How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

16 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Played 9 after gc work, shot a pb of 38.

Here's a short recap from the mindset test thread.

20240419_161650.jpg.7f70c6baf2bede95be82c43ab4c9ebcb.jpg

Congrats @Rob Person

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Played in a little money game this am. 10$ buy in. 5 for closest to the hole on the par 3s and a short downhill par 4 carry is like 230 dogleg. Then 5 dollar skins. Only thing money today was my buy in. Had a nasty case of the pull draws with everything. Normally set up for a cut or fade. So it was a struggle.

Driver: Mizuno Stz

Fairway: Titliest 9115 3 Wood

Irons: Callaway Legacy Black 4-PW

Wedges: Vokeys

Putter: Phantom 5.5

Ball: ProV or Chrome Tour X

1 hour ago, Jmikecpa said:

My hope of finally playing one round this year that was not in high wind and cold came true. I played in mildly cold temps with wind and rain 🤦‍♂️. Actually played well and my short game saved me since the wind was just hard to read which made me come up short a lot. Ended up with a +1 73 for the day and it was just a grind that made me lean on the short game and putter. On a good note the mini driver is a keeper and hit it quite a bit off the tee including a 305 yard downwind bomb on a tight driving hole. Had I realized the wind would have hit it that hard I would have hit hybrid. 

Great round!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

40 minutes ago, Fongle said:

Considering the weather?

I think I played very well 😂 Played in a new weekend comp today with a mate (who did not want to finish for some reason), checked the weather app and saw no lightning, and no one had called us in, so I finished the hole and my round. 

I actually played the worst I have in years, for which I will blame the weather and my currently bad knee and ankle, but putter was absolutely hot. No 3 putts, and drained 2 from 30+ feet.

Can’t imagine why he didn’t want to finish, more surprised that he even started with that weather 🤣

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

12 hours ago, Rob Person said:

@GolfSpy_SHARK

Here are some from yesterday and this morning...

20240420_112216.jpg.3cc6009fcc9c20c44c95de5d2b02be7c.jpg20240420_112233.jpg.7e3fd8ebaf447dc42eeb08de1c88fb29.jpg20240420_094048.jpg.d10f23d026261efce8a16acfd9f14970.jpg20240420_074332.jpg.316cd1a909450e31a11b9f38236d1da1.jpg20240419_065308.jpg.1d97cd02cf2181610b823b6745701f83.jpg

What’s the animal there?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

What’s the animal there?

That is an all black fox squirrel. I only one I've ever seen. And supposedly there is an albino one roaming around too. 

(He's carrying a golf ball in his jaws.)

20240420_094110.jpg

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

What’s the animal there?

39 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

That is an all black fox squirrel. I only one I've ever seen. And supposedly there is an albino one roaming around too. 

(He's carrying a golf ball in his jaws.)

20240420_094110.jpg

I was wondering the same thing, from the photo in your original post it looked like someone had a pet monkey they let loose. Those Fox squirrels can get huge! I used to see them quite a bit back in my hunting days and they could sound like a deer with all the noise they made going through the leaves. 

15 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I had no Internet and couldn't use ShotScope.

The Connex requires an Internet connection while playing? That sucks...

Oh well but at least the course looks to be in a beautiful area, and the golf and friends sounded fun 👍

And that downhill Par 3 is crazy!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

24 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

The Connex requires an Internet connection while playing? That sucks...

Oh well but at least the course looks to be in a beautiful area, and the golf and friends sounded fun 👍

And that downhill Par 3 is crazy!

I think the big issue was not being able to get my phone to connect to the GPS, I tried connecting and it just kept looking for a signal. 

I loved the 8th, it reminded me of the hole at the Gatlinburg municipal with the elevated tee shot. I didn't play any of the par three holes well, but at least I played this one better than the 10th. 

After this round, it's going to be interesting to see how high I score at RNK and Kingsmill. The rating and slope are 67.2/114 and so I have a feeling I might shoot 200 at RNK. 

Edited by sirchunksalot

Yesterday played in a Men's club event at Legion Memorial in Everett, WA "Best 12 holes".  Shot a 42 and took 3rd place worth $45. I shot 87 overall (my handicap is a 17.3). My game is coming along well after switching drivers (Went from G410+ to a ZX5) 2 weeks ago, so just grateful right now!

