How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played so poorly today that I stopped after 7 and went to the driving range. No sense getting too upset over the game.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

There are more things I can practice on the course than I can on the range.  If I'm by myself and the course is mostly empty, I can practice those shots that give me trouble.  The range doesn't give me the feel of the course, and I hit balls differently there.  The range is flat; my course is anything but!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've got some crazy amounts of golf coming up the next 3-4 weekends, we have a 3x6 tourney sat., final interclub match Sunday. Next week is club Champ. at Charlie Rymers old course, Fort Mill Golf Club. Then club champ. at my home course the weekend after that, then 2 weeks later we have a member-member. Also in early October we are looking to head down to Hilton Head and go to Harbor Town for some golf, then I will be taking some time off for a few weeks I think.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I've got some crazy amounts of golf coming up the next 3-4 weekends, we have a 3x6 tourney sat., final interclub match Sunday. Next week is club Champ. at Charlie Rymers old course, Fort Mill Golf Club. Then club champ. at my home course the weekend after that, then 2 weeks later we have a member-member. Also in early October we are looking to head down to Hilton Head and go to Harbor Town for some golf, then I will be taking some time off for a few weeks I think.

Harbor Town is freakin awesome, I loved it.

Enjoy your summer!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot 40/43:83 today at Babe Zaharias GC in Tampa. Came in 2nd place in the points game for $31....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Shot 40/43:83 today at Babe Zaharias GC in Tampa. Came in 2nd place in the points game for $31....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also like another Babe Zaharias course in SoCal. It's one of my all time favorite course. I know it's not the same but reading the name bring back good memories, as the matter of fact I might try to get out and play there this week.

Congrats on winning.

Play a round this morning, not everything went smoothly. Woke my butt up at 4:00am and got to the course by 5:10 our tee time was at 5:30. The starter did not get to the course til 5:25 and spent another 15mins playing with the computer. Didn't tee off till 5:50. Hmmm!

Played well but my distance is gone this past few rounds. I probably loss 30 yards off a few drives. Time to get back on the monitor. Missed 2 eagle for a tap in birdies, and made a couple of long birdie putts. On the flip side missed a few par putts on each side as well. All was good, shot 35-38 for a 1 par round, can't complain. Time to hits some drives on the range.

Played Mallory this morning great shape, Bermuda rough wet and narly. 42/40 for 82, which is great for me right now.

Getting used to the new G400 irons and they R a treat.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Had a very up and down 9 hole round in the playoffs tonight. 3 very solid pars. Then a bunch of doubles and triples led to a 51. But it was good enough for a win in the match as I was getting 5 strokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Had a very up and down 9 hole round in the playoffs tonight. 3 very solid pars. Then a bunch of doubles and triples led to a 51. But it was good enough for a win in the match as I was getting 5 strokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good match, fun following along.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played a 9 hole practice today because the weather is too nice to pass on. No driver just a 5 hybrid, odyssey X-Act tank chipper, 5 wedges and a putter. Set up camp at a few bunkers and a few bends at the doglegs rough. I used the 5 hybrid for the punch shots and playing the Hagen's low running shots from 140. Trying to collect more data for shots to add in my bag plus boosting my 80% shots profile.

Hit some ridiculously high bunker shots practice as well as some full swing flop shots 15 feet away from the tigh lie on the fringe. Had lots of fun with the chipper.

Play the last 2 holes in with another member playing with his 2 young daughters they were good little players.

Played a 9 hole practice today because the weather is too nice to pass on. No driver just a 5 hybrid, odyssey X-Act tank chipper, 5 wedges and a putter. Set up camp at a few bunkers and a few bends at the doglegs rough. I used the 5 hybrid for the punch shots and playing the Hagen's low running shots from 140. Trying to collect more data for shots to add in my bag plus boosting my 80% shots profile.

Hit some ridiculously high bunker shots practice as well as some full swing flop shots 15 feet away from the tigh lie on the fringe. Had lots of fun with the chipper.

Play the last 2 holes in with another member playing with his 2 young daughters they were good little players.

I love this kind of practice - I got on the course yesterday after my range session to check gapping between my 6 iron and 5 hybrid.

Houston we have a problem there for real!

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

I love this kind of practice - I got on the course yesterday after my range session to check gapping between my 6 iron and 5 hybrid.

Houston we have a problem there for real!

Too much gap I wager.  My 5H is my next club after my 5i.  I may be considering a 6H and dropping the 5i, but there are a few shots around my course where the 5i is better, especially when the wind is up.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Too much gap I wager.  My 5H is my next club after my 5i.  I may be considering a 6H and dropping the 5i, but there are a few shots around my course where the 5i is better, especially when the wind is up.

I have a few 5 hybrids at one point I used to carry 2 5 hybrids because the distance gap is about 14 yards. It was the adam new idea and Taylormade rbz stage 2, TM is the longer one.

I have a few 5 hybrids at one point I used to carry 2 5 hybrids because the distance gap is about 14 yards. It was the adam new idea and Taylormade rbz stage 2, TM is the longer one.

The RBZ FW and hybrids are good.  I had the original RBZ 3W and 3H, 5H ever since they came out.  I'd still have them, except I tried the Wilson Staff D300 this year.  More consistent, and just as long.

Played a last minute round today with a good friend that I haven't seen in 3 years, he was in town for a couple days.

So we played our two toughest nine hole courses. Shot 98 With a 47 and 51. Way too many bogeys and the dreaded doubles. Only a few pars.

All the bad holes seemed to come short and right drives. That seemed to be a result of getting lazy and not completing the backswing.

Note to self tomorrow. Finish the backswing.

Whaky day-

38-35/ 73

Played like CRAP!

But my putter was on fire.

Like 7 1-putts, 29 total putts.

Even when first putt was weak- I drilled the second.

Then the new 2-ball arrived for testing and review. My partner says I'm crazy to even look at it haha

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

My last 2 rounds out, I've shot 80 both times.  And a tale of 2 different rounds.  2 rounds ago, the 80 was a result of a great day driving and hitting approaches and 37 putts.  This past round I didn't find as many fairways, smotherhooked one on a par 5 that's an easy birdie off the tee, and ended up with an 8.  31 putts though.  Now to put them both together.  I went to the range today for the first time in forever to work some more on a shaft review I'm doing, and wouldn't you know it, the only thing open was the mats.  So much for range time.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Next to last league match for the season and we're fighting for the last playoff spot.

I'm playing in the anchor match and the rest of our team dug us a huge hole. Down 5 holes and 8 strokes. What the hell? Blinds would've put us in a better spot.

My partner and I both had strong grips on our matches but needed more. Guess what we did, 2 snap hooks into the woods on #7 and now we've just gotta fight to win our matches. The team match is over.

Didn't get much better from there. The mental part of the game is a funny thing. Overall, I shot 1 over my handicap for a 42 and pushed holes and strokes. My partner tied holes but lost on strokes by 1.

It was a super tight match and lots of fun to play with those guys. Now the playoff picture is looking bleak so we'll see what happens from here.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Next to last league match for the season and we're fighting for the last playoff spot.

I'm playing in the anchor match and the rest of our team dug us a huge hole. Down 5 holes and 8 strokes. What the hell? Blinds would've put us in a better spot.

My partner and I both had strong grips on our matches but needed more. Guess what we did, 2 snap hooks into the woods on #7 and now we've just gotta fight to win our matches. The team match is over.

Didn't get much better from there. The mental part of the game is a funny thing. Overall, I shot 1 over my handicap for a 42 and pushed holes and strokes. My partner tied holes but lost on strokes by 1.

It was a super tight match and lots of fun to play with those guys. Now the playoff picture is looking bleak so we'll see what happens from here.

I may have missed it in an earlier post. What type of format is your playoff. Both team and individual? Sounds like a college golf match with 5 players compiling a team score, but also fighting for individual matches.

Played on Wednesday and had the worse round all year. Shot a 92. I would love to blame it all on the course and weather (heat+humidity) but I know what the real cause was. My tempo was crazy. I was swinging way too fast. Right now my course is very wet so there is no roll. I was probably trying to compensate that in my swing. On top of the wet conditions they just punched the fairways and greens. But as I always say, "a bad day on the course beats any day in the office."

I think if I manage to get out this weekend I am just going to go to the range and work on my tempo. I noticed from a few of my divots I may be coming over the top a little.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

An ugly 10 over. The first hole summed up my day. 3rd into the par 5 pitched about 12 foot from the hole, spun back about 40 foot into the bunker. My score was about the best it could have been for how I was swinging it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

By my normal standards not good at all. For not having hit more than 10 balls in the last two weeks I played halfway decent. Went first out today as a twosome and had a very relaxing time with a good partner. Put up a not so good 80 but once I got settled in I played a pretty good last 12 holes.

WITB 2024

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: Sim 19* RDX Smoke Red 75 TX

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons:  :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I'm ridiculously long with my SLDR S hybrids. The ball launches off both of them and even though it flies high it bores through the wind.

I'm going to bring my old 5 hybrid to the course today to see how it pairs with the new one.

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

I may have missed it in an earlier post. What type of format is your playoff. Both team and individual? Sounds like a college golf match with 5 players compiling a team score, but also fighting for individual matches.

Not individual just head-to-head team. In each match, you're playing against one opponent directly. You're simultaneously playing match and stroke play. Each match has 2 points up for grabs (1 for stroke, 1 for match) and you get a half point if you tie. Handicaps are applied. Then, total team strokes (handicap adjusted) and total team holes are awarded as well (2 points available for each).

During the regular season, usually 4 golfers from each team go out but it can be 8 or more during playoffs. A typical league match would have 12 points up for grabs.

I love this format really. No matter what, you're never out of it and teamwork really matters. My buddy Scott and I generally play the anchor matches and I freaking love the pressure. One nice thing about the league is it's always kept civil. While there's a few beefs that float around, everyone gets along and encourages each other. Amidst the competition, we compliment each other's nice shots and still get a round of beers after the round.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Played on Wednesday and had the worse round all year. Shot a 92. I would love to blame it all on the course and weather (heat+humidity) but I know what the real cause was. My tempo was crazy. I was swinging way too fast. Right now my course is very wet so there is no roll. I was probably trying to compensate that in my swing. On top of the wet conditions they just punched the fairways and greens. But as I always say, "a bad day on the course beats any day in the office."

... Easy to do! When it is particularly windy I have to be very cognizant of over swinging to compensate for the wind. If I don't, my tempo suffers for that round and several rounds after. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

Played in a two man ambrose yesterday, we shot a two under 71 for a net 64.25 and ninth place. Our playing partners shot a 9 under 64 for a net 64.25 as well!! The winning score was 59.75.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, Nippon Modus Tour 115 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Played in a 3 man best ball today.

We ended up at 61 and finished 4th

53 took it, was a great day for golfing

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Shot 76 today in just brutally hot and humid conditions. Made a crapy bogey on 9 to shoot even on that nine which was our back. I've never broken par on that nine. I have on the other 9. I shot 40 on it today but the pins were ridiculously tough.

So 40-36 for me. I'm hitting it well. I only missed one fairway all day. Hit 11 greens!