How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played a course in real nice shape, a little wet from rain yesterday but everything green.

Hit the new Ping G pretty good getting used to it. Unfortunately every else in the bag must be broken because couldn't make anything. Ended up 42/44 for 86 and was lucky to get that.

Have Doc appt tomorrow for shoulder C how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Is this speaking from experience, or are you just saying that?   :D

Ha! Ha, ha!!!

(But, actually ... a little of both...)

Been working at this game for a while, and thought I was getting close to the point where I'd be able to play lo-/mid-90s on a regular basis .. but .. I'm not quite there (yet!) .. still around the 100+ area........

Last four 9-hole outings were at...

1. 55 with 20 putts

2. 59 with 20 putts

3. 50 with 17 putts

4. 52 with 18 putts

So putting is not great but not killing me; bigger problem is Tee-to-Green .. and getting off the tee. But strangely enough the worst of those rounds - the 59 - was when I was actually hitting the ball into the fairway, or at least to a playable position, every hole except for the first hole!

I'm still having at least one really bad blow-up hole per round, but more frequently two blow-up holes.... I'm capable of hitting some quality shots but just not consistently enough (yet?).

For example, my last 9 - on a new course - I started out bogey, bogey, par (on a Par 3), bogey but then went +3 followed by a +6 (both Par4s) .... Bogey on the next Par 5 but then finished double, double. I had three 1-putts but completely offset that with three 3-putts.... Tee shots were a mixed bag, irons and wedges were 50-50.

Yet despite all that I do feel as if I keep making incremental improvement, eg. still mis-hitting the ball a lot but most misses are not as severe as they used to be, some approach shots are getting closer and closer and once in a while hitting the green, etc. - so, I'm staying positive! :)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Me and my buddy ended up shooting 62-58 to come in 3rd in a 2 man scramble this weekend. But even better, we got ourselves for cheap in the Calcutta and finished 2nd in it. Not a bad little payout.

I also made my first ever Albatross this weekend. Crushed a drive on the par 5 6th that went left into the fairway of the 4th hole leaving us 129 yards. Then hit a gap wedge about a yard behind the stick that spun back into the hole.

attachicon.gif20170730_181828.jpg

That's just awesome. Congrats

double post.

Shot 34-36 again. It seems like I got tired on the back more easily. No driver today just 5 wood, sone of the holes I hit it as far as my driver. Loved it I may start doing this more. The perks of hitting higher lofted club off the tee is that it's easier to control trajectory.

39 for nine today. Had a double on one hole which kind of threw me off, and a couple of sloppy bogeys. I chunked the heck out of a 60 approach shot on the par 5 ninth. It was pretty bad...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Solid round for me, still trying to dial in my new irons. Only the 4th round with my new Nike Vapor Pros. IMG_0569.PNG

Driver:  Titleist TSR4
3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth Plus
2 Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi
4-GW IronsMIZUNO PRO 225
Wedges 51* and 56*: Honma TII World
Putter: PXG Spitfire GEN2

I played 54 holes in three days with some friends in Illinois. Didn't play too badly (90, 88, 89) for me considering strange courses. The last round was better than the score indicates as it was about 20 mph winds and some crazy pin placement on very fast greens. Highlight was a birdie on par 5 that was 529 on the card, but the three of us guessed it to be playing between 650-700 uphill and into the wind. Driver, 3w, 5 iron (all fairly good contact) to about 4 feet. The last nine was a bit of demo day for me - my friend offered to let me use his Callaway Apex irons he bought not that long ago. Forgiveness was amazing. Not a huge difference in distance from my irons - maybe half a club, but off-center hits still went nearly where I wanted. The weekend also highlighted my current biggest weakness is my irons (GIR in the 30% range for the weekend), as I hit 6 greens on the back and shot 41 as opposed to the 48 on the front.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

By myself for the first 14 holes then caught up to a threesome and played the rest with them. Ended up talking it up with one guy and he invited me out to play tomorrow with him and a buddy, who plays on the McKenzie (Canadian) Tour and Asian tours. I told him I wanted 10/side from his buddy hahaha.

Golfing wise not bad. Matrix sent me the wrong adapter on my shaft for testing so I had to take off the adapter from my current shaft and put it on the Matrix, so put my driver head on my 3w shaft and added an extra wedge. Still shot about the normal score.

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take it easy Rev. You have a lot of stress in your life right now. Don't take unnecessary risks.

Thanks Kenny I'm actually doing great! Had my physical last week. The doctor was pleased.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played a double today hit 'em so well on the first round I decided to play another round. It was raining a bit in the morning so it wasn't as hot, but really humid. Missed only 1 fairway and 2 greens morning round and shot 34-34:68

After a quick break I saw another member I know so I joined up with him and his 12 year old daughter. The girl played really well. We were all shooting from the white tee. I think she shot 85. Steady and fearless, awesome.

As for me second round felt better but didn't score as well. 35-37:72. Played so fast I got home by 11:30. Took a quick nap and here I am.

9 hole scramble tonight, my partner and I shot 6 under to win by 2

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

By myself for the first 14 holes then caught up to a threesome and played the rest with them. Ended up talking it up with one guy and he invited me out to play tomorrow with him and a buddy, who plays on the McKenzie (Canadian) Tour and Asian tours. I told him I wanted 10/side from his buddy hahaha.

Golfing wise not bad. Matrix sent me the wrong adapter on my shaft for testing so I had to take off the adapter from my current shaft and put it on the Matrix, so put my driver head on my 3w shaft and added an extra wedge. Still shot about the normal score.

Well the tour pro bailed when he heard it was going to rain. Then the other part of the foursome bailed so it was just going to be myself and the gentleman I played with yesterday.

Step on the first tee and it starts raining. Nothing crazy, no wind, just steady rain. He bails. So I figure I'll play until I'm wet and miserable then call it a day. Walking down the 4th fairway, the rain just stops. Got warmer and warmer, clouds started going away on the back, and I was sweating by about 16.

Good day for everything but the putts. Left everything a foot and a half short. Also, glove got wet when it was raining so went gloveless after the first 2 holes. Didn't find much of a difference, if anything my grip pressure was lighter. May have to ditch the glove altogether!

Screenshot_20170802-080243.png

Still hovering around 80. If I can just eliminate those 3 or 4 doubles per round... And hit more greens 😂

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

Shot a 43 on nine, it was honestly the most boring round I've ever played. Was also one of the first rounds I wasn't excited about. No really bad shots, nothing amazing either

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

That's the good kind of golf. You'll appreciate it soon enough.

I hope so, almost felt like as if I was losing interest. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I picked up a Ping G driver that had been a demo and took it out on the course yesterday for the first time. Oh man! Best driving round Ive had in my life! Without trying, I was carrying 300-305 on every shot, +10yds for total distance. Not sure what my score was, probably mid to low 70's but I was just having fun, bombing some drives!

VIDEO

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170802-080243.png

Still hovering around 80. If I can just eliminate those 3 or 4 doubles per round... And hit more greens

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Is this your home course?

Have you try planing to bogey every hole? How would you do it? Not more not less just +1 on every hole. When I was on the quest to concur my home course, playing 2 ball-worse ball, I did this for a few rounds til I get it, then I see a new way to make par.

Whole front nine today, I felt like a bag of crap that was swinging a golf club. No feel around the greens, mediocre off the tee. Added my score up from the day before, which wasnt too bad, and found I was only one shot worse than yesterday. That actually cheered me up. Didn't do much to help my game on the back though.

Also, the ground was so soft I wasn't getting any roll. This was from my driver on 1

DSC_0309.jpeg

Talk about backspin!! 260 carry, and 4" back. Ball mark was darn near deep as a ball!

Whole front nine today, I felt like a bag of crap that was swinging a golf club. No feel around the greens, mediocre off the tee. Added my score up from the day before, which wasnt too bad, and found I was only one shot worse than yesterday. That actually cheered me up. Didn't do much to help my game on the back though.

Also, the ground was so soft I wasn't getting any roll. This was from my driver on 1

attachicon.gifDSC_0309

Talk about backspin!! 260 carry, and 4" back. Ball mark was darn near deep as a ball!

No roll in Florida either with all the rain. Desperately need the rain so I can't whine.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Is this your home course?

Have you try planing to bogey every hole? How would you do it? Not more not less just +1 on every hole. When I was on the quest to concur my home course, playing 2 ball-worse ball, I did this for a few rounds til I get it, then I see a new way to make par.

Thanks for the advice, I usually break 80 3 or 4 times here but my swing is all over the place this year. I'm 32 and haven't had a lesson since I was 14. Might be time for a tune up...

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

Woke my behind up at 4:30 and and on the first tee at 5:22am, about half and hour before sunrise. Played the first 2 holes in the dark, awesome! Play really well this morning. My brothers game got hot really early and he weaken his grip a bit and now he's hitting them long and straight out drive me by 20-30 yards. On par 3s he's a club or 2 longer than me.

I hit 13/13 fairways there are 5 par 3s, and 5 par 5s missed a few greens and made a lot of birdies follow most with a bogey??? But we had a great time. He shot 78 to my 70. Good round. Got on 3 of the par 5s in 2, but couldn't reach gir on 2 of the long par 4s.

This afternoon I have a date with my daughter to a putt-putt, hope she likes it.

Very entertaining today to say the least. I had one stretch with three doubles in a row and another one with seven pars in a row.  The three doubles in a row were all contributed by snap hooks. The good thing is I'm close to eliminating the frigging ducks. ;)  

43 + 40 =83 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Very entertaining today to say the least. I had one stretch with three doubles in a row and another one with seven pars in a row. The three doubles in a row were all contributed by snap hooks. The good thing is I'm close to eliminating the frigging ducks. ;)

43 + 40 =83

But at least those putts are rolling in like butter right?

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Another nice Florida morning except overcast with a nice breeze almost perfect. Shot a very unsmooth 84, 41/43. Driver wasn't horrible but approach shots horrendous. With the shoulder being a problem irons are all over the place. GIR under 30%. The only thing that kept me in the 80's was putting. No three jacks!!

But is was a beautiful morning!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Woke my behind up at 4:30 and and on the first tee at 5:22am, about half and hour before sunrise. Played the first 2 holes in the dark, awesome! Play really well this morning. My brothers game got hot really early and he weaken his grip a bit and now he's hitting them long and straight out drive me by 20-30 yards. On par 3s he's a club or 2 longer than me.

I hit 13/13 fairways there are 5 par 3s, and 5 par 5s missed a few greens and made a lot of birdies follow most with a bogey??? But we had a great time. He shot 78 to my 70. Good round. Got on 3 of the par 5s in 2, but couldn't reach gir on 2 of the long par 4s.

This afternoon I have a date with my daughter to a putt-putt, hope she likes it.

Kids, especially daughters love being with their Dads. Enjoy!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

But at least those putts are rolling in like butter right?

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Oh Gawd Betty is rolling that rock!

Cleveland

Played like crap today, but managed a reasonable back.

Still shot 5 over tho.

Weird game. Approaches were on and off. But got some ups and downs.

Drove real well- that's one benefit of hot weather.

I hate it when I'm not crisping my irons. But my putter has been really good. No 3-putts.

I dunno, I get lucky a lot too, when I hit crappy shots they seem to end up not killing me most of the time.

It's such a fickle game, isn't it?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played like crap today, but managed a reasonable back.

Still shot 5 over tho.

Weird game. Approaches were on and off. But got some ups and downs.

Drove real well- that's one benefit of hot weather.

I hate it when I'm not crisping my irons. But my putter has been really good. No 3-putts.

I dunno, I get lucky a lot too, when I hit crappy shots they seem to end up not killing me most of the time.

It's such a fickle game, isn't it?

Amen bruther ! It's all too often a good kick in the arse however we keep coming back for more

Cleveland