Sign in to follow this  
mbrodeur86

So Tiger gets his own driver

That was my thought too. Why would anyone want to play a driver spec'd for Tiger? That's almost a 100% guarantee it won't be a good fit for them. But there will be people with more money than sense who "have" to have it so they can "impress" their buddies.

• Like 1

I just thought of something. Are people going to have to play his 93g X stiff blueboard in this? If so then good luck to the masses HAHAHA

I generally like releases from the pros but Joe schmoe won't be able to get this thing around at all. For them it will be like swinging the heavy training driver haha

• Like 1

Never mind it's Tigers driver head. It comes with a 73g billboard.

I was about to say

It's a 10.5 degree head too. So I doubt it's exactly like tigers specs lol

Actually given Tiger's AoA I would suspect he is using a 10.5.  That would help his launch angle - But regardless why?  Why when very few guys on tour if any would use the same specs as Tiger would someone here consider it?  Even if you had the same swing characteristics as his he would need something different - he's doing it for a living, he's playing courses that are set up totally differently from the ones we play - notice I said differently not necessarily more difficult (although in the case of most tournaments and most courses yes way more difficult).  Why would you want to play what he plays beyond perhaps the ball? 

You are going to have different needs to get your game around the course(s) you normally play than he does even if you have the same swing speed as he does.  I'm a reasonably good golfer who works at his game - that gets me on the golf course or practice facility 4 or sometimes 5 days a week in season.  During that time I may hit 100 practice balls.  He's hitting 500 a day, there is no such thing as an offseason for him and there are very few days out of the year when he is not working on his game.  I hit the ball in the fairway 80 percent of the time off the tee - I missed three fairways yesterday and all three were in the first cut - they were fine - on the proper side, with the proper approach into the green.  I need way more forgiveness in a driver than a touring pro does. 

I don't get the excitement about this product release.  I'd think that we would know better than that here.  Maybe someone can help me out on this one because I'm always ready to learn. 

• Like 1

For someone like you and I Rev, I guess it would be the novelty of it. Telling your buddy, hey I've got Tiger's driver. Want to hit it?

• Like 1

So this weekends been quite the boom for the new and improved Tiger driver. I'm sure there's been quite the run on them. :)

• Like 2

So this weekends been quite the boom for the new and improved Tiger driver. I'm sure there's been quite the run on them. :)

Give me DJ's and we may can talk

• Like 2

Tiger actually uses 11.25 degrees of loft at 59.25 degree lie angle, and a +2 3/2 face angle at 45.25" and tipped 1.5".  At least that's what his last several drivers were. 

I'm torn with Tiger. On one hand, as a father and a family man,  what he did to his family he is getting now in spades and he deserves it. Karma's a b*tch as they say and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed how much his game has suffered since the scandal.The fan in me though still wants him to succeed. Whether I like it or not, he's MY GENERATION'S Jack Nicklaus. He's the guy I looked up to, who I enjoyed watching week after week. 

I don't care what Tiger does outside golf.  I only care what he does on the course.   Let's not judge people if you don't know them personally.   Everyone has their own weaknesses.   And the media magnify the weaknesses just because they want a high rating.  The media don't care anything about the person on the spotlight is getting a bad coverage.  Remember what happened to princess Diana?? ring a bell? 

And you should thank the guy because younger people are starting to pick up the sport.  And it means a good future for golf.  When I was young (and it was a loooong time ago), nobody liked golf.   Whenever I played golf (when Tiger was still an amateur), I only saw a bunch of 50 year old smacking and swearing because they slice their driver.  

• Like 3

I don't care what Tiger does outside golf.  I only care what he does on the course.   Let's not judge people if you don't know them personally.   Everyone has their own weaknesses.   And the media magnify the weaknesses just because they want a high rating.  The media don't care anything about the person on the spotlight is getting a bad coverage.  Remember what happened to princess Diana?? ring a bell? 

And you should thank the guy because younger people are starting to pick up the sport.  And it means a good future for golf.  When I was young (and it was a loooong time ago), nobody liked golf.   Whenever I played golf (when Tiger was still an amateur), I only saw a bunch of 50 year old smacking and swearing because they slice their driver.  

I agree with you but here's the thing. When you become as big as Tiger, you also carry a role model image and responsibility. The media can magnify everything he does because of WHO he is. At the end of the day, he's the face of golf and when something like this happens, golf takes a hit also. You didn't hear anything like this happening when Jack and Arnie were ruling the golf world (yes different time but regardless had they done something bad or out of character, it would have been caught). 

Point being is we need a healthy Tiger, golf needs him. I hope that he finds his game in time to get the young bloods coming up and show them that he's not ready to give up his throne just yet.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan and always will be. Yes we all have our weaknesses as well as are strengths but when you ascend to the top of the mountain of anything, you need to lead by example. As a father, I have responsibilities not only to my wife but my kids. I hold them in high regard. I was a borderline alcoholic who drank stupid levels of alcohol and even dabbled in drugs. Once I had my first born though, my priorities changed.

He can do whatever he wants off the golf course, it certainly is his life but if that's what he wants to do, they shouldn't have built him up as this great family man. His team did this not anyone else.