• Sirxon ZX5 9.5deg 50g Riptide shaft.
  • Taylormade R11s 7wood TP stiff shaft
  • Mizuno MP-18 MMC FliHi 3 & 4 irons
  • Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW
  • Mizuno T20 50°, 54°, 58°
  • Odyssey Red 1WS putter

Was able to get out Saturday for some range time that turned into a full round haha.

Shot a 44 & a 47 for a total of 91. Which would be my best round to date

10 Fairways out of 18(if I hit the green on a par 3 I consider it "fairway")

30 total putts(gave away some inside 6')

Was very happy with the round just have to continue to grind. I want to break 90 this year something bad!

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 55 S 12*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65 S 22*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

A LITTLE MORING GOLF STORY.......FOR YOUR READING ENJOYMENT!

The day dawned chilly in N/E Ohio, then the wind blew even colder off Lake Erie.   Powderhorn Golf Club, rough around the edges, but the fairways were in great shape, and the greens, were quite fast  compared to previously.   The cooler temperatures were not really a concern to me, as my brother and I play all winter long, if someone will let us out, often teeing off with air temps below 40 degrees.  Hopes were high, it was a change of course(finally dry enough to risk it), but a place we play multiple times a year, and I know well.

APPARENTLY on this Saturday morning, my number CAME UP, for the inescapable, unseen being(IT), VOODOO CURSE!!!  I didn't suspect anything because I took a bogie on #1, the #1 handicap hole(OK), and then a par on a short par 4 #2.  This is what   "IT"  does, so you don't suspect what is coming!!

Holes 3&4,  were allowed to proceed normally, not well, but without any exterior, malevolent force, that I could detect at this point it time.  THEN  THE ASSAULT BEGAN!

On hole #5 a short par 3, I apparently was subjected to a VOODOO needle though the head, of my doll, because for about 6 holes, my mind was completely USELESS to recall, even though I have done it 100,000 times at least,  HOW TO SWING A GOLF CLUB.  For 6 holes every attempt to swing an iron, resulted in a shot projected off to the right at a 45 degree angle.  Once this was over, the torture was a little more subtle.  Apparently AT THIS POINT restrictive rubber bands were placed around the torso.   No matter how carefully I planned out where I needed to land my chips/and pitch shots,   I physically could not move my arms, enough to generate the needed momentum to carry the ball the planned distance, EVER.

About this time the doll was apparently given to a VOODOO child, to play with.  As  would be expected with small children, VIOLENT SHAKING, AND DROPPING, ensued.  The result was that apparently my head was unable to be maintained in a relatively still position, and was SNAPPING all over the place,  and I hit about 9 balls off the tee, that barely made it to the forward tees...(I believe the last 4 years, I average 1 topped drive about every 3.5-5 rounds). 

And apparently after hole 2, the hands were pulled off.  Because they were completely disjointed from my body.  At no point was I able to communicate visual observation to them,  NO ADJUSTMENT was able to be made, alternating between leaving putts, 6 feet short, or blowing them 6 feet past, with 40 putts overall (average is 33. something) .

That my fellow Spies, is WHY you shoot 103, on a course your average 18 is 85.  

There was a  sinister force at work, and nobody is going to tell me any different. 

I don't care if you blame me, but I sold my soul to have somebody else's doll pulled out of the bin next weekend!  I DO IN FACT hope its  "you", because I can't take the abuse again!!!   Not really I hope nobody has to experience this.                                         

Edited by Stuka44

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

Sadly, I've been really struggling this spring.  The weather was half-way decent this weekend, and I feel like I wasted it a little bit.  I am having trouble making consistent contact.  I feel very stiff and my swing feels foreign and out of sequence.  I just keep trying to tell myself that it's early, there are going to be struggles. 

The benefit is that my handicap has ballooned so much that they've put a soft cap on it, so really, there's only one way  to go from here.  I hope everyone else had a great weekend and was able to get out an enjoy some nice weather and play well.

:mizuno-small: ST-X 230, 9.5°, Fujikura Ventus Red TR, 7-X

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus, 15°, Accra FX 2.0 370 M4

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB, 3-4, Graphic Design Tour AD-95, X-Flex

:mizuno-small: MP-20, MMC, 5-PW, Nippon Modus 2.0 Tour 120, S-Flex

:mizuno-small: T-24, 50°, 55°, 60°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115

:mizuno-small: M.Craft II

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS

:Arccos: 

Was able to get 9 in on Friday afternoon, first time playing in 2 weeks. This was the second time playing since I cracked the shaft on my driver, so I skirted around with my 3-wood off the tee, mostly into a stiff wind. I usually get paired with older folks, but I got to play with a couple of younger guys, I'm 35, and I was keeping up with their drivers off most tees, 250+. This is the main reason I haven't taken the time to test other drivers since I don't need one from the back tees at my home course. Would it make some of the holes easier, especially into the wind? Yes, but it also forces me into fuller shots with longer irons, which I could use the work.

On to the round. As you could imagine, I was a little rusty and tight from not having played and being sent straight to the tee before my time, and I bogey the first 2 holes, with not much good to speak of. After loosening up, I played 3-6 even with some good shots. I missed a par save on 7 after a duffed tee shot with a long iron. I doubled 8 after pulling my 3-wood into a penalty area, which has been my miss since my driver broke. I narrowly missed a birdie on 9 for a 41 with 15 putts. Not bad, not good but thankful to be able to play.

Jacob

shot a 45 on the front.....bogey every hole. Could not score/putt but then turned in a 37 on back because the putter finally started working.  Been going back and forth between a blade (scotty) and mallet (spyder) but i finally think i'm going to settle in with a mallet.  Just finding way more consistency in my opinion.  I'm also not a great putter to be fair so any little bit helps.  

1 hour ago, Stuka44 said:

A LITTLE MORING GOLF STORY.......FOR YOUR READING ENJOYMENT!

The day dawned chilly in N/E Ohio, then the wind blew even colder off Lake Erie.   Powderhorn Golf Club, rough around the edges, but the fairways were in great shape, and the greens, were quite fast  compared to previously.   The cooler temperatures were not really a concern to me, as my brother and I play all winter long, if someone will let us out, often teeing off with air temps below 40 degrees.  Hopes were high, it was a change of course(finally dry enough to risk it), but a place we play multiple times a year, and I know well.

APPARENTLY on this Saturday morning, my number CAME UP, for the inescapable, unseen being(IT), VOODOO CURSE!!!  I didn't suspect anything because I took a bogie on #1, the #1 handicap hole(OK), and then a par on a short par 4 #2.  This is what   "IT"  does, so you don't suspect what is coming!!

Holes 3&4,  were allowed to proceed normally, not well, but without any exterior, malevolent force, that I could detect at this point it time.  THEN  THE ASSAULT BEGAN!

On hole #5 a short par 3, I apparently was subjected to a VOODOO needle though the head, of my doll, because for about 6 holes, my mind was completely USELESS to recall, even though I have done it 100,000 times at least,  HOW TO SWING A GOLF CLUB.  For 6 holes every attempt to swing an iron, resulted in a shot projected off to the right at a 45 degree angle.  Once this was over, the torture was a little more subtle.  Apparently AT THIS POINT restrictive rubber bands were placed around the torso.   No matter how carefully I planned out where I needed to land my chips/and pitch shots,   I physically could not move my arms, enough to generate the needed momentum to carry the ball the planned distance, EVER.

About this time the doll was apparently given to a VOODOO child, to play with.  As  would be expected with small children, VIOLENT SHAKING, AND DROPPING, ensued.  The result was that apparently my head was unable to be maintained in a relatively still position, and was SNAPPING all over the place,  and I hit about 9 balls off the tee, that barely made it to the forward tees...(I believe the last 4 years, I average 1 topped drive about every 3.5-5 rounds). 

And apparently after hole 2, the hands were pulled off.  Because they were completely disjointed from my body.  At no point was I able to communicate visual observation to them,  NO ADJUSTMENT was able to be made, alternating between leaving putts, 6 feet short, or blowing them 6 feet past, with 40 putts overall (average is 33. something) .

That my fellow Spies, is WHY you shoot 103, on a course your average 18 is 85.  

There was a  sinister force at work, and nobody is going to tell me any different. 

I don't care if you blame me, but I sold my soul to have somebody else's doll pulled out of the bin next weekend!  I DO IN FACT hope its  "you", because I can't take the abuse again!!!                                            

Golf, like life, has a way of humbling us real quick.

Jacob

I'm afraid to look if .... "Golf Bag Exorcism" is an actual thing on the internet.  Because I may be inclined to pay for one!!

5 minutes ago, Jacob10 said:

Golf, like life, has a way of humbling us real quick.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV