average of bogey golf of +9 for 9, which was ok given the wind and the couple of goofs I made off the tee.

But really just a fun and different golf experience!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

2 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Played 9 this afternoon at a fun Par 3 where each hole is a replica (sometimes scaled down a little) of a famous Par 3 - such as #3 which is similar (emphasized .. not "alike") to Augusta #12.

Last time I was there was maybe 3 years ago and I think I made triple on every hole.... But it was nice to see that it's still only $15 for a really nice little walk and irons practice session.

Wind picked up and was a steady 25, plus I only had a few practice clubs with me - 7i, PW, 54, putter - and no GPS watch so I was working hard to manipulate the 7i off the tee to guestimated distances with changing winds. 

But no problem, right? 😄

Actually hit the first green and sank the birdie putt! ..so a great start .. which didn't hold up 🤷‍♂️

Managed to hit 3/9 greens, but also hit two greenside bunkers and actually lost one ball off the tee waaay left.

The next green I hit (#4) was one of the longer holes that plays all uphill, so you can't see the green; there's a bailout area to the right and, of course, a deep bunker in front. Aimed just left of the front edge of the green and hit it well enough .. ball held its line. 2 putt par. 

#9 is like that TPC island green (#17, I think?) except you walk up the right side. Again wasn't sure if the distance, and now the wind is coming from the right, but caught a good punch type shot that landed on the green and (whew) did not roll off the back. Almost....sank the first putt, rolled over the right edge of the cup, but managed to convert this into a 3 putt bogey 🤦‍♂️ Happy with that tee shot, though! 

Oh yeah, the Augusta hole - didn't think the 7i could get there against the wind so just punched it down the fairway short of the pond in front. Then hit the PW just the right distance to the middle of the green (which is narrower front to back). 2 putt "easy" bogey.

Overall managed an average of bogey golf of +9 for 9, which was ok given the wind and the couple of goofs I made off the tee.

But really just a fun and different golf experience!

Sounds like a fun little course!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

3 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

After years of chasing 80 and getting close so many times a year I finally was able to break through on Sunday and not only break 80 but absolutely smash it with a 75 at one of my favorite courses.

Congrats on breaking 80.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

37 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

After years of chasing 80 and getting close so many times a year I finally was able to break through on Sunday and not only break 80 but absolutely smash it with a 75 at one of my favorite courses. Neshanic Valley Golf Course has 3 separate 9's and I played Ridge to Lake from the blues which is roughly 6000yds. I shot a 38 on the ridge 9 followed by a 37 on the lake 9. Offcourse below gives a nice quick summary of the round and my round started on the 10th hole and Arccos breaks it down in a bit more detail. 

Congrats on the milestone!

GT4,10 *, Ventus Black TR 6 S Velacore

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

43 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

After years of chasing 80 and getting close so many times a year I finally was able to break through on Sunday and not only break 80 but absolutely smash it with a 75 at one of my favorite courses. Neshanic Valley Golf Course has 3 separate 9's and I played Ridge to Lake from the blues which is roughly 6000yds. I shot a 38 on the ridge 9 followed by a 37 on the lake 9. Offcourse below gives a nice quick summary of the round and my round started on the 10th hole and Arccos breaks it down in a bit more detail. 

image.png.2c6ac83c5dbea9f79ef4718c4389c65b.png            image.png.adac5aa10ebb6c71a4aab2f26c87fc67.png

This round also brought down my handicap to the lowest I've ever had and officially gets me into a single digit handicap even with rounding. Just a great day of golf that was rewarded and a long time coming.  

image.png.61ffd877bf4523c7a78f10cf6dfdf746.png

Congrats 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Solid round today, could have been much better without my now customary poor finish. Front 9 was very good. After a bogey start, made a great sand save on the second. Up and down on 3. Soft 3 putt after lipping out my first. Another up and down on 5. Birdies on 6 and 7 after hitting it in close. Highlight of the round was scrounging a par on 9 after taking an unplayable lie and having to play out of the trees . 
Started the back 9 well until another 3 putt on 12. Birdie on 13 before the rot set in. Double on 14 and 15, bogies on 16,17 and 18. Pins were very tough, a couple were diabolical. Finished 9 over, 7 over my last 5. Only 1 player out of 150 beat their handicap for the day

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I have found recently that for some reason I can hit my 3 iron nearly as far consistently as I can my driver. I know it is partly because I can full swing my three Iron while my driver would slice into oblivion. Has anyone else noticed this? I can consistently hit my 3 iron 234-245 and have had some roll to the 265ish range where even if I get a "good" strike with my driver it will go about 270-280 but it is not nearly as consistent. For me consistently is 3-5 going 230's range, one going 200, one getting topped and rolling 130. Where the driver is 1 going 270's 2 going into the woods, one getting topped going 150's and one magically hooking left when I expect a little slice. Golf is irritating, but I love it.   

Driver- Ping 425

Woods- Ping 425 3 wood,  Calloway Ai Smoke 7 Wood 

Irons- Ping 425 5i-PW,  Ping iCrossover 3i

Wedges- Cleveland CBX-4 56, Volkey SM9 60 

Putter- Odyssey White Hot Versa 3T S SL Putter

13 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

image.png.2c6ac83c5dbea9f79ef4718c4389c65b.png            image.png.adac5aa10ebb6c71a4aab2f26c87fc67.png

This round also brought down my handicap to the lowest I've ever had and officially gets me into a single digit handicap even with rounding. Just a great day of golf that was rewarded and a long time coming.  

congrats on your personal best... wow...

committed to performance excellence

Posted (edited)

Played at Windmill Lakes from the blues (6500+) again this morning.

45/42 87, so 1 worse than Sunday. I did manage to birdie the long par 4 17th.

Edited by MattF

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

14 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

Nice Round!  Congrats!

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

Sitting on 18 tee box waiting for the green to clear.  Sitting at 3 over with several missed birdie opportunities. 

Hole 16 - 2nd shot 166, 8 iron 

20240702_135929.jpg.1305ca2d85a30bbf580c7f13b4438af3.jpg

Hole 4 - Missed the short birdie putt 

20240702_124528.jpg.752bf578c65cc9b18fbfab373f08bf74.jpg

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

After being tortured by the extreme heat the past day and half from well/water replacements,  I thought for sure I wouldn't have anything left for golf. Treated myself to 9 holes as an attaboy.

Shot like absolute garbage, a few missed fairways, a number of sloppy approaches for missed greens and terrible putting.

But I enjoyed every moment of it!!!

Still managed a 43 somehow!  After 9 I was tuckered, and called it a day.

Just glad to have water to shower with again!

20240702_140110.jpg

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

5 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Sitting on 18 tee box waiting for the green to clear.  Sitting at 3 over with several missed birdie opportunities. 

Hole 16 - 2nd shot 166, 8 iron 

20240702_135929.jpg.1305ca2d85a30bbf580c7f13b4438af3.jpg

Hole 4 - Missed the short birdie putt 

20240702_124528.jpg.752bf578c65cc9b18fbfab373f08bf74.jpg

I'm going to be in Austin in October for some music fest my wife and daughter are going to. We should play. I'm bringing my sticks.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* or EPIC Max LS 10.5* or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* 

Woods: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpg Mini or TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png Mini BRNR

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H, 4H, 5H 

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD 

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* 

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

21 minutes ago, Erin B said:

I'm going to be in Austin in October for some music fest my wife and daughter are going to. We should play. I'm bringing my sticks.

Must be ACL.

Absolutely man!  Would love to. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter