Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Haven't bought a club in quite a while, but pulled the trigger on the 33", 385g Evnroll ER5

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Haven't bought a club in quite a while, but pulled the trigger on the 33", 385g Evnroll ER5

Nice! I really wish I could get fitted for one of these for next season. I do plan to get on a SAM putting lab this winter to see what my stroke is like and what will fit it the best. Gotta make big moves on that handicap next season

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Nice! I really wish I could get fitted for one of these for next season. I do plan to get on a SAM putting lab this winter to see what my stroke is like and what will fit it the best. Gotta make big moves on that handicap next season

I've been playing an Odyssey Works Tank #7 for the past 2 seasons and like it a lot, but I could use some help with distance control.  The ER5 is as close spec wise as I could get to my current gamer.

I've been playing an Odyssey Works Tank #7 for the past 2 seasons and like it a lot, but I could use some help with distance control. The ER5 is as close spec wise as I could get to my current gamer.

I have the Nike 001 which is a plumbers neck as well as the 002 so I'll prolly take them both in to see if either works and just retro fit

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Let me know your thoughts. Always wanted to give that one a whack.

My thoughts are simple on this one, just not for me.  I hit it yesterday on the LM along with my D2, D3 and Alpha 816 DBD.  Best results were the D2 with a Whiteboard and second was the D2 with the Kiyoshi Black.  One of my buddies that was with me gave it a go and he is going to give it a try this week in FL so hoping he has better luck that I did. 

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Can't believe I haven't bought anything in over a month.  It's a sad feeling when the FedEx truck pulls up outside the window of my office each day, and I don't even turn around anymore to see what he might be bringing in...LOL

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Going to change-out my Steelfiber i95 for the 110s. After my lesson last week, my thoughts were confirmed about going slightly heavier to improve my consistency. My builder in Charlotte will have them back to me by next Tuesday if I get them out today.

I'll have a set of i95 regular, 4-PW, for sale soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

SunMountain C130 cart bag.....local shop had them almost $50 off (newest model)....it's the Green/White if you can't tell very well from the pic

15228044_10207867939722745_1882863333_n.jpg

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Grabbed a Vokey SM5 58* K grind with a Recoil 110 F5 today while I was picking up my son's driver from the shop. Should slot in nicely with my Hogan irons.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

My wife ordered me a pair of adidas Adipower Boost 2 Men's Golf Shoe - White/Silver last evening for my Birthday...

1000000003728DET.jpg

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

It's starting to get cold up here in the desert NW.  Next week the low is supposed to get down to 22*; highs in the 30's.  I needed a pair of cold weather boots because golf shoes are just to cold for my feet.  Years ago I had a nice pair of Dunham boots that had an aggressive sole that provided decent traction for golf in wet conditions.  Last year I looked for a new pair and I never found any that had a sole that provided what I thought would be acceptable for the golf course.

On my trip to Oregon over Thanksgiving I found a pair of Merrell Moab FST Ice-Thermo on sale plus no sales tax!!  They have a Vibram sole engineered and designed to perform on wet ice. We will see.  They are very comfortable and lightweight.  I will be giving them a try when I walk 18 with the guys at the club tomorrow.

IMG_0583.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just won another set of C-Tapers in S+.  Going to try them in the Hogan PTx's and see if I like them better.  It's what I currently play in my Speedblades.

Let me know your thoughts. Always wanted to give that one a whack.

So a second run at the D4 and it could be a possibility.  I had a Matrix white tie at the house that was not really a fit for the other 915 heads and took it to my buddy yesterday for him to give it a go. I hit about 12 balls with it on the range and had great results, much better than just looking at numbers on the launch monitor.  Needless to say it will be coming back to me early next week and I am going to give it a shot.  The one part that I obviously could not really see indoors was the flight and it is just flat and straight...two things that play really well at my club.

WITB 2024

It's starting to get cold up here in the desert NW.  Next week the low is supposed to get down to 22*; highs in the 30's.  I needed a pair of cold weather boots because golf shoes are just to cold for my feet.  Years ago I had a nice pair of Dunham boots that had an aggressive sole that provided decent traction for golf in wet conditions.  Last year I looked for a new pair and I never found any that had a sole that provided what I thought would be acceptable for the golf course.

On my trip to Oregon over Thanksgiving I found a pair of Merrell Moab FST Ice-Thermo on sale plus no sales tax!!  They have a Vibram sole engineered and designed to perform on wet ice. We will see.  They are very comfortable and lightweight.  I will be giving them a try when I walk 18 with the guys at the club tomorrow.

attachicon.gifIMG_0583.jpg

Missed you this time.... 

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Missed you this time.... 

We didn't even bring sticks on that trip!  Rained every day.  We will be back at Christmas, and if we have some time, we might head down to your Top 100 fitter store!  I doubt we will be playing there anytime between now and spring.  We are headed to Phoenix for a couple of weeks in Feb.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

New addition to the putter corral...

EvnRoll.JPG

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Attended our club's Holiday Dinner last night....did not win any of the raffles, but scored a Dozen Wilson Duo Spins & 6 Wilson Duo Urethan balls....

wgwp28400-1.jpg  ws_duourethane_dozenand2ball_withbug.jpg

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Attended our club's Holiday Dinner last night....did not win any of the raffles, but scored a Dozen Wilson Duo Spins & 6 Wilson Duo Urethan balls....

wgwp28400-1.jpg  ws_duourethane_dozenand2ball_withbug.jpg

I'd say that's a pretty nice win!   DUO U is my ball of choice

I Think I will try the Duo U first.  It is 55 compression, whereas the Duo Spin is 35 compression.  Will try the Spins when it gets cold (50*-69*)

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I Think I will try the Duo U first.  It is 55 compression, whereas the Duo Spin is 35 compression.  Will try the Spins when it gets cold (50*-69*)

I don't think you will be disappointed in the DUO U, I wouldn't mind giving the Duo Spin a go at some point as well.

I believe they are priced as:

Duo $20

Duo spin $27

Duo U  $38

That puts the Duo U just above the Snell at $32 as I get a 10% off at my club ($38 - $3.80 = $34.20)

Guess I'll have to compare the Duo U with the Snell MTB as they are close on price.  Has anyone compared them?

I Think I will try the Duo U first. It is 55 compression, whereas the Duo Spin is 35 compression. Will try the Spins when it gets cold (50*-69*)

Yea that's mighty cold down there in your neck of the woods

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Came home from a trip last night and my wife ordered me the Scotty Holiday cover as an early Christmas present. 

WITB 2024

The bag was COMPLETELY changed out over the last 12 months. So I've bought a ton. I need to do a WITB thread. But most recently I got the adiboost shoes on a great deal and purchased the adidas golf jacket that was recently posted in the deal a day thread

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

latest purchase....a steal at 130 from rockbottom..very happy

1481905652053.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Just got some Vice Pro + balls in today. Also got two graphite shafts and two heads from Golfworks to assemble for my dad. Testing to see if we can get him more distance and control. Testing tomorrow and the clubs are curing now. Also got Mizuno Thermal winter gloves. Can't wait to use those when it gets colder!

Driver: Callaway 815 DBD Irons: New Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15's with KBS C-Taper Stiff Flex Shafts 21,25,29,33,37,41,45 Wedges: Ben Hogan TK with KBS Tour V Stiff Flex Shafts 52,56,60 Putter: Scotty Cameron Golo 5